Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367511
Printed Date: Dec 15 2018 at 3:08am

Topic: I permed my virgin Indian hair
Posted By: TokyoRose
Subject: I permed my virgin Indian hair
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:26pm
Here is some virgin Indian hair I curly permed last week.  I don't like the uniform curls that you get from Chinese vendors, as I feel it looks kind of unnatural.  I haven't decided if I am going to sell it or wear it.  I have a week to decide.

The lengths are 18, 22 and 26 inches

Replies:
Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:32pm
I will be checking downstairs Ms. Rose Wink

Posted By: hennared
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:35pm
Too cute! Smile  Great job.  Much more natural than 'deep curly'; LOL. 

Posted By: Chauncee
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:13pm
Very nice work!

I've been thinking about perming hair soley for texture and leaving it straight. Not sure whether it would work. Does your hair actually feel and look coarser in person?

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:21pm
Very nice...

Yes, it did.  I took it out of the bag and I am running my fingers through it, now.  It's not the kind of texture where you feel your fingers are going to get ripped apart running your hands through it.

Posted By: india100

Really nice . The first photo looks very close to my Bliss . What type or brand of perm ? TIA .

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:24pm
I used the Quantum perm firm, in the dark blue box.

When I rodded the sections, I made sure to use varying amounts of hair on each roller, for the most natural look. 

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:55pm
Very Nice TK!

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:58am
Thanks, ladies!

I am about 75% sure I am going to end up selling it.

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:38am
Cute!

Posted By: Island-Clo
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:32am
girl gone on and keep that hair and wear it, and see how your experiment came out and get a feel for it.

Posted By: BelleAmore
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 10:03am
yes lovely!

Posted By: ExotiqBeautii
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 10:48am
ooh, can we see it wet and denman brushed?Embarrassed

Posted By: veedubbz
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:17pm
That came out nice.ClapClap

Posted By: PeachyPlum
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 3:28pm
this is too awesome. Teach me please Clap, are there instructions on how to do this? i suppose youtube may have videos.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:51pm
Love it! I adore DIY!

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 9:24pm
It's easy to do, just very time consuming.

1. Saturate the hair in water, do not remove the ties from the weft, if you can help it.
2. Use the smaller perming rods.  For longer hair, you will want to use two rods per sectioned off strand.  Start the first rod at about half way down the strand and start the next rod at the end.
3. Use Quantum perm in the navy blue box.  First, put the perm on the hair directly and let it process as per the directions.  Next, fill a bucket half way with warm water and continue to process for about 1 hour. 
4. Shampoo out the perm and then fill the bucket again with a combination of conditioner (Silicon Mix is best) and warm water.  Leave the hair in the bucket for a minimum of 3 hours. 
5. Rinse out the conditioner well and let the hair air dry. 

Posted By: PeachyPlum
Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:48pm
Thank you ^^^, I'm going to try this, it looks so awesomely natural.

Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:52pm
can you still color the hair after it has been permed?
also does it feel dry?

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 3:37pm
Nice! I am going to perm my straight hair to get a kinky straight texture.  I'll do a test strip. Will this only work on virgin Indian hair? It seems like everyone is perming their VIH.

Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by BelleAmore BelleAmore wrote:

also does it feel dry?

Yes, you can still color it.  It doesn't feel dry at all, and I don't get that feeling of having my hands chopped up when I run my fingers through it. 

What I have found is that there is potential for breakage, simply because curly hair is slightly more delicate than straight hair.  If you have the time for it, I thoroughly suggest processing hair by yourself to get the texture you want because the salon and home perms tend to be much less damaging than the industrial strength stuff that is used by Chinese vendors.  I also recommend using Indian hair because it is much softer to the touch than Chinese hair.  I permed a batch before, years ago, and I was super happy with the results and then hair just seemed to last forever.

Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:51am
Thanks Tok!!! I'm going to try it this weekend with some old hair I have.

Posted By: Kaee0890
Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:56am
How much would you sell it for?

Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:58am
How much would you sell it for?

Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Nice! I am going to perm my straight hair to get a kinky straight texture.  I'll do a test strip. Will this only work on virgin Indian hair? It seems like everyone is perming their VIH.

Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:14pm
^^^^ She answered here
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

also does it feel dry?

Yes, you can still color it.  It doesn't feel dry at all, and I don't get that feeling of having my hands chopped up when I run my fingers through it. 

What I have found is that there is potential for breakage, simply because curly hair is slightly more delicate than straight hair.  If you have the time for it, I thoroughly suggest processing hair by yourself to get the texture you want because the salon and home perms tend to be much less damaging than the industrial strength stuff that is used by Chinese vendors.  I also recommend using Indian hair because it is much softer to the touch than Chinese hair.  I permed a batch before, years ago, and I was super happy with the results and then hair just seemed to last forever.

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 4:35am
Kaee,

I wasn't sure at first, but after taking into account that these are new, longer-length wefts that were virgin indian hair and the time it took for me to process them and produce this curl, I'd probably sell them for not much more than what I originally paid for them.  I *think* they were in the ballpark of $205-210 for all three, ideally, I'd like to sell for around $190 if I decide to do so.  Every time I look at that hair, I keep changing my mind.  I'm giving myself until my next hair appointment, which is another week, to really finalize my decision.

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:45am

^^^^ She answered here
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

also does it feel dry?

Thank you!

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:42am
Chinese hair can be permed but you'd have to use an extremely strong alkaline perm to get a decent wave and it will def fry the strands.....

Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 8:06pm
I've decided to sell it.  It's M 2 M below!

Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 8:49pm
How Much?

Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 10:25pm
Al the details are in the Member to Member Exchange below.

I don't want to put anything up here in this post because I don't want it to be moved or removed.

Posted By: GA_Diva
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:52pm
very pretty

Print Page | Close Window