Print Page | Close Window

Twitter weirdness

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367395
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 11:51am

Topic: Twitter weirdness
Posted By: whitrhymes
Subject: Twitter weirdness
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:10am
So when Blue Ivy was born, I got into a twitter argument with a girl because she said something her being amongst the greats, as a cappricorn, listed a bunch of famous people who had actually contributed to society, and then saying "and now Blue Ivy."  I replied saying something like... "she hasn't done anything but be born, how can you include her among the greats?"  The lady got very pissy and called me a hater, said I was jealous that she wasn't the same sign as me. Confused  And I just let it go and unfollowed her because Blue Ivy is some stranger's infant what is there to be jealous of, and the woman is obviously an idiot.

So then yesterday, on twitter again, people were saying Happy Birthday to Blue Ivy... and I was just thinking, "Blue Ivy doesn't have a twitter, and even if she did, she wouldn't be able to read these tweets... Because SHE'S A BABY." 

And I feel the same way about people who say Happy Birthday/Happy Father's day to people who don't have the social media to see what they are writing about them. 
Ex: on Father's day, everyone was saying Happy Father's day to their fathers on social media. But if your dad isn't on that network... what is the point??  It's one thing to share how much you appreciate someone to your followers, but to literally just say Happy Father's day...

*mini rant* I just think it's weird.

Replies:
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:12am
Oh and then there's this... Who has the time???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2535524/Beyonce-shares-homemade-cards-fans-helps-Blue-Ivy-celebrate-turning-two.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2535524/Beyonce-shares-homemade-cards-fans-helps-Blue-Ivy-celebrate-turning-two.html

Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:12am
People are obsessed. Lots of mental illness out there.

ETA: I assume some people do it out of sincerity but often times it's just weirdness in my opinion.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:17am
The same people wishing Blue Ivy Happy birthday, knows what Suri wore last and can name Brangelinas kids all 200 of em but won't show up to their own kids parent teacher conference. Cry

People be crazy!

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:09am
There are a few of those on this board...it's more annoying than disturbing.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

true that, and Stans are the most irrational ppl to argue with next to extreme believers

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:23am
lmaoooo @ blue being amongst the greats...

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

true that, and Stans are the most irrational ppl to argue with next to extreme believers...and extreme unbelievers

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:27am
Icu

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

She was literally less than a day old at this point...

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

She was literally less than a day old at this point...

But she shares dna with the genius known as Beyonce so she can do no wrong. Cry. Einstein yeah, 
Beyaki wears bedazzled leotards  and sangs.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:45am
Lol.. (sort of off topic)I dislike when people "pray" on facebook..ex "Dear Lord, thank you for having me make it to Dallas safely" ..I mean I know God is on fb and all.. but idk, I feel like it's really just their way of saying "aye y'all, I'm in Dallas, so hit me up so we can turn the fck up, hoe"

It always seems sort of fake to me..but to each his own.

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:47am
If that's the case, what happened to all the other greats kids? Like Abe Lincoln jr,MLK jr, Malcolm x kids, etc. What are they contributing to society

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

"Dear Lord, thank you for having me make it to Dallas safely" ..I mean I know God is on fb and all.. but idk, I feel like it's really just their way of saying "aye y'all, I'm in Dallas, so hit me up so we can turn the fck up, hoe"

lmaoooo.  i'm so over the randomness/passive aggressiveness that is facebooks/the twitters.Dead

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Beyaki wears bedazzled leotards.

lmaoooooo @ bedazzled onsies...

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:51am
Over-think things much?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:02pm

Lol.. (sort of off topic)I dislike when people "pray" on facebook..ex "Dear Lord, thank you for having me make it to Dallas safely" ..I mean I know God is on fb and all.. but idk, I feel like it's really just their way of saying "aye y'all, I'm in Dallas, so hit me up so we can turn the fck up, hoe"

LOLLOL

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:08pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL 

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:15pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2535524/Beyonce-shares-homemade-cards-fans-helps-Blue-Ivy-celebrate-turning-two.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2535524/Beyonce-shares-homemade-cards-fans-helps-Blue-Ivy-celebrate-turning-two.html

Why look down on other people's entertainment?

Some people think being of forums is stupid, but it apparently is one way you spend your time.

Let people enjoy themselves...whether that's twitter stanning for a toddler or learning all the yonce choreography or cosplaying or whatever.

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Some people think being of forums is stupid, but it apparently is one way you spend your time.

Let people enjoy themselves...whether that's twitter stanning for a toddler or learning all the yonce choreography or cosplaying or whatever.

I wouldn't say I'm looking down on them. I mean it's not my business, if that's what they like to do. I just think it's weird.  I got over the whole celebrity obsession thing when I was a child.  I dont understand the preoccupation with strangers.  That's my opinion. By all means continue.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:38pm
Lets see how this vent is turned into something else

I see many things but I had a friend on FB that keeps reposting the same picture of herself over and over currently shes still posting her pic from Halloween the outfit was cute and all but that ship has sailed.

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

i agree with this.  my friends think i am a wierdo for being on here...lol

i don't care...because i be up on all the hot topics be it relevant and/or irrelevant news via bhm...LOL

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:58pm
Instagram is the WORST! the comments are filled with so much suck up comments. I should never have joined. 

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 1:07pm

CryCryCryCry

I like when they post Joel Olsteen Quotes day and night then a week later post selfies with shorts that split open the cooch, and speak of goose having em loose.Wink

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 2:25pm
Hold on, PG.. I feel like you're judging me! Was that wink towards me?? 

Cause I'm real good for retweeting Joel Osteen and 5 minutes later saying something completely inappropriate  LOL..no nasty pics though

Guilty conscience..cause I took that sh*t real personal Lmao..don't judge, y'all

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 2:52pm

Hold on, PG.. I feel like you're judging me! Was that wink towards me?? 

Cause I'm real good for retweeting Joel Osteen and 5 minutes later saying something completely inappropriate  LOL..no nasty pics though

Guilty conscience..cause I took that sh*t real personal Lmao..don't judge, y'all

I was bout to say Ion know yo govenment name CryCryCryCry

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 2:54pm

i aint even gonna lie, this is kind of weird to me. 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 4:01pm
I'm always weirded out by people who wish celebrities happy birthdays.

My former roommate's ex always has comments popping up in my newsfeed of him wishing Trina, LisaRaye, Serena Williams, etc Happy Birthdays. I wanna ask him so bad, "Do they care? Do they write you back? Do they ever wish you a happy birthday?"

I just chuckle and keep it moving.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

Lets see how this vent is turned into something else

I see many things but I had a friend on FB that keeps reposting the same picture of herself over and over currently shes still posting her pic from Halloween the outfit was cute and all but that ship has sailed.

That's what my sister does Dead I unfollowed her ass on instagram because of that

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

My former roommate's ex always has comments popping up in my newsfeed of him wishing Trina, LisaRaye, Serena Williams, etc Happy Birthdays. I wanna ask him so bad, "Do they care? Do they write you back? Do they ever wish you a happy birthday?"

Lol this reminds me of my friends mom.  I found her Twitter on accident and she's on there thinking that she has these friendships with benzino and khloe Kardashian.  Benzoyl could be ask what all the ladies are doing Friday night and she will respond with details then finish with, "what about you?"...tweets dating back months and he never responds to her.  Then with khloe she would offer motherly advice or compliment an outfit....the tone was so creepy bc she made it seem like she was text buddies with them by her wording.  She is totally normal acting in real life.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 8:57pm
LB a fool

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Lol this reminds me of my friends mom.  I found her Twitter on accident and she's on there thinking that she has these friendships with benzino and khloe Kardashian.  Benzoyl could be ask what all the ladies are doing Friday night and she will respond with details then finish with, "what about you?"...tweets dating back months and he never responds to her.  Then with khloe she would offer motherly advice or compliment an outfit....the tone was so creepy bc she made it seem like she was text buddies with them by her wording.  She is totally normal acting in real life.

i feel like that when on IG ppl see pics of a celebrity and they go "my cousin is so cute. my aunt this/etc." and im like Confused

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:38pm
The people who were posting happy birtday blue, were just trying to get Beyonce's attention.
I am sure some genuinely love the artist and therefore wish the best for her child too, but it is just silly.

About the people who wish happy father's/mother's day to their parents who are not on twitter/fb/instagram/whatever, they just want to show everyone what a loving doting child (and person) they are.

That reminds me of my bf's former sister-in-law. I saw a post of hers wishing her mother happy birthday, giving her all the compliments in the world, and a photo of the mother with hearts and stuff. Then my bf told me how once she snapped at her mother and kicked her out of her house, and her then husband told the mother to ignore her daughter and that she could stay in the house (and the daughter was pissed that he let her mom stay).

It is easy to fake happiness, kindness, respect and gratitude to anyone and anything on social media.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:43pm
I've tweeted a few celebrities (well pro- sports players) who tweeted me back and engaged in convo. Demarcus ware likes my youtube channelCool

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

The people who were posting happy birtday blue, were just trying to get Beyonce's attention.
I am sure some genuinely love the artist and therefore wish the best for her child too, but it is just silly.

About the people who wish happy father's/mother's day to their parents who are not on twitter/fb/instagram/whatever, they just want to show everyone what a loving doting child (and person) they are.

That reminds me of my bf's former sister-in-law. I saw a post of hers wishing her mother happy birthday, giving her all the compliments in the world, and a photo of the mother with hearts and stuff. Then my bf told me how once she snapped at her mother and kicked her out of her house, and her then husband told the mother to ignore her daughter and that she could stay in the house (and the daughter was pissed that he let her mom stay).

It is easy to fake happiness, kindness, respect and gratitude to anyone and anything on social media.

I don't think that particular example is necessarily fake.
They had a rough spot.
Doesn't mean she doesn't love her mother

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

LOL
And this is why our mother's need to stay off social media. I wont add mine. They say the most awkward stuff.  My sister will post something like "I'm gonna kill this dumb bitch who almost ran me off the f*ckin road" and my mother will comment  "Hey honey, I'm making chili for dinner. Love u"

Print Page | Close Window