Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367670
Printed Date: Feb 22 2018 at 1:44pm

Topic: Chicago Ladies
Posted By: Luvmyson2008
Subject: Chicago Ladies
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 11:34am
I just ordered some hair from Her Imports (I know, I know) because they have a free closure deal.

Anyhow, I'm contemplating going to Sharita at Savad's Hair Studio or Ashlee Milan. 

I literally just took out my GHOH Blow Out, I loved it but I had to keep getting it reinstalled because I wasn't happy with the install so I just got tired of looking at it so I put it in the stash and ordered Brazilian Wavy.  (BTW their silk based closures are amazing.)

So does anyone have any reccomendations for the Chicago area of who can do a good install with a flat undetectable closure.

Thanks.
Tongue

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:46am
Ivy powell from YT has done a few installs for people I know.....and I have a friend that travel between Chicago and ATL.....PM me for his IG

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 12:02pm
Tracye Madre does my friend's hair, buuuuuuuuuuuut there used to be a lot of not so positive threads about her when I first joined. I think it was moreso her prices than quality if work.

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:52pm
ive never been to her, but ive seen natalie b's pic online and her sew ins look GOOD

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:52pm
they look really natural, no kilo of hair on one head

Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 12:12pm
I love Natalie's work but she doesn't do what I want done. Has anyone been to starr knight?

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 11:51am
I have some of TM's hair but her prices are ridiculous!

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:42pm
https://www.styleseat.com/indiashrae

thoughts?

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:47pm
Speaking of style seat, I found this stylist for one of my girls and she got a full sew in. However, I believe she does closures too.

https://www.styleseat.com/m/index.html#/p/56352?cpn=fbl

Posted By: Unique Monique
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:07pm
@keystylist on IG she is in Chicago

Posted By: ATAYLOR
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:53am
I have been to Anita twice she's pretty good

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:06pm
I went to anita once.  My install was good but it wasn't the best and my thread started popping the 2nd or 3rd day.  This time I went to starr knight.  She cut my tracks and wouldn't have put them close together if I wouldn't have insisted.  I assumed I was going to a shop but it was her house.  Her braiding foundation is amazing but it's a little tight I had to take tylenol for the next 2-3 days after my install.  I'm going to jae hudson next to see if she works out for me.  It looks like she grows hair really well but her closure apps leave something to be desired- desperately and it looks like her installs are spaced really far apart as well.  So I just don't know.  I'm in the process of reviewing this her imports hair.  So far it's doing really good. I have so much going on and I have so many reviews to do and my baby is due next month I have no idea where the time went.  But please keep posting stylist ladies because the search continues.

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 4:48pm

Closure stylists are far and few between in Chicago.  It's kinda sad I've had an install by almost everyone mentioned in here.Ouch Maybe it's just "ME"

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:59pm
shesnaijamazing is in Chicago and I love her closure apps
 U may want to hit her up to seeb if she still does sew ins

Posted By: blackbar-b
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:29pm
I've gone to a stylish from Tracy madre and it was terrible..too tight and I had tons on shedding , I've also had an install from ivy last summer..she's awesome..I'm may go back, only thing she doesn't wash your have you have to come with it washed and blow dried

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by blackbar-b blackbar-b wrote:

I've gone to a stylish from Tracy madre and it was terrible..too tight and I had tons on shedding , I've also had an install from ivy last summer..she's awesome..I'm may go back, only thing she doesn't wash your have you have to come with it washed and blow dried

Hi, how long did Ivy's install last?

Print Page | Close Window