Print Page | Close Window

If a person looks better without makeup

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366904
Printed Date: Jan 23 2018 at 10:45am

Topic: If a person looks better without makeup
Posted By: liesnalibis
Subject: If a person looks better without makeup
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:43am
(on camera), what is she doing wrong?

Replies:
Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:45am
elaborate

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:51am
umm, wearing make up? *seems like the answer to me*

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:56am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

elaborate
yes please could be many things

Maybe wearing the wrong foundation shade, not applying correctly such as blending and such

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:59am
You know when a person wears makeup and their face looks all one color and lacks depth...whereas without it may have some imperfections but overall the person looks younger and their skin more dewy and fresh.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:02am
impossible!!!!

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:02am
The makeup isn't the wrong color. It just takes all of the spark and glow and youth out of the person's skin.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

impossible!!!!

Take my word for it.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

You know when a person wears makeup and their face looks all one color and lacks depth...whereas without it may have some imperfections but overall the person looks younger and their skin more dewy and fresh.

oh this happens to me when i do full face. But I suck at applying make up so thats probably it, improper application/lack of skill or knowledge

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

oh this happens to me when i do full face. But I suck at applying make up so thats probably it, improper application/lack of skill or knowledge

Ohhhh...

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:12am
If a person look better without makeup ... that means they are wearing their makeup the wrong way.

I think all women should wear makeup - but only a SMALL amount just to ENHANCE their natural beauty. A lot of women wear makeup like a MASK though.

If they wear too much makeup or wear the wrong color etc .. it gets tp the point that they just look better with no makeup at all. :(

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:15am

The makeup isn't the wrong color. It just takes all of the spark and glow and youth out of the person's skin.

Makeup should not take OUT the glow and youth .. it should put IN the glow and youth. :O

Wow, they are wearing the makeup .... wrong if this is the case.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:22am
Oh ok, well I guess that person should just stick to a BB cream.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:50am

You know when a person wears makeup and their face looks all one color and lacks depth...whereas without it may have some imperfections but overall the person looks younger .

could be. my face looks more 'real' without makeup....i do think i look younger bare faced.

one thing i discovered is that when my brows arent done --filled in--i also look younger...kind of a little girly thing with the messy brows

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:36am
Sounds like she doesn't know how to put on makeup.

Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:44am
This thread is dedicated to Y.Gun

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:45am
I have a friend like that. She looks gorgeous without makeup and ok with it on. Her skin is naturally smooth and glowly and she has poreless looking skin and with makeup it looks dry.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

blasphemy

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:56am
Maybe some should use a more natural looking make up and the correct colors as well. I look younger without makeup, but my eyes look smaller without it lol. For me, I don't need much make up. A natural looking foundation and blush, eyeliner. I hardly use eyeshadow unless I want to feel special or going some place special.

Some don't use liquid foundation as well and look washed up because they didn't use the right one.

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 11:04am
Perhaps they need a different formulation. Powders and heavy cream based foundation tends to do this. You may need to use a setting spray to take away the super powdered look, use a luminescent or warm finishing powder, or use contouring/highlighting or blush to add dimension back to the face.

If this person has generally decent skin they can try using foundation in the trouble areas, blending well, then setting. They would still have that natural dimension to the face rather than a heavy mask like appearance. 

Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

blasphemy

No, haven't you seen her without makeup, she is absolutely stunning

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 11:42am
LOLLOLLOL

Omg why does mary look like she is roller skating in SL aviDead

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 12:10am
pics please...or tube videos

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 5:59am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Perhaps they need a different formulation. Powders and heavy cream based foundation tends to do this. You may need to use a setting spray to take away the super powdered look, use a luminescent or warm finishing powder, or use contouring/highlighting or blush to add dimension back to the face.

If this person has generally decent skin they can try using foundation in the trouble areas, blending well, then setting. They would still have that natural dimension to the face rather than a heavy mask like appearance. 
This

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:37am
I think a lot of people look more youthful without makeup. Less makeup may be the answer; just lightly conceal flaws.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 12:00pm
This is what happened to me on my graduation photos Ouch

Made my face look chunky because the natural shading under my cheekbones and around my eyes wasn't there. It looked fine in person and in the mirror but the camera ruined errythang.

Family members kept calling and asking if I had gained weight when they got my invitations.Cry

I made sure to fix it for my graduation day though.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:32am
i thought she looked better at 0:21 than at 4:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7oG2b4JKNU" rel="nofollow - x

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:37am
^^^^^ she is so cute...but i can't do all of that....shoot i still can't master the smokey eye look...

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 5:06am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Correct.

At 0:21 she looks great ... I would only add a bit of tinted lipgloss to make her lips POP and look kissable. :) But that's it. Her skin is youthful and perfect but ... with the mask-like application ... she is trying to improve on perfection .. which is impossible.

Other than that (though the makeup IS expertly applied) ... it's just OTT (over the top) for a daily look.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 8:37am

(on camera), what is she doing wrong?

everything...

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Correct.

At 0:21 she looks great ... I would only add a bit of tinted lipgloss to make her lips POP and look kissable. :) But that's it. Her skin is youthful and perfect but ... with the mask-like application ... she is trying to improve on perfection .. which is impossible.

Other than that (though the makeup IS expertly applied) ... it's just OTT (over the top) for a daily look.

I hope she doesn't do this routine everyday

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:11am
She did all of that to dayum near look the same.

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:32am
Girl in the vid's skin is fab.  *sigh* I need to work on acquiring some skills; I suck at makeup too. Cry

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 10:20am
idk makeup is supposed to enhance
but some artist are very skilled 
and they do transform
but you should look better when done

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 10:25am
it really is how you contour and highlight
but youtube got everybody drawing triangles on their faces
everybody does not have the same face structure
different faces need dif contour

A cheat sheet to contouring

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 11:34am
I think most are not about that full coverage foundation life. There's so much you have to do to bring your face back to life and most don't have the time or skill.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 11:42am
What's interesting is .. if you ask the average guy, he will always say he like the more natural look.

So alll this makeup is good for stage or screen etc .... but for going to work every day or even out on a date - it's too much. Looks like the girl is trying too hard.

All those above girls are already pretty - they just need a LITTLE something to polish them off.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:06pm
anybody got a recommendation for a good/great eyeshadow palette?

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

i like her before pic

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

The Urban Decay Naked palettes are nice. NYX and Sleek also make different palettes.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

The Urban Decay Naked palettes are nice. NYX and Sleek also make different palettes.

thankee!
doing some xmas gift shopping 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 2:55pm
Bought my sister some urban decay eyeliners....Might have to keep that and replace with it something else LOL

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Bought my sister some urban decay eyeliners....Might have to keep that and replace with it something else LOL

they do have great eyeliners...but NYX's gel eyeliners are right up there with UD..even more cheaper..prolly not a lot of color selections like UD..

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 3:58pm
not sure if it is good or not but I bought the sephora ultimate collection as a gift ... huge palette

uhmmm are there any pics of this better without makeup

(I guess not if this is only 5 pages lol)

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 4:03pm
Ricky, should that come u-p on google using sephora ultimate collection? I don't see it.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 10:22pm
Happy Holidays Purple!

Try the Sephora site?   If you still don't see, I'll look it up in my emails

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 10:25pm
u bought that humongous sephora makeup palette?

Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 10:27pm
Makeup Academy Blockbuster

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

they do have great eyeliners...but NYX's gel eyeliners are right up there with UD..even more cheaper..prolly not a lot of color selections like UD..

Oh really? Geek I might have to slid by target and get some then. Thank you. Saved me another 23 dollars lol

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 11:56pm

Oh really? Geek I might have to slid by target and get some then. Thank you. Saved me another 23 dollars lol

UD eyeliners were on sale for $6 each at sephora some months back.. cus they were revamping the look. 
i bought like 5 funky colors and never really used them except 2 colors, twice. and i didnt really know what i was doing. 

there are still a few colors on sale for 8 at the UD website.. 

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 12:38am

pay with cash gyal.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 12:51am
^^I know right

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 12:57am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Happy Holidays Purple!

Try the Sephora site?   If you still don't see, I'll look it up in my emails

is this it?

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Colorful Eyeshadow Portfolio
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Colorful Eyeshadow Portfolio

http://www.sephora.com/colorful-eyeshadow-portfolio-P377681?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P377681_image#" rel="nofollow"> thumb-1 http://www.sephora.com/colorful-eyeshadow-portfolio-P377681?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P377681_image#" rel="nofollow"> thumb-2 http://www.sephora.com/colorful-eyeshadow-portfolio-P377681?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P377681_image#" rel="nofollow"> thumb-3 http://www.sephora.com/colorful-eyeshadow-portfolio-P377681?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P377681_image#" rel="nofollow"> thumb-4 http://www.sephora.com/colorful-eyeshadow-portfolio-P377681?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P377681_image#" rel="nofollow"> thumb-5 http://www.sephora.com/colorful-eyeshadow-portfolio-P377681?icid2=MAKEUP_Whats_New_CAROUSEL_P377681_image#" rel="nofollow"> thumb-6

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Correct.

I hope she doesn't do this routine everyday

Heeeeeelllllll nawwwwww
http://www.miketyndall.com/todd_goldman/images/owl_graphic.gif

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:12am
Ulta sells NYX products...i didn;t know Target sold NYX line...

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 5:54am

Ulta sells NYX products...i didn;t know Target sold NYX line...
Yeah they just started a few months ago but mine only has a few items

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 7:38am
I need to learn how to highlight

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 9:21am
dem cheeks

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:22pm
...she just contoured and highlighted her face into looking like a big wide space....
i dont get it

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 2:37pm
Purple Dior posted the right pic ... it was only 50

Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 3:34pm
today only

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5870116&skuId=2265009&_requestid=87459&CID=af_10547009_4485850_" rel="nofollow - http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5870116&skuId=2265009&_requestid=87459&CID=af_10547009_4485850_

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:29am
I think I want those UD palettes, even though I just bought the 88 neutral palette from BH cosmetics (great site by the way)

Print Page | Close Window