Print Page | Close Window

Should you Snoop on Your Man?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367506
Printed Date: Dec 18 2017 at 7:47am

Topic: Should you Snoop on Your Man?
Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Subject: Should you Snoop on Your Man?
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 2:46pm
Surfing channels & stopped on this new show Blood, Sweat & Heels show & I guess they got into a tiff because one group said they check their guys cells/emails etc...and one woman said no if you feel like you need to check, you should leave.

What do you guys think...do you feel like checking your mans cell/email/fb etc...is normal or do you feel like if you have to check, you shouldn't be in the relationship?

Replies:
Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 2:49pm
You shouldn't snoop on your man but
If you think he is cheating and need proof find your proof and chuck that brotha the deuces 
I don't see the purpose of people snooping though if they just gone stay with the person
like if you know you gone stay with him, shut yo ass up 

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 2:51pm
If you feel the need to snoop, then do it. I dont believe in giving a man privacy. Not when your feelings are invested

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

What do you guys think...do you feel like checking your mans cell/email/fb etc...is normal or do you feel like if you have to check, you shouldn't be in the relationship?
If you can't let each other out without constant check ins, gotta share various social acct info and interrogating the other-- break up.

Your relationship lacks trust. Let the other's leash go and both of yas run free.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:32pm
If you feel like you need to snoop then somethin ain't right

Either you don't trust him or your gut is telling you something. Both of those are red flags

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:37pm
I agree.

I think you have to respect your man's privacy... and he should respect yours too. I once had a boyfriend that snooped in my computer at all my DELETED files and my Internet History.

At first I didn't know what to say .. I say was so shocked. All that stuff was old news long before I even met him but he took it upon himself to dig around and see what he could see. I also had a journal that I found he had read through. Private stuff.

That was the FIRST strike in the breakup though ... I should have known better than to let that slide. Next thing I knew he's paranoid that the handicapped neighbor was trying to hit. A man I just said Hi to because I felt sorry for him .. he lived alone and hardly anyone visited him. He was lonely for crying out loud.

Jealous! And the one thing I told him in the beginning is that I could not stand a jealous man@! Had to cut him loose.

So no, I would never snoop in my man's stuff because all this digging through his pockets and email etc behind his back means ... there is 'no relationship'.

If I think he is cheating I WILL ASK ... I can read a liar a mile away and if he is lying ... I will know my next course of action. Period.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:37pm
If I am in a relationship with you, I have every right to look.  What you do effects me emotionally, mentally, and physically, so if you are hiding something that may adversely affect me, then I will find it out for myself. 

This is exactly what I told my ex who tried to dismiss what I found because I was snooping when I found it.  Shut his dumb ass right up.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:38pm
dup

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

If I am in a relationship with you, I have every right to look.  What you do effects me emotionally, mentally, and physically, so if you are hiding something that may adversely affect me, then I will find it out for myself. 

This is exactly what I told my ex who tried to dismiss what I found because I was snooping when I found it.  Shut his dumb ass right up.

alladis

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:48pm
just as the others have stated. If you have to check, the relationship is not based on trust.

I do know my co-worker "B", who constantly checks on her boyfriend. Very shallow, into her "looks", and highly insecure.  She has caught him several times in the past either with another female, or he had taken pics of him and someone else and posted them on facebook.  For over 7 years, he's been unfaithful - with proof, emails, voicemails pics, etc., and she always takes him back.

They both have a long distance relationship. He can't be around her for more than 2 days and he goes back to his hometown in TX.

One strange situation occurred where he was having sex with someone else, and B's cell phone rang.  When B picked up,  she heard was him having "relations" with another lady.

when B confronted him?  He told her he was watching a p-o-r-n-o movie.

2 weeks ago? she caught him cheating AGAIN?  This week, they're engaged.

To be honest? i think many females who run around checking on their mate have an insecurity with themselves and others.  they don't trust men (or anyone, for that matter), yet they HAVE to have that man.. either for status, or for whatever reason - and they actually believe it's  "love".

If he's not worth trusting, he's not worth keeping, ladies.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:51pm
"""" To be honest? i think many females who run around checking on their mate have an insecurity with themselves and others. they don't trust men (or anyone, for that matter), yet they HAVE to have that man.. either for status, or for whatever reason - and they actually believe it's "love".""""

Correct. It's not love if you've gotta hold a vice around the guy's neck so he does not cheat.

Your friend .. is in for a miserable life with that guy

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:54pm
If he gives you reason after reason to snoop, you don't need him...

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:55pm
Don't need proof, if my intuition is telling me not to trust you that's all the proof I need.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:57pm
Trust, but verify.

I see no reason to snoop, I just ask. If you're telling the truth then the record will show that. If you're not telling the truth, either there will be no record, there will be excuses, or there will be deflection.

I'm certainly not going to snoop on a grown person who I can just talk to and get the answers I need.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:02pm
*plays let me smell yo dick*

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:04pm
I'm sort of torn. I can see why someone would want to "verify" if something doesn't feel right.  Like if you get a "feeling" I can't say, I'm not gonna check some sh!t out & then ask just to see if he would tell the truth.

But I also see that trusting the word of your partner is super important too. Have I snooped, yes, but more of an innocent type thing. Like the cell will ring, I'll pick it up and just so happen to look at the screen as I'm passing it to him...LOL...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:25pm
I'm snooping and looking  thru his pockets, underwear and car Stern SmileStern Smile

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:34pm
ive never been with anyone that made me feel like i had to snoop. and if i ever felt like that i would be out. sh*t takes too much energy and effort. it just drains you mentally and emotionally; i ain't with that.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

*plays let me smell yo dick*

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I'm snooping and looking  thru his pockets, underwear and car Stern SmileStern Smile

i didnt snoop on my last guy.. i didnt really have an opportunity though.. he rarely left his phone just sitting.. i peeked and saw his lock code but never got the chance to use it. 

but going through pockets/underwear/car might be useful... 

going through a guys wallet before is how i found out he had genital warts (not my recent guy) 

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:45pm
if i feel theres something going on, its time to end it. i dont need to snoop and all that. i cant be with someone if i feel the need to check all in his stuff. not to mention it'll always come to the light anyways.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:36pm
Man, usually I say no unless you have a legit reason to but maybe I might change my answer to yes because one of my damn married friends was hitting on me hardcore last night, smh.

Dude was drunk and trying to get all kinds of dirty on me, man. I had to stop him multiple times and it made me wonder how many other female friends he does this to and which ones does he get to go all the way with. And you know his wife hasn't a clue. I'm keeping my distance from him for awhile.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:48pm
don't make it a habit when it becomes a habit you should think about leaving. But sure why not..

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

If he gives you reason after reason to snoop, you don't need him...

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 6:25pm
My ex was a snooper. She put more effort into trying to catch me up in something than making the relationship work. Recipe for doom!

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

i didnt snoop on my last guy.. i didnt really have an opportunity though.. he rarely left his phone just sitting.. i peeked and saw his lock code but never got the chance to use it. 

but going through pockets/underwear/car might be useful... 

going through a guys wallet before is how i found out he had genital warts (not my recent guy) 

Not the underwear part, coco! I was joking about that LOL I don't want to know what's in there !!!

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

if i feel theres something going on, its time to end it. i dont need to snoop and all that. i cant be with someone if i feel the need to check all in his stuff. not to mention it'll always come to the light anyways.
As sensible as always.Big smile

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 7:35pm
nope..

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 7:59pm
As an old lady, I can look back on my life with clarity and say "when I snooped" the relationship was 75% of the time already "Doomed and in a negative place.  Snooping is an after affect.  Women and Men have to acknowledge to themselves (if no one else) that snooping occurs after an "incident" that created an atmosphere of non-trust.

But in 2014, the HIV risk is so much greater. I watched the following video today and it talks about why women should protect themselves and it discusses the various "Gay" apps.  Everybody on here might already know about these apps.... but I..... did not so this was educational for me. 

Snooping is not "good" but in 2014, snooping might save your life.  Watch this video, keep an open mind, and focus on the message not on your personal beliefs.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

As an old lady, I can look back on my life with clarity and say "when I snooped" the relationship was 75% of the time already "Doomed and in a negative place.  Snooping is an after affect.  Women and Men have to acknowledge to themselves (if no one else) that snooping occurs after an "incident" that created an atmosphere of non-trust.

But in 2014, the HIV risk is so much greater. I watched the following video today and it talks about why women should protect themselves and it discusses the various "Gay" apps.  Everybody on here might already know about these apps.... but I..... did not so this was educational for me. 

Snooping is not "good" but in 2014, snooping might save your life.  Watch this video, keep an open mind, and focus on the message not on your personal beliefs.

Hellurrrrrr!

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:30pm
There is a clear line between perpetual snooping and isolated snooping.  Obviously if snooping is a normal part of your relationship, that can't be good.  However, if you're with a guy, suspect something, look for it, confront him, and leave...well how can that possibly be a negative thing?

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:31pm
I totally condone snooping if you are married and intend to divorce or would need to prove anything to the police or in a court of law. Otherwise, I believe that women need to communicate our concerns as well as learn to trust our instincts and walk away.
The process of snooping can drive you crazy. If you find something and stay, then you're continuously restarting a cycle of distrust and dysfunction...two automatic adversaries of a healthy relationship. You will keep snooping and can never have any peace in your relationship. If you snoop and find nothing, but do not trust him, then you will keep snooping until you do.

Life and love don't have to be like this.

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:35pm
Nope. If you look for something you just might not like what you find.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Trust, but verify.

I see no reason to snoop, I just ask. If you're telling the truth then the record will show that. If you're not telling the truth, either there will be no record, there will be excuses, or there will be deflection.

I'm certainly not going to snoop on a grown person who I can just talk to and get the answers I need.

^^^^^^^^^

If I'm feeling insecure about the status of my relationship, running around tryna dig up some dirt is not going to make me feel better. I'm an adult, and if I cant have a conversation with another adult about concerns I'm having with the relationship we have together, fck snooping, it's time for me to bounce anyway. 

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Mz. Mocha Mz. Mocha wrote:

Nope. If you look for something you just might not like what you find.
so if u were in cocos shoes, u woulda caught the genital warts cuz u wouldn't like what u found

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:27pm

I snoop when i first start dating my hubby . We fell in love and married after only dating for a short time . I am talking months lol . 30 years later i know him like the back of my hand . I agree with Beatrice also .

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:30pm
Ms. india, whats that old school snooping like?
I imagine it was much more difficult then, yes?

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

lol . The cell phone was the size of a small flat screen . I use to wait until he fell out after partying with his best friends and check the big old thick black wallet for numbers . I found one which was his sister that i never met . LOL I will share more if we have a topic on the best way to snoop lol . My husband use to talk in his sleep . I found out he was in love with Chaka Khan . AngryLOLCry

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:48pm
LOL

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 10:57pm
Once you find someone that you trust and you know is your ride-a-die nig, you won't feel the need to check or snoop.

Once you get that feeling that you have to check his or her phone, the relationship is going down a steep hill.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:02pm
is snooping the same as looking -- telling him you looked or that you plan to? If so, I think that's fine. I don't like sneaking unless the person is gathering evidence.

I look, and he knows. he acts like he expects me to look  because he acts  like (lol) I'm responsible for keeping up with his life, schedule, calls , etc. We started out that way though; so if all of a sudden he was guarded w/ his google calendar (LOL), I guess that would be suspicious.

eta: oh I like that saying 'people who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.' 

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:05pm

LOL, I was thinking   it was probably easier then. All thi s technology makes it easier to hide things... or maybe it's made it easier to discover (if you know how)

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:16pm
im naturally nosey...ive snooped looking for stuff in past relationships and ive found what i was looking for coz i live and die by my instincts. ive yet to be wrong....its not a big deal, those who judge me are always the first to come ask me for 411 *kanye shrug*

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:21pm
is anyone bothered about being snooped(on)? I would HATE that.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:26pm
nope. have at it. i have nothing to hide. if im cheating on you, id want u to know about it

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

is anyone bothered about being snooped(on)? I would HATE that.

I would be. 

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:39pm
only if it's the

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:41pm
lol but no i dont think you should 
when you feel the need to, theres a problem 

everything you need to know you should already know. 
if you feel he's hiding something (gut feeling & all) then go for it

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:42pm
I don't care if you look thru my stuff..It's whatever..but I'm up to no good. My phone is LOCKED or dead LOL The dead phone trick works every time.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:44pm

nope. have at it. i have nothing to hide. if im cheating on you, id want u to know about it

snooping doesn't only reveal cheating though. Sometimes it reveals that your SO has purchased tickets from a woman to plan   a surprise date for you to the local comedy club LOL ... or something.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:46pm
The sad part, you'll ALWAYS find what you're looking for if you look hard enough because your mind will begin to play tricks on you!

I've never once looked through someones phone or personal belongings. I have Googled and  Lexis-Nexis'd folks before though.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:47pm
lol when i do secretive stuff i dont want anyone finding out about, i dont leave a "paper" (or digital for that matter) trail...third party contacts are used, code names, and in person conversations are had...

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:49pm
I don't but if I want to I can.....I control all of the accounts.....

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:50pm

lol when i do secretive stuff i dont want anyone finding out about, i dont leave a "paper" (or digital for that matter) trail...third party contacts are used, code names, and in person conversations are had...

smart. You're not like my buddy who is constantly getting caught w/ texts on her phone. She said recently "I'm not good enough at this cheating stuff." LOL

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:55pm
Ladies... have you ever found out that a man was snooping through your things?
if so... what happened 

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:23am
^^I'm guessing they dumped   him LOL.

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

The sad part, you'll ALWAYS find what you're looking for if you look hard enough because your mind will begin to play tricks on you!

I've never once looked through someones phone or personal belongings. I have Googled and  Lexis-Nexis'd folks before though.

this is extremely extremely true

especially if you don't find anything......get that side eye activated thinking "umm hmm...he must have deleted everything"

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:38am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

if so... what happened 

My neighbor's boyfriend  was looking for proof that she was cheating and he found a cabinet full of unlicensed guns...He had her arrested but I think they're still together.

My ex was looking through my phone and found some dick pics...I broke up with him before he broke up with me. 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:47am
Sometimes the discoveries are accidental

Lol

Think Dre and Richard Lawson .. In brown sugar

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Lol

Think Dre and Richard Lawson .. In brown sugar

summary?LOL

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:52am
^^just to see if I can relate. lol

I think that happened to me.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:02am
Lol.

Like getting a text while you're holding the phone

Etc etc

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:23am
oh those pop up texts? lol. I disabled that.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:26am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

is snooping the same as looking -- telling him you looked or that you plan to? If so, I think that's fine. I don't like sneaking unless the person is gathering evidence.

I look, and he knows. he acts like he expects me to look  because he acts  like (lol) I'm responsible for keeping up with his life, schedule, calls , etc. We started out that way though; so if all of a sudden he was guarded w/ his google calendar (LOL), I guess that would be suspicious.

eta: oh I like that saying 'people who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.' 

This must have come from the heavens...

Cry

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 6:35am
^^either that or Dr PHil LOL

(hi foxy)

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 9:09am

my ex had my phone in his pocket (i didnt have my purse on me) he went to the bathroom and snooped, he found some pics of my ex...he came back to the table and was snappy but i didnt think anything of it,  well we reach the car and he blew up talkin bout 'whos that black azz nucca in your phone blah blah blah' it was messy....oh did i mention it was his birthday LOL and to this day i still dont have a password on my phone...go on and check me boo Wink

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 9:12am
a guy checking my phone is kind of a turn off... 

idk that seems femaleish to me. 

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

if so... what happened 

Yeah, I had situations like this in 2 past relationships.  One had checked my phone and the other had broken into my emails.  I guess I had made them insecure.  I work very long hours and they thought I was sleeping with co-workers.   

Once I found out about their snooping, I lose interest quickly.  I don't like weak and insecure men.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:09pm
i ain't got time for that...

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:11pm

yeah.  things i have found out have mostly been accidental.  or purposeful by the hand of someone else.  but rarely if ever me...

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:16pm
I hardly check my own emails and messages & shyt....

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

I hardly check my own emails and messages & shyt....

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

Well, I have been saying this for YEARS. AA men CANNOT be gay in the AA community and also be accepted so they are forced to go underground with the Dowblown situation and whatnot .... so yes, they will come home to the gf/wife and give her AIDS.

Ever been to an AIDS/HIV clinic .. nothing but gay men (all colors) and AA women. Duh!

Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:48pm
i don't snoop...we have this thing called TRUST Embarrassed

i also believe in respecting ones privacy

BUT i do think there are 'signs' that something isn't right...and in that case, me personally, i would listen to my intuition and let it go versus playing Inch High Private Eye LOL

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i ain't got time for that...

gurl.. me either.

but I guess we could do like a friend and put an app on his phone that secretly sends copies of all texts to our phones too. that way we won't have to waste time going thru his phone.

..ain't got time for that either?
gurl... me either  LOL

(\a friend's husband did that to her)

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 3:07pm
Once a snoop always a snoop. Im a recovering snoopaholic. I use to snoop, hack, track, all of that. Once flew all the way to the south side of chicago from NC on a day trip just to catch a mutha fucca up- thanks to sprint family locator years ago! Im retired now. Meaning, I still possess the necessary skills, but I laid them to rest lol. I dont do it anymore, but Im not self righteous, I certainly use to.
For the first time ever, and IT IS STILL FRESH so the jury is still deliberating, Im involved with someone who truly doesnt give me a reason to snoop. WE ARE COMPLETELY transparent. It is still the very early dating phase, but Id like to subscribe to the idea of respecting one's privacy, certain signs, however, force you to sometimes do what you feel you need to do, so I understand.

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 4:57pm

Lol.

Like getting a text while you're holding the phone

Etc etc

Exactly what happened to me.  He GAVE me his phone.  He was in Canada temporarily and when I visited him, he gave me a pay-as-you-go phone because it was cheaper.  Well apparently this idiot used it to text one of his bitches while his phone was being prepared and I saw a text that was inappropriate.  I looked in his real phone and confronted him.  Someone was crying by the end of the night.  It was not me. Stern Smile

Print Page | Close Window