Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366591
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 9:38am

Topic: Question about experience with Roman
Posted By: ExotiqBeautii
Subject: Question about experience with Roman
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:51pm
I know he has extensions, but what about his closures? I've heard both good and bad (mostly bad) about the hair quality, but people say that the closure quality is descent. Has anyone sent their own hair to him to make their closure with, and if so, does he do the hair swap thing that some vendors do? If you don't know what I mean, it's where you send wefters/wig makers your own hair and they keep the hair you sent to them and use some bullsh!t hair they had in stock. Thanks in advance!

Replies:
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 8:10pm
One star; really though?! Please go find yourself some friends.... kick rocks!

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 8:13pm

Bump for you . Hug

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

LOL

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:43am
Originally posted by miiszjanae miiszjanae wrote:

LOL
CryLOL

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by miiszjanae miiszjanae wrote:

LOL
CryLOL
LOLLOLLOL gurlllllllllllllll......

Posted By: her_december
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:51am
I bought a lace closure from him when he first started to become popular on the board... around this time last year. He was quick to answer my questions and I liked his prices. I said I wanted a Light Yaki 3.5x4 lace closure, natural 1B colour with light-medium density in the front and lightly bleached knots... typical order.

The closure looked very natural but the knots weren't bleached and after a month of wear the closure started to tangle, bald and shed (I did have to bleach the knots myself though... I was careful not to over-bleach the knots). When Roman was new to the board, if you had an issue, he'd try to fix it to keep your custom. I spent about £800 with him in the space of 3 months for hair for myself, sister and my previous hair dresser. By early 2013, I told him my Light Yaki matted up worst that BSS hair he didn't really care and was actually rather rude to me saying 'If you don't like the quality, don't buy from me'. For CS he's the worst CV I've ever bought from. I prefer KevinCN and Jeffrey to him. At least they've never given me attitude.

IMO he's so popular right now that if you have an issue with his hair he doesn't care and for the money I've found FAR better lace and silk closures off Alibaba and AliExpress for cheaper. xxx

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:37am
I have purchased closures from him and I have had no problems or issues at all.

I have never sent hair to Roman to make a closure, however I did send some B-Dogg hair to another CV that is popular on the board and it was not a good experience. By the time you pay for the bulk hair, ship to China and pay for the cost of the CV to make the closure and shipping back you are better off just buying a very quality closure from a AV.

Posted By: chocolate03
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 10:17am
I have a few closures from Roman and they are still going strong...BUT... I ordered them when he was first introduced to the board when his customer service was great. I stopped ordering from him though when I asked him why the wefts were so short on my light yaki and he got very snappy. That was last year. I refuse to spend my money with you and you talk to me however you want

Posted By: LynnNyc
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 10:35am
Purchased a silk top very recently, eh, not impressed.  Light yaki was very silky, the ventilation direction something was just off about it.  I asked for freestyle but the hair tended to separate middle part. The quality of the hair was a step up, baby step, from BSS.  Never used it.  I'm actually going to take it apart and try to reconstruct it with better hair.  My first purchase from him, I never purchased back in the day when he was the 'go to' vendor.  I'm done.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by chocolate03 chocolate03 wrote:

I have a few closures from Roman and they are still going strong...BUT... I ordered them when he was first introduced to the board when his customer service was great. I stopped ordering from him though when I asked him why the wefts were so short on my light yaki and he got very snappy. That was last year. I refuse to spend my money with you and you talk to me however you want

^^^^THIS^^^^ he was very pleasant for work with in the beginning but once the wait exceeding a month, he started getting arsey about any comment or complaint. x

Posted By: LynnNyc
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:46am
arsey, lol.  not sure if they get overwhelmed by the many orders or if they just get 'cocky' about having so much business now.  I did not even contact him to make an issue, because I know the Qingdao answer when you have a complaint about anything.  I just chalk it up to another miss and scratch him off my list.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by her_december her_december wrote:

Originally posted by chocolate03 chocolate03 wrote:

^^^^THIS^^^^ he was very pleasant for work with in the beginning but once the wait exceeding a month, he started getting arsey about any comment or complaint. x

Girrrl it's too many vendors in China for alladat

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:15pm
let that man dry up just like his hair.  

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

let that man dry up just like his hair.  

too funny lol.
LOL
Okay, so I guess I'll be xing him off the list. Thanks to all that answered. So what about Kevin then? I forgot all about him! I need someone I can send my own hair to, because I don't trust any hair labeled as brazilian, peruvian, etc., because I already know it's processed. I know my product, so I want good quality stuff by sending them my own. I just need to hurry up and learn how to do silk tops/thin skins. I already know how to do lace closures, but it's so tedious, I'd prefer to just pay someone else to do it. But if I have to do it myself I will.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:43pm
i love kevy kev but honey if your are TRULY in no rush use him.  when i say NO RUSH im talmbout waiting 3-4 months

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:48pm
I agree with 510. I love Kevincn, however be prepared to wait and do not order Coarse Yaki ( I have two bundles that I never used and trying to sale). As soon as I took it out the package I knew that it was waay to silky for my taste. EXCELLENT QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:59pm
3-4 months?! dayum! but no one has sent their own hair, no? that's what i want; im not planning on using any of the vendors hair, i want to use my own, no exception.

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:34pm
just found this sisters page. She's based in chicago. Her work looks good. I've never tried her before though.
https://m.facebook.com/SamanthaBurksImmaculantPerfectionLaceWigs?id=215498091881503&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSamanthaBurksImmaculantPerfectionLaceWigs

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:48pm

3-4 months?! dayum! but no one has sent their own hair, no? that's what i want; im not planning on using any of the vendors hair, i want to use my own, no exception.

God's Child and 510 are right. I waited 2 months for a Light Yaki order. The hair was bomb but he got the colour wrong (now I know how to dye my own hair this isn't a issue) but I guess the problem is with Kevin, you wait so long for your hair, you'll be VEXED if it isn't 100 when you receive your order in the mail!! x

Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Gods Child Gods Child wrote:

I agree with 510. I love Kevincn, however be prepared to wait and do not order Coarse Yaki ( I have two bundles that I never used and trying to sale). As soon as I took it out the package I knew that it was waay to silky for my taste. EXCELLENT QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Lawd I always wanted to try Kevin but I can't with that wait! And just when I wanted to get coarse yaki you shut down my dream . Do you have pics? I really need some good coarse yaki, I have in some from Lwigs now and it hasn't given me any major problems but I need some that is thick from weft to tip.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 1:13am
Yes. I have pictures I will post them tomorrow for you.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Gods Child Gods Child wrote:

Yes. I have pictures I will post them tomorrow for you.

Ok thanks!

Posted By: Belladonna1
Date Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 3:10pm
I purchased a deep wavy closure from Roman and the construction of the closure was poor quality. It kept bunching up!

Is Kevincn quality back to being good again? Because, when I ordered from him about 2years ago, the quality was going down!

Posted By: romanhair
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:57pm
Hi,this's Roman.I'd like to know what's your meaning of "bunching up",if it's our reason then we will do our best to solve it for you

Posted By: romanhair
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 10:10pm
Ladies,if have any questions with the hair and closure ordered from us all can contact with us,also can send us pics,we will check on and let's find out the reason together.From the start to now,the hair and work quality we think is all same,we also just try to find best quality hair and the workmanship not changed,but I understand it possibly occur problems to different customers,everyone have different habit to hair.But pls contact with us and let's us know what's going on and check if it's the problem can be solved.Here I want to say sorry to all the ladies if you think sometimes my reply not feel good to you,but I never want to be impolite to anyone,we want to work with all of you and myself also very careful to all orders,the factory all know of this point and they feel to make my orders with more work and time and need be very careful.
My contact email is roman-hair2010@hotmail.com.So if you have problem can feel to contact with me.

Posted By: Belladonna1
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 10:17pm
I ordered the closure over a year a go and I emailed you about the issue, but never got a response! I still have the closure; never was able to installed! Bunch up means the closure creased! I could not get the closure to lay flat! Maybe this occured because the construction was flimsy instead of sturdy. I own many closures and have plenty of experience installing them!

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 10:50pm
I order Brazilian lace wig from you . And the wig was nearly bald I had to buy wefts to give some volume .. Here's the problem.. no one wants to waste money .. You really need to inspect each order before it is shipped .. And start sending pictures of the product,before it's shipped .. So we can decide before we spend our hard earned money!!! Tis all

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:23pm
DO NOT BUY FROM ROMAN over processed messed!!! My mom put in kinky straight she washed while it was sewed in (a partial) it tangled and dreaded sooooooo bad I had to cut out some of her hair

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:24pm
Sad because his afro kinky curl was so nice.. it says on his site to expect tangles and sime shedding

Posted By: *__May__*
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:57pm
Guess he finally realized he needs us 

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 6:04am
Dang yall made Roman come out of lurk modeLOLCry

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 7:28am
BUMP....BECAUSE HE IS  RUNNING INTO THREADS TRYING TO DEFEND HIS WILDERBEAST PRODUCTS. READ BEFORE U BUY FROM ROMAN!!!!!

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 1:09pm
I must add that I like his closure construction but the hair is real garbage. Tangled and matted up like it got in a fight... with itself Ouch

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 1:44pm
He need to remove BHM from his web site, and stop acting like he is selling superb hair!!!

Posted By: *__May__*
Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by romanhair romanhair wrote:

Ladies,if have any questions with the hair and closure ordered from us all can contact with us,also can send us pics,we will check on and let's find out the reason together.From the start to now,the hair and work quality we think is all same,we also just try to find best quality hair and the workmanship not changed,but I understand it possibly occur problems to different customers,everyone have different habit to hair.But pls contact with us and let's us know what's going on and check if it's the problem can be solved.Here I want to say sorry to all the ladies if you think sometimes my reply not feel good to you,but I never want to be impolite to anyone,we want to work with all of you and myself also very careful to all orders,the factory all know of this point and they feel to make my orders with more work and time and need be very careful.
My contact email is roman-hair2010@hotmail.com.So if you have problem can feel to contact with me.

hold up, is it just me or is he still trying to blame the customers....

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:22pm
Sounds like he is blaming us,, on how we treat the hair.. Wash / condition/ color .. Same usual hair care.. For most of us....but if hair is bad/ it's not going to like shampoo/conditioner and coloring...

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 5:48pm

Roman, you probably don't remember me but I ordered about $400 dollars worth of hair from you within the space of two to three months around this time last year for myself and my sister. My hairdresser even rang you from the UK and placed a couple of orders with you worth almost £1000 for her clients. I found you very nice to work with initially, answering ALL my questions, replying within a decent time frame. Maybe it is my fault that I didn't probably test your hair before ordering so much but after less than a month of wear the hair I wore started matting up BADLY. I told you about this and you said you'd "glue it back together". I didn't really know what that meant but I got the impression you at least wanted to rectify the issue of the poor quality hair I bought from you.

When I took the hair out a couple of weeks later because I couldn't stand the matting, I e-mailed you about my disappointment to see how you would handle the situation. I was never rude or impolite, I just told you about how I was unhappy that after I'd spent so much money with your business, my bundles weren't wearable longer. My sister's hair I bought from you was fine and I actually just re-read in my e-mail to you earlier this year. You acted like because I wasn't happy with your hair and quality that you didn't want my custom anymore. I was unsatisfied with your response to my issues, especially because the hair only lasted 4 weeks, if that!

There are many Chinese, European and American vendors out there for us to choose from. After I e-mailed you last winter, I didn't go straight on BHM and tell everyone about your poor customer service but I feel a need to warn ladies who ask about your quality and customer service that they may not get the product they're expecting for the prices you charge.

If women complaining on this thread harms your business a little, then so be it. You need to invest more time into the after-sell... decent customer service and better quality hair. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this. x

Date Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 11:43am
lort........dear I have sent Kevin a bunch of hair to have closures and frontals made for myself.  I've sent bo braz for the best frontal of my life.  I've also sent Roman hair for a closure that came back lookin sickly.  Stick with the tried tested and true.  Send ya hairs to kevy

Posted By: debg
Date Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 9:29pm

roman i have bought your hair and closures and the hair was very bad

the closure was beautiful but the hair is not good

you have many complaints about your hair and the only thing we all have in common is YOUR HAIR

ITS THE HAIR ROMAN........... IT IS BAD

i do not think you are using remy hair because of how bad it matts up

USE BETTER HAIR

Posted By: chinnyjem
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 5:37pm
I rarely ever comment, but I chanced on this thread and had to post. I ordered 3 closures from Roman about a year ago (indian curly, kinky straight, and kinky curly), and although I loved the closure construction on all 3, the hair,especially the kinky hair, lawddd jesus!!!! matted like woah!! I had to take special care with combing, and detangling them all day. I groaned in pain everytime I had to apply water to them. But you live and you learn. And Roman,if you're reading this, please understand that this is just our honest opinion. I've been a weave girl for years, so you can't tell me I don't know how to handle some hair. Treat your customers right, and they will do right by you :)

"She works hard for the money. So hard for it,honey. She works hard for the money.So you better treat her right!!" Big smile

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 5:57pm
the  wefts I bought from him tangled something fierce. All I have left is this closure...

Posted By: prettycitygirl
Date Posted: Dec 23 2013 at 5:54am
Damn.....I was going to purchase a lace wig from him after having a chat on Facebook but not gonna take a chance on $300 for some bullsh*t I'd be beyond pissed.....roman get it together just like bhm made you, BHM WILL BREAK YOU

Posted By: Sparklez1920
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 10:47am
Mine is tangling like nobody's business in my hair

Im honeslty tired of these hit and misses...Im just gonna break the bank and purchase hair from a reputable AV.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:03pm
I have been ordering hair from him for the past year. I have not had any problems with the closures but the weft/ wig hair is not good. First I thought because I had my deep wave processed with yaki texture but nope I got a light yaki wig that I had to get cut from 18 inches into a bob from tangling after 2-3wks of wear. It still has some snags being at bob length. Roman constantly places blame on customer and most of us are veteran weave wearers. I am done with CV's, the money I wasted on him within a 2 month span I definitely should of brought some EP.

I went ahead and brought my some EP last week and I will stick with them even though I really dont like indian hair. 

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

lort........dear I have sent Kevin a bunch of hair to have closures and frontals made for myself.  I've sent bo braz for the best frontal of my life.  I've also sent Roman hair for a closure that came back lookin sickly.  Stick with the tried tested and true.  Send ya hairs to kevy

I wanted to start back ordering from Kev but it seems alot of reviews in the last year have been bad. I think a few vet members said the quality is not the same. I regret cutting my CLY and coarse yaki closure I got from him.

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 4:00pm
A youtuber did a review on Roman's closures...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdWPKxoCJg

(I can't embed )

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 8:54pm
I left a comment

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 8:58pm
I need to take a pic of this closure and how ratty it look I found some of the hair wefts too LOL

Date Posted: Dec 29 2013 at 9:17pm
Thanks for the input gals. I REALLY hope he's reading these! Here you go Naturalchick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdWPKxoCJg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdWPKxoCJg

Date Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 1:55am

Thanks for the input gals. I REALLY hope he's reading these! Here you go Naturalchick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdWPKxoCJg" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdWPKxoCJg

Thank you!

Posted By: MissIt
Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 9:46am
I just want to add that I also had major tangling and shedding issue with wefts and the closure I bought from Roman about a year ago. It was a custom curl pattern with I think "Brazilian" hair. Either way it was a hot ass. I'm currently looking for somewhere to get a closure made, but it will not be Roman ever again!

Posted By: shalafbabii
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 12:08pm
I had the same problem ladies.. I ordered some Deep Curly "malaysian" hair from him in long lengths with a closure, colored it, and regretted the purchase. THe closure was beautiful but the hair was so processed and dry and tangled. I HATED THAT HAIR but it straightened and curled so nicely. 3 minutes later it was crawling up to my kitchen. Angry Wasted money on products and boiling and everything and it still is some crap. I bought around last year too. The curl pattern is GONE. OuchSleepy

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 12:11pm
Yup. Roman sells some very pretty, raggedy ass hair. Tangled and shed like everyone else's

Print Page | Close Window