Print Page | Close Window

Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Residents

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367174
Printed Date: Dec 15 2018 at 7:52am

Topic: Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Residents
Posted By: IslandSuga
Subject: Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Residents
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 1:23pm
I'm looking for employment in the area, but because I'm not familiar with it I don't know which areas are good for renting apartments. Any ideas? I'm looking for an area that's safe but affordable, hopefully in the $700-900 area. Is that even feasible? I'm open to hallandale, hollywood, ft. lauderdale, miami gardens, fountainbleu, miramar. I don't mind paying a little extra for a nice place that's safe, that's the most important to me. Thanks!

Replies:
Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:00pm
How many bedrooms are you looking for? Whatever you do stay away from the Liberty City and Overtown areas. 

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:15pm
Do not stay in liberty city or opa locka

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:21pm
I'm looking for a 1/1

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:28pm
you should pm prnena01 she has a nice place in miami now 

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:42pm
Please stay away from Miami Gardens! That city is nothing but bad news. Murders occur there at least every other week (no exaggeration).That is not a safe place to live, especially for a young woman.

Davie & Cooper City are nice safe & quiet cities with affordable rental apartments. You may also want to look at the city of Pembroke Pines.

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 2:53pm
^^^ Thanks for the heads up on Miami Gardens. I'll look into the other cities you suggested. Thanks!

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 3:01pm
pembroke pines is very, very nice
my family member has a house there
if you can get into that area it is nice

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 3:13pm
I agree with Pembroke Pines being a good spot, I know women that have lived by themselves and were safe

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 3:16pm
Also, expect to pay out of pocket for most of your utilities where ever you do find an apartment. From what I've seen most apartments in Miami don't really include any of the utilities in the rent.

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 3:31pm
Thanks for the info niecy!

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 3:34pm
What about dania beach, miramar, lauderhill, plantation, hollywood, hallandale areas?

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

What about dania beach, miramar, lauderhill, plantation, hollywood, hallandale areas?

Hollywood and Hallendale are nice areas to live in. Not sure about the rest though.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

there you go

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 5:38pm
Lauderhill, Boca, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Plantation are all good areas.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 5:44pm
Plantation?
Is that a white area?

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 6:10pm
Ive lived in South Broward and North Miami. I cosign avoiding Miami Gardens. You can find great deals by renting from owners and going through a real estate agent especially in Broward. Its true that you will be paying utilities yourself. 
I loved living in Davie and Plantation, yes they are white areas. Lol. 595 traffic is a bitch tho!
Hollywood was great, I stayed 5 minutes from thewood Holly beach. Kinda expensive tho. Dania is very peacful but boring and an old town with sh*tty apartments.
Avoid Miami Shores. North Miami Beach is skraight. Miramar and lauderhill are heading west. Too much of a troop for me. Try www.hotpads.com
Besides price/safety what else is important to you?

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 9:56pm
Plantation?  no ma'am.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 11:11pm
lmao

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 10:15pm
Lauderhill is ghetto af..56th rachet city

Plantation is actually nice and quiet but mostlt white ppl

Basically everywhere have it's good and bad to be honest

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:17am
Lol @ you all/Plantation..yeah, I've always kinda wondered about that name myself Lol

And I wouldn't describe Lauderhill as "ghetto af" LOL..pretty average..really just depends on if you live in deep side or shallow side...but those are local terms, so I didn't see the point of mentioning them lol. But IA, there are good and bad parts..regardless of which part you're in: "good" or "bad"..you'll know it...our hoods aren't hidden LOL

Oh, and stay away from any city that ends with "Manor" LOL

Regardless of where you end up: Welcome Hug

Print Page | Close Window