Print Page | Close Window

Travel with or without your SO?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366996
Printed Date: Jul 20 2018 at 4:23am

Topic: Travel with or without your SO?
Posted By: SeeminglySweet
Subject: Travel with or without your SO?
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 2:54pm
You moved from Chicago to SoCal. You invited 4 guests (close friends, family) to come visit you for 5 days.

Guest 1 asks if he could bring his girlfriend, you tell him "No, I haven't met her, I don't think the first time we meet should be in my home."

He replies, "Okay, I understand. It's cool."

Guest 2 asks if she can bring her boyfriend, you give the same response. You've never met him, they've only been dating 3 months.

She cries, begs, and pleads to allow her bf to come. She says the main reason she wants him to come is to take her shopping.

So potentially you have just added 2+ guests...if you says yes to her, certainly you must say yes to the others as well.

Oh, and by the way 1 of the 2 remaining people has a SO as well, and if everyone else is allowed, they want to come too.

1. Do you allow 3 extra guests to attend this trip to your home to accommodate one person?

2. Do you allow people you've never met into your home (overnight)?

Replies:
Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 2:57pm
5 days, nope.
They can stay in a nearby hotel.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 2:58pm
I you single still say no....you might end up being the odd one out and no to having people in your home you don't know.....they can get a room or something.....all these couple fudging all over your house....no.

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:00pm
You keep it as is and they would have to deal with it.. If you say no s/o, then they can decide whether they want to show up or not.. I wouldn't want people I don't know in my house either..

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:00pm
Have them stay at a hotel

Posted By: Krystal Klear
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:02pm
Yes, unless they are thieves, I try to be hospitable and welcoming. Are they the unsavory rough types?

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:06pm
I wouldn't want people I'm meeting for the first time in my house for that long. What if I didn't like them, or if they have sticky fingers?

I personally thinks it's rude to expect your host to inconvenience themselves. I wouldn't even think to press the issue after you said no.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:29pm
Why you invite them people to you house for 5 days?
I don't like nobody that much....especially to be stayin' with me.

Posted By: SeeminglySweet
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:43pm
This isn't my struggle. But I do know half of these people...I do not know the SO's though.

I said the same thing, hotel or just don't go on the trip. I do not believe in strangers in my home, either.

The one begging has been dating 3 months, probably don't even know where his mama stay.

@KK, the ones I know are cool people, not "rough or unsavory".

@Sang I've invited family & friends to visit for a few days before, no big deal to me.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:46pm
It's 5 days. Why are they so pressed to have their SOs there? Jeez..

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 4:38pm
They should stay at a nearby hotel.

Now that the s/o are tagging along the whole trip and alldafun is ruined.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 7:58pm
Nope

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:29pm
Nope. I'm going to my brothers NYE party in DE me and SO already booked hotel.....

Posted By: 4shopiece
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 4:16am
if i was one of the guest and i wanted to bring a boo knowing you didnt know them at all or well enough i would let you know we gonna stay at a hotel instead

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 8:07am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

You moved from Chicago to SoCal. You invited 4 guests (close friends, family) to come visit you for 5 days.

Guest 1 asks if he could bring his girlfriend, you tell him "No, I haven't met her, I don't think the first time we meet should be in my home."

He replies, "Okay, I understand. It's cool."

Guest 2 asks if she can bring her boyfriend, you give the same response. You've never met him, they've only been dating 3 months.

She cries, begs, and pleads to allow her bf to come. She says the main reason she wants him to come is to take her shopping.

So potentially you have just added 2+ guests...if you says yes to her, certainly you must say yes to the others as well.

Oh, and by the way 1 of the 2 remaining people has a SO as well, and if everyone else is allowed, they want to come too.

1. Do you allow 3 extra guests to attend this trip to your home to accommodate one person?

2. Do you allow people you've never met into your home (overnight)?

tell em fucck no

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 9:00am
I don't have any people stay at my house that long....what is the saying...

Guests are  like fish, they begin to smell after three days."

Also, for me I don't stay at anyone's house, I just pay for an hotel.
If I have to stay it is not more than one night...and I don't even do that anymore.

I can hang out, stay for dinner, help clean up, even stay late but then go to.... our hotel room.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 10:19am
They better get on Priceline like they know how and if they cant afford the five days then they have bigger fish to fry than where they SO is sleeping. You know they gone be humping in your house, you really want random wet spots in your house?

Ewwwwwwww

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 11:25am
i mean--we probably just wouldn't come unless it was indicated this is a girls trip or boys trip only
see ya on the flip side homie
/shrugs/

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 6:32pm
When I moved to a new city, some of my family members would visit. They would bring their SO, friends, and others I didn't know. At first I didn't mind, but every time one of them would come visit it was always a surprised guest I didn't know. They would come to the city for whatever reason, mini vacay, concert, etc knowing they didn't have to pay for a hotel (the biggest part of the trip). Then I asked myself why I am allowing them (grown ass family members/strangers) to run up in my place, in and out willy nilly. After that whenever they said they were coming, I told them cool, they just gonna have to get a hotel lol.. boy they were mad. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 6:43pm
I may be confused (lol) but I think it would be ok.  

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

oh wait, it's a girl trip?? 

then the answer is no.LOL

Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 6:46pm
lol, reminds me of the 'can guests have sex in your home?' threadSSsssss

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

lol, reminds me of the 'can guests have sex in your home?' threadSSsssss
I would kick them out in the middle of the night for that. Ugh DeadDeadDead

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 7:36pm
I'd tell them their SO's aren't invited. The End. If it's a problem, don't come or have them stay in a hotel and you can hang out when we have nothing planned.

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 7:49pm
Somehow for some strange random reason today i remembered that thread were PH was like YASSS come get freaky in my house just strip the bed and drop the linens in the washing machine when you leave. And she also mentioned guest have mentioned that her set up was romantic. PH LMKS man so i can recreate it when Im a home ownerEmbarrassed

Probably cause Im one delirious with sickness right now and im a house guest. 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 8:42pm
I remember that thread, PH is cool for that. I wouldn't go five days without having sex and wouldn't expect guest to either.

Anywho, I go where my boo goes

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

When I moved to a new city, some of my family members would visit. They would bring their SO, friends, and others I didn't know. At first I didn't mind, but every time one of them would come visit it was always a surprised guest I didn't know. They would come to the city for whatever reason, mini vacay, concert, etc knowing they didn't have to pay for a hotel (the biggest part of the trip). Then I asked myself why I am allowing them (grown ass family members/strangers) to run up in my place, in and out willy nilly. After that whenever they said they were coming, I told them cool, they just gonna have to get a hotel lol.. boy they were mad. 

I would have just charged my own little "kick in fo' the rent" fee Embarrassed

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I remember that thread, PH is cool for that. I wouldn't go five days without having sex and wouldn't expect guest to either.

Anywho, I go where my boo goes

I love it!LOL

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Somehow for some strange random reason today i remembered that thread were PH was like YASSS come get freaky in my house just strip the bed and drop the linens in the washing machine when you leave. And she also mentioned guest have mentioned that her set up was romantic. PH LMKS man so i can recreate it when Im a home ownerEmbarrassed

lol
that was  in the Unmarried couples visiting thread. I think Dreamz and Freedom said they laid out a romantic setting for guests too. I wasn't to the only one .

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 7:38pm
If it's a girls only trip or a cousins only trip we like to have then no.
We all know to leave our SOs where they are.

But I hate being without my sugarpop cantaloupe if I can help it.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I  so love your avi...and it is so true with me at sephora..2123 pts for me and headin back there this weekend to purchase more items..LOLLOLLOL

"so sorry didn't mean to hi-jack ur thread"

carry on folks

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

lol
that was  in the Unmarried couples visiting thread. I think Dreamz and Freedom said they laid out a romantic setting for guests too. I wasn't to the only one .

yeah i don't very much care if ppl have sex in my home
i'd be more upset if someone didn't clean up after themselves than if they fugged in the guest room
sex is a natural thing, get your freak on.
if i hear them, i know i'll tease them about it in the morningLOL

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 1:00am
ummm It sounds like these couples are trying to get a little mini vacation with free lodging.

Print Page | Close Window