Print Page | Close Window

Should Weight Be a Dealbreaker?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367332
Printed Date: Nov 18 2017 at 2:29pm

Topic: Should Weight Be a Dealbreaker?
Posted By: Princess Grace
Subject: Should Weight Be a Dealbreaker?
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:03pm
My girlfriends man left her, he basically said it was due to her size. We were discussing it over lunch today and they all gave me the side eye because of my stance on the topic. Most were like "If he really loved you he would have stayed" , I said well if he is not physically attracted to you how long were you guys supposed to stay in a sexless relationship? She had already discussed with me that it was NOTHING happening in their bedroom. 

Now I know others who were Team Eat Cupcakes (in her face anyway) have pulled shade about her weight but I just sat there like Are yall bishes fo real?ConfusedConfused . They left me to look like the devil when I know one of them hoez is taking ADHD pills to stay skinny.Confused

So should weight be a deal breaker or was he just shallow?

Replies:
Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:04pm
yes

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:05pm
It wasn't just 5lbs either, she went from maybe a 12 when they met to I am guessing at least a size 22.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
How much did she weigh when they got together?

Nevermind. LOL

From 12 to 22 is a big difference. 

Posted By: GG
Unless you both grew fat and comfortable together it's gonna be a problem.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Her man was fine!

Posted By: eanaj5

im hurrrr for this thread and the numbers its gonna dew

Posted By: BBpants

Waits.....

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Her man was fine!

So he's not fine anymore and she's gained weight?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:07pm
Some people just expect certain things no shade.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:08pm
if youre not happy dont stay

I am pissed at all them fake hoez who was sitting at that table.... Mind you no one eating that spinach and artichoke dip with all creamy cheese and tortilla chips while they was sitting there talking about Love yourself and and this bullshyt!

Posted By: ms_wonderland
is she trying to lose the weight?  how long did it take her to put it on?  if he loved her he would've tried to work through it with her, but if they were just in it for the puppy love and lust then it makes sense to leave.

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Waits.....

Stolen!!!!! That face CryCryCry

at least you kept it 100 OP

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Her man was fine!

naw he still fine and fit as a fiddle she the one over there alone looking like Rasputia!

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:10pm

So should weight be a deal breaker or was he just shallow?
without even reading: 

should be? no. people are more than their looks/weight. 

could be? yes. that's the prerogative of the person. i feel they should make that known up front to whom they date though. 

is he shallow? yes. however, that's his right to be. he should just be honest upfront about it though. 

Her man was fine!

naw he still fine and fit as a fiddle she the one over there alone looking like Rasputia!

Dead *Puts away cape.*

Posted By: Lady ICE
i dont know.. i like fat guys so its not an issue for me.. i honestly think its a silly reason to leave. like..if theres a problem in the relationship you work on it and fix it. why couldnt they work out together or something? you dont just walk away unless...they tried all that and it failed?

idk its silly to me.

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

is she trying to lose the weight?  how long did it take her to put it on?  if he loved her he would've tried to work through it with her, but if they were just in it for the puppy love and lust then it makes sense to leave.

It got to be uncomfortable, her man and my ex husband were best friends, he tried the nice way he tried the mean way. He bought a treadmill and offered coins for plastic surgery. I mean damn how many ways do your man have to tell you he aint for that Big Girl stuff?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:11pm
Too many options out here

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:12pm
jesus op ...why you talkin about your friend like that? You gonna try to snatch up her man now?

typooo

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Meh.....that's a big jump....sad part is she prolly accepted his flaws and he left her for hers....

It got to be uncomfortable, her man and my ex husband were best friends, he tried the nice way he tried the mean way. He bought a treadmill and offered coins for plastic surgery. I mean damn how many ways do your man have to tell you he aint for that Big Girl stuff?

Maybe this is the push she needs to get back in shape. 

Waits.....

Lmao, what you waiting on?Confused 

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Some men don't mind - but some me do. I don't think it is shallow though.

If she went from a 12 to a 22 .. umm that's a big jumb and if he tells her he is not turned on by her sexually .. well, that's the way he feels.

I think she should try to lose the weight if it's a problem for the relationship. Yes it would be hard but he can help her and make it fun if he really wants it to work out.

On the other hand ... I know women that have gotten that big ... but their man is still attracted to them and they still have good sex.

Just depends - but NETHER of them should be stuck in a sexless marriage. :(

how big we talkin? give us a before and after image, before her man and after her man

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:13pm
my friend gained a lot of weight, like 60 lbs.  she started noticing that he would invite her out with his friends less often...he was a "producer" d-boy so i guess his image was more important.  he paid for an expensive personal trainer and she lost it all(+ more) within 6 mths.  she stayed with him.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:14pm

jesus op ...why you talkin about your friend like that? You gonna try to catch up her man now?

I swear I would never, he is my sons Godfather been knowing him forever. I love my friend BUT I dont think being a real friend is lying to her. Dont do it for a man then , do it for yourself so you can get up the stairs without being out of breath.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:15pm
All a matter of what you're willing to accept...

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

how big we talkin? give us a before and after image, before her man and after her man

Okay Lets say Chrissy on Love and Hip Hop first Season to Monique pre gastric bypass.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:20pm
How is calling her rasputia helping though.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:22pm
i'm all about being honest during conversations like this so i don't fault you for that buttttttt it does kinda seem like you're gloating...as if maybe she was the hot one of the group before she gained all the weight.

to?
accurate or no?

Posted By: AshBash89
Absolutely. I cannot get with a jiggly stomach. However, I would try to encourage my so to lose weight and eat healthier. If he refused, then I would leave.0

Posted By: Lite Brite
Its sad, did he try to tell her multiple times it was time to hit the gym.. or was the lack of sex supposed to be the hint?

I would want someone who is at least trying to work on the things that take away from his attractiveness. It might be shallow, but ..

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Them bishes prolly wanted her man from jump.....

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:24pm

jesus op ...why you talkin about your friend like that? You gonna try to catch up her man now?

I swear I would never, he is my sons Godfather been knowing him forever. I love my friend BUT I dont think being a real friend is lying to her. Dont do it for a man then , do it for yourself so you can get up the stairs without being out of breath.

Nothing wrong with the truth but the negative way you talk about her makes me side eye you a little...

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:24pm
well tbh, she didnt get that way over night, he should have said something while it was creeping up on her. find out why she was eating extra

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:25pm
Waits for the stones to be thrown but here is my stance on it.....

I think if you let yourself go like that then you are not the same person he fell in love with. In her case she was almost twice the size of when they met. 

I know its supposed to be whats on the inside that counts and in a perfect world it would be BUT your man has to have some type of attraction to the physical you or it wont work.

Once your man starts making comments its a problem.

If all you get for your birthday is a treadmill he is trying to tell you something.

He would give her the side eye at restaurants.Cry

Every time I would bring up the gym she would say my man had me brainwashed, well brainwashed or whatever my man was still having sex with me.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc

jesus op ...why you talkin about your friend like that? You gonna try to snatch up her man now? too...

corrected...

Posted By: Lite Brite
I keep picturing OP looking like her avi during the conversation LOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:26pm

if youre not happy dont stay

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:26pm

I didnt call her Rasputia, her BF did that. I have offered to walk the track with her, gave her a gym pass, invited her over to do Tae Bo when she would mention that she wanted to lose weight. 

What more could I have done?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:28pm

Her man was fine!

But ok

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:28pm
I know Grace has her Jezebel antics but I do not want her ex man, he left.  Will I lie to her and say that he is 100% at blame , nope.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:31pm
Don't let them end up like Sheila and Mike from Why Did I Get Married? Suddenly he missed all her fluff when the next chick turned out to be sh*t.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:31pm
How many kids does she have

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:33pm
i still wanna know if she was the hot one before all this went down...she had to be somethin to pull this "shallow" man of hers.  

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:33pm

What irks me is she talks about losing the weight, she asks questions but when it comes time to do it she never does. Then if I keep asking her I feel like Im pressuring her so I quit bringing it up. Then she makes comments to me like I would not be getting up at 6am to go workout. 

She has tried some over the counter diet pills before thats all I know about.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:35pm

i still wanna know if she was the hot one before all this went down...she had to be somethin to pull this "shallow" man of hers.  

She is a attractive girl, she just gained weight. Their child is 13 so.......

I know Grace has her Jezebel antics but I do not want her ex man, he left.  Will I lie to her and say that he is 100% at blame , nope.
I think you're a fake friend. Even though you claim you're only doing this because your friend needs to hear the truth, you a little to happy too speak so negatively about your "friend"...if your friend was thin & has gained a tremendous amount of weight, most likely she's emotionally eating...being called Resupia by your man just might be the cause?...but you probably didn't think of that cause the mans so damn fine...

I think it's stupid to say she's not the person he fell in love with.....that shyt is shallow and stupid.....she is she's just fat now....y'all betta stop playing into that bullshyt......cause when a nicca leave you at your worst.....prolly bald from chemo....missing a breast.....hell it's plenty of shyt that alters physical appearances......hell what y'all gon do come old age? Better hope you're with a nicca that loves you for real past that pretty face and lil waist.....

dude.....he was never loving her....not her lost.....

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

How many kids does she have

1, and she is 13 yo.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:36pm
they have a child together...13 yrs old...13 plus years together?!

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:37pm
OP, does your friend steal?

Is she light or dark?

Is dude old?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

I think you're a fake friend. Even though you claim you're only doing this because your friend needs to hear the truth, you a little to happy too speak so negatively about your "friend"...if your friend was thin & has gained a tremendous amount of weight, most likely she's emotionally eating...being called Resupia by your man just might be the cause?...but you probably didn't think of that cause the mans so damn fine...

I didnt even bring up the man leaving, cause I know it hurts her. For the last time I aint checking for her damn man, someone asked was he fat too and what did he look like. He is attractive, do I want him Nope.

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:40pm
It don't seem like they were married....so ummm the for better or worse part doesn't apply.

He obviously wasn't attracted/in love with her anymore....nothing wrong with that.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Is she light or dark?

Is dude old?

dont even answer this, it's got nothing to do with sh*t

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:42pm
don't get mad cause someone saw through your fake ass friendship bullshyt...you admitted to and gloated about stealing men in the past...so don't act like that sh!t ain't in your damn character...you sitting there listening to that girl acting like you gaf...

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:42pm

Is she light or dark?

Is dude old?

lol i think she's implying that OP's friend is a poster here.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:43pm
In before the lock. 

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by LovesHim LovesHim wrote:

wait after 13 years... he left and pulled the you gained weight card????

its something else here 

Right.....her friends ain't shyt....and he's a straight bytch....

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:44pm

Yes, I am shallow and all of that. Next time I will say eat the cupcakes and porkrinds, you cant go up the stairs without getting out of breath but thats okay. 

matter in fact op, just abort thread.  I see the big girls in here already coming for ur neck.  When they unite like voltron, they leave a path of destruction,  nobody is safe

Not quite MsW, but you're getting better. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:45pm

don't get mad cause someone saw through your fake ass friendship bullshyt...you admitted to and gloated about stealing men in the past...so don't act like that sh!t ain't in your damn character...you sitting there listening to that girl acting like you gaf...

Aint nobody mad, you seem all up in your feelings. 

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:45pm
I know not everyone believes in marriage but they were together for 13 years and were still boyfriend and girlfriend? And it that it does seem like is gloating. They were probably frenemies.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:46pm

Is she light or dark?

Is dude old?

who? pritty hurr & blac1chyna aint overweight nor have kids

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:47pm

matter in fact op, just abort thread.  I see the big girls in here already coming for ur neck.  When they unite like voltron, they leave a path of destruction,  nobody is safe

I've only read the OP and whatever page I 1st posted on, and I'm not bout to read the rest now, so lemme PM cc#1 with her lowkey ass....

not up in my feelings at all but when I see a fake bitch I'll call it that...just like when you said you went & broke bread at a female house all the while you was clocking the females man & wind up fuuking this nicca....it isn't a stretch to see you got them dirty skank tendencies...

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:48pm

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:48pm

Ouch one day I will crack a case.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:49pm

LOLLOL

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:49pm

I think she was implying that she was talking about herself

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:50pm

I think she was implying that she was talking about herself

ah, i didn't know OP was part of the booster club.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:50pm

not up in my feelings at all but when I see a fake bitch I'll call it that...just like when you said you went & broke bread at a female house all the while you was clocking the females man & wind up fuuking this nicca....it isn't a stretch to see you got them dirty skank tendencies...

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:51pm
If I ever get fat I want my friends to give it to me straight. Don't sugar coat....I tell them that all the time.

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I know not everyone believes in marriage but they were together for 13 years and were still boyfriend and girlfriend? And it that it does seem like is gloating. They were probably frenemies.

They were high school sweethearts, I didnt know them back then, my ex husband did. The only reason I knew her weight was a real issue was because he would complain to my husband I dont think he always complained to her about it.

So the weight his words NOT mine was the reason he cheated which ultimately ended their relationship. She admitted that prior to the cheating that they had not had sex in about 5 months. Snowball effect....

Sorry I cant compare cancer to weight gain.

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Chile this is Grandmother Willow shade right here.......

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:52pm
Cancer and gaining weight are the same thing???? Really no seriously really. 

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by iSMILE13 iSMILE13 wrote:

If I ever get fat I want my friends to give it to me straight. Don't sugar coat....I tell them that all the time.

Wink #Iseewhatyoudidthere

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:53pm

So mugs clothes get tight and they don't notice?

*Regine Hunter* Awww sookie sookie now.....

They can Wondertwins activate all they want. 

So who is hittin the gym this yr?
not i. 

*strokes and dusts octorolls with baby powder*

#teamfattypants

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:54pm

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

They were high school sweethearts, I didnt know them back then, my ex husband did. The only reason I knew her weight was a real issue was because he would complain to my husband I dont think he always complained to her about it.

So the weight his words NOT mine was the reason he cheated which ultimately ended their relationship. She admitted that prior to the cheating that they had not had sex in about 5 months. Snowball effect....

Sorry I cant compare cancer to weight gain.

Yes IA, unless your friend has Hypothyroidism?

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I think it's stupid to say she's not the person he fell in love with.....that shyt is shallow and stupid.....she is she's just fat now....y'all betta stop playing into that bullshyt......cause when a nicca leave you at your worst.....prolly bald from chemo....missing a breast.....hell it's plenty of shyt that alters physical appearances......hell what y'all gon do come old age? Better hope you're with a nicca that loves you for real past that pretty face and lil waist.....

dude.....he was never loving her....not her lost.....

Cancer and gaining weight are the same in your mind???Confused

She didnt have chemo, she still have both tittays.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:55pm

Cancer and gaining weight are the same thing???? Really no seriously really. 

It was an example.....but hundreds of things can alter appearance......but we know you get the point......

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:56pm

Posted By: blaquefoxx
bait thread

it seems like some fat people don't realize how big they are....or maybe they be in denial. Sometimes you need a reality check

If you say so...

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:57pm

it seems like some fat people don't realize how big they are....or maybe they be in denial. Sometimes you need a reality check

She didnt have chemo, she still have both tittays.

lmao

f8!? how you been?! 

happy new year!! Hug

*Regine Hunter* Awww sookie sookie now.....

Lmao, you real mad. I have been called worse by much better Im sure. 

Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

not i. 

*strokes and dusts octorolls with baby powder*

#teamfattypants

I will try some squats and whatever booty-waist miracle work out. Ugh I wish I could just think it and the toned butt will appear, just thinking about exercising makes me tired.

Grace, do/did you have cancer? I missed that thread if so

Print Page | Close Window