Print Page | Close Window

So many people are now selling hair extensions

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367308
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 7:31am

Topic: So many people are now selling hair extensions
Posted By: hairqueen2013
Subject: So many people are now selling hair extensions
Date Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 8:28pm

Just about every social media site is full of new online hair extension business owners, every week ten more new hair extension businesses pop up, and you can definitely tell that they are new business just by looking at their followers and the activity on their social media pages. The hair extensions industry is now saturated it wasn’t this saturated in 2010. I’ve met 70-80 year old women selling hair extensions. I even met a 78-year-old man selling hair extensions from the trunk of his car. There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not flooded with offers on social media to purchase hair extensions. It’s quite obvious the hair extension industry is making a ton of money and there’s a lot more to be made especially with new hair extension trends, but it amazes me how some people can just wake up one day and say “hey I think I’m going to start selling hair extensions” I take my hat off to those people because unlike others they are making an effort to become an entrepreneur, but what I have a problem with is some of these people not doing their research on hair extensions or the industry, these people I’m referring to are in it just to make money. Not all hair extension sellers are like this but you all know the ones I’m talking about and they know who they are as well. These people selling hair extensions just to make money are the ones making it bad for others who are really into this business as a career.
When I see hair suppliers selling hair @ 2 bundles for $60.00 (and various other low prices) claiming that the hair is Remy Virgin hair, I have a problem with that because as most of you hair sellers know there is no way you can get Authentic Remy or Virgin hair at such a discounted price from the wholesaler that your able to sell it basically for $30.00 a bundle.
Here’s my thought and a suggestion, either you actually believe that your wholesaler is telling you the truth that they are selling you Remy or Virgin hair and you’re not knowledgeable about hair extensions or the industry and you believe whatever your wholesaler tells you about hair extensions, or you just don’t care and you’re in it to make money. My suggestion is, make yourself knowledgeable about the industry and if you do know your hair extensions brand is not Remy or Virgin then just say it to the people who are buying from you. Just because your hair extensions aren’t Remy or virgin doesn’t mean no one will buy from you. People use certain hair extensions for various reasons. Some people may only need hair extensions for a day or week or maybe they can’t afford the most expensive hair extensions but they still want to look good, you never know what someone’s reason for buying your hair extensions are unless you ask. Instead of lying to or deceiving your customers talk about the benefits of using your hair extensions. Like how long they will last (the truth) how they hold heat etc etc. People will respect you more by telling them the truth wouldn’t you rather have a customer coming back to you or referring you instead of not coming back and spreading the word about how bad your extensions are. You can keep selling the same hair extensions but you should invest in authentic hair extensions as well. People will buy both but at least they know they’re getting the truth from you about which brand is best for them to purchase.
If you’re going to be in the hair extensions industry, keep it real otherwise the industry will get a bad review. If you’re looking to get into the industry do your research first.

Website: http://www.howtosellhair.com/ - http://www.howtosellhair.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair - https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/howtosellhair - https://twitter.com/howtosellhair
Instagram:  http://instagram.com/howtosellhair - http://instagram.com/howtosellhair

Replies:
Posted By: starbrainz
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 1:21am
I agree that there are several people who get into the business for the purpose of making money. But I'm also a firm believer that that's what most people DO go into business for in the first place...to have freedom in terms of how they spend their day and of course, to make money.

Some people do charge ridiculously low prices, but you have to understand that MAYBE it's because of one of two things:

1. they're trying to get their feet wet and at least get some customers under their belt by offering the hair only a few bucks more than they paid for it OR

2. they know absolutely nothing about business in general and have no idea what to do with markups

The hair business is a multi million dollar one, so for me, it's no surprise that folks are diving in. It's all about choosing what works best for you and hoping that whoever you align yourself with for business knows their stuff.

Nice advertisement at the end of the post, by the way.

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:23am

I wasted my boyfriends first $300 on these fly-by-night pop ups..worse hair ever..

but this is true though..i was walking in the mall and saw a vendor selling "virgin" hair ..they had a lil stand set up and every thing..lol Stern Smile

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 6:21pm
I agree as well, some of my pet peeves are like the ones who sell hair on instagram.. I don't understand how you do not want to invest in your company and get a real website... that's why I am a firm believer in aliexpress.. I ordered from there a couple of times and got hair that lasts me 6months to over a year... and I was able to sleep at night.. I just cant see myself coming forth with 700 dollars for three bundles and it turns into a rats nest in less than a month.. but that's them fly by night companies.. Vanity is something that will never go out of style.. so ppl will continue to exploit extensions until we move out this "virgin" hair phase and all its made up origins

Posted By: jerjer29
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:31pm
When the market gets saturated that means that there's a lot of people about to stop making money. I think it's good in a sense because we'll be able to find the cheapest people with good quality, and it'll force people like Sassy Mitchell and Bella Dream Hair which we all know have crazy markups to lower their pricing

I'm gonna try Genesis Hair (i've heard bad things but a friend always ordered and never had a problem), or this new girl who is local. This new local girl tho, her site and media looks like sh*t. One of those geocity pages,, i swear is what it looks like. If i'm paying same or less than Beauty Store hair to try it out then i honestly don't mind

Posted By: Mally2687
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:55pm
hahah geocity? That some old ish!

Posted By: starbrainz
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by jerjer29 jerjer29 wrote:

When the market gets saturated that means that there's a lot of people about to stop making money. I think it's good in a sense because we'll be able to find the cheapest people with good quality, and it'll force people like Sassy Mitchell and Bella Dream Hair which we all know have crazy markups to lower their pricing

I'm gonna try Genesis Hair (i've heard bad things but a friend always ordered and never had a problem), or this new girl who is local. This new local girl tho, her site and media looks like sh*t. One of those geocity pages,, i swear is what it looks like. If i'm paying same or less than Beauty Store hair to try it out then i honestly don't mind

How would an over saturated market cause anyone to lower their prices? Just as the original poster said, the majority of these companies are fly by night. Larger companies aren't intimidated by that. Do you think that clothing retailers lower their prices to compete with cheap no name brands? The market is over saturated but I dislike the idea of telling folks how to run their business. With so many options out there, if one finds that a brand is too expensive or not worth the markup, they can choose another brand and move forward.

I know what my hair budget is. If someone has hair that I want but it's outside of that budget, I simply don't buy it...shop around, move on to the next. But I highly doubt that the cheaper companies (who usually offer substandard products or simply don't know the "worth" of what they have) will force the bigger companies who have been around for a while to chop prices.

Posted By: MoriahElle
Date Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:46pm
Recently ordered from a vendor i found on instagram, which i Never do. Im usually a belladream fan but ever since they sent me a "bad batch" & claimed that it was not that fault because they only send out fine quality hair i was Onto the next! Anyways I pre-ordered this hair . Got malaysian 14.16.18 the only con was that shipping took a little over a week and a half.
The hair didnt have a corn chip smell liked im used to , but i guess well see after my install.

Posted By: nygirl444
Date Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 9:29pm
LOLLOLWWW.A1HAIRSPOT.COM posted some mess on my yelp giving me two stars and put some info up about her sisters hair company.... you have never been to my salon and out of the 100 weaves i do per month not ONE person has ever brought your sisters hair in so your marketing is NOT WORKING!!! Her hair is clearly from ALIEXPRESS and its obvious that its not VIRGIN hair... Lesson hun... ppl on BHM know hair games when they see them. You should let your sisters product speak for itself if i is indeed that amazing. Word of mouth advertisement is better than these cheesy posts you are leaving all over the net.LOL

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:46pm
^^^ Aliexpress is iffy huh? Wink

Posted By: prim_lacy
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 7:44pm
What does everyone think about hair stylists selling hair? For example, I saw from IG that Ming sells her Snob Life hair and several other mostly Atl stylists sell hair as well. Is it possible that the hair could be a good quality if the stylist is willing to put their name and reputation on the line?

Posted By: dredre07
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by prim_lacy prim_lacy wrote:

What does everyone think about hair stylists selling hair? For example, I saw from IG that Ming sells her Snob Life hair and several other mostly Atl stylists sell hair as well. Is it possible that the hair could be a good quality if the stylist is willing to put their name and reputation on the line?

I think just because the stylist sells the hair doesn't necessarily mean the hair is good or even worth it. My cousin got her hair done in Alt and paid for the hair the stylist was selling on top of the installation that came to 580. She loved her hair she loved her install but after that week she was pissed. She states that the "prettyproperhair" the stylist was selling was horrbile. She said it shed so bad it was ridiculous. I think you should also be cautious on purchasing stylist hair to even when the claim THERE HAIR IS SO GOOD. There also in a business.

Posted By: HairCompany
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 3:26pm
It's been this way since mid 2012. New people who own "hair" companies purchase other companies hair to bash them in reviews, on fooltube. The industry is a mess! Everyone was sold the dream lol. Look at any trend, every AM follows the original idea, and ruins it for everyone.

Rant over!

Posted By: HairCompany
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 3:28pm
AA*

Posted By: jerjer29
Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by starbrainz starbrainz wrote:

Originally posted by jerjer29 jerjer29 wrote:

How would an over saturated market cause anyone to lower their prices? Just as the original poster said, the majority of these companies are fly by night. Larger companies aren't intimidated by that. Do you think that clothing retailers lower their prices to compete with cheap no name brands? The market is over saturated but I dislike the idea of telling folks how to run their business. With so many options out there, if one finds that a brand is too expensive or not worth the markup, they can choose another brand and move forward.

I know what my hair budget is. If someone has hair that I want but it's outside of that budget, I simply don't buy it...shop around, move on to the next. But I highly doubt that the cheaper companies (who usually offer substandard products or simply don't know the "worth" of what they have) will force the bigger companies who have been around for a while to chop prices.

It's basic supply and demand. If there are only 3 brands of cokes and you like coke, you pick from those 3 brands. One is the lexus of coke, the other is mercedes, and one is toyota. Some people are loyal to brands but many shop around. Those 3 brands are price setters. Now add 100 more vendors, business is taken away from them and they will have to adjust prices or quality to keep the same business. It's like when a wal mart sets up shop next to local businesses

Supply is up, demand the same, prices go down. Supply low, demand high, higher prices. Just google it.

Posted By: vano1990
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 10:37am
who has ever tried purchasing from vendors from vietnam/cambodia?

Posted By: SunSweetie
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 6:53pm
I have seen average women (also men) begin selling hair and make very attractive profits in a reasonably short period of time. I don't understand how they are ALL finding this hair if the reputable suppliers are so hard to find. Maybe those customers who are not well informed on hair and don't want to bother with research...may not care if the hair is actually virgin, remy or something in between as long as it looks good and lasts long enough. ???

Posted By: Misjaguar
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 7:25pm

A girl I associate with bought hair from Instagram and never received it. I am old school I go with direct VENDORS or the ones I know and have been here a while or I buy off M2M section.

Posted By: The InCrowd
Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:59am
For Mongolian, Peruvian, Brazilian Hair Extensions, I would try HER IMPORTS. They have free consultations and great reviews! U can call 404-590-7176 or visit Herimports.com

Date Posted: Mar 01 2015 at 9:43am
Originally posted by hairqueen2013 hairqueen2013 wrote:

Just about every social media site is full of new online hair extension business owners, every week ten more new hair extension businesses pop up, and you can definitely tell that they are new business just by looking at their followers and the activity on their social media pages. 

The hair extensions industry is now saturated it wasn’t as saturated in 2010. I’ve met 70-80 year old women selling hair extensions. I even met a 78-year-old man selling hair extensions from the trunk of his car. There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not flooded with offers on social media to purchase hair extensions. It’s quite obvious the hair extension industry is making a ton of money and there’s a lot more to be made especially with new hair extension trends, but it amazes me how some people can just wake up one day and say “hey I think I’m going to start selling hair extensions” I take my hat off to those people because unlike others they are making an effort to become an entrepreneur, but what I have a problem with is some of these people not doing their research on hair extensions or the industry, these people I’m referring to are in it just to make money. Not all hair extension sellers are like this but you all know the ones I’m talking about and they know who they are as well. These people selling hair extensions just to make money are the ones making it bad for others who are really into this business as a career.
When I see hair suppliers selling hair @ 2 bundles for $60.00 (and various other low prices) claiming that the hair is Remy Virgin hair, I have a problem with that because as most of you hair sellers know there is no way you can get Authentic Remy or Virgin hair at such a discounted price from the wholesaler that your able to sell it basically for $30.00 a bundle.
Here’s my thought and a suggestion, either you actually believe that your wholesaler is telling you the truth that they are selling you Remy or Virgin hair and you’re not knowledgeable about hair extensions or the industry and you believe whatever your wholesaler tells you about hair extensions, or you just don’t care and you’re in it to make money. My suggestion is, make yourself knowledgeable about the industry and if you do know your hair extensions brand is not Remy or Virgin then just say it to the people who are buying from you. Just because your hair extensions aren’t Remy or virgin doesn’t mean no one will buy from you. People use certain hair extensions for various reasons. Some people may only need hair extensions for a day or week or maybe they can’t afford the most expensive hair extensions but they still want to look good, you never know what someone’s reason for buying your hair extensions are unless you ask. Instead of lying to or deceiving your customers talk about the benefits of using your hair extensions. Like how long they will last (the truth) how they hold heat etc etc. People will respect you more by telling them the truth wouldn’t you rather have a customer coming back to you or referring you instead of not coming back and spreading the word about how bad your extensions are. You can keep selling the same hair extensions but you should invest in authentic hair extensions as well. People will buy both but at least they know they’re getting the truth from you about which brand is best for them to purchase.
If you’re going to be in the hair extensions industry, keep it real otherwise the industry will get a bad review. If you’re looking to get into the industry do your research first.

Website: http://www.learnhowtosellhairextensions.com - https://www.learnhowtosellhairextensions.com
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair - https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair 
Twitter:  http://%20twitter.com/howtosellhair - https://twitter.com/howtosellhair
Instagram:  http://instagram.com/howtosellhair - https://instagram.com/howtosellhair 

Posted By: AlwaysJ1
Date Posted: Sep 09 2015 at 10:11am
There are too many people on these social media websites who are selling Chinese hair and calling the hair virgin hair. They purchase the hair from Aliexpress and sell it to people for an arm and a leg. They don't want to spend time and money to invest in the real deal when it comes to hair. Most stylist are selling Processed hair and those who go into the hair salon with the real hair(raw unprocessed hair) they always try to find out where the customer purchased the hair but they are not willing to spend the appropriate price on the product.. Another thing is that all these companies are paying people to advertise their hair companies but the hair is straight garbage!! I've heard a couple people say that Ming lee hair has a corn chip smell, but because she's well known so they go out of their way to buy hair from her. When I purchase raw Indian hair I've NEVER had any smell to my hair. Raw Unprocessed hair will frizz due to the humidity that's why it's important to use heat protectant. I'm tired of people talking bout I'm looking for some virgin hair that won't frizz when it gets hot... Like are you serious. You are looking for some processed hair because you don't have a clue what is RAW Hair. To me it's so funny because the companies that do offer the real deal when it comes to hair, they have a lot of followers but not a lot of supporters. It's the ones who take short cuts in the hair game then sell the hair for $400 and up with the help of a YouTube guru or a well known person they are the ones who are messing up the hair game. All these different type of curl patterns: ocean wave,pineapple curl like are you serious.

Posted By: Mocha_Shay
Date Posted: Sep 09 2015 at 1:34pm
i know im so angry with myself that when i started wearing "virgin" hair, i didnt start selling it.. cause now that i want to actually sell hair , i feel like it would be so hard to set myself from the next person. .. the thing is so many women out here dont like to be told nothing .. and the min i tell somebody my honest opinion that their $60.00 24 inch is not real virgin hair they think im jealous.. when in actuality im just being real and you're asking for my opinion Unhappy.. ive spent thousands of dollars on hair and i know whats good hair and whats hair that will be good for this install and maybe some filler hair .. Im in it to make money but im also in it to be a reputable seller as well. Im tired of seeing people with 24 inch hair thats going one way and the chick is going the other way.... *sigh* and im tired of seeing people scam people.. but it also comes down to people understanding.. good hair is going to cost more money.. .. *sigh*.. i wont continue to rant.. but there's a lot of things that needs to chage ..

Posted By: Sweet Serenity
Date Posted: Sep 21 2015 at 7:34am
Many people, including my old stylists have asked me to sell.  I'm just not into dealing with people like that.  My SO said he'd do it for me.

Posted By: beautifuldream
Date Posted: Sep 24 2015 at 8:51pm
Actually I just started selling hair. I have an online store.

Posted By: IsItReal03
Date Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 6:38pm
Has anyone tried Apsara Cambodian hair? Since Josh (Angkor) is apparently 50/50 with his quality. IMO the price point is low enough to gamble. I've purchased hair from some vendors that ppl raved about such as Sassy Mitchel, Indique & Extension Plus and they were alright, not terrific. Sassy Mitchell NC was the worst. One bundle was good and the other was horrible, extremely dry. Others ppl said some vendors were horrible and I didn't have any issues, shrugs. I've never really worn beauty supply hair, when I was younger for those who live in Manhattan we used to get hair from Penny's by the ounces to braid our hair for the wet&wild look and they sprayed the hair with water so you could see the curl pattern and when I started weaving I use to get spanish wave from random places in Bklyn and Broadway, and never had shedding or tangling issues and never had to seal wefts. Now with all these vendors it's always 50/50. I'm not into lengths anymore and I was looking for quality hair at a low cost point because I've been on a Bob kick and nothing pisses me off more to spend over $300 on hair and have it cut and knowing you cannot reuse it. So my last install I said, let me try some pack hair, was told to try Bobbi Boss. My install lasted 2weeks I couldn't take the feel and tangling it was awful especially feeling the hair tangling on the side of my face. So I came to you ladies for vendor recommendations and it was good reading the rave reviews initially then all hell broke out. I did email Josh and told him about the hair quality issues being reported and his response was, he is aware of what's being said on BHM, he mentioned the website, not I. He's stated that the majority of his reviews are good with the exception of a staged RANT his quality had not changed. Obviously not everyone agrees with opinion.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Oct 24 2015 at 8:30pm
WOW.

Posted By: Busines woman
Date Posted: Oct 29 2015 at 7:23am
Anyone know where to find good wholesale closures

Posted By: D E L L A
Date Posted: Nov 22 2015 at 10:03am

I am a new member to BHM and a new hair extension retailer. I was wondering how I could go about getting authentic feedback from the participants on this forum about my website?

I want to provide the best customer experience for my clients and would appreciate any advice given.

My website is www.dellabeauty.com

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I didn't know any other way to ask the question.

Please help lol. Thanks advance for your time & consideration.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2015 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by hairqueen2013 hairqueen2013 wrote:

Just about every social media site is full of new online hair extension business owners, every week ten more new hair extension businesses pop up, and you can definitely tell that they are new business just by looking at their followers and the activity on their social media pages. The hair extensions industry is now saturated it wasn’t this saturated in 2010. I’ve met 70-80 year old women selling hair extensions. I even met a 78-year-old man selling hair extensions from the trunk of his car. There’s not a day that goes by that I’m not flooded with offers on social media to purchase hair extensions. It’s quite obvious the hair extension industry is making a ton of money and there’s a lot more to be made especially with new hair extension trends, but it amazes me how some people can just wake up one day and say “hey I think I’m going to start selling hair extensions” I take my hat off to those people because unlike others they are making an effort to become an entrepreneur, but what I have a problem with is some of these people not doing their research on hair extensions or the industry, these people I’m referring to are in it just to make money. Not all hair extension sellers are like this but you all know the ones I’m talking about and they know who they are as well. These people selling hair extensions just to make money are the ones making it bad for others who are really into this business as a career.

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Howtosellhair 
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/howtosellhair 
Instagram:  http://instagram.com/howtosellhair 

Posted By: kinsey2015
Date Posted: Dec 18 2015 at 8:32pm
Yeah, so many girls need hair extensions, that is why so many people are selling hair extensions.

http://www.charmh.com/products/

offer different grades and different types of hair extensions. If any one wants to do the hair extensions business, this will be a great vendor. Try to contact this website admin for more detail.

Especially, the warehouse is in Michigan, so if you do business, you do not need to spend a lot of money to have your stocks, and shipping will be faster. 

Posted By: raquel.lauren18
Date Posted: May 19 2016 at 2:20pm
Did you ever buy Apsara hair? If so how was the quality?

Posted By: IamAJ625
Date Posted: May 23 2016 at 10:30am
i just finished saying this to a few ppl. Know what you're selling and be honest about. You can't get bashed if you were honest from the beginning. Let your prospect customers make the choice to buy the hair or not.

Posted By: cheuktoliu
Date Posted: Aug 18 2016 at 12:52am
As I know, most of the hair weaves are sold to US market, are there any countries have more black women?

Posted By: Shanice123
Date Posted: Aug 20 2016 at 12:46pm
I just let my bush grow really long, then cut it and glue it to my skull....No one can tell the difference. 

Posted By: cheuktoliu
Date Posted: Aug 29 2016 at 12:50am
More and more people are selling human hair because the requirements of hair market is growing every year.

Posted By: ericashaircompany
Date Posted: Aug 30 2016 at 10:31pm
A lot of companies like the one I sell hair for offer a lot of perks for selling hair through them.

You can't pass it up because its free to sign up & you never pay a membership. Like some companies that I've seen they make you sell a certain amount or they will kick you from the program. Mayvenn hair doesn't do that.

You will get paid every Wednesday & we have so many chances to get store credit. When you refer people you will get $100 (sometimes $200) when they make their first sale. & they always have giveaways. A couple months ago 2 people won trips to Cancun... So Mayvenn is a pretty good business.

If you want to sign up just email me Your Name & Number & I will have my account manager get you set up. No credit card required PERIOD.

Thanks Ladies.

Print Page | Close Window