Print Page | Close Window

Get a yes text before sex

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366601
Printed Date: Dec 12 2018 at 1:23am

Topic: Get a yes text before sex
Posted By: liesnalibis
Subject: Get a yes text before sex
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 12:56am
Something about this doesn't sit right with me...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/26/opinion/jones-sex-consent-texting/?iref=obnetwork" rel="nofollow - http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/26/opinion/jones-sex-consent-texting/?iref=obnetwork

Roxanne Jones says to avoid any doubt, young men and women should text consent before sexual encounters.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Allegations of rapes during college and high school drinking parties are plentiful
  • Every year 97,000 students 18 to 24 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault
  • Roxanne Jones urges young men about to have sex with a girl to get her to text it's OK
  • Jones: No means no, but boys can protect themselves with a text if she says yes

Editor's note: Roxanne Jones is a founding editor of ESPN The Magazine and a former vice president at ESPN. She is a national lecturer on sports, entertainment and women's topics and a recipient of the 2010 Woman of the Year award from Women in Sports and Events. She is the co-author of  http://www.randomhouse.com.au/books/roxanne-jones/say-it-loud-9780345515896.aspx" rel="nofollow - "Say It Loud: An Illustrated History of the Black Athlete,"  (Random House) and CEO of Push Media Strategies.

(CNN) -- "Watch out for the stupid girls," I tell my son. "They are trouble."

You know the type -- the party girls, the girls who thrive on attention. The girls who will do anything to get a guy to notice them, as the pop star Pink riffs on one of her best-ever songs, "Stupid Girls": "If I act like that, flipping my blond hair back, push up my bra like that ... that guy will call me back."

Roxanne Jones
Roxanne Jones

The problem is that all the kids in college are smart or they wouldn't be there in the first place, as my dean's list son likes to remind me. Admittedly, it's a tricky conversation to navigate, but I'm not giving up. There's too much at stake.

It seems nearly every week, we hear news stories about sexual encounters at parties where everyone is drinking -- and a young woman says she was raped, and a young man insists the encounter was consensual.

Make no mistake, no woman -- no matter how much she parties -- is asking to be raped. But too often when heavy drinking is involved, the meaning of consent can be misconstrued on both sides. http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/CollegeFactSheet/CollegeFact.htm" rel="nofollow - According to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, each year about 97,000 students between the ages of 18 and 24 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault or date rape. And those are only the cases that are actually reported.

So understandably, parents worry about how best to prepare their daughters and sons for college. We spend a lot of energy learning to navigate the academic and financial requirements. We give years of thought to which colleges are a best fit for our kids. Once they are accepted, we make sure our children are sent off to college with every overpriced, not-so-necessary item listed on the "what-to-pack-for-college" list. And just before we drop them off on campus, we make sure we have "The Talk" about focusing on grades and not getting caught up in the party scene.

Never have sex with a girl unless she's sent you a text that proves the sexual relationship is consensual
Roxanne Jones

In my case, I filled my son's duffel bag with about 300 condoms and told him watch out for party girls but have fun; meet new people but stay focused on academics.

But I know from my own fun-filled years at Penn State that campus life can be confusing even for the best of kids. So I taught him how to do his own laundry, grocery shop and cook -- just so he wouldn't have to depend on anyone else to do those things. But lately, I've been worried that I left out one important piece of advice that is a must-do today:

Never have sex with a girl unless she's sent you a text that proves the sexual relationship is consensual beforehand. And it's a good idea to even follow up any sexual encounter with a tasteful text message saying how you both enjoyed being with one another -- even if you never plan on hooking up again.

Crazy, I know, but I've actually been encouraging my son and his friends to use sexting -- minus the lewd photos -- to protect themselves from being wrongly accused of rape. Because just as damning text messages and Facebook posts helped convict the high-schoolers in Steubenville of rape, technology can also be used to prove innocence.

How to protect yourself from false rape allegations is a constant conversation among professional athletes. I've covered many rape cases over my career, including those of Kobe Bryant, the Duke lacrosse team, and many others that never made the headlines. Sports agents and athletes have tried everything from openly or secretly recording their sexual encounters, which is illegal in some states, to asking all women they have sex with to sign a pre-consent form. And though the public may scoff at stories of athletes who frequent strip clubs or solicit prostitutes, many athletes say they do this to avoid unwarranted sex assault charges.

NIAA research shows that more than 80% of college students drink alcohol, and almost half report binge drinking -- five drinks for men, four for women, over two hours -- in the past two weeks. And binge drinking can cause many of us, no matter what age, to make bad decisions.

Let's face it, the sexual revolution is real -- but because we still fail to discuss sex and evolving sexual mores frankly with our sons and daughters, all this freedom has led to confusion about the ever-changing rules of engagement when it comes to sex. But one thing is a constant: When a girl tells a boy no, he must always believe her and stop.

Parents need to step up. I'm doing my part, raising a son to respect women and himself by talking to him about how to navigate the freedom that comes with college life.

But we need to do more work to teach our daughters that women also have an equal personal responsibility to respect their bodies. And true equality means that we are also held accountable for our actions. Partying and drinking until you are no longer in control of your body or mind instantly sets you up to become a victim of rape or bodily harm -- or even to die.

Nobody wants to be a stupid girl. It's time for us girls to smarten up. And it's time for guys to understand -- when a girl is way drunk, it doesn't make it open season on her. In fact, it's just the opposite: If she's falling down drunk, stay away, far away.

Replies:
Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:00am
Confused

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:03am
Yea cuz 90 percent of the time women are lying about being raped. Ok. Sleepy

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:13am
What the hell is she talking about, " All college students are smart!" I never encountered as many dummies in one location as I did when I was in undergrad!

My advice would be to give that little negro the condoms, have the talk, keep an open line of communication, and hope for the best like the rest of our parents did. Some college students get lost in the sauce, others float to the top- that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Asking for a yes text can still be negated, because if that "party girl," (even if she's the campus slore) decides to change her mind and say No, even if her legs are cocked wide open, that yes text flies out the window right behind this dumb ass article... and that would still be Rape!

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

My advice would be to give that little negro the condoms, have the talk, keep an open line of communication, and hope for the best like the rest of our parents did. Some college students get lost in the sauce, others float to the top- that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Asking for a yes text can still be negated, because if that "party girl," (even if she's the campus slore) decides to change her mind and say No, even if her legs are cocked wide open, that yes text flies out the window right behind this dumb ass article... and that would still be Rape!

That's up to the DA and the jury.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

In my case, I filled my son's duffel bag with about 300 condoms and told him watch out for party girls but have fun; meet new people but stay focused on academics.
Geek

And why start off an article about college campus rape with 'watch out for the stupid girls'?

But yeah...fukk this.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:41am
Well regardless of what she wrote...cause a sexual consent text is questionable (what if she was drunk texting)  

when the rubber hits the road and your beloved son is actually heading off to college 

what do you tell him? stay abstinent ? Wait till marriage ?

If it were me... I would tell him to stay away from alcohol and drunk women... 
I didn't drink all through college because I was always disgusted by alcoholics because my dad was a functional one.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Well regardless of what she wrote...cause a sexual consent text is questionable (what if she was drunk texting)  

when the rubber hits the road and your beloved son is actually heading off to college 

I didn't drink all through college because I was always disgusted by alcoholics because my dad was a functional one.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:45am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Geek

i know what you thinking

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:45am
I typed a book but was not in forum2 so it didn't post.

Anywho, I get it I get it I swear that I get it.*sigh* I have a son and I thought I had made up the text consent but I see that I didn't. I also suggest consent forms. I'm not saying it's common for girls to lie about rape I just don't want my SON to be Duke Lacrossed out here in these streets.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:47am
tell him to not indulge in casual drunk sex with chicks who arent his gf.

secondly do you all remember the story of the guy who got convicted of rape because of his texts?

there was a thread on that

its a fine line ..

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:51am
Never have sex with a girl unless she's sent you a text that proves the sexual relationship is consensual beforehand. And it's a good idea to even follow up any sexual encounter with a tasteful text message saying how you both enjoyed being with one another -- even if you never plan on hooking up again.

LOLat the "morning after" text as well

As a mom of 2 boys I think alot about their future and my hopes for them.  I'm going to tell them not to get drunk, don't sleep around, and stay focused on their studies, not their gfs.

I don't think she's crazy for telling her sons to act responsibly, and so a yes text isn't that bad of an idea.  I just wouldn't teach my boys that.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:55am
Drunk women never crossed my mind I'm thinking about sober ones.We actually talked about this tonight because of Jameis Winston. My son is so overwhelmed with his impending journey into the "real world." He let out the biggest deepest sigh I ever heard.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:55am
That isn't really reasonable. Who texts someone asking for confirmation? That is lame as hell. Most of the time girls don't go out with the  specific intention of smashing that night. He's never going to get any going that route. Secondly, what if she changes her mind? A yes text isn't really proof of anything. Hell, maybe he texted that unlikely bullshyt from her phone to give himself an alibi. And then a "thank you" text even if you already know it was a one time thing? This is just sleazy. 

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:56am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

I plan to tell my son something like this, amongst plenty of other lessons related to what consent is. But I think it's important to be careful of how that lesson comes across. I believe there is a difference between telling them to avoid a drunk woman because she might accuse him of rape, and telling him to avoid a drunk woman because she might be unable to consent. Put the burden on his actions, not hers.

I'm still developing my ideas about drinking and hooking up. I don't drink so it's sort of a hands-off subject that I'm trying to learn about.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:59am
So is he supposed to ask her specifically through text whether she is willing to have sex with him? Isn't that kind of pressuring her? Or is consent supposed to be the new prerequisite to going out...?   

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:03am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Geek

i know what you thinking
lol Embarrassed

300 condoms for the semester but stay focused on academics? And son don't use those 300 condoms this semester on stupid girls at Penn State?

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:04am

So is he supposed to ask her specifically through text whether she is willing to have sex with him? Isn't that kind of pressuring her? Or is consent it supposed to be the new prerequisite to going out...?   
Maybe a picture of her smiling saying I want to have consensual sex with you and one after saying...thanks for the great consensual sex.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:07am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

So is he supposed to ask her specifically through text whether she is willing to have sex with him? Isn't that kind of pressuring her? Or is consent it supposed to be the new prerequisite to going out...?   
Maybe a picture of her smiling saying I want to have consensual sex with you and one after saying...thanks for the great consensual sex.

What's girl's gonna go for that, though? Pretty much being called a potential liar and trouble maker while being used for sex. This isn't practical.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:09am
Let's take a hand count: How many ladies in here would proceed with sex if the guy first required a text from you freeing him from suspicion in the event you subsequently falsely accused him of rape?

Posted By: Up&Out39
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:11am

Let's take a hand count: How many ladies in here would proceed with sex if the guy first required a text from you freeing him from suspicion in the event you subsequently falsely accused him of rape?

Not I.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I plan to tell my son something like this, amongst plenty of other lessons related to what consent is. But I think it's important to be careful of how that lesson comes across. I believe there is a difference between telling them to avoid a drunk woman because she might accuse him of rape, and telling him to avoid a drunk woman because she might be unable to consent. Put the burden on his actions, not hers.

I'm still developing my ideas about drinking and hooking up. I don't drink so it's sort of a hands-off subject that I'm trying to learn about.

I feel that... there would ideally be a deeper dialogue..
.. this shouldn't be some sort of last minute conversation before he leaves ..on some "oh wait.. stay away from alcohol son and also those freaks who get extra horny when the buzz kicks in!!" .. nah definitely not a good idea. It should be more of an on going learning process on what self respect and responsibility really is 

Alcohol can impair peoples judgement so the most you can avoid those who aimlessly indulge in excessive alcohol consumption.. might be the best route for starters. I always wonder what happens when 2 people are equally faded though.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:16am
Look! Consent text/consent form and condom or no sex. I have talked to my son about no meaning no period. If she is not sure, if he is mid pump and she says no, if she is drunk etc that is all a no go. He is responsible for checking .id cards for age and is responsible for having no doubts in the consent for sex from any potential partners.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:18am

is there a text that a girl can get to protect her from rape?  sound ridiculous?  well ...

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:29am

consent isn't static or a standing order for on demand sex

a text, mercy even a marriage license doesn't guarantee consent

in the moment, if there is any doubt/apprehension/confusion just don't bother and stick with people that you know and trust

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 2:42am
RR we are not talking about actual rape we are talking consent for sex. If the young lady confirms through text that she indeed consented before and after sex I don't see the problem with consent text.

I would NEVER agree that a text for consent means that all verbal and physical signs of NO should be ignored after a text is received...never.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:15am
I'm not sure what you mean by actual rape

a rapist can use the victim's phone to give himself an alibi

I wouldn't want to see this become a trend ... women having to go "through with it" no matter what because of a text hours ago or men thinking they have pass for every and anything since they copped that text hours ago

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:37am
Wasn't there a celeb that hadfemakes sign consent forms before engaging in intercourse..vaguely remember bhn thread on the subject.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:41am
david beckham

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:46am
lol

this is where sexting comes in handy

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:51am

lol

this is where sexting comes in handy

But just because you sext with a person doesn't mean it should be taken literally...

Think of the implications...

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:54am
depends on what you're sexting bout

making arranges to smash is still sexting

just saying

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:55am
reminds me of that law and order episode

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:56am
i don't like making those plans bc sometimes i tell my bf im ready to do this and that when he gets home, then by the time he gets home i don't feel like it.  he uses that sh*t like it's a legally binding contract.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:57am
A girl might just be sexting for fun (not even meaning for it to be taken literally) but that doesn't mean at any point in the future the guy has a claim to the p*ssy.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:58am
I'm imagining some dude speeding over to some girl's house in the middle of a stormy night and beating on her door talmbout now if you don't do it I'ma get blue balls.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:58am

reminds me of that law and order episode

That's what I was thinking about.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:25am

A girl might just be sexting for fun (not even meaning for it to be taken literally) but that doesn't mean at any point in the future the guy has a claim to the p*ssy.
at what point did we say he has??

no one said she cant say no

him: hey what you doing

her: nothing.. you free later

him:sure, whats up

her: come over at ten lets fucck

she can still refuse to have sex with him if she wants,

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:29am

I'm imagining some dude speeding over to some girl's house in the middle of a stormy night and beating on her door talmbout now if you don't do it I'ma get blue balls.
you might wanna stick to ovaltine before bed ..

its gentler on the cns

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:34am

you might wanna stick to ovaltine before bed ..

its gentler on the cns

Ok

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:36am
more ovaltine, please!

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 6:09am
lol

but the only way guys can insulate themselves against rape cases is to not rape

and from being falsely accused is have consensual sex and if in doubt leave

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:26am
OP reminds me of a past poster

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 8:27am
Girls can still say no right before the sex even if they said yes in a text. What a dummy this woman is, I get she wants to protect her son, but maybe she should be teaching him how to respect women and make good judgement so he won't find himself in situations like being accused of rape. The writer is a black woman, right? I guess maybe she feels her black son has some chance of being accused by a white girl and there why he mentioned Kobe and blonde hair...etc.

in the end, her son just needs to not get himself into bad situations and not use women for sex.

300 condoms? Wtf? that is just sick to me.

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:36am

david beckham

Thanks... Damn Afro you like the BHM encyclopedia of all past thread.   

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 10:39am
I can't deal with this lady so Imma just tell myself she's doing all this to make sure nobody ever wants to have sex with him again.  Reverse psychology. 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 10:42am
Rape is such a touchy subject.....and there are too many fine lines.....Im gon sit this one out.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:00am
Nonsense.

Even if a girl consents to sex ... at the last minute she might change her mind because (she sees what a loser he is, her period just started early so UGH!) any number of reasons.

But then he could decide to force her against her will .. so that would be rape. DUH!

I think girls are in peril today in College.

When I was in College I mainly stuck to my books and only went to a few parties and always in the company of several girlfriends. Drinking and drugging were not options for me so...

Now I did see other girls coming into the dorm late at night drunk and drugged up ... but they had bad grades, where always óut' there partying etc - I thought they were wild and they did not graduate so ... they were never serious about their studies anyway.

The guys need to taught better too but since rape has been around since the beginning of time ... I dón't know that we can ever stop men from raping ... something is just off with men that think that way. Many of them are delusional.

Stay in the books or with friends and/or in groups to avoid this I think because if a guy wants to rape ... he will focus in on the easiest prey. Separate the weakest stag from the herd.

(this does not account for 'acquiatance rape' or crazed stranger rape... but at least the 'I drank too much rape' can be cut back on.)

Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:02pm
POSTED DECEMBER 05, 2013

Florida State QB Jameis Winston will not be charged in sexual assault investigation

http://college-football.si.com/category/teams/florida-state-seminoles/" rel="nofollow - FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES ,  http://college-football.si.com/category/jameis-winston/" rel="nofollow - JAMEIS WINSTON ,  http://college-football.si.com/category/legal-matters/" rel="nofollow - LEGAL MATTERS
BY  http://college-football.si.com/author/bradsidotcom/" rel="nofollow - SI.COM STAFF
Jameis Winston

Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston (5) will not be charged with sexual assault. (Joe Robbins/Getty Images)

The Florida state attorney’s office will not charge Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston with sexual assault, state attorney Willie Meggs announced on Thursday. The news was first reported by  http://pro.wtsm-fm.tritonflex.com/common/page.php?id=221" rel="nofollow - Jeff Cameron of ESPN Tallahassee .

Meggs confirmed that no charges will be filed against Winston, who was the subject of an investigation that dated back to last December. Winston’s attorney, Tim Jansen, has maintained that sex between Winston and the woman who reported the incident was consensual.

“We’ve carefully examined all the evidence in this case and have concluded that no charges will be brought against anyone in this case,” Meggs said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131205/jameis-winston-not-charged-florida-state/" rel="nofollow - McCANN: Jameis Winston not charged: Legal aftermath, possible next steps

A 19-year-old Florida State student first went to police on the morning of Dec. 7, 2012, and her family  http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/20/police-warned-accuser-about-pursuing-jameis-winston-matter/" rel="nofollow - released a statement  on Nov. 20, 2013, questioning the Tallahassee Police Department’s handling of the investigation. The statement alleged that detective Scott Angulo had told the accuser’s attorney that “Tallahassee was a big football town and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against [Winston] because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable.”

According to a  http://tracking.si.com/2013/11/27/jameis-winston-tallahassee-police-timeline/" rel="nofollow - timeline of the investigation  released by TPD last month, the accuser identified Winston as the perpetrator on Jan. 10. A TPD investigator later requested an interview with Winston, which Winston’s attorney declined. The police department said it placed the case on open but inactive status on Feb. 11.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/search-warrant-affidavit-accuser-alleged-sexual-assualt-investigation-jameis-winston-120513" rel="nofollow - FoxSports.com’s Kevin Vaughan reports  that an affidavit obtained on Thursday says that the accuser contacted police within an hour of the alleged rape; at the time, she said she did not know the identity of her alleged attacker:

The search warrant affidavit, obtained Thursday morning by FOX Sports 1, details her allegation that she was sexually assaulted by someone she did not know – and that she was so impaired [from consuming several shots of alcohol] that she was unable to tell a detective where the incident occurred. She told the detective that she was with friends who left and she had only hazy recollections of details after that…

“Her memory is very broken from that point forward,” a detective wrote in the document. “She remembers being in what she thinks is a cab” with a “non-descript” African-American man “in the back seat with her.”

Via Brian Floyd of  http://sbnation.com/" rel="nofollow - SBNation.com , documents pertaining to the state’s investigation into Winston  http://www.scribd.com/doc/189647937/Jameis-Winston-Documents" rel="nofollow - were also released on Thursday .

In a press conference, Jansen told reporters that he hopes the case is closed and his client can move on.

“I hope it’s closed,” Jansen said. “There will be people who will always think of Mr. Winston and think of this allegation. You can’t stop people from believing what they want to believe. But our society says you’re innocent until proven guilty. He hasn’t even been charged.

“… He was confident he didn’t do anything wrong. I was confident in him. I was confident in our witnesses.”

The accuser’s family released a  http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/5/5129510/jameis-winston-cleared-florida-state-quarterback" rel="nofollow - statement on Thursday  after the state attorney’s office announced it would not pursue charges against Winston:

The victim and her family appreciate the State Attorney’s efforts in attempting to conduct a proper investigation after an inordinate delay by the Tallahassee Police Department.

The victim in this case had the courage to immediately report her rape to the police and she relied upon them to seek justice.

The victim has grave concerns that her experience, as it unfolded in the public eye and through social media, will discourage other victims of rape from coming forward and reporting.

Florida State athletic director Stan Wilcox  http://www.seminoles.com/genrel/120513aab.html" rel="nofollow - released a statement  on Thursday after Meggs’ press conference:

Based on this afternoon’s announcement by the State Attorney, Jameis Winston’s status as a Florida State University student athlete remains unchanged. We have been respectful, impartial, and fully cooperative in the legal process that has now run its course. I will have no further comment on this matter.

Seminoles head coach Jimbo Fisher also released a public statement:

“As you might imagine, I was pleased to hear that the State Attorney’s Office exonerated Jameis in the matter. I’m not going to answer any questions about the situation, but I would like to point out that our community and our university are blessed to have really good people in place to review matters like this. I know Jameis is pleased he can focus on being a student at a great university and he’s excited about helping our team achieve its goals this year. Right now, we’re all looking forward to what we have in front of us on Saturday.”

Winston released a written statement:

“I want to thank my family, friends, coaches and teammates for standing by me during a difficult time. I also want to thank the State Attorney’s Office for examining all of the facts and reaching a decision in a conclusive manner. It’s been difficult to stay silent through this process, but I never lost faith in the truth and in who I am. I’m very relieved I’ll be able to continue my education at Florida State and I’m excited I can now get back to helping our team achieve its goals.”

A Heisman Trophy candidate, the redshirt freshman has been the starter all season for top-ranked Florida State. The Seminoles will face Duke in the ACC title game on Saturday.

Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:08pm
It seems like there are many millitary & college athletes that get a pass because they are protected by their colleagues, coaches, communities & superiors.

This poor lady was told not to come forward or else there'll be trouble for her.  The investigator didn't even want to interview the witnesses.  Rape culture is a shame

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:24pm
He sounds guilty to me...

Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

OP reminds me of a past poster

Which one?

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 3:45am
Um, watch out for the stupid girls?

What about the stupid boys that make rape so prevalent?

As usual, no responsibility on them. Sleepy

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 4:04am
The scary part is if guys in college adopt this, they could easily fake "proof" by texting a girl a yes or no question that is likely to be answered with yes, she replies yes, and dudes will be holding that up as their proof.

A rapist is going to rape, point blank. If you have to jump through hoops to not be accused of and or prosecuted of rape, there is something very wrong with your sex life.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 6:28am
It's added protection for the guy against false accusations. This doesn't do much for the lady.

And Jamies Winston is guilty as Fucc. I wish him a serious career ending injury within the first year of professional playing

Print Page | Close Window