Print Page | Close Window

Referring to your fianceé

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367499
Printed Date: Nov 25 2017 at 5:31am

Topic: Referring to your fianceé
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Subject: Referring to your fianceé
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:22am
I do it all the time....not that deep.....its just a reflex.....

Replies:
Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:23am
as your girlfriend. Big deal or no? Disrespectful or no? Do you care either way?

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:27am
It doesn't matter to me. My bf proposed yesterday and it's gonna take me a while to get out of the habit of calling him my bf. If he accidentally called me his gf, I wouldn't sweat it.

As long as you're not calling me gf when we're married, I'm good.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

as your girlfriend. Big deal or no? Disrespectful or no? Do you care either way?
I did not care.  most of the time ppl say fiance & never get married.  so its all whatevs

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

It doesn't matter to me. My bf proposed yesterday and it's gonna take me a while to get out of the habit of calling him my bf. If he accidentally called me his gf, I wouldn't sweat it.

congrats

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:32am
so whats the backstory tropical punch? did someone flip out over being called the wrong title?

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:33am

It doesn't matter to me. My bf proposed yesterday and it's gonna take me a while to get ut of the habit of calling him my bf. If he accidentally called me his gf, I wouldn't sweat it.

ClapParty

Awww congratulations!

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:36am
I was talking about something similar the other night. If its new or new to that person... no problem. If I had at least a yr engagement and we're at the bachelorette party... problem

Congratulations, GGG

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:42am

Yay!!!!

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:42am

Contgrats

and

Fiancee's are still GF's.

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:43am

aww congrats

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:47am
I'm not big on titles. I prefer to be called by my name.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:47am
Thanks guys!

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:55am
congrats GGG! 

tell us the story.. 

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:25pm
Sorry coco, I was cooking.

Backstory: We met back in '09 at work. We never said a word to one another at work, just hello in passing. Fast forward 3 years, we get laid off and run into one another in the Target parking lot and spark up convo. A few months later, we unknowingly end up working for the same co again (hated the job, I quit after a few weeks), we exchanged numbers and the rest is history.

He also left the job shortly thereafter...the only good thing that came outta that job was our relationship.

It wasn't love at first sight obviously, but this is the first time I've felt like I wanted to spend the rest of my life with someone. Like, we are total opposites...I'm the mouth of relationship and he is so quiet, reserved, and laid-back...but we click.

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:29pm
wow... what odd coincidences.. sounds like fate.  

but i meant like the actual proposal story... 
did he do it in a restaurant or put it on a blimp in the air or do anything extra romantic/special? what did he say? 

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:33pm
It was supposed to be romantic, I kinda ruined that...lol

I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. I found the ring in his closet a few months back, and on NYE he asked if I wanted to go to the justice of the peace. I told him he was talking crazy and ignored it.

But he was acting weird these last few days. He woke up Friday morning asking what we were having for dinner. Mind you it was like 7am...I'm half sleep with slobber on my face. He suggested dinner at this restaurant downtown.

Friday night ended up being chaotic and I cancelled dinner plans.

So yesterday morning, he faked a tantrum. He was being really standoffish and acting like an a-hole.

I have an open-door policy. No closed doors unless you're showering or sh*tting. If you're in a room, the door stays open. We both respect this.

So we're in the bedroom watching tv, and he gets up and closes the bedroom door behind him. I wait like 5 mins., and get up to see what the heck is going on.

I open the bedroom door and there he is at the doorway on his knee with the ring.

He told me he wanted to do it at dinner the night before, and was going to reschedule but he couldn't wait anymore.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:36pm
awwwwww! Congrats GG! I'm sooo happy for you! Much happiness my love!

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:36pm

I have an open-door policy. No closed doors unless you're showering or sh*tting. If you're in a room, the door stays open. We both respect this.

Congrats and yay and all that!

What's the reason for this policy? I always wonder about the origin of people's quirks (probably because I have so many).

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

What's the reason for this policy? I always wonder about the origin of people's quirks (probably because I have so many).

I get it from my family. They consider it rude and uninviting. My grandma would take the door off of the hinges if you closed it...

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:38pm
awwww... 
he knew you'd open the door.. 

cute Clap

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:39pm
im curious about the open door policy too 

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

awwwwww! Congrats GG! I'm sooo happy for you! Much happiness my love!

Thank you!

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I get it from my family. They consider it rude and uninviting. My grandma would take the door off of the hinges if you closed it...

Oh I see.

It's weird to me because if I'm in a room with a door, that door needs to be closed (and locked if possible).

Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:45pm
im the same way maysay.. most of the time at least. 
my door is always closed

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:05pm
congrats ggg!

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:20pm

Backstory:
Congrats and much blessings/happiness goodgirl!!

SN: Open door policy is odd to me. *shrug* More power to y'all!!

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:28pm
Congrats ggg im happy for you

To answer the op: its not a big deal I think saying fiancee everytime is a mouthful no biggie

and 22 years later and my mom stillllll calls me my sisters name so people slip up

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:43pm
when i was engaged i always said bf. he said fiance.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:58pm

Party

ClapClapClapClapClapPartyThumbs Up

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:10pm
no biggie.
we do it sometimes and we've been married for years.
I do consider him my boyfriend and I like being his gf. I know I'm his wife; so being called his GF doesn't bother me.

eta: I refer to him as my guy  often; someone asked "I thought yall were married?'LOL

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 9:54am
Congrat GGG. wishing you all the best

Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 9:57am
Thanks everyone!

Print Page | Close Window