Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367627
Printed Date: Dec 17 2018 at 1:42am

Topic: Hair Diplomacy
Posted By: Princess Grace
Subject: Hair Diplomacy
Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:18pm
It seems you can't say nuffin about nuffin anymore, what happened to the days when you could say your hair looks dry maybe you should try some Aragon oil on your install. Now if you say anything other than it looks nice, its shade or a read. 

Then it seems if you wear weave it has to be some justification and say you are protective styling Confused, while you grow your own "natural" locks to BSL. I guess I am the only one left who just installs 12oz of someone elses hair just because. 

Also when did hair gel make a comeback?OuchOuchOuchConfusedConfusedConfusedCryCry

In all honesty do you ladies believe all the new hair diplomacy and pc is helping ladies with their installs? 

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 12:38am
I can't save these installs.....they don't wanna be saved......I remain silent....assess the mess....flip hair and keep it moving.....

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:20am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I can't save these installs.....they don't wanna be saved......I remain silent....assess the mess....flip hair and keep it moving.....

Wink

But what if there is brown gel involved? Still flip my hair, side eye and walk away in my sparkly Uggs?
OkayCryCryCry

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Wink

But what if there is brown gel involved? Still flip my hair, side eye and walk away in my sparkly Uggs?
OkayCryCryCry

You see me comment up here on these bad installs? 

They don't want constructive criticism they want lies.....

Posted By: blackandfearless
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 2:15am
names or nothing happened

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 2:30am
Originally posted by blackandfearless blackandfearless wrote:

names or nothing happened

This would be viewed as a "Read"CryCry. Back when I joined threads would be so long it would be a part 2 just so all the members could discuss how you went wrong with your closure install and what you needed to do to fix it.

Now if you say you don't like their Aliexpress vendor they get all huffy.
( not towards ANYONE in particular) 

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:23am
#coversface#....not everyone can take constructive criticism. Some people just think they know it all.....even when their track is showing they think that's a great install.

Posted By: CreatingALegacy
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:01am
I think it's just people take their installs too personally. Half of the time people want something and want to pay nearly nothing then do a self-install at home and walk out of the house looking like Beyonce. I live in Atlanta so everyone thinks their 32 inch install is flawless along with their dry ends, frizzy leave out, and their tracks playing peek-a-boo with every hair flip. 

Posted By: Alisha
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:08am
I totally agree with everything said here. I've been lurking and a member on this site for years combined and when I started out in lace fronts I would post pictures JUST to get the criticism. I wanted to know how I looked through the eyes of others. Maybe I was missing something or overlooking something. I wanted people to point out mistakes and make suggestions. Sometimes I would get comments of things I never thought of. I welcomed it all. Even when people didn't like what I did because it wasn't their preference I still respected it and accepted it. It does seem like nowadays you can't even mention a hair out of place to someone without them getting defensive or catty.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:22am
This is a hair board constructive criticism is always welcome even if people like it or not. If it looks like a bad install then it just looks like one. If it looks like a bomb arse install then boom. I look at some of the "I got my hair done/install" and I see the comments and i'm like WTF yall like that?Confused but then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We have to pick our battles because the P.O.R.N will never be shown on this board.

Some girls really just don't know. I tell them in a big sister trying to help you out kinda way.

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:09am
You can tell who is going to get all urban if you say the blending is off. 

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:01am
Most of the Aliexpress hair is a mess.....straight up.....and if you aint gon get the weave cut right at the very least keep those ends curled.....

All of the ombre is off.....just block of color slapped on hair.....I would offer more help but half the time y'all don't listen and end up looking a mess.....

Posted By: mvanburen19
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:04am

Most of the Aliexpress hair is a mess.....straight up.....and if you aint gon get the weave cut right at the very least keep those ends curled.....

All of the ombre is off.....just block of color slapped on hair.....I would offer more help but half the time y'all don't listen and end up looking a mess.....
HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I LEFT MY ALIEXPRESS Where they got it from, in the Garbage. I totally agree.

Posted By: mvanburen19
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:05am
BUT WAIT!!!!!!!! who is still using brown gel?

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:06am

This is a true ombre......

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:23am

This is a true ombre......
Sandra show us the ombre you see on the skreets.

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:35am

Its real in des skreets.

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:39am
You so messyLOL

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:40am
I use to give advice , but we have so many members that will go off now . I past the topics or post a random thought . I have no problem with anyone offering advice to help me with my installs , unless you are only here to act a fool for laughs . Suprise so many young women are immature bullies at 20 to 25 years of age .   

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:42am

Its real in des skreets.
u aint lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 12:02pm
I know some of my post cant be turnt up but if I am trying to help I don't go there. Lort how many time have i went downstairs to try and save a weave soul and they already have their defense as to why they MUST & NEED to order virgin Brazilian off ALIEXPRESS. Cry

Then If I say just order some Wagmans its too much but if you add up the $187 for first Ali order then $203 for 2nd order from the new hot and popping vendor on the weave charts you already out of $400 and all you got is thin ends, some silicone mix in your Amazon cart and a sad story. 

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 12:29pm

Its real in des skreets.
Looks like a paint brush lol .

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 12:46pm

I know some of my post cant be turnt up but if I am trying to help I don't go there. Lort how many time have i went downstairs to try and save a weave soul and they already have their defense as to why they MUST & NEED to order virgin Brazilian off ALIEXPRESS. Cry

Then If I say just order some Wagmans its too much but if you add up the $187 for first Ali order then $203 for 2nd order from the new hot and popping vendor on the weave charts you already out of $400 and all you got is thin ends, some silicone mix in your Amazon cart and a sad story. 

I won't lie. I ordered hair from aliexpress because I'm cheap lol and I didn't want to invest in some good hair and mess it up. I like to experiment with my hair and I'm new to weaves. So I'm sure I'm going to mess something up somewhere. Beauty Supply hair was too expensive in the lengths I wanted so I just went with ssomething cheap till I found out what style length texture and colors I like THEN I'll invest. I know in a sense it's kind of like wasting money but this is the route Im comfortable with for now.   

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Alisha Alisha wrote:

I won't lie. I ordered hair from aliexpress because I'm cheap lol and I didn't want to invest in some good hair and mess it up. I like to experiment with my hair and I'm new to weaves. So I'm sure I'm going to mess something up somewhere. Beauty Supply hair was too expensive in the lengths I wanted so I just went with ssomething cheap till I found out what style length texture and colors I like THEN I'll invest. I know in a sense it's kind of like wasting money but this is the route Im comfortable with for now.   

Your expectations seem inline with what you are willing to pay for the longer length hair you like. You don't seem angry about it. Hell I have been cheap before and that is why that wig hanging on the coat rack looking unloved. I got all $105 + shipping out that cheap heffa, I ain't mad. 

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 2:19pm
Most of the time I don't even look at "p.orn" threads, unless it's some actual Virgin XXX goodness or I'm going through hair withdrawal. Embarrassed

You're a hater if you offer your opinion. I remember threads I posted years ago and people offer their opinions and with those opinions my hair looked 10x better!! But the board isn't like that anymore so I just come for the drama. 

Posted By: antish82
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:07pm
The one and only time I posted air pics I asked for suggestions. I'm on this site to learn and some of the members are truly skilled in their craft. I was actually scared and intimidated to post but when I did I realized I made it more than what it really was. I don't think there's anything wrong with constructive criticism but I think it must be delivered with tact. You can tell someone they look fat in a dress or you can say "that may not be the best dress for your shape maybe you should try this". Its all about delivery. That being said you can give the most tactful response and people still take it personally. .

I've seen installs on here that i give the side eye but I don't comment for two reasons. First I have a lot to learn and I don't feel comfortable commenting on something I'm not too well versed in. Second I don't want to say something n get entangled in someonlie ebeef. Ain't got time for that.

Lastly I purchase off of Ali because that's what my pockets can afford. I stay n my lane and avoid trying to keep up with the joneses. If you got deep pockets more power to you. All of my Ali purchases haven't been great but I think I found two vendors worth sticking with. I would love to spend $500+ on some hair but unfortunately that's not a reality for me. (That being said I might have to eat pbnj for breakfast lunch and dinner to get me some of that yummy loose curl. That hair has me drooling on myself!)

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:19pm

I like your honest op .^^^ How much do you pay for 2/4 bundles of hair on ALI ? I think if you purchase the hair every other month , you are spending close to the same amount for quality hair . I found about ALI hair years ago, but never purchase after checking out the fake pictures of Tina turner lol.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:28pm
I buys and wear ali hair and don't care b/c it LOOKS like sumthin...................yall don't let 510 be walkin round here lookin a mess.  Im bout to install some hair this weekend yall betta pull my colla

Posted By: DivaMelody
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:47pm
I totally agree. I thought it just meant I had grown out of the board. There is an ongoing post with an OP that resembles a colorful cartoon character with nothing but likes and kudos. I think I took as my cue to just go continue lurking. I think we gotta understand that some people are here for useful info, some to sell and find buyers, some to find vendors, many just to be seen. I guess it is what it is . I try to remember that whenever I log in. It would be nice to revive the goodness the board used to be.

Posted By: Island-Clo
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:53pm
^^^^^^ yes I know what your talking about I just kept right on...lol

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by DivaMelody DivaMelody wrote:

I totally agree. I thought it just meant I had grown out of the board. There is an ongoing post with an OP that resembles a colorful cartoon character with nothing but likes and kudos. I think I took as my cue to just go continue lurking. I think we gotta understand that some people are here for useful info, some to sell and find buyers, some to find vendors, many just to be seen. I guess it is what it is . I try to remember that whenever I log in. It would be nice to revive the goodness the board used to be.
Dead

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

I buys and wear ali hair and don't care b/c it LOOKS like sumthin...................yall don't let 510 be walkin round here lookin a mess.  Im bout to install some hair this weekend yall betta pull my colla

*Remembers to check for thread* LOL

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:12pm
Thanks. My last purchase was in December and I haven't put it in yet so idk how that's gonna act but my purchase before that was in march. I purchased 5 bundles with a closure for $407, 16/18/20/22/ and 24 + 14 " closure, (brought way too much hair for my taste and I have almost two bundles left over) from queen weave beauty. The hair is still holding up well. I purchased new hair for versatility ( I want a short bob). Also I kinda hate styling hair so if I can have my curly wig with my straight colored wig with my short bob and take ne of those bad boys off my mannequin head in the morning and roll then that's great. But I digress. I totally believe in spending more upfront for better quality but I also don't want to brake the bank.

In the interest of this thread I will repost my pictures and ask you ladies for your honest opinions. i promise I won't catch feelings. And for the poster that added the ombré pics simply amazing! Can I send you some of my Ali hair so you can do that to it? Lol!

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac224/antish82/?action=view¤t=970ac9c12ce4b4361bf6ce7897d2d202_zps5a7e7072.jpg" rel="nofollow">

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac224/antish82/?action=view¤t=6c63382595e97ea4b6013cabcd9d7f0c_zps445dd7db.jpg" rel="nofollow">

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac224/antish82/?action=view¤t=9db8e33e9b7500cf2b7476915b8abcaf_zps9732fb1a.jpg" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:38pm
Me personally I appreciate personal criticism, just let me know how I can fix the issue spotted. Because if no one ever tells you that you look a mess you will never make it to a 10.

Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by antish82 antish82 wrote:

Thanks. My last purchase was in December and I haven't put it in yet so idk how that's gonna act but my purchase before that was in march. I purchased 5 bundles with a closure for $407, 16/18/20/22/ and 24 + 14 " closure, (brought way too much hair for my taste and I have almost two bundles left over) from queen weave beauty. The hair is still holding up well. I purchased new hair for versatility ( I want a short bob). Also I kinda hate styling hair so if I can have my curly wig with my straight colored wig with my short bob and take ne of those bad boys off my mannequin head in the morning and roll then that's great. But I digress. I totally believe in spending more upfront for better quality but I also don't want to brake the bank.

In the interest of this thread I will repost my pictures and ask you ladies for your honest opinions. i promise I won't catch feelings. And for the poster that added the ombré pics simply amazing! Can I send you some of my Ali hair so you can do that to it? Lol!

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac224/antish82/?action=view¤t=970ac9c12ce4b4361bf6ce7897d2d202_zps5a7e7072.jpg" rel="nofollow">

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac224/antish82/?action=view¤t=6c63382595e97ea4b6013cabcd9d7f0c_zps445dd7db.jpg" rel="nofollow">

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac224/antish82/?action=view¤t=9db8e33e9b7500cf2b7476915b8abcaf_zps9732fb1a.jpg" rel="nofollow">

I love that 2nd pic. The color & curl is beautiful

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:01pm
Thanks Tamela. That was my first time bleaching hair and it was a challenge. I bleach then had to re dye because I bleached to much.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:04pm
You cant even advise those who ask for advice.... attituuuude. And don't dare do it if they don't ask

Even somebody slipping in the street gets an attitude when you try to help. I had an appt and this woman... my God, she didn't even try to blend. The WHOLE top track was right there staring at me. When she gave me the book to sign in and lowered her head to show me where to sign... it was like BAM. Not one single word did I say. You cant tell people nothing these days...

worse, it was NYE and she said her bday was tomorrow. All I could think was you celebrating your bday AND bringing it the new year that way??

She did, I saw her on the 10th and homegirl had the same track showing. Never again will I tell someone about their hair cause people get MAD

Posted By: miszscott
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:40pm
I thought most hair companies purchase their hair off of Ali or from Chinese vendors in general, was I wrong? Why break the bank with Higher priced companies if they get their hair cheaper from a place you can to? Im all sorts of f%cing confused now. Ermm

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 9:17pm
I agree. I don't comment on PICS because half of the time its horrible but there are a few good ones on here. I've ordered from aliexpress but I only use certain vendors and I make wigs to keep the life of the hair. I have an aliexpress wig that's 2 years old and still going strong. BUT I also know that sh!t ain't real "Mongolian" hair either. Stop asking the difference between Malaysian Peruvian and Brazilian. That sh!t is all the same people. GOSH!

Posted By: beautyboo
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 5:46am
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

I agree. I don't comment on PICS because half of the time its horrible but there are a few good ones on here. I've ordered from aliexpress but I only use certain vendors and I make wigs to keep the life of the hair. I have an aliexpress wig that's 2 years old and still going strong. BUT I also know that sh!t ain't real "Mongolian" hair either. Stop asking the difference between Malaysian Peruvian and Brazilian. That sh!t is all the same people. GOSH!

How we all ish there was a dif.    seriously though none of ali vendors has virgin hair

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 5:56am
I agree with many of the replies........ folks get real hurt by honestly.   It's amazing how so many people will lie to the OP when the pics are being posted.   I think it's great that there are some still willing to share, but I wish they would be more accepting of what this board was made for... information sharing and upping your weave game.  As for ALI.......I lost my damn mind for a minute and purchase a mangy rat from LWIGS. 
  I silently say a little prayer for those horrible installs.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 6:24am
Lol @ this thread. But y'all better let me know if I have a bad install. Any critiques I've had from this board have a only helped me up my game anyways. No feelings hurt over here.

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 10:21am
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

I agree with many of the replies........ folks get real hurt by honestly.   It's amazing how so many people will lie to the OP when the pics are being posted.   I think it's great that there are some still willing to share, but I wish they would be more accepting of what this board was made for... information sharing and upping your weave game.  As for ALI.......I lost my damn mind for a minute and purchase a mangy rat from LWIGS. 

The messed up part is Lwigs wasn't always like that, they fell off I guess. CryCryCry 

Posted By: Chiberry
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 11:27am
@miszscott, my thoughts exactly. Even more confused now..
In the end ladies, the criticism should be on the beauty (or absence of it ) of the install, and not the grade of hair whether BSS, AE or AV or CV.

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 12:00pm
The quality plays a major part tho....especially when people use to name vendors and put you on quality hair for the same price you were paying for BSS hair......but y'all will ruin a datum vendor....try to build a IG company and talk shyt....

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

CryCryCryLOLHeart

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 2:00pm
Also its not about the weave haves and have nots, I am not here to shade anyone cause they order hair from Aliexpress, it is plenty of cv's that are mentioned on the boards that sell hair on AliExpress but be realistic with your expectations too. Just gone ahead and have some silicon mix shampoo and conditioner ready just in case or at least look up how to BB some hair.

Can I ask a question, where is everyone going with this 28" hair?Confused

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 2:50pm
Yes lord ^^^^^i like long hair but everyone can't carry it off. I don't think people are worried about if it looks good on them or not honestly. I think it's more like " I can buy it so I'm gonna wear it" whether they look like a dam fool or not. And might as well make it ombré baby pink to dark purple too. Why don't people want to look pretty anymore !?!? Damn lady gaga and nicki Minaj for this crap. Oh and strawberry shortcake and the little mermaid and my little pony !!!

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 2:58pm
On thd other hand nothing wrong with Ali or Cv or Av or anything. People will buy what they can afford and what feels right to them. I've ordered from trash places and gotten premium hair and vice versa. It is truly a gamble. There is no way to predict what you will get with hair because it's not all from the same head and is subjected to multiple processes so at this point can't really say or predict the best. My problem is the cv I was using prices went sky high but quality went down. I started using Ali to fill in when I'm not using my stash and have had horrid to wonderful experiences. It's just a lot of $$$$ period. I'm determined to only make 2 new purchases of hair this year and I've made 1 so pray lol

Posted By: *SUCCMIDRY*
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 3:06pm

I'm glad someone put it out there because the last few installs I peeked at up here with all the pages and praises...

There are ways to tell people the truth without being shady and putting them on blast. Hell PM them,but don't be in thread talking bout "yaasss bitch werk." No.

And ALI is the ish. I'm going to say 9/10 of these "AVs" purchase from someone on Aliexpress and wash,condition, silicon mix and mark up the prices. Don't be fooled. Once you get a good CV, stick with them ! And if you pop up in my inbox talking about oooo who is your vendor for so and so 

If I didn't say in the thread then I'm not sharing! Unless we cool like that Cool

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by *SUCCMIDRY* *SUCCMIDRY* wrote:

I'm glad someone put it out there because the last few installs I peeked at up here with all the pages and praises...

There are ways to tell people the truth without being shady and putting them on blast. Hell PM them,but don't be in thread talking bout "yaasss bitch werk." No.

And ALI is the ish. I'm going to say 9/10 of these "AVs" purchase from someone on Aliexpress and wash,condition, silicon mix and mark up the prices. Don't be fooled. Once you get a good CV, stick with them ! And if you pop up in my inbox talking about oooo who is your vendor for so and so 

If I didn't say in the thread then I'm not sharing! Unless we cool like that Cool

AMEN TO THAT.

Posted By: Aihtnyck
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 4:03pm
Aliexpress can be Alibaba's cave ( <- I'm already out [] ) but I think it takes too much money and patience to find a good vendor, through trial and error. Plus most don't accept Paypal.
I'd rather get my hair from a company that is known as reliable, even if I'm just paying for the pink ribbon they put on the hair, because at least I know I'm not getting some synthetic blend (<- and if I am, it's much easier to get a refund from an AV ) and they checked the quality.

And not to mention that Ali vendors have taken their prices to another level than, say 3-4 years ago, and they are not much cheaper than other AV's now Geek

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by DivaMelody DivaMelody wrote:

Yes lord ^^^^^i like long hair but everyone can't carry it off. I don't think people are worried about if it looks good on them or not honestly. I think it's more like " I can buy it so I'm gonna wear it" whether they look like a dam fool or not. And might as well make it ombré baby pink to dark purple too. Why don't people want to look pretty anymore !?!? Damn lady gaga and nicki Minaj for this crap. Oh and strawberry shortcake and the little mermaid and my little pony !!!

alot of people are just following trends and don't care. Me personally I love long hair. Short hair on me looks odd. And I love color but I'm not going to just plop anything on my head and go. I have to tailor it to fit me and my style. And to be honest I've always done unnatural colors but now I'm so tired of it because everybody and their mom has colors now. I'm going back black and simple.

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 6:06pm
Wonders is Grace and Succmidry is cool like datErmm.

I am sitting here laughing cause Grace is sitting here all kinds of wrong, picture this.. 20' wig dark roots ending in platinum blonde, lashes, smokey eye, nudish lipgloss, get yo life t-shirt , jeggins, hot pink Uggs and I must complete the ratchery with some nails with all kinds of designs on each nail.

LOL
Hangs head in shame.

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by CreatingALegacy CreatingALegacy wrote:

I think it's just people take their installs too personally. Half of the time people want something and want to pay nearly nothing then do a self-install at home and walk out of the house looking like Beyonce. I live in Atlanta so everyone thinks their 32 inch install is flawless along with their dry ends, frizzy leave out, and their tracks playing peek-a-boo with every hair flip. 

I second this !! LOLLOL 

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 6:34pm
That damn "mermaid" hair is terrible. Blue/purple/green hair? For real? Where does one work where thats considered ok and professional?

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by PerfectBlending PerfectBlending wrote:

That damn "mermaid" hair is terrible. Blue/purple/green hair? For real? Where does one work where thats considered ok and professional?
In entertainment...or art industry.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 6:49pm

Plenty of places. They could also be students.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 7:20pm

The vast majority that follow those trends aren't working or thinking about working.

The government/our tax dollars support them, their offspring and the baby daddies they have laid up in their Section 8 housing.

A few of them are licensed stylists, MUA, bartenders, tattoo artists, or in a more laid back industry.

I can't understand the desire to look as unemployable as possible/ please send my pic to hotghettomess dot com, but I guess for some folks, that's what's popping in their social circle.

Some claim it's to be "different" or "unique", but it's no more unique or different than "less creative" styles/natural colors.

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 7:28pm

I'm a MUA. Where I work they embrace creativity and expression and actually hired me because of my individuality. My cheek piercings actually sealed the deal. I completely understand where you're coming from because outside of work people do wonder if I have a job. Most assume I dont. With that being said I do know my look is on the extreme side and I don't do my clients likewise unless they want it

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 8:32pm
LMAO...

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 9:02pm
No blue/purple hair in corporate america. I have yet to see a company hire or keep and employee with "wild hair"....

Yea I understand that some maybe young/students or freelance (MUA/Hair dresser/strip/etc...). 

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 9:38pm

I'm a MUA. Where I work they embrace creativity and expression and actually hired me because of my individuality. My cheek piercings actually sealed the deal. I completely understand where you're coming from because outside of work people do wonder if I have a job. Most assume I dont. With that being said I do know my look is on the extreme side and I don't do my clients likewise unless they want it

Venture down to TTT and check out the high end makeup thread.....we got questions!!

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 9:44pm
Yea, some females look dumb a$$ hell with 30in hair. I thought that long hair would look good on me because it looked good on someone else but not only is it a hassle to me, it just did not look right on my short behind. So I stick with 20in or less. And it is also about layering your hair to make it look more realistic, god I hate those one length beotchs. I can understand how AVs can be a safer choice however if you do things right with CVS, such as paypal, chatting, saving logs, etc. you should still be fine with getting a return and such, especially if you go out boohooing them and bad rating them. Hell, I would do all those precautionary measures with AVs too, you cant trust nobody these days. lol I dont have time to gamble with my money so I make sure I get the best bang for my buck with good enough quality.

Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 9:54pm

I enjoy seeing people bring out their personality through their looks and I will compliment any female who hair is red with nice layers, as long as that sh*t look good. I enjoy different colored hair, piercings, tattoos, etc. because of the art/ beauty of it while others do it to fit in or just because. Obviously there are more females walking around looking a mess with the colors and stuff not matching their skin tone or not fitting them right at all that makes the whole thing bad for the girls who can pull it off beautifully.I would be walking around with my red hair and tattoos too if I wasn't in the child care field and didnt live in a simple ass place. lmao But it does depend on what you do in your life, or plan to do.

Posted By: pRiNCesSChANeL
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 10:55pm
i.love.this.thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've been a lurker for the last few months b/c aint sh*t to seeeee up in here anymore!!!! this is the first thread i have legit read through in a whileeeee Clap

i agree 10000% with everything everybody has said. i still to this day dont see why people get mad/offended when you try to offer some constructive criticism.. sh*t bi**h im tryna make YOU look better... why you maaaad!!!

i have, on multiple occasions told someone (in real life IN THESE STREETSSSS)  *oh your track is showing* or something of that nature... but thats b/c i hate to see folks walking around looking crazyyyyy. like if someone were to see me in the street and i has tracks showing i would want them to tell me!!!! sheeesh!

btw... none of the defensive myhairlooksraggedy and yeamyweavecutebutmyrealhairdontblend sharks that are quick to jump down ya throat have made an appearance in this thread. hmmm LOL this is the bhm that i misssssss Cry

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 3:58am

I am sitting here laughing cause Grace is sitting here all kinds of wrong, picture this.. 20' wig dark roots ending in platinum blonde, lashes, smokey eye, nudish lipgloss, get yo life t-shirt , jeggins, hot pink Uggs and I must complete the ratchery with some nails with all kinds of designs on each nail.

LOL
Hangs head in shame.

That is "the look." And you must have either 2 struggle bundles installed complete with see through ends or 6 bundles and a closure. Don't forget the Kim K curls too. I swear its the bird uniform lol.

You can't help everyone and a lot of these people want to look like that. A lot of them are so concerned with appearing like they have the good stuff ( vs BSS)  while totally ignoring the details that make a good install. Just slapping in some hair or a raggedy u-part. Ugh.

And for the love of all things holy, please learn to trim those ends and get a decent cut. This still applies even with an install with graduated lengths. You still have to clean it up, especially around the face. 

Posted By: french_vanilla1
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:48pm
Man, where I'm at it's almost a mark of pride to have raggedy installs. Braids sagging down the neck, tracks staring you down from the hairline smh. And if you say something about it you get laughed off, like "oh honey, it's supposed to look like that I just got it done" Stern Smile At this point in time, unless it on my head then I just can't be bothered to care. Don't have the time for these circlejerk kudos sessions

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

In entertainment...or art industry.

So I am the only one who thought Scripping, various male suitors who pay for their "time", or working the system of section8, foodstamps, ssi, and a baby daddy or two. Confused

mmmm hmmm, with a lip smack.

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

LOL
Hangs head in shame.

That is "the look." And you must have either 2 struggle bundles installed complete with see through ends or 6 bundles and a closure. Don't forget the Kim K curls too. I swear its the bird uniform lol.

You can't help everyone and a lot of these people want to look like that. A lot of them are so concerned with appearing like they have the good stuff ( vs BSS)  while totally ignoring the details that make a good install. Just slapping in some hair or a raggedy u-part. Ugh.

And for the love of all things holy, please learn to trim those ends and get a decent cut. This still applies even with an install with graduated lengths. You still have to clean it up, especially around the face. 

LOL, see but I know I look some sort of crazy but I am not posting pics saying Hey look yall Im fly and I dare anyone to say anything. The wig was a late night impulse buy after watching a marathon of ratched tv foolery and I got some ideas. I would never wear it to work or anywhere for real. 

I have named her "House Hanna" cause she will be staying in the crib, I have a uppity image to uphold. CryCryCry

Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:21pm
I went to a strip club last night and I need to go back and handout BHM business cards, most needed some help......

It was 30" see through ends dyed various shades of red.Ouch
By the time one girls set finished her weave had turned on her like Judas, as she slid upside down the weave was having a internal battle with itself, tangled won.Cry
Two invisible parts that were 6" wide.
3 Nikki Minaj inspired bobs

So I am convinced all these "students" in here with 30" hair dyed like they tasting the rainbow are scripping.

Posted By: princessa
Date Posted: Oct 30 2014 at 11:16pm
Yay for this thread. I have been on the receiving end of constructive criticism and I appreciated on BHM, but nowadays, forget it. Everything is shade city since 2012.

Print Page | Close Window