Print Page | Close Window

Black Hair Dressers Are Not Trained to do Natural

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367259
Printed Date: Jun 23 2018 at 2:22am

Topic: Black Hair Dressers Are Not Trained to do Natural
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Subject: Black Hair Dressers Are Not Trained to do Natural
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:31pm
Hair...

Repost?

This debate was interesting. Lmao at the sister in the white saying "the blood is on your hands"LOLDead

Replies:
Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:32pm
aint nobody watching 34 mins. give a summary or tell me where to FF to

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:33pm
stopped at "whether you have good hair, bad hair"

team diy

eta unless it's color. dont do that sh1t yourself

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:35pm
Media is so crafty...with the team natural sister looking "aggressive" while the team weave sister is rocking a blond helmet and acting all docile and clueless like a white woman

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:45pm
The girls with weaves sound so stupid. And these are the same women wondering why black men are running away? Why get with a black woman who has to copy a white woman to be beautiful when he can get a real one 0_0

The host was so obviously on Team Weave.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

The girls with weaves sound so stupid. And these are the same women wondering why black men are running away? Why get with a black woman who has to copy a white woman to be beautiful when he can get a real one 0_0

The host was so obviously on Team Weave.
The host is famous for having horrible weaves/wigs

Posted By: femmemichelle
Wow! Blondie looks so much better natural. Beautiful. Lol and I'm not just saying that. She looks amazing.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
She aint spend no $1000 on that remy velvet.....and that wig is a mess.....

That black mannequin is nothing close to real black hair.....and its impossible to style it....I hate that damn lizzie mannequin... Queenie full of shyt I hate that she is not keeping it real... the sister hair is busted tho....

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:54pm
Queenie, that stylist, was getting on my nerves.

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Media is so crafty...with the team natural sister looking "aggressive" while the team weave sister is rocking a blond helmet and acting all docile and clueless like a white woman

Interesting....

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:57pm
Lmao @ team natural faces when that cave woman got up and started talking @ 23:00

If this haole ain't rocking afro kinky extensions, her opinion and appearance is null and voidErmm

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:00pm
She's been protective styling for 8 years straight and that all she has up there.....and Trisha ass been a bleaching too....

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:03pm
Wow that white lady's extensions are horrible.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:04pm
Dead @ the crickets and tumbleweed when the brotha said "you look beautiful now like an African queen".

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:08pm
ohh Arcadia looks good with natural hair. I hope she continues to wear it out.

She reminds me of Kim Coles

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:14pm
Summary: Natural "nazis" vs "clueless" weave wearers, lone black man who's opinion doesn't matter, token white woman thrown in to ease the tension of matters that have nothing to do with her, a handsome lukewarm simp voices his opinion for applause and the white knight in shining armor who supported his black woman to go natural.

I swear, tv ain't sh!t these daysDead

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:15pm
Trisha is a coon tho....its expected that she would do this in such a typical way....

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

She's been protective styling for 8 years straight and that all she has up there.....and Trisha ass been a bleaching too....

I was wondering the same thing.  All them wigs, and she barely has enough hair up there to snatch.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  All them wigs, and she barely has enough hair up there to snatch.

EDIT: mistaken , thought u were talking about trish

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:46pm
I'll watch later

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:51pm
I don't trust any hair dressers with my hair. Period.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:54pm
I actually watched the entire thing. Most of it was the same old arguments, but some key points:

1. I found it interesting that the lady with the TWA was described as being extreme.

2. The guy with the YT channel was awkward

3. I also found it interesting that most of the black men interviewed at the barber shop said they dislike weave

4. The hair dresser was annoying.

5. The host ended the show with the whole "I am not my hair" statement, but that's the problem isn't it? Some women are defined by their lack of acceptance of their own hair.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

She had cancer...not sure how her hair is now though....

Are you talking about Trish or the woman who just had the natural makeover?  I was referring to the woman who had the makeover.  After all those wigs, all she has is a tuft of hair to show for it.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

She had cancer...not sure how her hair is now though....

Are you talking about Trish or the woman who just had the natural makeover?  I was referring to the woman who had the makeover.  After all those wigs, all she has is a tuft of hair to show for it.

Yeah i thought u were referring to Trish, mistaken.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:08am
The guest Arcadia has been wearing wigs/weaves for 8 years and it's that short? That is odd.

So she is not using the weaves etc as a protective style. Clearly she's just been slapping on the hair and pinning it to her natural hair with no regard for the health of her natural hair ... that's why it's so short.

Posted By: ivy07
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:05am
^^^yes, I was wondering why the guests who wear weaves and wigs still have their natural hair so short???????Confused

they're wearing hairpieces for fun?Confused

when I was introduced to weaves and wigs,I wore them to grow my hair out long ,while taking care of my hair underneath.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 4:15am
Wigs and weaves for protective styling is a hair board myth...

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:27am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Wigs and weaves for protective styling is a hair board myth...

I dont even try that story with myself, it is what it is. If you like weaves fine just make sure they are not filled with ratchedness same with natural hair. Everythang aint fo errebody, do you!

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Summary: Natural "nazis" vs "clueless" weave wearers, lone black man who's opinion doesn't matter, token white woman thrown in to ease the tension of matters that have nothing to do with her, a handsome lukewarm simp voices his opinion for applause and the white knight in shining armor who supported his black woman to go natural.

I swear, tv ain't sh!t these daysDead

lmao.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:32am
Also.. Aside from the "blood on your hands" comment....I didn't think the natural hair girl was extreme at all. 

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:42am
Wigs for protective styling is not a myth in my book.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:15am
im saying that ps styling is a niche thingmostly contained to hairboard folk.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:15am
Why was that one natural chick dissing other natural haired women too with that "I been natural for over 10 years, not like these new naturals! For me this is my life not just a trend" Girl boom why are you here then arguing for women to be natural if youre so damn high and mighty

i get the debate but im tired of it. black women need to focus more on our health and stop putting chemicals inside our bodies too. now thats some sh*t i hope none of us would argue

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:19am

im saying that ps styling is a niche thingmostly contained to hairboard folk.

You don't protective style?

Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:25am
yes i ps with yarn braids and havana twists.
thats not what im,saying but im on my phone and dont feel like explaknjng

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:31am

yes i ps with yarn braids and havana twists.
thats not what im,saying but im on my phone and dont feel like explaknjng

i think i get what youre saying.  i dont think the average women is worrying about hair journeys and ps when they put on wigs/weaves.
talking about hair irl is like taking time machine back in time.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:46am
They could have found some better naturals for that.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

i get the debate but im tired of it. black women need to focus more on our health and stop putting chemicals inside our bodies too. now thats some sh*t i hope none of us would argue

Girl folks would argue over that too. 

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:53am
She is saying that mostly 'we' (on hair boards) PS with weaves and wigs for the purpose of growing and taking good care of our own hair underneath.

Others wear them for fun (and to run from dealing with their hair 'problems'...aka their 'bad' hair..that's my opinion only though, Jones ain't said all that lol)

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:23am
that hair stylist was just nasty @9:58.  people go to hair school and come out acting like theyre scientists and sh*t.  you cant tell them nothing.  you got scalp burns all up and down peoples heads but you know every damn thing.  clients hair hasnt shown length in 5 years but you got this.  my stylist told me to stop co-washing because she'd been doing hair for 20 years and never heard of it...Ermm really, so youre not going to even try to learn nothing new.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

that hair stylist was just nasty @9:58.  people go to hair school and come out acting like theyre scientists and sh*t.  you cant tell them nothing.  you got scalp burns all up and down peoples heads but you know every damn thing.  clients hair hasnt shown length in 5 years but you got this.  my stylist told me to stop co-washing because she'd been doing hair for 20 years and never heard of it...Ermm really, so youre not going to even try to learn nothing new.
gurrrrrllll

And why did your comment make me think about that length check fail videoLOLDead

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 11:47am

Finally watching the video. The natural ladies don't come off angry at all.

Arcadia's daughters hair is fleeting. By the time she meets middle school she will be balding.

Relaxing at 3 years old is just too young and I hate seeing little kids with fake ponytails & tight synthetic braids.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

They could have found some better naturals for that.

girl shid.  They coulda found a better everybody for that.  How come they never show the naturals with down to the ass hair if they tryna say that natural is better and your hair will grow etc.  How come they never have the weave wearing females that wear kinky straight and 4b wigs/weaves/extensions.  

they just want to continue with the subliminals and proproganda that black women who wear wigs/weaves/extensions ain't got no hair and the ones who go natural may be natural but they belligerent and ain't got no hair.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:03pm
Yep....like I said Trisha is a big ass coon.

Print Page | Close Window