Forum Name: Beauty Tips - General
Forum Description: General Discussions on Beauty Tips
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366920
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 11:05am

Topic: Makeup for visible pores?
Posted By: sexyandfamous
Subject: Makeup for visible pores?
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:02pm
I don't know how to get rid of those open pores in my cheeks, they are very visible and hideous, taking care of my skin makes no difference, so now I am wondering if anyone has tips on foundations or concealers or ANYTHING that hides open pores?!

it looks something like this:

Replies:
Posted By: mamashortyduwop
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:11am
I have this same problem. New to this make up thing so any advice would be appreciated.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:04pm
bump!
I found this Etude House Ghassouls Clay that is used for pore shrinkage, has anyone tried rhassoul on their pores?

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:10pm
You should apply make up in a upward motion. It fills up the pores, there usba video on youtube.

Date Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 11:53pm
The problem with makeup is that it just masks the problem; it is not a solution. I want those things gone!

Well, I found a DIY recipe that is a cheap alternative to Biore Cleansing Pores Strips -or whatever it is called, found http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=397787#397787" rel="nofollow - here :

1 tsp unflavoured gelatin (i think in the USA knox is a popular brand?)
1-1 1/2 ts milk

mix the ingredients and microwave for 10 seconds or so till warm and dissolved properly. Use either a cosmetic brush or (better) one of those plastic spatulas that come in the bikini-line kits (!) to brush the mixture on your chin and/or nose. Leave it to dry for ten mins or so, it'll get quite stiff. Then you just peel it off, along with all the horrible gunky stuff that's been blocking your pores!

I also read on makeupalley that Aztec Clay Mask is good to clean your pores, so I want to try them, but first I need to end the clay mask I have at home - I don't want to buy stuff when I have pretty much the same product at home.

Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:33pm
I noticed my pores are less visible. I think the vitamin C serum + aloe vera masks really helped.
Anyways, I just got this Garnier Clean + Blackhead Eliminating Scrub, and I plan in using it twice a week. It contains charcoal powder, so it may be the solution to my problem.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 1:02am
I don't think the Garnier Blackhead Scrub is helping. I see no difference.
I need to try the gelatin mix I posted.

I stopped the vit C serum for a while but I am back to it. It is very hot here, and my mixed combination skin is getting greasy.

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 11:29pm
bump!

I purchased Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque at Sally's Beauty today and applied it on my cleansed face. I added an extra layer of the masque on my pores and let the masque dry, then washed it off with warm water. My pores are tightened and just a tiny bit of them are visible! I am really happy with my purchase!

It felt a bit tingly, but nothing that bothered me much. Totally worth it!

Date Posted: Oct 06 2014 at 7:16pm
update: I spoke a bit too soon. The masque did help a bit, but now I see that it is a hit or miss kinda deal: sometimes it works on my pores, others it makes no difference.

Date Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 7:19pm
I found a video on youtube where this esthetician says that you should do a mask bootcamp: apply clay mask on your face or oily t-zone if you have combination skin for 2 weeks.

skip to 2:22

I have combination skin so I am applying on my forehead, nose and cheeks to get rid of large pores. I am going to try it and see if it helps.

Date Posted: Dec 30 2014 at 2:34pm
update: i didn't follow the 2-week challenge, but i noticed that when my pores are cleaner, they look smaller. since i have combination skin - oily + dry - I get blackheads on my pores
so when i exfoliate with my http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-Yellow/dp/B007IAE5WY/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_rp_a1_2_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=14ZQP1F45F2NX7K81B80" rel="nofollow - Salux towel , it cleanses the pores and if I use the Queen Helene masque, it helps tighten my pores a bit.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2015 at 1:38pm
I got this set that Sephora offered in exchange of 500 points from Boscia.

It has

1 Pore Purifying Black Strip
1 Luminizing Black Mask
1 Revitalizing Black Hydrating Gel
1 Detoxifying Black Cleanser

I am going to use the cleanser morning and night daily; use witch hazel or watered acv as toner, then use the hydrating gel also in the am and pm, and try the black mask twice a week.

If those things help me out a bit with my enlarged pores, I will buy the regular size items.

Date Posted: Jan 26 2015 at 4:19pm
I tried the black mask on my cleansed face, but applied only on my t-zone. I peeled it off after 30m or so. I didn't see any difference to be honest.

I still have a whole container of Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, so I am going to apply every day on my t-zone until it dries off then remove it - as per the video I posted in the previous page.
I may do this for 10 days or 2 weeks. I want to see if that will help keep the pores a bit "clean" so they will be less gross looking.

Date Posted: Jan 29 2015 at 5:48pm
I am still trying the Queen Helene's masque. Later today I am going to do the Boscia black mask on my t-zone only.
I am still following the Boscia regimen, except for one day this week that I didn't do it because I read in a book that you should give your skin a day off from all the skincare products.

Date Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 12:52pm
So I did the Queen Helene's 10-day challenge. What I noticed was clean pores, and sometimes tighter pores. Some really shrunk but most stayed the same. I think it is worth it to do it, especially in antecipation to some special event.

I started 3 nights ago to apply Green Peeling Oil (GPO) on my face, so I am not doing the Boscia regimen at night. I apply one layer of GPO on Tuesday night, 2 layers on Wednesday night, but on Thursday it was very uncomfortable to apply only 1 layer, so I stuck to that.
I am going to apply 2 layers today, unless it burns.

Date Posted: Feb 18 2015 at 1:08am
Well, after my semi fail doing the green peeling oil, I noticed a small change on my face, and my pores seem to behave better.

When the micropeeling was over, I did a zinc mask which is a mixture of vitamin A + diaper rash cream.
I use Boudreaux - the red tube - and mixed it with a bit of vitamin A that I got >>> http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Vitamin-A-retinol-palmitate_p_319.html" rel="nofollow - here .

I went to sleep with this masque and in the morning I removed it and applied some sheet mask on my face just 'cause, for about 15 minutes. My face actually didn't look or felt dry. Anyways, after shower, I noticed most of my pores were tight and much less visible.

I think the Green peeling Oil can be useful for people with large pores. I did not follow instructions correctly and that's why I did not experience peeling like most people do.
You can buy it >>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/110526462072" rel="nofollow - here .
More info on the GPO; reviews, pics, experiences with it >>>> http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/41960/green-peeling-oil-101" rel="nofollow - here .

I do want to find some makeup to help with my pores because I know I may never find a skincare solution to it so makeup will have to do it. I'm still on the lookout for it.

Date Posted: Feb 18 2015 at 1:09am
I am getting back to the Boscia regimen.

I may do again the 10-day clay masque challenge using Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque. But to be honest I don't think I need it....

Date Posted: Feb 23 2015 at 5:55pm
I have been sick since last Sunday, but I am getting better, so today I will apply the Boscia Black Mask on my face and get back on the Boscia regimen.
My pores are still a bit tighter than it used to be, so I recommend doing the Green Peeling Oil. I plan in doing it again if not next week, sometime in March, before my Spring Break.

I also think the QH Mint Julep masque really helped my pores to be much much less clogged. They are indeed large, but now they are cleaner, so that makes them a bit less noticeable.StarStar

Oh! I am also doing my zinc mask twice this week, maybe 3x, since last week I didn't take care of my skin at all.

Posted By: Bunnybanx
Date Posted: Mar 25 2015 at 10:32pm
Have you ever heard of the benefit of niacinamide for large pores ? I ordered a 5% niacinamide serum its supposed to help with acne, dark spots and large pores. my pores have been gigantic since I was 14 and had an allergic reaction to bug bites Cry

Date Posted: Mar 25 2015 at 11:41pm
never heard of it, but i googled it and found a study about it saying that concluded that it works in the reduction of sebum in the pores.
i saw good reviews on amazon for one with 5% niacinamide.
i am going to consider that

Posted By: lollypop
Date Posted: Apr 03 2015 at 3:38am
cool video 

Date Posted: Apr 06 2015 at 12:43am
I am going to use my zinc mask twice a week for now on to see if it helps my pores stay tight longer. Maybe 4 days a week longer, that's what I meanLOL

Posted By: lollypop
Date Posted: May 20 2015 at 11:57am
aww looking terrible 

Date Posted: May 20 2015 at 2:28pm
well, when i applied the zinc mask every night for a few nights, i noticed that the pores were smaller
so i got a cheap solution - finally!

keeping pores clean is important to make them less visible, but diaper rash cream mixed with vitamin A really helped me.

Posted By: marianclare
Date Posted: Jun 04 2015 at 4:57am

You can treat your pores by using a homemade sugar scrub. Sugar works as a natural exfoliating agent to help break up scar tissue and unclog skin pores. You can use white granulated sugar for face and brown for body.

Date Posted: Jun 13 2015 at 6:58pm
Due to finals week and presentations at school, I neglected my skin for a bit. Today I washed with African Black Soap, then applied Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, let it dry, washed it off and my pores were clean. I patted my face dry then applied Boscia's black mask on my t-zone, but not on chin. I am going to let it dry and peel it off, to make sure my pores are clean.

I am going to apply Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque daily for a couple weeks to keep my pores clean.

Date Posted: Jun 15 2015 at 4:39pm
Today I washed my face with African Black Soap, exfoliated with Garnier Eliminating Scrub and applied the Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask on my face, not just the t-zone area. I washed it off with cold water.

I am going to apply the Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask daily on my t-zone area - forehead, nose, cheeks - but once in a while I'll do like today and apply on my whole face.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2015 at 12:22pm
I restarted 2 nights ago to apply Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque on my t-zone area to cleanse my pores. I am also applying vitamin C serum every day to see if it helps. But I am going to use my zinc mask next time I have somewhere important to go because that really tightens my pores.

Date Posted: Jul 13 2015 at 10:43pm
I am getting a facial tomorrow. If it helps, I will have a facial monthly.

Date Posted: Jul 16 2015 at 10:46pm
I had a facial this week and that included extractions. The blackheads on my nose are gone, and my pores pretty much shrunk to the point where they are 10% visible, in certain angles and by looking really close.

I am going to keep my face cleansed and watch to see how long the results from the extractions will last. I was thinking in getting a facial every other month. The plus side of it was that my esthetician was great and I did not have downtime from the facial and the extractions are not bruised up.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2015 at 1:15pm
I purchased a Clarisonic Mia 2 - it has 2 speeds - and I use the highest speed. I use it twice, even though with only 1 application my pores look much better. Not only cleaner but somewhat less visible. If I use the clarisonic in the am, I use it 2x and then if I use it at night, I do it twice again. The first time is to clean and the second time to remove anything that the first time may have missed - I hope that makes sense.

My skin is smoother, cleaner and all the lotions and creams I apply later seem to be really absorbed by my skin rather than looking like it is sitting on top of my skin.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2016 at 12:38am
i changed the head brush of my clarisonic recently... you are supposed to change it every 3 months.
clarisonic still helps me with my large pores, but having a facial helps too. i haven't used my queen helene mint julep masque in months, but that's because i don't really like waiting for it to dry. i am going to start using it again so i won't have to do facials monthly.

Date Posted: Jun 16 2016 at 12:55pm
lol i haven't used the QH mint julep masque yet, but my pores are definitely looking much better than when I created this thread. clarisonic helps A LOT, especially if you use it twice a day for 2 minutes each time rather than the one minute.

i take collagen type 2 by neocell and it helped my lashes grow and also helped to shrink my pores a bit. but i would say what helps a lot besides MIA 2 is doing cosmetic acupuncture. it makes your body produce more collagen.  

Posted By: barelyreal
Date Posted: Nov 09 2016 at 2:48pm
When I added clay masks and facials to my skin care regimen I saw a lot of progress.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2017 at 4:20pm
wow i forgot about this thread! so happy i created it, because i read my last posts and this is what i have to say as an update:

clarisonic mia2: it helps cleanse my skin 10x better than anything i have used, but it does not unclog pores or makes them less visible for more than an hour or so

queen helene mint julep masque: i never used for a full month, but for the period i used daily, i noticed the appearance of my pores improved.

facials: the only thing that makes a huge difference, but needs to be done every month. i have yet to have a facial that fixes my large pore problem for a full month - more like two weeks tops

i started yesterday night with Caolin Pore Tightening Memory Sleeping Mask. It is a mask that you apply a thin layer on your face after cleansing, and let it stay overnight. This morning when I woke up, my nose was glowing. I think I put too much because 2 hours after applying it to my skin, my face still felt a bit sticky.

I read my 2015 post about the zinc mask being good to tighten pores.
What I plan to do this month about those large pores:

queen helene mint julep mask daily on t-zone -starting today
zinc mask twice a week
caolin mask 6 nights a week -started yesterday

I read on that Japanese Skincare Revolution book that you should let your skin breathe one day of the week and apply nothing except sunscreen before going out.

I will update next month, if BHM is still onShocked

Date Posted: Jan 19 2017 at 1:00am
i am so bad with routines, i already stopped what i was doing.

but i did use the caolin mask 6 nights in a week and did not see a huge difference...

i am going to restart my routine, but instead of caolin 6x a week, i will do 3x and zinc mask 2x
queen heleen i will do 6x a week, and let my skin rest one day of the week

Date Posted: Aug 18 2017 at 9:35am
lmao i did not keep up with that routine. i still have a lot of that caolin mask... barely used it. 

what gave me results was facial acupuncture. the pores have shrunk beautifullySmile

Posted By: clarkan9
Date Posted: Sep 21 2017 at 12:33pm
I need some help with this problem too

Print Page | Close Window