Print Page | Close Window

Always fighting with friends

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367026
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 11:54am

Topic: Always fighting with friends
Posted By: mrshairdo
Subject: Always fighting with friends
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:04pm
Ughhhh so I'm having an issue

I live with two girls who I became friends with last year at school (I recently returned to uni to finish my undergrad) so I'm a lot older than most ppl there (the girls are 21 and I'm 27)....ever since we moved in together we just keep fighting and fighting

This most recent fight had to do with cleaning...the two of them NEVER clean and while I'm not perfect myself (who is?) I always make the effort and most of the time I feel like I'm the only one who gives a fucc about keeping the house clean

A few days ago I finally had enough (the dishes had been piled up in the sink for like 2 weeks, to the point where I couldn't even wash a utensil or cup) and I blew up....the majority of the dishes are ones that I own so I washed everything and I took all my shiit upstairs ... a few days before that I blew up on the one roomie I'm closer to and I was just cussing an cussing about howit's so disrespectful that they don't give a shiit about keeping our house clean

So since then none of us have spoken. Yesterday was supposed to be our christmas dinner but I copped out because I've just been in my own funk lately (dealing with family issues) and I didn't want to bring down the mood...so the show went on without me which was fine...I got another mutual friend to bring the gifts I bought for them downstairs so they could open them when it was time...but today I'm seeing that they left the gifts I bought them plus the gifts they got me on the floor in the corner (should I be offended?)...I kinda think it's rude and was really rude to not at least say thank you (at least I got someone to give it to them on my behalf)

Anyway, now I feel like maybe I just can't be friends with young ppl? I don't know...like am I wrong? Keep in mind for the last two months, every single time the dishes have piled up, i've been the one to do them (everyone's dirty dishes) and so finally I was just like fucc this..

I don't know what to do cuz we have 4 more months to live together and I feel sooo resentful and I'm questioning if I should be in these friendships

Part of me knows that these are just the perils of living together and friendships can be reconciled once ppl have distance but I really don't know how I'll get through the next four months and I just don't know if in general i have the patience for younger ppl who are still maturing (part of me doesn't blame them cuz I was young once too but fucc)

HELP?

disclaimer: Lord I pray this thread doesn't go to the left...it's not about an intimate relationship so I'm hoping this can stay on track with true, honest opinions...sometimes anonymous opinions can help!

Replies:
Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:18pm
Instead of blowing up and cursing them out, you should have a sit down with the them and go over the rules of the house. No pointing out who did what because that will cause an another argument. Finish the rest of the month on a clean slate.

And if that doesn't work...Hide all dishes and cups and replace it with paper plates and cups LOL

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Instead of blowing up and cursing them out, you should have a sit down with the them and go over the rules of the house. No pointing out who did what because that will cause an another argument. Finish the rest of the month on a clean slate.

And if that doesn't work...Hide all dishes and cups and replace it with paper plates and cups LOL

i blew up cuz it had been building up and I couldn't take it anymore...we've had sitdowns before where we've addressed all of this but NOTHING changes.. 

i don't know what else to do ...i already took all my dishes upstairs but I think now they're pissed about that

soo frustrating!

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:23pm
You couldn't put your ish aside to give them their gifts but u want them to put their ish aside to open your gifts?

You guys (all of you) either need to grow up or part ways.

If you can't have peace in your home, where can you have it?

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

You couldn't put your ish aside to give them their gifts but u want them to put their ish aside to open your gifts?

You guys (all of you) either need to grow up or part ways.

If you can't have peace in your home, where can you have it?

well shiit at least I made sure they were delivered to them...
but yea I do agree that I could've gone about it better. I didn't expect them to leave the gifts I got them there tho but yea I guess I should've handled that better

i just don't know what to do to for the future because I can't see them changing

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:31pm
you don't sound much more mature than them.. 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:31pm
They are at dinner calling you childish.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

i blew up cuz it had been building up and I couldn't take it anymore...we've had sitdowns before where we've addressed all of this but NOTHING changes.. 

i don't know what else to do ...i already took all my dishes upstairs but I think now they're pissed about that

soo frustrating!

The sit downs didn't work? Hmmm that is very frustrating. I would have took my dishes upstairs too then LOL But that's so disgusting that they let the dishes pile up for two weeks....Beyond gross. I don't think I would want to have a dirty friend like that.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:38pm

soo frustrating!

The sit downs didn't work? Hmmm that is very frustrating. I would have took my dishes upstairs too then LOL But that's so disgusting that they let the dishes pile up for two weeks....Beyond gross. I don't think I would want to have a dirty friend like that.

yea a big pet peeve of mine is not cleaning ...it is really something that grinds my gears and I view it as disrespectful because these are the common areas we share

i definitely feel like it's that whole thing of not being able to live with your friends and I definitely feel like I need distance, I just don't know how this is going to work for the next four months

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:00pm
Seems like feelings are caught on both sides. I don't think you and your roomies relationship will be the same. Unless you want to pay to break your lease...tough it out for the next four months.

Have you thought about apologizing for blowing up at them and explaining the dirty dishes issue? That too keep down issues perhaps paper plates are better.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:03pm
As for the presents, the ratchet qbee would get the gifts I bought for them, return them and get my money back and keep the gifts they bought for me.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Seems like feelings are caught on both sides. I don't think you and your roomies relationship will be the same. Unless you want to pay to break your lease...tough it out for the next four months.

Have you thought about apologizing for blowing up at them and explaining the dirty dishes issue? That too keep down issues perhaps paper plates are better.

Yea, there definitely are and I don't know if it'll be the same...I know it happens a lot but it would such a shame to have the friendships end being such a cliche thing

I thought about apologizing today but at this point I feel so resentful, I don't think I'm ready to do it...I know we'll have to clear the air eventually but I'm still too annoyed right now

I guess I will have to keep trying n explaining...i thought about suggesting the paper plates thing today

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:09pm

As for the presents, the ratchet qbee would get the gifts I bought for them, return them and get my money back and keep the gifts they bought for me.

lmao dude I thought about that eh? I went broke buying those gifts..but I thought about just returning their gifts and giving them back the ones they got me (i don't think i could return their gifts and keep the ones they got me...that's too hood hahaha)

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:12pm
i seriously hope you ladies' have your own bathrooms...if dishes don't get cleaned, i don't even want to imagine what the bathroom looks likeDead if u share one..

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

i seriously hope you ladies' have your own bathrooms...if dishes don't get cleaned, i don't even want to imagine what the bathroom looks likeDead if u share one..

one roomie has her own bathroom cuz she has the master room and the other one and I share...and i'm constantly cleaning it

the thing I don't understand is the roomie with her own bathroom always keeps her room tidy but is the WORST when it comes to dishes...i don't understand it

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:18pm
These don't sound like real "friends" these are room mates and not the funny Threes Company kind. The next time the sink is full of dishes get the trash can and throw them away. Everyone should be cleaning up after you cook/use dishes. If its too much then use all disposable dishes and silverware.

That just sounds like some nasty mess, grown ass women not cleaning up?? Really????? YUCK

Bathroom trashcan probably filled with panty liners not wrapped up and used douche bottles under the sink. EWWWW

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:20pm
Basically, they are 21 and you are the 27 yr old mom. Honestly, at 21 I didn't have much in common with a 27 year old. I was like she pushing 30 and I just turned legal age to drink.

Those.girls have already figured out if they don't clean you will.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

These don't sound like real "friends" these are room mates and not the funny Threes Company kind. The next time the sink is full of dishes get the trash can and throw them away. Everyone should be cleaning up after you cook/use dishes. If its too much then use all disposable dishes and silverware.

That just sounds like some nasty mess, grown ass women not cleaning up?? Really????? YUCK

Bathroom trashcan probably filled with panty liners not wrapped up and used douche bottles under the sink. EWWWW

lol they are good friends but when it comes to this cleaning shiit...they just dont care

a majority of the dishes are mine so I just took all my sh*t upstairs cuz I can't deal

thankfully when it comes to bathroom because it's just me and one of the girls, I can keep it under control but no she doesn't leave nasty period shiit around ( i would literally bust someone's azz for that)

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:24pm

one roomie has her own bathroom cuz she has the master room and the other one and I share...and i'm constantly cleaning it

the thing I don't understand is the roomie with her own bathroom always keeps her room tidy but is the WORST when it comes to dishes...i don't understand it

i guess she don't like putting her hands in dirty water to clean the dishes...meaning she can clean her own mess cause it is her's , but with dishes it is everyone else's germs, dirt etc she has to clean/touch...IMO

HOPE u have a lock on your bedroom door and this is no joke...too many folks out there doing stupid ish...please be safe...u may apologize, but they will still see you as a %&*#^%& ...know what I mean...hide your shampoo, conditioner, open only new water bottles...girl i am looking out for you....my niece went thru the same thing and my sister had to tell her to watch herself cause of those roommates...so thank god my niece moved out and in with her boyfriend..
I don;t mean to scare you...

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:26pm

Basically, they are 21 and you are the 27 yr old mom. Honestly, at 21 I didn't have much in common with a 27 year old. I was like she pushing 30 and I just turned legal age to drink.

YES THEY HAVE...and part of my resentment is that I feel they do it on purpose because they know i'll do it because I get fed up with uncleanliness faster than them

and regarding the first part you wrote, that is definitely how it is...when we get the bills, i always open them and figure out how much we owe and pay it and getting the money back is a hassle...not cuz they don't want to do it but they are bad at remembering they owe ppl money so i constantly on their case to pay me back...its horrible

for the most part i'm young at heart and i never throw my age in their face (even now while we're fighting about this) which is why we became good friends to begin with...but i see the differences in our maturity levels with small things like this....

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:29pm

i guess she don't like putting her hands in dirty water to clean the dishes...meaning she can clean her own mess cause it is her's , but with dishes it is everyone else's germs, dirt etc she has to clean/touch...IMO

HOPE u have a lock on your bedroom door and this is no joke...too many folks out there doing stupid ish...please be safe...u may apologize, but they will still see you as a %&*#^%& ...know what I mean...hide your shampoo, conditioner, open only new water bottles...girl i am looking out for you....my niece went thru the same thing and my sister had to tell her to watch herself cause of those roommates...so thank god my niece moved out and in with her boyfriend..

LOL well dayum, you did scare me a little there haha.....i've started  being a lot more stingy with my stuff because even that is an issue...

and yea they know i'm a bish but if im being seen as a bish for this...my fucc u hat comes on and I don't care...the only thing is there is only one fridge or else i would've had my own fridge bynow...trust

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:31pm
Keep ya dishes upstairs and purchase
The first round of plastic/paper eating items. If they don't follow suit, fck'em and bring your dishes out when you want to use them.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:35pm
Hair do.. that's my point even though it's a six year age difference....on maturity those six years can make a difference.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:42pm
^^ yea I understand...and yes I'm going to keep my dishes up here even if we work this out and buy paper plates, cups and cutler

and the age gap is why i wondering if i should still fight for the friendships or not...i can say regardless of all this they are great friends but nothing matures you like time and i just don't know if i can handle that immaturity that goes with being in your early 20s...

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:46pm
Honestly, for me we'd be cordial roomies/associates but probably not true forever lifetime friends.     You guys have only known each other a year. It's not like it's your childhood friend of 20 years.

Maybe I am just jaded.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:55pm
It is all about maturity. WHen I was 21 I had friends who were in their late 30s and 40s, but we didn't kick it like that..we would do dinner or lunch..invite each other to home gatherings..but at the end of the day when it came to certain things..we were just on different levels despite the maturity. 

Being said..you shouldn't have roommates that young. They want to have fun, probably just left the parents house not too long ago to get away from basically what you are doing haha..I say keep your dishes locked up and bring them out when you use them. They will fend for themselves believe me. Maybe even you buy some paper and plastics to use so you don't have to deal with trying to wash dishes in a crowded sink. You have four more months..be the bigger person..apologize, exchange gifts and just let them know that paper plates and plastic utensils it is because you don't want the dishes thing to be an issue. After ya'll make up..keep it cordial..then when you have one month to do..let them know you will not be renewing the lease. Don't tell them now...just wait until 30 days prior and either get your own apartment or roommate with a guy or another woman your age.

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:01pm

LOL well dayum, you did scare me a little there haha.....i've started  being a lot more stingy with my stuff because even that is an issue...

and yea they know i'm a bish but if im being seen as a bish for this...my fucc u hat comes on and I don't care...the only thing is there is only one fridge or else i would've had my own fridge bynow...trust

GOOD THEN STAY A BISH....LOL...IF u have to be one...stay stingy...mofo heffas....keep that evil eye on them...well then i can sleep now....u have this under control...[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/91hzrr.jpg[/IM

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:03pm

GOOD THEN STAY A BISH....LOL...IF u have to be one...stay stingy...mofo heffas....keep that evil eye on them...well then i can sleep now....u have this under control..

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:04pm

Honestly, for me we'd be cordial roomies/associates but probably not true forever lifetime friends.     You guys have only known each other a year. It's not like it's your childhood friend of 20 years.

Maybe I am just jaded.

true true...and this is what im thinking about im just not sure if im making the right decision, u know what i mean?

outside of this, they are good friends...trustworthy, loyal, kind...thats why i think it's a maturity thing

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:05pm

GOOD THEN STAY A BISH....LOL...IF u have to be one...stay stingy...mofo heffas....keep that evil eye on them...well then i can sleep now....u have this under control..

aww thanks so much....fixed your pic btw lol

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:05pm
thanks...don't know what happened there...LOL

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

It is all about maturity. WHen I was 21 I had friends who were in their late 30s and 40s, but we didn't kick it like that..we would do dinner or lunch..invite each other to home gatherings..but at the end of the day when it came to certain things..we were just on different levels despite the maturity. 

Being said..you shouldn't have roommates that young. They want to have fun, probably just left the parents house not too long ago to get away from basically what you are doing haha..I say keep your dishes locked up and bring them out when you use them. They will fend for themselves believe me. Maybe even you buy some paper and plastics to use so you don't have to deal with trying to wash dishes in a crowded sink. You have four more months..be the bigger person..apologize, exchange gifts and just let them know that paper plates and plastic utensils it is because you don't want the dishes thing to be an issue. After ya'll make up..keep it cordial..then when you have one month to do..let them know you will not be renewing the lease. Don't tell them now...just wait until 30 days prior and either get your own apartment or roommate with a guy or another woman your age.

this is really good advice, thank u so much Heart

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:17pm

.I got another mutual friend to bring the gifts I bought for them downstairs so they could open them when it was time...but today I'm seeing that they left the gifts I bought them plus the gifts they got me on the floor in the corner (should I be offended?)...I kinda think it's rude and was really rude to not at least say thank you (at least I got someone to give it to them on my behalf)

Maybe they chose to open the presents with you, instead of opening when you weren't around?

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:23pm
naw i went downstairs to get water and i saw they had opened them

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 12:19am

naw i went downstairs to get water and i saw they had opened them

See my above post. Gon head and be hood.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 12:28am
lol birds of a feather, why you so ratchet mrshairdo ?

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:37am
Chore list?

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:08am

YES THEY HAVE...and part of my resentment is that I feel they do it on purpose because they know i'll do it because I get fed up with uncleanliness faster than them

and regarding the first part you wrote, that is definitely how it is...when we get the bills, i always open them and figure out how much we owe and pay it and getting the money back is a hassle...not cuz they don't want to do it but they are bad at remembering they owe ppl money so i constantly on their case to pay me back...its horrible

for the most part i'm young at heart and i never throw my age in their face (even now while we're fighting about this) which is why we became good friends to begin with...but i see the differences in our maturity levels with small things like this....

Confused

I don't like the sound of this at all. You shouldn't have to run after them like they are little kids. I know they're still young but that's not an excuse to not handle their share of the rent money. They probably know you will pay the rent so that's why they keep "forgetting". I don't know, op.....I think they are definitely taking advantage of you.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:22am
Those girls are HELLA taking advantage of you. A maid who pays? They know they got it good with you around!

You've only got 4 more months but I recommend you get Supernanny and do that weekly chore list ish.

Wash the dishes every day and each day is a different person. If they don't wash, put the dirty dishes in their room until they do!

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 5:59am

It's Deja vu for me to read this thread!

I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM when I was 28 years old!

One of my pet peeves is a CLEAN HOUSE and a friend and I lived together for about a year. We are only 3 years apart though SHE WAS OLDER! ... so it's not an age thing. Disaster.

- EVERY DISH in the house would get dirty time and time again .. and I would clean them all
- I would talk to her about it - nothing
- when the utility bills came I would lay them out on the counter where I had penciled in my half and her half of the bills etc. She agreed to do it like this.
- then one day (for no particular reason) the lights went off. I called them amd they said we were behind by X amount - and it was a big amount. Of course, I pay my bills every month so that meant she had stopped paying her half altogether for the last couple of months.
- I went to her room and I see a note on her door 'going to the bahamas' with her non-working bf.
- I pick up the phone again ... but now it's dead. I ask my neighbor use their phone ... I call the phone company ... SAME S***. She has not paid her half of the phone bill in so that's why they turned the phone off!
- I packed up all my clean dishes and packed them away in my closest and bought some paper plates.
- Still we argued. She not want to pick up or clean and feels it's her business and she can do what we wants.

Yes, I just packed up and moved outta there.

A lot went on but even yeaaaars later, when she had kids .. she was living the same way. Not paying bills because she wanted some 200 dollar shoes.. letting a loser non-working man live with her. Keeping a NASTY HOUSE.

The moral of the story is that it's not age so much as it is JUST THE WAY some people live. Irresponsible.

My advice - take back your gifts and store them. Maybe at some point in the future you will make up and then give them your gifts. Clearly they are p*** at you now.

Stay to yourself d avoid them these last 4 months - as you say you have to stay 4 more months - and then just move out and get your own place.

To this day .. if I live with a man .. he knows EARLY ON just by visiting me that he needs to pick up after himself and pitch in to keep the house up to standard. I watch for how men handle themselves in the household. Otherwise you will be trapped living with someone you love THAT'S NASTY!

But that was the last time I had a roommate.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol birds of a feather, why you so ratchet mrshairdo ?

If that was the case I wouldn't be complaining, now would I? Id be in ratchet heaven

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 12:01pm
Just can't live with bishes......

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Just can't live with bishes......

Guuurll, girls who are unclean really irk me..

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

It's Deja vu for me to read this thread!

I HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM when I was 28 years old!

One of my pet peeves is a CLEAN HOUSE and a friend and I lived together for about a year. We are only 3 years apart though SHE WAS OLDER! ... so it's not an age thing. Disaster.

- EVERY DISH in the house would get dirty time and time again .. and I would clean them all
- I would talk to her about it - nothing
- when the utility bills came I would lay them out on the counter where I had penciled in my half and her half of the bills etc. She agreed to do it like this.
- then one day (for no particular reason) the lights went off. I called them amd they said we were behind by X amount - and it was a big amount. Of course, I pay my bills every month so that meant she had stopped paying her half altogether for the last couple of months.
- I went to her room and I see a note on her door 'going to the bahamas' with her non-working bf.
- I pick up the phone again ... but now it's dead. I ask my neighbor use their phone ... I call the phone company ... SAME S***. She has not paid her half of the phone bill in so that's why they turned the phone off!
- I packed up all my clean dishes and packed them away in my closest and bought some paper plates.
- Still we argued. She not want to pick up or clean and feels it's her business and she can do what we wants.

Yes, I just packed up and moved outta there.

A lot went on but even yeaaaars later, when she had kids .. she was living the same way. Not paying bills because she wanted some 200 dollar shoes.. letting a loser non-working man live with her. Keeping a NASTY HOUSE.

The moral of the story is that it's not age so much as it is JUST THE WAY some people live. Irresponsible.

My advice - take back your gifts and store them. Maybe at some point in the future you will make up and then give them your gifts. Clearly they are p*** at you now.

Stay to yourself d avoid them these last 4 months - as you say you have to stay 4 more months - and then just move out and get your own place.

To this day .. if I live with a man .. he knows EARLY ON just by visiting me that he needs to pick up after himself and pitch in to keep the house up to standard. I watch for how men handle themselves in the household. Otherwise you will be trapped living with someone you love THAT'S NASTY!

But that was the last time I had a roommate.

Damn... It's sad that people are so inconsiderate, I just don't understand that kind of attitude.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 12:50pm

Confused

I don't like the sound of this at all. You shouldn't have to run after them like they are little kids. I know they're still young but that's not an excuse to not handle their share of the rent money. They probably know you will pay the rent so that's why they keep "forgetting". I don't know, op.....I think they are definitely taking advantage of you.

It's not worth the headache. You're nothing but a "Mother Hen" to them AND they're using you. Why be responsible when there's someone else there to do it and do all the work? 

Try to ride it out these last months and let those lil girls take care of their own damn bills, house, etc. See, in cases like these, it's so much better to get a month-to-month lease instead, it may be a lil more expensive but when shyt goes downhill, you can just back your bags in 30 days and don't have to deal with the drama.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Basically, they are 21 and you are the
27 yr old mom. Honestly, at 21 I didn't have much in common with a 27
year old. I was like she pushing 30 and I just turned legal age to
drink.

YES THEY HAVE...and part of my resentment is that I
feel they do it on purpose because they know i'll do it because I get
fed up with uncleanliness faster than them

and regarding the first part you wrote, that is definitely how it is...when
we get the bills, i always open them and figure out how much we owe and
pay it and getting the money back is a hassle...not cuz they don't want
to do it but they are bad at remembering they owe ppl money so i
constantly on their case to pay me back...its horrible

for
the most part i'm young at heart and i never throw my age in their face
(even now while we're fighting about this) which is why we became good
friends to begin with...but i see the differences in our maturity levels
with small things like this....

Confused

I
don't like the sound of this at all. You shouldn't have to run after
them like they are little kids. I know they're still young but that's not
an excuse to not handle their share of the rent money. They probably
know you will pay the rent so that's why they keep "forgetting". I don't know,
op.....I think they are definitely taking advantage of you.

It's not worth the headache. You're nothing but a "Mother Hen" to them AND they're using you. Why be responsible when there's someone else there to do it and do all the work? 

Try to ride it out these last months and let those lil girls take care of their own damn bills, house, etc. See, in cases like these, it's so much better to get a month-to-month lease instead, it may be a lil more expensive but when shyt goes downhill, you can just back your bags in 30 days and don't have to deal with the drama.

It just sucks because we are genuinely friends so it's harder to think of them in that way. But when everyone comes back from holidays I'm definitely going to set boundaries that I need. And I won't be paying bills out of my own pocket anymore. We'll have to do it separately. I don't want to baby them cuz eventually this stuff will matter in their future.

Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 1:43pm
who's name is the lease in

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

who's name is the lease in

All of us

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:05pm
Be careful though that's what I did. I thought I would just pay my part and she would pay her part ... but she didn't. There is no way for you to make sure they pay their part.

That's how things got turned off. :(

Also, don't forget that you have to get your deposits back. (I don't know how they do things now) but I had to psy a deposit on my utility bills and the rental .. so if things go sideways you might not get your money back.

Also, be aware thay THEY might move out before the end of the 4 months so then you have to pay the last month or so alone.

Not saying this will happen but roommates can really mess you over.

Talk to the landlord and ask if you can get off the lease and put ypiur name on a small apartment alone. They get a new customer that way.

Just watch out... things might escalate if they see you are not gonna PAY the bills anymore and chase them for money they never want to give you.

Some folks have bad home training .. so they are fine with using people like this.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:30pm

Ok didnt read anything but half the OP

if you don't want to be a hermit/recluse and you know you have a mean bitter side

you have to mix the bitter with some real warmth and sweetness ... 1 part bitter to 2 parts genuine warm/sweet

to solve the dishes issue either remove the dishes since they are yours and everyone pitch in for paper and plastic or everyone put together the $20 ea to get someone to clean every week

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:32pm

and sending an emissary to deliver the gifts while you were in the house

was not genuinely warm and sweet

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:46pm

and I say that with love as a sister with a slick tongue and sharp edge

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:17pm
Oh I'm just reading the part about them not paying up on time. Girl....lol...they are not your friends. Please stop saying that. 

My so-called "friend" of a roommate stopped paying her half of the rent for like 3 months. The only way I found out is because the manager called me to ask if we were renewing and that we would need to pay the missing part. Both of our names were on the lease. In the end, that landlord gave me my deposit and she put the responsibility of the unpaid rent on my roommate, but that was her. I had to butter her azz up for that. So, you should go speak with your landlord..let he/she know the situation. Give your notice. Tell him/her you will continue paying your portion and you're not sure what the others will do. That way when you leave, you get your deposit back and you're cleared from any issues with back rent. Speak up now...don't wait. Get the landlord on your side..maybe even inquire about transferring into a studio or one bedroom. 

Play them nice for the duration of your lease and be out. 

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 6:11pm
I agree with apologizing.....I wouldn't have opened your sh*t either....you didn't show up to dinner AND to top it off you send someone else to give me your gift? you and your gift lol.

Just talk it over to smooth things out, those four months will fly by

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 6:37pm

I agree with everything that Khivey said.

I also hope that you see that there's a life lesson in this for you, too. One of the greatest ways to resolve a conflict is to tackle it before it escalates. Small issues become big issues unnecessarily all the time, and coming to a resolution is ALWAYS that much harder. At some point, you'll probably live with someone else--be it your man, children, family members, whomever--and you will find that having ground rules and nipping issues in the bud early usually makes life much easier.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 12:40am
I'm in a messy ass mood so I would have took pics of all their filth and posted it on facebook and tagged them

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 12:59am

Oh I'm just reading the part about them not paying up on time. Girl....lol...they are not your friends. Please stop saying that. 

My so-called "friend" of a roommate stopped paying her half of the rent for like 3 months. The only way I found out is because the manager called me to ask if we were renewing and that we would need to pay the missing part. Both of our names were on the lease. In the end, that landlord gave me my deposit and she put the responsibility of the unpaid rent on my roommate, but that was her. I had to butter her azz up for that. So, you should go speak with your landlord..let he/she know the situation. Give your notice. Tell him/her you will continue paying your portion and you're not sure what the others will do. That way when you leave, you get your deposit back and you're cleared from any issues with back rent. Speak up now...don't wait. Get the landlord on your side..maybe even inquire about transferring into a studio or one bedroom. 

that right there.  Reaching out to your landlord is the best thing you can do right now. U need to worry about yourself and fucc those females Hairdo.  these females will fucc u in your ear and not care.  Like Khivey, RR and a few other stated... these people are not your friends.  It's a hassle to move but a peaceful home is worth it's weight in virgin hair.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Be careful though that's what I did. I thought I would just pay my part and she would pay her part ... but she didn't. There is no way for you to make sure they pay their part.

That's how things got turned off. :(

Also, don't forget that you have to get your deposits back. (I don't know how they do things now) but I had to psy a deposit on my utility bills and the rental .. so if things go sideways you might not get your money back.

Also, be aware thay THEY might move out before the end of the 4 months so then you have to pay the last month or so alone.

Not saying this will happen but roommates can really mess you over.

Talk to the landlord and ask if you can get off the lease and put ypiur name on a small apartment alone. They get a new customer that way.

Just watch out... things might escalate if they see you are not gonna PAY the bills anymore and chase them for money they never want to give you.

Some folks have bad home training .. so they are fine with using people like this.

Thanks for the advice....yea I think I'll just make them give me the money for the bills before it gets paid...that's what I've been doing and even though I have to chase them, it's been working

one of the girls is well off so if she was annoyed she might move but I doubt it...the other one won't, im pretty sure

It's a house that we are renting (the landlord owns it) so it would be so hard for me at this point to find a new place to settle into

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Ok didnt read anything but half the OP

if you don't want to be a hermit/recluse and you know you have a mean bitter side

you have to mix the bitter with some real warmth and sweetness ... 1 part bitter to 2 parts genuine warm/sweet

to solve the dishes issue either remove the dishes since they are yours and everyone pitch in for paper and plastic or everyone put together the $20 ea to get someone to clean every week

lol this was great advice, i love it! Thanks Ricky...im going to do this

I'm going to continue using my dishes cuz I don't mind washing up after myself but I'll buy the first round for them just so they get the hang of it, then they can continue afterward

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:26am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

and sending an emissary to deliver the gifts while you were in the house

was not genuinely warm and sweet

lol i was pissed and fed up so at that point zero fuccs were given but yea looking back, i can agree

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:31am

i know this may sound naive but I really can't see them doing this...they aren't this grimey...and the landlord knows how much we're paying separately since that's how we pay him so if he doesn't receive their portion, he will take it up with them. That's the best part out of this...but even if, I don't see them being ratchet like that.

As for the deposit, I don't have to worry about that because I only paid first and last...because we did that, there was no deposit, thank God

Every time the landlord wants to fix something in the house or come over, he calls me so I'm assuming he thinks I may be the more responsible one in the house regarding bills and when things need to get fixed so I don't think I'd have to win him over anymore (even tho this isn't a competition)

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I agree with apologizing.....I wouldn't have opened your sh*t either....you didn't show up to dinner AND to top it off you send someone else to give me your gift? you and your gift lol.

Just talk it over to smooth things out, those four months will fly by

lol meh... 
i was frustrated and I don't think I was wrong for that, what I did being in that state is what it is lol

Yea i sent them msgs apologizing for my behaviour but still saying that I'm keeping my dishes upstairs and we need to figure out some boundaries when they get back

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:34am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I agree with everything that Khivey said.

I also hope that you see that there's a life lesson in this for you, too. One of the greatest ways to resolve a conflict is to tackle it before it escalates. Small issues become big issues unnecessarily all the time, and coming to a resolution is ALWAYS that much harder. At some point, you'll probably live with someone else--be it your man, children, family members, whomever--and you will find that having ground rules and nipping issues in the bud early usually makes life much easier.

the bolded is very true and good advice, thank you bb!

sometimes I just don't want to seem petty by bringing up every little thing that bothers me and I'm definitely someone who will stew over something and blow up about it  later when I've had enough

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

I'm in a messy ass mood so I would have took pics of all their filth and posted it on facebook and tagged them

LOL, i would NEVER do that

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:37am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

that right there.  Reaching out to your landlord is the best thing you can do right now. U need to worry about yourself and fucc those females Hairdo.  these females will fucc u in your ear and not care.  Like Khivey, RR and a few other stated... these people are not your friends.  It's a hassle to move but a peaceful home is worth it's weight in virgin hair.

lol again I might be naive, but I can't see them ever getting grimey like that...this is the first time I've lived with friends so again this is definitely my ignorance talking but I think they have more clout/pride than to be that way...however, we have the next 4 months so we'll see how it goes

tbh I can see them resenting me for standing firm in my decision to keep my dishes upstairs...that being said our relationships will probably change and we might not be as close but I'm coming to terms with that being a possibility. I'd rather keep my sanity than do what they want just to make them feel better

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:38am
THANK U GUYS for all the replies while I was gone...we had a huge ice storm here in toronto and I was without power for a full day.....friggin Canada

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 1:45pm
chile my sister sent me a picture of the frozen trees, glad the power is back

Bless the Lord for California

I could cry now though because the bread shop on eglinton was closed because of the storm

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:01pm
Lol yea I've never seen anything like this in my life. Toronto is usually very prepared for winter's bs but this time they are just stuped... Ppl are expected to be without power through Christmas.

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:06am
This is a big gap as far as age. I live in a building with young folks and remind them of being courteous all the time.

The thing is they have life to experience and common sense to gain. You are already there. I would have a long talk with them. As far as the gifts, I can see them opening them when you are there.

Next time live with people your own age. Sometimes age is number, other times it is common sense.

Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by SN2BPHD SN2BPHD wrote:

This is a big gap as far as age. I live in a building with young folks and remind them of being courteous all the time.

The thing is they have life to experience and common sense to gain. You are already there. I would have a long talk with them. As far as the gifts, I can see them opening them when you are there.

Next time live with people your own age. Sometimes age is number, other times it is common sense.

This is great advice. Thank you.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 2:43pm
It was very childish of you to have a mutual friend give them YOUR gifts. I would've left that sh*t unopened on the floor, too.

You need to just not live with them.

I have learned I can't live with my friends. It doesn't mean we're still not friends. It's actually the best for your relationship because you truly don't know a person until you've lived with them and sometimes it's a side you don't want to see.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 2:44pm
And as for the dishes, there's nothing you can do about it. They'll eventually learn to not be disgusting when they get boyfriends who won't put up with it. Just move out. Don;t burn bridges.

Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:33pm
I can't move out, I'm stuck for 4 months
Thanks for the advice :)

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:02pm
I can't understand why you guys didn't pitch in to have a housekeeper or pay someone to do dishes from the jar called keep kitchen clean so we can have PEACE fund...Cussing is never the solution to a problem.

Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

I can't understand why you guys didn't pitch in to have a housekeeper or pay someone to do dishes from the jar called keep kitchen clean so we can have PEACE fund...Cussing is never the solution to a problem.

I wouldn't she'll out money for a cleaner when I can clean after myself... If anyone is paying for that it should be them

I understand cussing isn't the best solution but that's what can happen when someone is pushed to their limit... It wasn't the first, second, third or fourth time...

But I understand your points. Thank u

Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 12:31am

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

I wouldn't she'll out money for a cleaner when I can clean after myself... If anyone is paying for that it should be them

I understand cussing isn't the best solution but that's what can happen when someone is pushed to their limit... It wasn't the first, second, third or fourth time...

But I understand your points. Thank u

i definitely feel you on that one, esp at my job, til the point i seriously have to say..."Jesus take the wheel" and just give them that major side eye look...KIM...u do get that way..it builds up overtime and u have to let it out..u've been nice, cordial and then they r not listening and as time goes on ur like a bomb...just going off cause u had enough of their bullsh**it

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:10am
Mshairdo...any updates?

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:16am
Aww thanks for caring
none so far...they are both gone for the holidays until school starts back next week

Print Page | Close Window