Print Page | Close Window

Do you like a little drama in your relationship...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367068
Printed Date: May 22 2018 at 10:34pm

Topic: Do you like a little drama in your relationship...
Posted By: Random Thoughts
Subject: Do you like a little drama in your relationship...
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:19pm
..not necessarily fighting, arguing, cheating, baby mama type drama. And I'm not asking if you consciously seek it out. But do you, on any level, enjoy some disputes or challenges or obstacles to overcome in a relationship. Can a relationship be too easygoing/boring?

What do you think about people who want a tad bit of drama in their relationships. Is it unhealthy? Is this why opposites attract?

Replies:
Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:30pm
Maybe I used I be like that but now I'd rather cuddle or do things together.
I'd rather not have all that strife.

We argue enough over things like sports and politics.
Those can get heated.

Last one when the Cowboys collapsed last week...

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:32pm
me personally ... I'm not into drama of any sort ... maybe a little tv drama 
but thats it.

The easier the relationship.. the better.

i recently put the skids on a possible new situation cause she was a tad bit 
possessive which led to a lot of unnecessaryness imo. Had to hit her with the stiff arm.
Which is wild cause I'm usually pretty tolerant ... but i guess i maxed out pretty quick.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:45pm
I like peace 24/7. I do think that some folks so, and when they date someone that doesn't have/cause/contribute to, drama, they may find the relationship a little boring.

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:49pm
I hate drama! I'd rather have an easy going calm relationship. We do argue a lot, because we both want to be right and sometimes he can be an a$$hole and  I have to tell him about himself. I don't like arguing, but if he's going to dish it then he better damn well take it back!!

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

me personally ... I'm not into drama of any sort ... maybe a little tv drama 
but thats it.

The easier the relationship.. the better.

i recently put the skids on a possible new situation cause she was a tad bit 
possessive which led to a lot of unnecessaryness imo. Had to hit her with the stiff arm.
Which is wild cause I'm usually pretty tolerant ... but i guess i maxed out pretty quick.

reading this response made me remember the picture thread when everyone was lusting after oodles lmao LOL i was like bhm men are cute who knew!! LOL

anyways no i had a ROUGH 2 year drama (no cheating just petty ass arguments) filled relationship...i want to just have someone that drops it no argument Sleepy

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 1:59pm
Honestly...i thought i didn't

but i think i've been giving him a reason for us to make up lately, just cause it's that good

eh

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:05pm
Nah, I'm too sensitive and too petty for that. Like Jones, I'd rather cuddle and do stuff.

Being slightly messy spectators in other people's drama, however, is welcomeStern Smile.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:05pm
Debates on random subject/event etc..Yes
He hates being wrong..
Anything else generally no.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:10pm
I think I do from time to time BUT it's good feelin drama stuff that we get real hot n heated aboutLOL

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:12pm
Drama, no.

Adventure, yes! If things are getting boring spice it up a bit rather than create drama! Go traveling, take up a new couples hobby...something. 

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

..not necessarily fighting, arguing, cheating, baby mama type drama. And I'm not asking if you consciously seek it out. But do you, on any level, enjoy some disputes or challenges or obstacles to overcome in a relationship. Can a relationship be too easygoing/boring?

What do you think about people who want a tad bit of drama in their relationships. Is it unhealthy? Is this why opposites attract?

Absolutely ... no.

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:24pm
Coming out of a drama-filled relationship and riding into the calm now...nope don't miss it one bit or am I bored in my nice new calm environment relationship.....bickering and sh*t starting IMO is dysfunctional.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:33pm
Sometimes you get addicted to drama if that's what you are used to. I find that I seem to carry drama in every relationship, not just bf and gf ones. Like right now, I'm visiting my dad and it seems like I'm full of drama with everything because that's what I had been used to before in a bf and gf relationship. I find myself upset over little things and never ok with just being calm and happy. Like there is always a problem to me. I don't like how I act, I'm working on it and also my pregnancy hormones might be increasing it. I can be such a bish for no reason at all other than to be one. it's just I'm used to dealing with tons of big issues, so now that it's calm here, I have to have issues. It's like I am always prepared to argue and fight, on guard a lot.

Posted By: MomeRath
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:54pm
Nope. That sh*t is DRAINING.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 2:55pm
HELL no! And those that do likely have Borderline Personality Disorders (BPD)

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:09pm
2 people that have strong personalities are going to have the occasional argument. Thats a part of life. I would rather have that than a yes man who does whatever I say because he is scared of being assertive.

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:15pm
No!!!! I like it as peaceful as possible

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by MomeRath MomeRath wrote:

Nope. That sh*t is DRAINING.
this. even in smallest of amounts. 

differences in opinion is as far as i'm willing to go. 

i'd rather have travel, vacations, art galleries, etc for excitement. 

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Yes. As long as the disagreements (not disputes) aren't disrespectful or ugly. It's never gotten there.
We both have strong personalities, and I think at times we both like playing head games, so to speak.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:31pm
no/ but I heard we aren't really married until we have a fight .

I'll wait.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:35pm
i like peace...but im weird. i cant enjoy it..i get suspicious when things are TOO peaceful.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 3:54pm
I don't have the energy for foolery, if a relationship is too much work or uses too many brain cells Im out and don't look back.

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 4:41pm
Drama, no. I don't believe having an SO that challenges you is the same as having drama.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I like peace 24/7. I do think that some folks so, and when they date someone that doesn't have/cause/contribute to, drama, they may find the relationship a little boring.

that's probably why you're still in your prime! Big smile

drama & strife ages .

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:37pm
Can't stand drama. I get too stressed out with drama lol

Posted By: demilee27
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 1:33am
I dont want drama in MY relationship, but I like my relationship to have excitement, intrigue(sp) and suspense.

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:52am
Watch what you wish for.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I don't have the energy for foolery, if a relationship is too much work or uses too many brain cells Im out and don't look back.

Stay single forever plz.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 8:51am
iono 'bout drama...but minor disagreementsand debates don't bother me. 

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 6:28pm
not at all, but it finds me

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 6:35pm
Not anymore.

I used to feed off of that sh!t when I was younger, and called it "passion".

Neither of us are pushovers, but I've come a long way from hitting, throwing ish, and other things I dare not mention.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

iono 'bout drama...but minor disagreementsand debates don't bother me. 
IA. Playful drama is cute but the real stuff? No. I'm like Skittles, I'll gladly watch other people's BS.

OT: I know some of y'all like to be involved in drama, don't lie now.LOL

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

HELL no! And those that do likely have Borderline Personality Disorders (BPD)

Ia. Id prefer that my so adores me and theres no catch to it. No ba ge or dysfunction, nothing. I think women who go for bad boys (truly bad ones) have self esteem issues

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 2:59am
I think if both people are mature, then 90% of conflicts are avoidable because no one is trying to win or have the last word. I hold my tongue a lot and only assert my opinion when it is necessary, which is not often.

I do not like drama at all. It does not make a relationship exciting, it makes it stressful.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 8:25am
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Drama, no.

Adventure, yes! If things are getting boring spice it up a bit rather than create drama! Go traveling, take up a new couples hobby...something. just generally like to have fun with my spouse

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Drama, no.

Adventure, yes! If things are getting boring spice it up a bit rather than create drama! Go traveling, take up a new couples hobby...something. just generally like to have fun with my spouse

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 11:14am
no drama

Print Page | Close Window