Print Page | Close Window

Has anyone ever sent their laptop for repair?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367235
Printed Date: Dec 14 2018 at 4:56am

Topic: Has anyone ever sent their laptop for repair?
Posted By: missunfoolish
Subject: Has anyone ever sent their laptop for repair?
Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:00pm
i would like to know your experience, also your turn around time and how to deal with this poor customer service from ASUS Cry

i was told it would take 5-7 business days to have it repaired and shipped, so i made an RMA and they sent me an email with the address of the service center to ship it to (it was in my state)

they received it on the 19th. so ok im thinking they got it, they should start repairs soon.
few days pass and i check online and it says they are still waiting for it... Confused

i used their live support chat and was told it was shipped there and all but not checked into the system yet. AND that someone made a mistake & given me the wrong shipping address. MY LUCK. so now they need to notify it needs to be rerouted to another service center. they said i should receive an update in a few days. days passed and nothing, so i called

i was told the same thing, and wait for an email & call the next day. NOTHING. everytime i called for an  update as to why it still hasn't been checked in the service center, they couldnt help me but say they escalated the case and i should receive an email in 24-48 hrs.

its been 9 "business" days since it was delivered there and no sign of it being checked in.
WHAT THE F*CK?

im going to call again tomorrow cause i still havent received an update and i probably wont.
im just going to keep calling because i feel if i dont, they'll forget about it.

idk am i overreacting? is it the holidays? i cant even say its the holidays fault for not even being checked into their repair system...
i cant find a number for the center, and im receiving no real help.

i need my laptop back for school. i have no idea to think they'd actually have it back in 5-7 fkn days. AngryAngry

Replies:
Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 11:58pm
my dad sent in his laptop to be repaired and they "lost" the unit...how tf that happens idk...

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 11:58pm
he got his hard drive mailed to him though

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:07am
mines had to be repaired.. 
they basically had to replace everything.. some potsticker sauce got allll in it. 
it took a while and it was expensive 

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:31am
OMG! girl YASSS! Asus is on some bullsh*t. I have a brand new asus laptop that i bought on 11/30/13. it a vivobook with a touchscreen. first of all, that damn asus website is a flaming hot mess! That ish wont load on my asus laptop. I tried to register my product but the site was acting ratchet. I tried for days. I finally tried it on my ipod touch and did it in about 5 minutes. so then last week suddenly my laptop screen was glitching like crazy. It would go black and not come back on, and get grey spots on the touchscreen like i touched it but i didnt. So i went to that janky azz website for the live chat. It literally took 10 minutes every time the person would respond to me. Thats too damn long. It was over 50 minutes and i only got like 4 responses in. i just logged out because i had places to go. then friday it was still acting up so i was like alright I'll call the 24/7 phone number. Blah blah blah, lady gives me a rma number and tells me to ship it in. First i was annoyed that i would even have to pay the shipping and i knew this process was going to take over 2 weeks. also i was reading their warrant policy and it said something about even a pen mark on the laptop is considered physical damage and would void the warranty. So since i have a laptop skin on, i would have to remove it, take alcohol to remove the glue reside that would most likely screw up the back anyways and void the warranty.And I didnt want to not have my laptop for when school starts next week. But lo and behold from the from the very moment i call the phone number my laptop screen has yet to glitch. I mean it was glitching daily at random times. But that was on friday, it's now thursday a whole week later and this laptop has not glitched not even once.

fishy azz company if you ask me. Either that or they are super disorganized. and they need to fix that website asap, it worthless. Almost as useless as the Acer website.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 2:07am
I've sent mine in twice to Geek Squad.
Took like 10 days.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 2:41am
Didn't you get the thing in October? 

Posted By: BaileyAlexandria
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:00am
I have a Mac so I don't not neva need repairs

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:00am
Originally posted by BaileyAlexandria BaileyAlexandria wrote:

Wurd.LOL

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:04am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Didn't you get the thing in October? 

yes. how do you know? lol

but yeah i have a year warranty
and there was a screen problem.

you think if i asked them to send it back, would they do something to it?
i really need it back asap & clearly this will take forever. maybe i can send it back to repair in may
or.. fix it somewhere else.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Took like 10 days.

how was the service? was the problem fixed?
and will warranty cover a repair from them or nah

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:06am

suck it

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:34am
I believe the guy I use works from his home. He charges 75 and only takes like 3 to 4 days

That's for viruses though. Iono about mechanical repairs..

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:10am
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

Took like 10 days.

how was the service? was the problem fixed?
and will warranty cover a repair from them or nah

You have to buy the warranty from best buy.
I had to have my key board replaced and my screen replaced.
They checked everything when I sent it in and fixed physical things I didn't even ask them to fix.
The service was great. Big smile

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:12am

Wurd.LOL

Lmao.
Yall delusional as hell.

And speaking of mac....I'm pissed the ram on the retina display macbooks is soldered to the logic board.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:26am
I used geek squad, it didn't take them very long, I think I came back either the next day or 2 days later for it.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:29am
i have a mac as well.. 
but the repairs i needed were my fault 

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:44am
I dropped my mac off at the store, ended up going to hospital, had surgery and it was there when I was discharged. lol the only other place id leave a computer would be best buy

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:22am
You had a thread asking which brand you should buy and for some reason no one said Asus yet you got one.....shoulda got a Dell if the Mac was too expensive.....they fix shyt over the phone...

Delusional? Girl what delusional about a fact? 

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:28am
+ 1 = "I don't not neva need repairs"...
Thanks to my hubby... he does all repairs or my FIL...

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:30am

Wurd.LOL

Lmao.
Yall delusional as hell.

And speaking of mac....I'm pissed the ram on the retina display macbooks is soldered to the logic board.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:32am
dp

Posted By: Maple Syrup
My first laptop was a dell and I had to send it out to repair twice. The first time was a minor repair (I broke the hinge), They picked up my laptop from my house and 2 days later it was delivered back to me.

The second repair- the laptop was out of warranty so I took it to the Asian dude down the street, he fixed it in 7 days and it only took that long cause he had to order a part.

Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

+ 1 = "I don't not neva need repairs"...
Thanks to my hubby... he does all repairs or my FIL...

Same here....Mr00 actually repairs computers on the side....

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:37am
Yes I have and it was a positive experience.  I think it was with either HP or Toshiba.  Nowadays I don't bother sending it in for repairs since you can do a search and do most repairs yourself. 

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

I believe the guy I use works from his home. He charges 75 and only takes like 3 to 4 days

That's for viruses though. Iono about mechanical repairs..

75 bucks?  Damn I ain't mad at his hustle but you could have done the antivirus removal yourself. 

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:44am
Excuse me please.....Whats an asus. Is that the brand sold at Walmart? I can mess with those type of brands. Just dell. My chrome laptop/notebook is a piece of shyyt. I can only use it for the innanet. You can't add memory or install anything on it. They should just brand it for kids.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:51am
I was looking at that Samsung mini....with the Google OS.....for $280 its not bad.....

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:55am
Op, i hope you get it back soon.

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Excuse me please.....Whats an asus. Is that the brand sold at Walmart? I can mess with those type of brands. Just dell. My chrome laptop/notebook is a piece of shyyt. I can only use it for the innanet. You can't add memory or install anything on it. They should just brand it for kids.

It is a Chinese-based company that actually makes decent gaming computers.  Their tablets gets good reviews, depending on the model.  They sell it at TigerDirect, Best Buy, Newegg, etc. 

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:56am
Thanks Nars cos I ain't never heard of it.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:57am
Yes, I went without a laptop for 2 weeks while in school. It sucked.

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:57am
I saw ASUS and kind of stopped reading.. Get another laptop is the first suggestion..

I have a warranty with Best Buy, so Geek Squad fixes most of my laptops in a decent amount of time.. If it is minor stuff (like replacing the screen, etc..) I do it myself (if my warranty has expired).

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:03pm
i cant get another laptop, what am i.. made of money?
but seriously, should i ask them to send my laptop back?
i dont want to seem rude & them breakin my sh*t tho

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:12pm
asus is a good brand, i dont know about they customer service though

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:33pm
I never picked mine up. 3 or 4 years ago. It was some random Indian little shop that was always closed when I went a few times to enquire about it. The time I did manage to get in, they hadn't fixed it.
I wonder if I could just go there now and get it

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:49pm
Asus =/= Acer
Asus is good.

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 11:51am
Last year the screen on my laptop somehow cracked internally. Unfortunately my warranty company was in Houston Texas, so I had to mail my laptop to Texas for them to fix it. It took them 2 months to fix a simple cracked screen! I'd call and they kept giving me the run around. When they finally sent it back to me it wasn't the same ..I think they used refurbished parts. To this day my laptop still won't play Youtube videos etc without shutting off etc. I'm going to get another one next month when I get my tax return

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 10:13am
Both times I did it, my computer was never the same, or they quoted one price then told me I needed more memory or some other BS so I say just get another computer. When HP wanted me to send me their computer after I only had it for less than 3 months I went and got a Sony ,  no issues since. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:22pm
update?

Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:32pm
i was getting no help and was reading around forums and found some asus support emails
emailed like 5-6 people and 2 got back to me

and one actually got something done, turns out i complained to a head manager and he fixed things immediately. found out who gave me the wrong address in the first place, told me my notebook was in the warehouse that was waiting to be shipped out. he said not sure when it was supposed to leave, but got someone down there and do it right away. (im guessing making up for his employees f*ck ups) 

this was in the middle of the week and he got my notebook to be shipped to the correct place
(just got delivered today) 

and now it says its in the process of repairing
he told me to tell him when it got there so he can expedite my notebook for repairing and shipping

basically
asus customer service sucks.

and people telling me to get a new laptop, nobody got that kind of money
anywho, i hope i dont ever have to go through this again.
annnnd hopefully they just fix my simple screen problem and itll be fine, like i thought asus was a good brand. maybe they are but just HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Print Page | Close Window