Print Page | Close Window

I finally got it done

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366914
Printed Date: Sep 21 2017 at 2:39am

Topic: I finally got it done
Posted By: sugabanana
Subject: I finally got it done
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:21pm
Mod please don't kill me. I couldn't find the section for hair issues.

So y'all know I been telling y'all I wanted a hair transplant right. After watching destiny's videos and watching that doggone post your hair thread...I finally took the plunge and flew out to Cali to et it done. I have pics but I'm trying to figure out how to blurr my face. I beg please don't quote. The whole procedure started at 7 and finished at 7 and I was out the door. The only part that hurt was when they were numbing me up. That Issa hurt like a mug but other than that I was smooth sailing.

I told y'all already I was having issues with my crown area which literally meant I had no hair there. It was from constant use of those dumb high ponytails with the microwave curls I wore throught out highschool. THe bobby pins not the ones with the rubber tips the ones made by the debil with the sharp tips is what did my crown in. So dr. Diep said I needed 3000 grafts with an option of a-cell so eveything was $10000. My appointment was 6:30 in the morning and he did the whole video thing where you cover you face and all then it started. He shaved the back for the donor area then shaved the front. I looked like George Jefferson to say the least when he was done shaving. I got numbed up real good then he extracted the strip from the back. He then used some tool to puch holes in my scalp to transfer the donor hair. His assistants started placing the hair. 4 girls cut the grafts and 3 girls placed the grafts. I ended up with 3500 he said he let me go ahead and have it since there was extra and no sense in it going to waste.

He informed me of how to wash my scalp and gave me a lot of drugs. I thought my face would look jacked up like Destiny's but its not. If you look at me you can never tell anything happened. Will figure out how to load my blurred pics shortly. Anyone that's had this done how did you wear your hair to work? Dr said you can't wear wigs but could wear a weave. I was like huh? I will just rock hats until the hair grows out. This dude is super busy since Destiny's video had gone viral. I had to beg for my appointment cos he was booked till February 6 days a week no Sundays. His wife wasn't having that.

Anyway ask all the questions you want.

Replies:
Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:29pm
congratulations on the procedure Thumbs Up *waits for pics*

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:32pm
congrats! 

so you only got your crown area done? so new hair will grow there.. but won't it grow slower everywhere else? you mentioned having really slow growth.. 

its crazy you can wear weaves but not wigs.. not even if its a glueless wig? 

how long is healing time? 

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:32pm
Oh wow! Congrats. That sounds painful even though you were numbed. Is your scalp sore? Does the hair match your color and texture perfectly?

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:35pm
59 80 stares and only 3 of these bishes say anything...i see you's

anyway, Shug...congrats...im sure you feel great having done it. If i had the $ i'd do a hairline transplant (naturally fine edges but i dont like it) i just want it full and over

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:35pm
pics?

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:40pm
i want to get it too

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:47pm
more power to ya!! Clap

awesome & congrats suga!! Smile

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:49pm
Suga,I am happy for you!!!

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:53pm
Yayyyyyyyyy SugaHugThumbs Up

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:55pm
You go girl!

Posted By: Adinkrah
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:03pm
Congratulations can't wait to see pics :)

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:04pm
You gotta do what makes you happy! Very brave of you for taking such a step. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:13pm
yay su   Im happy for you.  can you in box me pics?  you knwo my whoas im havingCry

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:20pm
Congrats!! Thanks for letting us know!

I want to get it done but the way my pockets are set up...

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Congrats!! Thanks for letting us know!

I want to get it done but the way my pockets are set up...

LOLLOL

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:31pm
Congratulations

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:57pm
Congratulations SugaB! Are you feeling okay?

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 4:59pm
Im glad you did suga!  

real hair growing from your scalp?   not sure why more people don't do it!!!!

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 5:55pm
Yaaaassss girl real hair from the back growing in the front. II will post pics when I get home. Watch out G kisses I'm about to be blowing in the gatdamnnnnn wind. Mind you the hair is only 1/8 of an inch long but y'all get the point.

It's super expensive and you have to find the right doctor that specializes in black hair. Let me see if I can find a before picture in my photobucket so y'all can see I wasn't playing. I tried every oil on Gods green erffff.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 5:58pm
Do you boo.....whatever makes you happy.....lawd knows when I have babies I'm getting my chi-chis done.....I was gonna say post the pics up yonder in the VIP elite lounge.....

Posted By: Joja1107
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:06pm
Congrats!! Fast healing and happy growing!!

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:13pm
So this is what I was working with. I shaved it all off like 5 times thinking Jbco, essential oils and rogaine would spruce it back up. Once you stop using rogaine what ever grew will disappear within 3 months.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:18pm
hey, sugabear Smile

thanks for sharing. congrats girlie! very brave of you!

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:22pm
Congratulations
Any link to the destiny video? I've never seen it.

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:25pm
Suga *high five* thanks for showing BHM and the Lurkers that this is available for us! *hugs*

$10000 USD [AK] GYAAALLLLLLLLLLL [/AK] let me hold a few G's

Can you put up the docs link?

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:26pm
so you have to use that stuff forever? hmm. never knew that

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:26pm
This is the donor area. Not bad at all. Mind you I got this done yesterday.
[/URL]

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:31pm
SB, Do you think that all that loss could be attributed to just those ponytails? That pattern looks very similar to male pattern baldness.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:32pm
Minny that's what I thought also. It was the ponytail and the glued in tracks to make that side swoop bang. No one in my family has male pattern baldness.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:33pm
Here are the transplanted hairs. All 3500 grafts.
[/URL]

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:34pm
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience, wishing you a speedy recovery. Great results ready

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:37pm
Ahh, ok! Well good luck, make sure to update us!

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:38pm
Congrats Suga!!! You have to do what makes you happy. 10K?!?!
Guurl let he hold a few thousand!

I wish I was brave enough to do that!!! I wish you happy healing and hair that swings in the wind!! :-)

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:42pm
That is so awesome! It is going to look great! I cannot wait to see you with a huge afro, cause you have some pretty hair!

Side note: your lashes are fierce!

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:43pm
this is her before
this is her after. It grew in really well.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:54pm
wow i have never seen or heard of hair grafting. please show us the progress in a few months. 

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:54pm
Yay suga.... I've been following your battle whenever you post about it I'm glad you found something that works.

Looks like its gonna come in good to.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:56pm
Thanks guys

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 6:57pm
this is so interesting. Heart 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 7:02pm
Congratulations!! !!! Big smile

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 7:08pm
Congratulations hun! I've been looking into this too! I'll send you a pm if that's ok?

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 7:21pm
Based on that video I think that was money well spent. I'm happy for you girl.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:17pm
Congratulations, I want to get to get the surgery too. Did You have to save up for long or did You finance?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:36pm
Ooooh wow! Congrats!

So many women (especially us Black women) can benefit from this surgery after all of the perms, glue, sew ins, etc that permanently damage our scalp. Thank you for being brave enough to show us the results!

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:07pm
Congrats Suga! You've been so generous with your hair sales/giveaways and helping us ladies out, you deserve a treat and I hope for all the success and speedy recovery Hug.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:18pm
good for you

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:32pm
Congrats and I hope you have a fast recovery and luscious hair!  You are brave!

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:34pm
Congrats

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:46pm
congrats girl....ClapClapClapClapHugParty...can't wait to see the pics...

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:52pm
my heart jumped at the grafted pic but the end result will be well worth it

very strong to shave your head and to actually get what you want done

$10K is well worth it ... last much longer than a car

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:40am
How long before you see some new growth?

If it does take what is the next option.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 7:42am
Congrats Sugar I'm happy for you & I'm glad you're sharing with everyone. Takes courage!! All the best mama!

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:28am
Wishing you a speedy recovery and a full head of hair blowing in the wind!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:34am
Congrats s.b

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:17am
congrats su ...Did you have to save for a long time?

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:40am
Congrats!
Thanks for sharing :)

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:48am
Thanks for sharing, happy healing Smile

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:52am
Good for you! Happy healing!!

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:43am
I applaud your courage.   Thanks for sharing!

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:00am
I got financed for the surgery. They have 2 finance companies that will approve you. Care credit and Springstone capital. I got approved for both but I only ended up using 1.

According to what I've been hearing and videos and my million and 1 questions. The hair grafted will fall out then new  permanent hair will start growing which will be 3-5 months.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:04am

When I talk to people about their procedure people are so scared to show pics and tell me about their experience. I'm like its only hair. So I went ahead and decided to show you guys just incase you have a hard time with your research. I messaged Destiny a few times but didn't get responses cos I know her inbox is flooded past capacity. You guys can inbox me or just ask questions here. I'm not shy about it. I just wont show my face cos I know how messy(including me) the board can be.

I was like LAWD please put it in bunz heart not to make a wig snatched meme. Love you Bunz. I promise not to act ratchet.LOL

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:11am
CONGRATS!! So happy for you!  thanks for sharing! Big smile

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:12am
here's another video that he recently done for lowering the hairline. I'll be updating my progress as time goes by. I woke up this morning with slight mega mind on my forehead and had to sleep upright with those airplane pillows. but its only for a week.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:33am
This one I was shocked about cos she still had her braids in.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:43am
Suga... if it doesn't take, does he redo the procedure again.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Suga... if it doesn't take, does he redo the procedure again.

Good question Queen....... I don't think I've seen anyone that the hair didn't take since its your own hair. I haven't seen any bad reviews yet.

Posted By: Adinkrah
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:55am
Wow Suga that is amazing

Posted By: pebbles251
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:59am
wow congrats hun!

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 12:26pm
Congrats Sugabanaramma !!!!!!Tongue

I had no idea , Happy for you *salsas*

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 12:37pm
congrats!

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 12:45pm
Wow!

You are so candid. I wish more people would seen that this happens and stop being so judgmental.

BTW, love your lashes!

Congrats!

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 1:01pm
Congrats suga. I have a huge forehead. Could do with having more hair at front to lower my forehead

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 1:16pm
Ah Suga good for you doing this. I only knew of transplants from what they showed of that John guy with 8 children from tv. Glad that you shared and let other women know now. There is help for some with thinning. This seems a much more long term solution than the rogaine etc. 

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:04pm
wonderful. what did they tell you about the chances of infection etc? i find this procedure very interesting...

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

here's another video that he recently done for lowering the hairline. I'll be updating my progress as time goes by. I woke up this morning with slight mega mind on my forehead and had to sleep upright with those airplane pillows. but its only for a week.

are you sure you want your hairline so far down shug? it looks to me that it just needs to be lowered a little bit, but not so much...

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:18pm
congrats!

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

are you sure you want your hairline so far down shug? it looks to me that it just needs to be lowered a little bit, but not so much...

Hey wildfire that's not me. If my hair were like hers I would've kept my 10k. I didn't even have hair in my crown to do a middle part sewin.

Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 10:44am
Update yall....

So if your going to do this you need to take atleast a week off. Day 1 and 2 are ok as far as pain. No issues with that at all. Day 3 and 4 is for the swelling. It starts to move down to your face from your scalp. So all the fluids and numbing injections stuck underneath your scalp has to flow some where and where does it go? To your forhead. Yesterday I was megamind. Today i'm puff daddy. Face is swole but i don't care cos i'm still going out shopping with my chanel shades.LOL You have to sit upright when you sleep for a couple of days so the fluids can seep down. So I sleep with one of those airline neck pillows upright. 

You also have to remember to wash the donor site really well so you won't get infections. You dab the grafts but you wash the back real good. He gave me dissolveable sutures so I won't have to go back to get them taken out. You'll have to keep them in for 10 days. 

I still think its worth every got dang cent!!! Let me find something to sell around this house so I could make these payments and pay off my card quick!!

Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 10:53am

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Hey wildfire that's not me. If my hair were like hers I would've kept my 10k. I didn't even have hair in my crown to do a middle part sewin.

oooooh. cause honestly this lady doesnt look like she needs her hairline lowered at all
LOL

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 11:06am

Congrats!  I'm planning to get a  hair transplant in my eyebrows.  I love a lot over plucking in my 20s.  I'm looking to do this in Feb/March.

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 4:10pm
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to refer a couple of people to those videos. I have an aunt who

I also appreciate your humor. I literally laughed at the wig snatched comment and the Megamind reference.

Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 5:36pm
So my face literally looks like someone hit me with a book but it doesn't hurt at all. Its just swollen from the fluids. Here is a close up shot of my scalp now. 
[/URL]

Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 7:12pm
I wonder why Naomi Campbell never had this done

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 7:18pm
Doea it hurt

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I guess she can't be bothered with dealing with the down time.  I guess it doesn't bother her enough to get something done about it.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 11:32pm
Sugabanana is that the crown area where you got the transplant?

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 11:34pm
Congrats Suga!!!! I'm so happy for you!!PartyParty

Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 12:45am
Suga- why didnt you shave your entire head after the procedure and rock the bald look? That way your hair grows all at once all over.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Congrats!  I'm planning to get a  hair transplant in my eyebrows.  I love a lot over plucking in my 20s.  I'm looking to do this in Feb/March.

Where are they taking the hair from?   Are you getting them implanted in a natural arched style?

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Maybe its just as easy for her to slap on a wig then to go thru the rigors of surgery. 

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 1:55am
Suga.. were you awake during the procedure?

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:17am
YAY Suga!! I'm happy for you and wish you the best, and I hope your hair grows fuller and longer than all these girls on here who think theyre special cause.. let me stop hating

And LOLOL @ the George Jefferson comment..reminded me of your Freddy Douglas comment. I love people who can make fun of themselves

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 6:17am

So my face literally looks like someone hit me with a book but it doesn't hurt at all. Its just swollen from the fluids. Here is a close up shot of my scalp now. 
[/URL]

Wow! I support you girl! I am so happy for you.

.. this is all quite fasinating actually.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 9:32am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Suga.. were you awake during the procedure?

I was awake during the whole procedure watching MTV's teen mom. I couldn't find the bravo channel.LOL

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 9:46am
Ok Update yallll.... 

Hubby was pissed at the nappy bush in the back cos it was hard for him to help me wash the back since I couldn't comb it so he cut it all offAngry. So here are better pics of the stitches and donor area. Stitches will be taken out tomorrow. Dr. said 10 days max even though the sutures are dissovleable he said not to let them sit longer. He also mentioned that the scar depends also on how long you let the sutures sit on your head. To me the scar doesn't look that obvious. 

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 10:11am

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 12:51pm
OUCH!!!

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 1:01pm
that scar isnt bad at all.  its gonna heal nicelyThumbs Up

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 1:16pm
Oh no - that scar is fine!Your hair will grow over that for sure.

I think cutting it all off and starting over is best.

Print Page | Close Window