Print Page | Close Window

2014 Goals and Ambitions

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367223
Printed Date: Nov 20 2018 at 3:42pm

Topic: 2014 Goals and Ambitions
Posted By: darkbarbie
Subject: 2014 Goals and Ambitions
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:04pm
What are your goals, ambitions, and dreams when it comes to your hair for 2014?

Replies:
Posted By: Chula007
Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 11:05am
Hey Darkbarbie, great thread!

My goals this year are to have overall healthy hair.  I had some breakage over the summer from not caring for my hair while in weave.  I had it cut into a hawk in the fall & now I'm keeping it braided to grow out the style. I don't really have a length goal yet because it's so uneven all over. What are yours?

Posted By: darkbarbie
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 11:53am
Girl I thought I posted mine but any who 
Mines are to reach APL by Christmas and to master detangling 

Posted By: DominicanCurls
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 1:10pm
Great post!

My main goal this year in concern to my hair is to get to know it: what is my texture, my porosity level, what styles really work for me, etc. I also want to work on keeping my ends healthy so I don't need as many trims throughout the year. Right now I am at SL my goal for the end of the year is BSL.

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 1:15pm
My goal is to continue to not use chemicals except covering my gray. I hope to learn how to keep my hair smooth better without a straightener. I hope it will get a little thicker in the process. I want to stay on my yogurt, bragg liquid aminos and olive oil pre poo at least once a month for an hour.  I want to continue to oil my hair with sulfur oil and ghe often. I want to massage my scalp and use mn some times. And I hope to reach waist length by December 2014. 

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:18pm
To reach waist length before March.
To try for hip length and reach it by the end of he year.
To have a healthy, shinier, stronger and thicker hair.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:47am
My ambition for my hair is to be long enough to hang at MBL in braids and twists. That would be so dope

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:45am
I want some MBL hair this year.

Posted By: Brazilianbabe
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 3:48pm
My goal is to reach hip length. I also want to get rid of these split ends and thicken my hair.

Posted By: prettigurl
Date Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:27pm
My goal is to maintain the health and strength of my hair and retain at least 3 inches (im a slow grower, but I keep it all)

Posted By: relaxedtresses
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 7:04pm
This year, although I'm already grazing BSL......I'd like to be a full, healthy blunt, don't have to stretch with my fingers, BSL grazing MBL.

Posted By: lahlock1
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 9:34pm
To limit heat. I don't use hardly any as it is now, but my hair has gotten to that awkward medium length and I already see myself getting bored w it.

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:02pm
I want healthy, thick(er), luxurious waist length hair.

OH - and to stay away from the scissors. I want to commit to taking care of my hair. I also want to learn more about healthy hair care, so that way I don't have to rely on others to do for me.

Posted By: LongHairDarkSkin
Date Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 7:00am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I want some MBL hair this year.

Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:21pm
To work on my edges.
Try to wear my natural hair more.
Be consistent with the growth aids and vitamins.

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 2:59pm
Nice length and health.
(I need that swanggg)
LOL

Posted By: 902sexxi
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:25pm
My goal is to retain as much length as possible, incorporate ayurvedic powders in my regimen and be consistent with my routine.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 5:02am
No cutting. Try more styles without complaining about how long it will take.

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:56pm
MBL. MBL. MBL AND OH MBL!!  LOL

Posted By: danelle15
Date Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 12:31am
I wish long hair this year and I will do everything for it and also can spend money. So please advise me to do so. Big smile

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 12:39am
To have my hair maintain some level of fullness, and stop falling out for no good reason

Good Luck to ALL. May ALL your wishes come true

Posted By: MissAnnaMC
Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:03am
I aim to have APL hair by the end of the year

Posted By: MinnieMe
Date Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 10:02pm
Hip Length or Bust Dec 14'

Posted By: danelle15
Date Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 12:14am
Need to improve my hair length  5 inch more.

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 5:35pm
I hope to reach a full and healthy APL. I had a few setbacks last year and didn't maintain any length. I'm just hoping to keep at bay those urges to relax my hair and stick to this journey. My hair was worse when I was relaxed. Also still trying to perfect the regi.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 5:51pm
Waist length *bites fingers* by summer...

Date Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 7:45pm
I am totally committed to my natural curls now and decided I will keep it natural. So I want it tail bone length and curly not straight :DThumbs Up 

Posted By: Phattygyrl
Date Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:29pm
1st I need to work on my split ends, and then try to make full bsl length im grazing apl.oh and stick to my vitamins and hair regi

Posted By: cosmogirl
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:49pm
APL - Thick and strong. 

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:37pm
I am making the switch back to salon hair products.  Since I have applied heat to my hair, my hair is like super fragile so I figure that I should be using salon products that has ceramides and proper moisture.  I also plan to get more exercise in and eat more vegetables instead of falling back on my lazy food source, carbs.

Date Posted: Nov 17 2014 at 9:38am
It's nearly the end of the year ladies ;)

Date Posted: Nov 17 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

My goal is to continue to not use chemicals except covering my gray. I hope to learn how to keep my hair smooth better without a straightener. I hope it will get a little thicker in the process. I want to stay on my yogurt, bragg liquid aminos and olive oil pre poo at least once a month for an hour.  I want to continue to oil my hair with sulfur oil and ghe often. I want to massage my scalp and use mn some times. And I hope to reach waist length by December 2014. 

I sort of achieved my goal.  I did get my hair smooth without a relaxer and without a Japanese straightener. After all it is like a 2A-2c now and straightens completely by just putting it in a bun or wrapping it. Whether I remained chemical free is up in the air, because I am on Brazilian Keratin treatments which are about as chemical free as you can go to loosen the hair. 
We will see how close I got to waist length by the end of the year. The bottom layer may be an inch away from my waist. But I will not claim waist length until several more layers are there and not just the hair at the nape.  I will give myself until Spring or Summer as a new goal for waist length. I will aim for hip length by December 2015 but I will just be happy to be at full waist length by then. After all I have a long back at 5'8. So this may take me a while longer than some.

I am really happy with my hair although I may not be at waist length yet. This is the longest and the best my hair has ever been in all my whole life despite not being at waist length yet. I stopped massaging my scalp, I stopped oiling my scalp with sulfur and miconizole nitrate. I stopped taking supplements and vitamins. I have been just growing naturally without growth aids and techniques for the last few months. The only thing I have been doing lately is oiling my hair with coconut and argan oil, cowashing and conditioning. I may start back all my growth aids and techniques again in January. So this may be why I am not waist length yet. But I am very happy with my hair regardless.The yogurt and braggs are no longer necessary.I could not be happier with my keratin treatments and the look & feel, and ease of maintenance of my hair that they have given me.
I love the saying, "shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll still be among the stars"

Date Posted: Nov 18 2014 at 5:42am
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
Originally posted by MissAnnaMC MissAnnaMC wrote:

I aim to have APL hair by the end of the year

I am at APL but not full APL, the back of my hair reaches there comfortably and I'm ridiculously happy with my growth this year so far. I've retained all of my length (I self-trimmed once this year, cutting less than an inch). Smile Very proud of myself, I must admit. 

I will have 2 years two years of growth as of December 31st 2014, so I can say I achieved APL (though not full) in 2 years. Gosh, time flies doesn't it. 

Print Page | Close Window