Print Page | Close Window

Ex NFL Star Darren Sharper Charged With Rape

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367704
Printed Date: Sep 24 2018 at 6:20pm

Topic: Ex NFL Star Darren Sharper Charged With Rape
Posted By: petiteone29
Subject: Ex NFL Star Darren Sharper Charged With Rape
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:04pm

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Former NFL star Darren Sharper faces two rape charges in Los Angeles, police said Saturday.

Sharper, 38, was arrested Friday afternoon by the Los Angeles Police Department's sexual assault section of its robbery-homicide unit, according to LAPD spokeswoman Sally Madera.

The Miami Beach, Florida, resident has been "linked to two sexual assaults in west Los Angeles" that allegedly happened in October 2013 and this month, an LAPD news release said.

Madera said the charges concern California Penal Code 261(A)(30). The code section involves a rape "where a person is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this condition was known, or reasonably should have been known by the accused."

Sharper was freed from jail after posting a $200,000 bond just before midnight Friday, Madera said. He must appear before a judge on February 14 for arraignment, according to county jail records.

Sharper also is being investigated for a sexual assault that allegedly happened in New Orleans on September 24, New Orleans police spokeswoman Remi Braden told CNN on Saturday.

"As with every case alleging sexual assault, information gathered is extremely sensitive and the top priority of the detectives is to protect the person who filed the complaint," Braden said. "Because this is an ongoing criminal investigation, we cannot provide additional information at this time."

Sharper, a defensive back, became an analyst for the NFL Network after injuries forced an end to his 14-year playing career. The network suspended Sharper without pay in the wake of the arrest, a spokesman told CNN on Saturday.

Sharper did not immediately respond to CNN requests for comment.

Sharper's pro football career began as a second-round draft choice by the Green Bay Packers in 1997. After eight seasons with the Packers, including a loss to Denver in Super Bowl XXXII, he moved to the Minnesota Vikings for four years.

He signed as a free agent with the New Orleans Saints in 2009, which led to a Super Bowl ring that first season. Injuries hampered his second year with the Saints, which led to his retirement in 2011.

Sharper was chosen for the Pro Bowl five times.

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:06pm
Why he out here coochie crooking it? Why? Dude is a straight up predator? 

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:11pm
waits for someone to say he's too attractive/has too much money to rape

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:11pm
No one is going to even touch that......not saying they aint thinking it......but they wouldn't dare post it lol

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:12pm
Where are the white women in question?

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:15pm
I wonder what else will come out now.

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:17pm
According to the article the victims were under the influence of something. I wonder if he gave them that "something". 

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:18pm
There's also another incident in another city that was filed last September. He's looking like a serial rapist.

Eta: I didn't read the post above before I posted but I see that the mainstream media has picked up the first allegation.

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Why do you assume they are white?

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Why do you assume they are white?

Aren't they always? j/k Nah it was just a (half) joke.

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:24pm
Oh ok. LOL

I automatically pictured white women too. But I was just curious why you did.

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:26pm
Because that's who most of these ballers associate with...

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:28pm
Darren and Gabby dated for a while.

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:34pm
Apparently there were 3 assaults. In September, October and January 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:39pm
Confused

I'm glad they caught him

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:40pm
^^+1

(eta: to BB post, because I know how bhm can be w/ out of order posting)

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:43pm
3?!

This negro...I hope he loses his lil job over this. Bye bish!

Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 12:49am
Wtf, he's a serial rapist? There's bound to be more victims...

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 4:07am
OMG The Pick Magnet is scum like this!!!!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:17am
Jocks

I'm sure tons more are gonna be coming out

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:21am
whaaaaat?
no! 

i had a crush on him. i dont believe it. 

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:33am
All these nigguhs know how to do is pass a ball and rape

I didn't forget about Jameis Winston's lucky punk ass either

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:34am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

No one is going to even touch that......not saying they aint thinking it......but they wouldn't dare post it lol

i was going to say it... before i really really thought about it

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 8:56am
I hope noone thinks somebody can be too handsome or rich to rape. Rape isn't about sex or not being able to get sex. I remember years ago I had a coworker who almost got raped behind a metro station. She fought the attacker off. And a few months later she was called down to the police station to identify the guy after he was caught. Apparently this guy raped at least 8 women in that same area. My coworker found out that the guy came from a very wealthy family. He was young and handsome, college educated, apparently married to a beautiful wife with a new baby. And she said he was really handsome. His victims ranged from mid teens to women well into their 50s. I don't put anything ,especially rape, past any dude.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:05am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I hope noone thinks somebody can be too handsome or rich to rape. Rape isn't about sex or not being able to get sex. I remember years ago I had a coworker who almost got raped behind a metro station. She fought the attacker off. And a few months later she was called down to the police station to identify the guy after he was caught. Apparently this guy raped at least 8 women in that same area. My coworker found out that the guy came from a very wealthy family. He was young and handsome, college educated, apparently married to a beautiful wife with a new baby. And she said he was really handsome. His victims ranged from mid teens to women well into their 50s. I don't put anything ,especially rape, past any dude.

wow...sounds like an episode of law and order svu.  im glad she was able to fight him off + he was caught.  when those type of rapists get caught it helps to break down a lot of stereotypes.

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:20am
Yeah wonder. When she told me I was like Confused. He would travel all the way down to N. E. DC to rape women. 

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:42am
Just googled James Winston. Case seems a little suspect to me. The girl changed her story. This is the first time I have heard of this case.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:59am
Dummy
Go to jail. Do not go past go. Do not collect.

Court date on Valentine's Day

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:05am
Disgusting IF he did it but you know they about to put the victim on trial. If she has them drunk FB posts and Instagram pics in her undies , smh how it will play out in the media.

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 10:23am
Yep they always put the victims on trial. SMH. I swear I want to change careers and get into criminal justice so I can make some changes with how the law handles rape cases. Its disgusting. These women are treated like criminals instead of with compassion. 

I read a article about a girl who was drugged and anally raped at a college house party and the hospital wouldn't give her a rape kit because the police said that her story wasn't believable. She tried going to different hospitals and they wouldn't do the kit either because of some stupid reason that I can't recall. She had to walk around feeling shamed and disgusted, couldn't take a shower for fear of washing away evidence. She eventually just went home and showered. I guess she felt that it wasn't worth the humiliation.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 11:20am
I am a big NFL fan . I recall several claims against the man . I think many women are afraid to come foward . I think we have a serial NFL player Rapist . I hope the evil man goes to jail for along time .

Print Page | Close Window