Print Page | Close Window

Cursing Toddler in protective custody .

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367420
Printed Date: Oct 20 2018 at 9:54am

Topic: Cursing Toddler in protective custody .
Posted By: india100
Subject: Cursing Toddler in protective custody .
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:38am

Swearing toddler in 'thug' video taken into protective custody

By Matt Smith and Steve Almasy, CNN
updated 8:05 AM EST, Thu January 9, 2014
Watch this video http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/#" rel="nofollow -

Cop union defends 'thug' toddler video

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Authorities say there was no crime committed, but safety concerns existed
  • Video shows toddler bombarded with obscenities, coached to respond in kind
  • Omaha police union says it illustrates "a cycle of violence and thuggery"
  • ACLU and African-American leaders blast the posting of the video
(CNN) -- A Nebraska toddler who repeated a slew of profanities in an online video has been taken into child protective custody, Omaha police said Wednesday.

While authorities found nothing criminal in the video, officials from the Omaha police's Child Victim Unit and the Nebraska Child Protective Services took the infant and three other children into custody on Wednesday, the police department said on its Facebook page.

The joint investigation found safety concerns, the statement said.

CNN learned of development through Twitter.

In the video, the diapered child is bombarded with obscenities and racial slurs by the adults around him.

The African-American toddler knocks down a chair and gives nearly as good as he gets, responding to some of the comments with an upraised middle finger and telling one of the adults at one point, "Shut up, bitch." The adults laugh and prompt him to repeat other crudities.

Just another day on the Internet -- until the police union in Omaha, Nebraska, posted the clip on its website to highlight what it called the "cycle of violence and thuggery" the community faces.

The Omaha Police Officers Association came under fire from the city's police chief, the ACLU and at least one community leader. They say the move needlessly antagonizes the city's minority communities, who make up about a quarter of Omaha's 409,000 residents.

Replies:
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:41am
Lord have mercy .Cry

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:46am
And y'all get mad when white folks adopt these kids...

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:49am
This is honestly the first time I've ever heard anything actually being done about this.

Usually these kind of videos (and there are MANY) are just gawked at then forgotten.

Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:53am
I Feel so bad for the baby . Why record something so wrong and loose your child ?

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:05am
See. . .

Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:07am
That poor child. I am disgusted with all adults involved from the ones cussing at the kid to the police who thought it appropriate to place on their website in order to show everyone how black people are heathens no doubt.

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:10am
I agree with the Omaha police.
But also, put services into place to help the parents, teaching them a new way, and placing the children back into the home(with constant observation by CPS).
Obviously, most behavior is learned...apples don't fall too far from the tree.

Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

That poor child. I am disgusted with all adults involved from the ones cussing at the kid to the police who thought it appropriate to place on their website in order to show everyone how black people are heathens no doubt.
I agree merin . I use live in Omaha . My great niece and nephew are pull over for no reason by the police .

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:28am
http://www.omahapoa.com/2014/01/03/heartbreaking-video-shows-the-thug-cycle-continuing-2/" rel="nofollow - http://www.omahapoa.com/2014/01/03/heartbreaking-video-shows-the-thug-cycle-continuing-2/

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:05am
Smh did the community guy really say the vid was taken out of context? Smh the caping had to stop

Yea there were a lit of racist undertones to their commentary but they weren't wrong... This child will probably continue the cycle, who are we kidding

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

But also, put services into place to help the parents, teaching them a new way, and placing the children back into the home(with constant observation by CPS).

i wouldn't want my tax dollars paying for that
should have thought about that before you laid on your back and before you came in that girl tbh

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

What are you insinuating?

Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:15pm
This is only the beginning. People need to think twice about what they do and put out there.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:29pm

Yeah, those parents definitely need guidance on how to raise a child. They need a good helicopter slap in the face first for their stupidity.

*Sits back and waits for coon comments about Black folk are animals, on foodstamps, name brand purses, welfare queens, prison etc*Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

http://www.omahapoa.com/2014/01/03/heartbreaking-video-shows-the-thug-cycle-continuing-2/" rel="nofollow - http://www.omahapoa.com/2014/01/03/heartbreaking-video-shows-the-thug-cycle-continuing-2/

Thank you .Hug

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i wouldn't want my tax dollars paying for that
should have thought about that before you laid on your back and before you came in that girl tbh

Maysay?????

LOL

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 4:16pm
Now that babies parents aint shyt but......how many kids weren't placed in custody that had complaints of physical and sexual abuse? This upsets me because yes cussing like a sailor while n a diaper is a mess......they fail kids in worse situations focusing on this because it was a viral video....

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:03pm
Good, hopefully this will teach parents not to use their kids for entertainment. They Basically exploited this child for laughs.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

What are you insinuating?

Black people have inept parenting skills and white people obv do a better job.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:39pm
...and of course Omaha police got an agenda.  apparently they're known for their racial profiling.  The vid is not of the kid even tho that's what's showing...it's actually TYT reporting on it.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 12:09am
The baby didn't even wanna say that stuff, they were that bored
What happened to turning on music and watching your uncoordinated child try to dance for laughs

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

The baby didn't even wanna say that stuff, they were that bored
What happened to turning on music and watching your uncoordinated child try to dance for laughs

or giving them a lemon wedge.*smh*

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 6:15pm
Heres the mother

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html?iref=allsearch" rel="nofollow - http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html?iref=allsearch

Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Heres the mother

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html?iref=allsearch" rel="nofollow - http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/index.html?iref=allsearch
Why is she lying ? You can hear her in the background . I had no idea the girl was only 16 years of age . I feel bad for the baby and the cops are just racist .
Stern Smile
He had a clean diaper, the house was clean and like they said, kids curse, every kid does it," the http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/new-details-surface-in-toddler-cursing-video/-/9674510/23853822/-/10t0lqhz/-/index.html" rel="nofollow - mother told CNN affiliate KETV in an exclusive interview. CNN does not identify juveniles in such stories. The mother is 16

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 7:53pm
No. Every toddler in diapers does not cuss. Kids at that age are parrots. They only repeat what they hear. If they don't hear it, they don't say it. Don't cuss around your babies. Don't have your baby around people who cuss.

Did they put the kid with a black foster family?

eta: Oh, the mother is 16. Welp. [Maysay] He was gonna end up in the system anyway.[/Maysay]

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 8:21pm
Cannot stand when ppl curse around kids.
Any cursing at all.
I hate it

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 8:41pm
Smdh

Posted By: JustMe90
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 10:01pm
thuggery

Posted By: JustMe90
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 10:06pm
This is what some Black people are teaching their kids...I see nothing wrong with them posting this, the only thing that's wrong about it, is that if it was a little Matthew or Tommy it wouldn't have been posted... but only a  Shaquile or Kalif and that is racist.

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 10:18pm
What a terrible environment. U for one is glad they are being investigated.

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 10:41pm
thuggery's a word? Confused

Print Page | Close Window