Print Page | Close Window

Pssst.. Newbies Its Time For A Huddle

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366861
Printed Date: Oct 20 2018 at 3:55am

Topic: Pssst.. Newbies Its Time For A Huddle
Posted By: Princess Grace
Subject: Pssst.. Newbies Its Time For A Huddle
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 11:41am
As I exhale, where do I even begin.....Cry

No Matter what Aliexpress, Alibababa or your Fav YT Guru says they are NOT running around scalping Brazilian women to sell us hair. Its just not happening . It is BRAZILIAN TEXTURE hair, and it is 9 times out of 10 not VIRGIN. I mean seriously 100% VIRGIN BRAZILAIN BODY WAVEConfusedConfused. Virgin is hair is its natural state, not body waved, not kinked, not yaki but the way it left the donors head and that includes steam processing.

You will NOT get quality hair for $125 for 3 bundles of hair. Now everyone has their own ideas of quality. Some people feel if they get 1 install and it doesnt dreadlock for the 2 months they wore it then thats a bargain, if so carry on and do what you do. In the long run you are not really saving $$$ if you are buying hair every other month. (I still have hair from 2008)..

The Lazy weavewoman works the hardest, yeah you can piggyback off some other BHM members last purchase but do your own research.  So  you won't spend the next month after your purchase looking for threads on how to untangle some wild boar weave.  If you dont believe me Google Roman weave.Cry

Do I even need to address hair that smells like Corn Chips??????

Just say no to Instagram hair companies.... If they shut down their account tomorrow then what? I can go get one of those CC swipers on my HTC phone to get your coins doesnt mean Im a freakin legit bidness. With a good flatiron I can make even wildabeast hair look cute in a selfie, that dont mean diddly.

I know its sad but in most cases you now have to research the poster asking questions about hair comapanies. Yeah they have 56 posts but if you look at those posts it involves comments like "cute, nice install and other BS posts".  They are just trying to get free advertisement for their website on the under.

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. Dont let desperation be your weave downfall. The horror stories usually end with comments like I was in a rush, it was a good deal, someone on YT said.

You have to be honest with yourself, only you know your hair situation. If Lisa on YT bought some hair and she has fine hair and didnt use a closure her hair matches Virgin Indian wavy hair, YOU on the other hand has 4B grade you lil momma need a closure. Do not think some Edge control is gonna rectify all that is wrong mmkay.

I hope this helps at least one Newbie, Lawd talk of hair gel on installs, pics of weave delivered in a food box, and other posts in the Newbie section prompted this posts. Also the weave disasters at the mall yesterday broke my heart.

Replies:
Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 12:59pm
Thumbs UpGirl....and bump this ever so often so when they sign up this will be the first thing they read...EVEN THOUGH SOME REFUSE TO READ.

Posted By: pRiNCesSChANeL
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 1:56pm
this is a good post!!

Posted By: BeautyAddiction
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 2:08pm
LOL!!!! TRUE!!!

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 3:09pm
This should be a sticky forever.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:22pm
Excellent post.

Posted By: Daymarme
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:45pm
ClapWow, thank you sooooo much for this helpful post. Unfortunately I read your post too late because I took the plunge last week and bought my first ever order of "virgin" hair. Since I'm new to this whole virgin hair thing, I went with AliExpress. Now after reading your post, you know I'm gonna give my hair the side eye when it comes in the mail. LOL But thanks for the info anyways PG,it will help me with future purchases. :) That's the kind of stuff we need around here! I'm taking notes girl. 

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:48pm
Can I 10 star this thread?

Posted By: WhitWhit86
Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by keeloIo1 keeloIo1 wrote:

Can I 10 star this thread?

This is how i feel!

Date Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Thumbs UpGirl....and bump this ever so often so when they sign up this will be the first thing they read...EVEN THOUGH SOME REFUSE TO READ.

They read they just have their weave blinders on and see what they wanna see. Its a poster sitting right now who read the post and thought" who dis heffa think she is" Well Im just a poster with yummy soft loose Malaysian kinky curls in my head who's hair doesn't reek of corn ships, whos hair didn't come in a Folgers coffee box, who doesn't have a cobra crawling up her neck disguised as weave trying to find some silicon mix, a paddle brush and the best detangler to unmangle some wildabeast hair is all.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

They read they just have their weave blinders on and see what they wanna see. Its a poster sitting right now who read the post and thought" who dis heffa think she is" Well Im just a poster with yummy soft loose Malaysian kinky curls in my head who's hair doesn't reek of corn ships, whos hair didn't come in a Folgers coffee box, who doesn't have a cobra crawling up her neck disguised as weave trying to find some silicon mix, a paddle brush and the best detangler to unmangle some wildabeast hair is all.
This and some refuse to read...and go as far as venturing into your inbox asking for information that has been posted here over and over

Posted By: FirstLady_CoCo
Date Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 11:27am
Thank YOU for going in on these Instagram hair companies!!!! I don't wanna put any specific ones out there but they know they gets over with that tacky coated hair that lasts for maybe two weeks. Smfh.

Posted By: chasityraven
Date Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 12:06pm
Just what I needed to read, before buying a rats nest for NYE smh, thank you!

Date Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by FirstLady_CoCo FirstLady_CoCo wrote:

Thank YOU for going in on these Instagram hair companies!!!! I don't wanna put any specific ones out there but they know they gets over with that tacky coated hair that lasts for maybe two weeks. Smfh.

I don't know of any specific ones, my GF ordered from one and GIRLLLLLLLL we went out for drinks and it was like a badger was sitting on her neck by the time the bill came. , I was ready to tie my scarf around her head so we could make our escape out the door. The whole time she was talking I was just watching that caterpillar disguised as weave inch up.

If they are NOT professional enough to invest in a website then why would they care about your coins. I mean you can order your own hair from Aliexpress. A stylist in Detroit on Friday told me she can order me a lace closure and bleach the knots for a additional $25 , oh and the 14" closure was $140 . Needless to say I wont be calling her back ever. She got life ed up.

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by FirstLady_CoCo FirstLady_CoCo wrote:

you can say that again!

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 9:40pm
Great post Princess Grace.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 6:26am
Thank you.

I also thought this should go without saying but if you are natural, hair GEL SHOULD have nothing and I repeat NOTHING to do with your leaveout. Yes you can use it to slick down those edges BUT when it dries nothing good will come from that.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:58am

You will get this...from a fashion/hair blogger

Thank you.

I also thought this should go without saying but if you are natural, hair GEL SHOULD have nothing and I repeat NOTHING to do with your leaveout. Yes you can use it to slick down those edges BUT when it dries nothing good will come from that.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:51am

Thank you.

LOL True!

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

You will get this...from a fashion/hair blogger

Thank you.

That shyt right there
So she thinks 10 Inches of taco meat hair balls and some type of Malaysian curly hair is the hotness???? She better have ZERO subscribers, she gives the saying the blind leading the blind a whole new meaning.

If she don't get some afro kinky curl and stop being delusional I know something.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:38pm
People went at her and she took the picture down...I believe she is now wearing a lace wig or a closure wig. Truth hurts lol

Posted By: chrispyxchreme
Date Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 6:45pm
Yes to everythingggg you said. One day the children will learn. LOL

Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by chrispyxchreme chrispyxchreme wrote:

Nope cause some of them still looking for EP quality hair on ALI but I digress.

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 8:34pm

LOLEmbarrassedOuchDisapprove
So it's better to invest in good hair?
It seems like most vendors/hair is going down in quality.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

LOLEmbarrassedOuchDisapprove
So it's better to invest in good hair?
It seems like most vendors/hair is going down in quality.

I would rather give Wagmans $400 than roll the dice and hope the 4 bundles I got off of Aliexpress are any good but that's just me. If you are constantly buying hair for every install you are not saving any money anyway. Example, I love Dollface to death, loved the silktop from April Lace Wigs, I went to that site and saw that the wig was $350 or some stupid shyt and kept it moving. Its not that I haven't spent that kind of money on hair before, it was just the principle.

I don't know what anyones money situation is, but if you know you don't have money to keep buying hair then IMO I would rather save and buy some EP over hoping what this girl on YT said is true.

I have noticed a lot of these hair companies tend to send reviewers better hair than the average client will get. Also If she slapped that wig on and is reviewing 3 days later that review don't count. Its a bunch of reasons why her hair journey could be different than yours. If she has 20 wigs, u parts and whatnot she is not wearing the same one everyday so hers will last longer vs the girl who only BUYS one wig and doesn't get the same outcome.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 7:01pm
Great post...totally agree.

Posted By: LoandBehold
Date Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 10:20am
Oh wow, I suppose I must be one of those Newbies that just is impatient and with limited time - work is so hectic - I hope that I have not made a mistake with my recent purchase which was not cheap at all. To be honest, it is so overwhelming to find any pertinent information as there is so much and it is not easy to find - also this seems to be a case of " one man's meat is another man's poison" as there are frequently opposing views. It may be an idea to have some sort of voting system so that we could all vote on vendors or something like that to simplify the system...it is such a minefield but really appreciate the guidance when you can find the time to read through all the posts. Thanks very much to all the contributors - much appreciated
L

Posted By: iyawo814
Date Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 5:18pm

@PrincessGrace....I love you for this post!!

I have been rocking the same QUALITY hair for almost a year now. I work to hard to gamble my money away on some BS. I've been fooled by YT reviews once....never again!

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by iyawo814 iyawo814 wrote:

@PrincessGrace....I love you for this post!!

I have been rocking the same QUALITY hair for almost a year now. I work to hard to gamble my money away on some BS. I've been fooled by YT reviews once....never again!

If one person learns then I feel my job is done.Cry

Posted By: etowngirl22
Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 8:10pm
how do you ladies switch up your styles though? I'm not trying to have a lame ass hair cut but i'll be damned if I go layering, coloring, cutting etc. some $400 hair

is there a way that people take down their installs and then reinstall so the wefts are in the exact same configuration? You still wouldn't be able to switch things up too much but at least then you'd be able to rock a cute cut for a few installs in a row

I can definately see your point if you rock a signature style, but it seems to me that the cheap so-called "virgin" hair is ideal if you're more experimental? Just trying to understand better

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

how do you ladies switch up your styles though? I'm not trying to have a lame ass hair cut but i'll be damned if I go layering, coloring, cutting etc. some $400 hair

is there a way that people take down their installs and then reinstall so the wefts are in the exact same configuration? You still wouldn't be able to switch things up too much but at least then you'd be able to rock a cute cut for a few installs in a row

I can definately see your point if you rock a signature style, but it seems to me that the cheap so-called "virgin" hair is ideal if you're more experimental? Just trying to understand better

My virgin wavy sometimes I rock in its natural state, or I curl it with my 1" curlers, same hair two different looks. I usually wear it with a side part.

My virgin curly I rock with a middle part, originally I left it in its natural color which was a natural black. I got tired of the same color so I ombred , same hair different look. The ends were a honey blondish color, got tired of that and threw a red rinse on it.

If I want shorter hair I just buy it, its way cheaper and I use less bundles of 12' hair. I refuse to chop up my long wavy hair. My hairdresser doesnt cut my wefts when I get my installs so they stay in tact.

Hope that helps

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

My virgin wavy sometimes I rock in its natural state, or I curl it with my 1" curlers, same hair two different looks. I usually wear it with a side part.

My virgin curly I rock with a middle part, originally I left it in its natural color which was a natural black. I got tired of the same color so I ombred , same hair different look. The ends were a honey blondish color, got tired of that and threw a red rinse on it.

If I want shorter hair I just buy it, its way cheaper and I use less bundles of 12' hair. I refuse to chop up my long wavy hair. My hairdresser doesnt cut my wefts when I get my installs so they stay in tact.

I also rock lacewigs and now uparts with closures, My next purchase will be a dark roots with platinim blonde tips. 

Hope that helps

Posted By: blackandfearless
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 4:34am
In addition, for those who don't know how to do research, this thread has been very useful:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/sticky-how-to-search-a-vendor-bump-often_topic315323. - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/sticky-how-to-search-a-vendor-bump-often_topic315323.html

Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:07am
Preach

Date Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 1:49pm
Bumping I need to reread this thread and brush up on my virgin hair knowledge, Im getting frustrated and confused again doing my homework, lol. Im not a newbie to BHM, but I fell off the hair game big time after I went natural a few years ago, so I am so lost and so overwhelmed with the whole industry now. One thing I have accepted is that I just have to take the plunge and experience my decisions for myself. 

Date Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:26pm
When in doubt, order 10" hair and rock a bob, you will be out of way less money and you will only need 2 bundles. I hope that makes sense.....

Better to lose $100 than $300 if you in unknown waters!

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:24am

When in doubt, order 10" hair and rock a bob, you will be out of way less money and you will only need 2 bundles. I hope that makes sense.....

ShockedShocked Good idea!!!Lamp

Posted By: PreciousHairs
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 9:35am
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

Been reading this entire thread all morning. I LOVE IT! It's hilarious.

I am on #team10inch lol

Posted By: chocolate03
Date Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:03pm
Yep whenever I'm trying a new vendor I always order 10" because even if I don't wear it right away I know i'll be itching for a bob once it starts to get hot

Posted By: luvinurhair
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:00pm

This is definitely some great advice. Thanks! In the meantime, I will be saving my money for some EP!

Posted By: RubyChanel
Date Posted: Nov 05 2014 at 9:09pm
This whole thread...yes

Posted By: Queenie905
Date Posted: Nov 06 2014 at 2:11am
TRUTH!I just wonder why vendors title their hair as UNPROCESSED HAIR while they selling those body wave, kinky curly,etc..

Posted By: princessa
Date Posted: Nov 10 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Queenie905 Queenie905 wrote:

TRUTH!I just wonder why vendors title their hair as UNPROCESSED HAIR while they selling those body wave, kinky curly,etc..

I'd rather buy from an aliexpress vendor that just said there hair was chinese remy hair. smh

Posted By: FluffyKay
Date Posted: Nov 16 2014 at 9:39pm
I laughed at this post because recent hair whoas brought me back to bmh to research where I can get some quality hair. Which I hope is   going to last me like the good ole days of the original wagmans and Indian hair that lasted years and that actually varied in curl pattern and slightly in texture. I swore off Indian hair because I wanted a heavy texture but after being burned in the hair game so often I'm back to where it started. I only want Indian and Cambodian because all of the others napp up and tend to die in the back of my neck. I enjoyed your post.

Posted By: CammiCutie
Date Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 12:24am
Thumbs UpTotally agree...

Posted By: Sleeping Beauty
Date Posted: Dec 08 2014 at 8:23pm
Hello,

I am a newbee to this site and well....extensions in general. I am trying to find out about the John Korea haircoating products and if they are worth ordering and uh.....how to order them.  Their explanation is quite extensive with such poorly written directions that I feel like I'm going to pull the few hairs I have left on my head!! 

Help!!! If you have:
1. used the John Korea hair CW7782-SEV Shiny & Glossy look & touch & tangle - What did you think? Was it hard to assemble and complete yourself?

2. Is it dangerous to use? Is it safe?

3.  I am currently using Indian hair wefts and literally gluing them down to my sparse (at best) head of hair. His site says that they recommend their top seller CW7782-SEV, but then also say that if you are using Indian hair (which I am) that they recommend another product with similar serial numbers.

What do you recommend?

4.  Finally - how in the heck do you order the stuff? I don't speak Korean and don't know a sole who does. I really need to order some of this but seriously need some guidance.

Sincerely Desperate and Eternally Grateful for Finding This Site!

Sleeping Beauty

Posted By: SLIVERRR
Date Posted: Dec 16 2014 at 1:15am
its helpful THX

Posted By: Me.she.her
Date Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 1:54am
Ok see I'm a newbie and my issue is I'm doing research all over the place and I'm constantly seeing posts of people saying "don't go there" or "do not buy" but NO ONE is offering an alternative or telling us newbies a trustworthy company to go to for good quality hair. That would be helpful.

Date Posted: Jan 25 2015 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Me.she.her Me.she.her wrote:

Ok see I'm a newbie and my issue is I'm doing research all over the place and I'm constantly seeing posts of people saying "don't go there" or "do not buy" but NO ONE is offering an alternative or telling us newbies a trustworthy company to go to for good quality hair. That would be helpful.

I direct people all the time, BUT I really cant be more concerned about your hair , money and weft more than you are. If Googling, or looking past page 1 on this board is too much work for you then Im not sure what else what to say.

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 9:45am
Man these newbies remind me of the ppl at CC, have no idea how to play in the big leagues. We didn't have anyone pointing us to where to buy the best hair either, I especially didn't when I was a newbie to this site.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 9:52am
This is one of the best threads ever posted. It should be a sticky in this and the Regular weave subforum.

Posted By: long&sexy
Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 10:06am
This is the realest $hit I've read in a long time!!!

Posted By: trynabedaone
Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Man these newbies remind me of the ppl at CC, have no idea how to play in the big leagues. We didn't have anyone pointing us to where to buy the best hair either, I especially didn't when I was a newbie to this site.

perhaps not
but as a site, you all mostly served as a support system when you did venture off to find the hair of your dreams

Posted By: Deirdre123
Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 5:50pm
great info in this thread. thanks

Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by trynabedaone trynabedaone wrote:

perhaps not
but as a site, you all mostly served as a support system when you did venture off to find the hair of your dreams

Shade no shade take it how you like:

I will help people who seem to be trying to help themselves. I am not sure where people got the idea that anyone OWES them anything, I surely do not. People will "lurk" for YEARS on this board and only come here to find them a vendor to either start a Instaboutique/FB/ Big cartel store or to get some hair without even suggesting a drop of olive oil to their "fellow sisters"  who's information they will gladly take.

This forum USED to work because people didnt mind sharing with the people who have helped through the years. Now every 2 post wonder have the nerve to get their suspect ass closure in a bunch if you don't jump to answer their questions that could have been answered if they took more than 5 minutes to browse the site.

Not everyone of my purchases has been perfect, I have wasted money with some of these vendors too but I will at least come back and post my experience so other people will know. If people choose to still order from them, I did my part. 

I will not pretend to muster phucks about that Peruvian deep curl crawling up your neck when the only thing you brought to this forum when your first post is " Where do I buy Indian Hair? Then spend your next 10 posts whining about how no one will help a sistah.

Girl Bye.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Sleeping Beauty Sleeping Beauty wrote:

Hello,

I am a newbee to this site and well....extensions in general. I am trying to find out about the John Korea haircoating products and if they are worth ordering and uh.....how to order them.  Their explanation is quite extensive with such poorly written directions that I feel like I'm going to pull the few hairs I have left on my head!! 

Help!!! If you have:
1. used the John Korea hair CW7782-SEV Shiny & Glossy look & touch & tangle - What did you think? Was it hard to assemble and complete yourself?

2. Is it dangerous to use? Is it safe?

3.  I am currently using Indian hair wefts and literally gluing them down to my sparse (at best) head of hair. His site says that they recommend their top seller CW7782-SEV, but then also say that if you are using Indian hair (which I am) that they recommend another product with similar serial numbers.

What do you recommend?

4.  Finally - how in the heck do you order the stuff? I don't speak Korean and don't know a sole who does. I really need to order some of this but seriously need some guidance.

Sincerely Desperate and Eternally Grateful for Finding This Site!

Sleeping Beauty

I have never used John Korea, check in the Lacewig section there are some threads there about the product. Maybe you could pm some of the people who discussed actually using the product to find out where they got it from.

I hope that helps.Smile

Posted By: princess_salty
Date Posted: Jan 27 2015 at 10:45pm
Ermm

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 12:27pm

perhaps not

No.. lol that was not the case, for me, at all.

When I came to the forum, I had been wearing weaves for 3 years + already, I had my own virgin hair vendor which I provided a review on
I ordered from one AV once, who's CV vendor was later found on this site, but I purchased that hair before that time, and I reviewed that
Every purchase I've made I've researched on my own, and I'll try to review it

just like PG said "Not everyone of my purchases has been perfect, I have wasted money with some of these vendors too but I will at least come back and post my experience so other people will know. If people choose to still order from them, I did my part. "

Only a few of my purchase I will post and ask if anyone has ordered from them, but I'm never like oh well I'm gonna take a chance guys, pray for me. If I did, I'm sure I would get that from people on here, because I have built up a reputation and made some relationships. 

Posted By: trynabedaone
Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 12:29pm

perhaps not

No.. lol that was not the case, for me, at all.

Well, I'm sorry that wasn't the case. That was my impression, maybe I'm mistaken.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 12:32pm
I edited my response but yeah, no need to apologize. I know some other people on here have relationships like that though so I see how you could be under that impression.

Posted By: IN102XL
Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 1:00pm
lol BHM is crazy. Us Newbies & the Pros, all ya'll have me cracking up. But with that said I get it. No one is paid to hold our hands & lead us to the answers. Ya'll put in work & we need to also. But I swear sometimes I don't know how ya'll do with soooo much false info floating around. It's confusing & discouraging to say the least as I am sure everyone has experienced there share of BS. If most people are buying from CV then I'm ALL about cutting out the middle man for a better deal BUT I'm finding that a lot of these CV will say anything to make that sale. I asked SEVERAL before purchasing about there return policy for example & I am ALWAYS reassured that if there is a problem I can get a refund & return the hair. Now I don't ask looking or hoping for a problem & just what to know that I'm covered. Needless to say when problems have occurred they go MIA & stop responding to e-mails or if they do respond I have to go above a beyond to convince them that there is even a issue because they be in disbelief then become so arrogant. With all that said I may go back to purchasing overpriced hair from a reparable AV when I get my pennies saved up. Because I tried of looking like raggedy Ann. My cousin the diva gets her hair from India but her claims her contact don't weft hair smdh WTF lol. The weave game is crazy I tell you. I don't if she just doesn't want to give me her vendor or if she is telling the truth but either I can't sew & I don't have time to try to learn how to sew. Sheer Craziness.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 1:18pm
Its not a Us vs Them in my mind, If you think I'm rude because I wont give you a supplier name so you can start a hair company oh well. Part of starting a company is the test market portion and if you can't figure that out then you don;t need to be starting a company in the first place.

It just seems like SOME people don't want to risk any of THEIR money on these vendors but are fine to sit back and wait for you to spend yours to see if everything works out great. Sorry but if your coin situation is that shaky you have bigger issues that you need to be dealing with IMHO and a weft should be last on the list. 

Example Yummy Hair, great reviews on yt, some great reviews on here then it was some people who's hair was phucked up and one lady said she never even got any hair after she paid  so nothing is 100%. Then if something shady happens the first they say is Princess Grace told me that was a good vendor. Confused and it has happened countless times on here before to other members.

Your cousin could be telling the truth about the Indian Vendor some only sell hair in bulk (non wefted) but I can pm you a wefter in the US if you go that route. 

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 1:23pm
There are so many factors as to why some hair is great for some and not for others, it could something as simple as the products you are using or yours is on a wig cap that you remove every night plus you don't wear every day versus someone who is wearing the same hair with a sew in.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 1:31pm
Oh wow are you talking about me?!?!? Cause I'm totally lost... 1st I am not trying to start a company & 2nd I never imply that you were rude. Nor was I saying that it's a Us / Them situation. I was playfully stating that we ALL get a little crazy. The hair game is crazy. The hunt, the research, the ups & the downs, not knowing who to believe or trust, being dem suspect or a wannabe seller or etc. etc. this is crazy to me. With that said if you WERE talking about me IDK how my words crossed in anyway that you took my post wrong.

I clearly stated that I understood everyone's position including yours. So yeah I'm lost. But no doubt...

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 1:32pm
My post wasnt directed at you, well the part about the wefter was but not the rest. Smile

Date Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 1:41pm
Oh okay cool. I had to re-read my post. Like damn what I say lol. Anyway thanks again for your help :-)

Print Page | Close Window