Print Page | Close Window

Yt girl visiting Houston taken by CPS....

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366551
Printed Date: Dec 13 2017 at 4:22am


Topic: Yt girl visiting Houston taken by CPS....
Posted By: Az~Maverick
Subject: Yt girl visiting Houston taken by CPS....
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:23pm
...because she was traveling with 2 black guys.




Why did Houston police handcuff Landry Thompson and her dance teachers?


The following irresponsible police action reported by  http://www.khou.com/news/local/oklahoma-dancer-houston-police-cps-234062201.html" rel="nofollow - KHOU ’s Rucks Russell should scare many.  A 13-year-old dancer, Landry Thompson, and her two dance teachers traveled from Oklahoma to Houston, TX. They had planned to train all weekend with some of the best in dance industry, but their plans went awry. Could the events that follow have something to do with Landry Thompson being white and her dance instructors being black?

When Landry Thompson and her two dance teachers left the studio Saturday night, they were exhausted. They stopped at a gas station to find their hotel via GPS. Out of nowhere they were surrounded by the Houston police. The Houston police dragged them out of the car and handcuffed all three of them.

“I was kind of freaked out and surprised by it,” said Landry Thompson.

Landry’s dance teacher, Emmanuel Hurd, added:

“They just pulled us out of the car. Put our hands behind out backs like we were criminals. He asked me; who is the girl? She is my student. I said I have a notarized letter from her parents stating that I have full guardianship over her while we are here.”

Landry Thompson and her dance teachers said they pleaded with the police and told the police their story repeatedly. It did not matter to the Houston police.

Landry Thompson told reporters:

“They still put handcuffs on me. And it really scared me. And they put me in the back of the cop car. I was terrified.”

Landry Thompson was then taken to Child Protective Services. Her mother, Destiny Thompson exclaimed:

“I was horrified. She was with the people I wanted her to be with. She was with people who were safe who I knew would take care of he. Yet they had taken her away from those people and now she was in a shelter, wherever she was with people I didn’t know.”

CPS told Destiny Thompson that she would have to fly to Houston to get her daughter. After many phone calls with various officials, Landry Thompson was finally released back into the custody of her dance teachers.

“I would love an apology,” said Landry Thompson’s mother. “They owe her an apology.”

Soon after, the trio was back at the dance studio. They intend to leave Houston on Monday afternoon. The Houston Police Dept. (HPD) has not been responding to inquiries as to what happened.

Were Landry Thompson and dance instructors victims of stereotyping and racism?

Why did the Houston police believe they had to react as they did? Does it have anything to do with the young dancer being a young white girl and the two dance instructors being young black males? If the two instructors were white, would the police officers have reacted in the same manner? The dance instructors had a signed, notarized document that said they were the young girl’s guardians. What else could they have done to avoid being treated like common criminals?




Replies:
Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:30pm
my 13 year old is not going no where with two men.  where's her father?


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:30pm
Oh they owe HER an apology?


Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:30pm
White people never cease to amaze me... This life!


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:31pm
Were Landry Thompson and dance instructors victims of stereotyping and racism?

What the fuk do you think, Sherlock?


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:31pm
I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.

I agree. I understand questioning them, but they took it to far.


Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:33pm
Even worse someone probably reported them as looking suspicious prompting the police swarm.


Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:35pm
I understand they were her dance teachers and all, but common sense should tell you, as TWO black men, that you don't get so comfortable as to travel ANYWHERE with a yt girl in tow let alone a minor.

I'm glad they didn't get shot during this fiasco.


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.


IA this time


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.

I agree. I understand questioning them, but they took it to far.

i don't even understand questioning them… 

that could have been a step-daughter.. or niece.. or anyone… they can't just see a white girl with two negros and surround/handcuff them… 
they're not Gods.. they can't just investigate when ANYthing seems slightly out of the norm to them… i could see it if the girl seemed in distress… 

if it was two white men with a black girl.. bet this wouldn't have happened. 
this is redick. 




Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 3:52pm
i thought id be the last person to say this… 
but y'all are getting too used to this ish. its not okay just cus to some cops a white girl shouldn't be with 2 black men. its not understandable.. its not not of that… 
y'all are assimilating 


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

I'm torn with this. As an officer I would have asked questions as well. A young white girl with two grown black men definitely isn't the norm. After they provided proof of the notorized letter, however, the ordeal should have ended.

I agree. I understand questioning them, but they took it to far.


i don't even understand questioning them… 

that could have been a step-daughter.. or niece.. or anyone… they can't just see a white girl with two negros and surround/handcuff them… 
they're not Gods.. they can't just investigate when ANYthing seems slightly out of the norm to them… i could see it if the girl seemed in distress… 

if it was two white men with a black girl.. bet this wouldn't have happened. 
this is redick. 




Police have stopped white men with black kids before, shoot, we've had threads on it here before. It's not a race thing to me, it's the age difference. A lot of older men go around pimping out little girls or enter into a "relationship" (statutory rape)with them. We go over cases like that all the time in my CJ classes. I cannot stand the freaking police, I just had an incident with them the day before yesterday, but I understand some things could be prevented if people asked questions every once in a while. People aren't always going to show "distress" signs when something illegal is going on.

No one said they were in the right for running up to them and treating those dudes the way they did. But it is their job to investigate ish that's out of the norm. They however, took this all the way to the left.


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

she's a minor. It looks suspicious. Black or white. And you know the type of america you live in...being black travelling with a white female minor will draw suspicion, like it or not.


Thank you. I was hoping the reaching wouldn't start but apparently it is.


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:02pm
she's a minor. It looks suspicious. Black or white. And you know the type of america you live in...being black travelling with a white female minor will draw suspicion, like it or not.


Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i thought id be the last person to say this… 
but y'all are getting too used to this ish. its not okay just cus to some cops a white girl shouldn't be with 2 black men. its not understandable.. its not not of that… 
y'all are assimilating 

I don't think anyone is assimilating. Yeah, we ALL know it's not right, we ALL know it's not fair. But let's be real here, not all law enforcement is thinking with that kind of level head, and no matter what you do, how you act, or how well you speak....to them, black, in ANY place = bad and up to no good. 




Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:06pm
thats assimilating… 
just because its 'the type of america we live in' (to you) doesnt make it okay… 

like i said.. it could have easily been a step-daughter, niece, cousin, anything… just cus you might be able to imagine why a white person (with all of their flawed reasoning for suspecting blacks) might find that suspect... like it doesnt mean we should accept it or say that we can understand it. 

call me dramatic but thats the same thing someone would have said 50 years ago about say… a blk person entering a white bathroom.. that was the type of america we lived it… didnt make it understandable.. and I'm glad many civil rights activists didnt just accept it. 

y'all can be on that ish if you want… that is the reason why it is accepted and not fought against as hard as it should be. 


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

I understand they were her dance teachers and all, but common sense should tell you, as TWO black men, that you don't get so comfortable as to travel ANYWHERE with a yt girl in tow let alone a minor.

I'm glad they didn't get shot during this fiasco.
you victim blaming


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:08pm
My last comment was in reply to wildfire only… 
eta, but danie I'm not reaching and its sad that you think i am.. many will probably agree with you though.. still very sad. 


Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

I understand they were her dance teachers and all, but common sense should tell you, as TWO black men, that you don't get so comfortable as to travel ANYWHERE with a yt girl in tow let alone a minor.

I'm glad they didn't get shot during this fiasco.
you victim blaming


Nope. Nowhere did I say they deserved this.


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:10pm
so 1 we have a 13 year old traveling with two men.
2 all three get busted but only she needs to get an apology?

and 3 a 13 year old is traveling with 2 men. two grown men???
eff yo letter, you let your child go off with 2 men??


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:11pm
So how old would she have to be for it be ok for her to go with any man?

Black or white?

@az


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:12pm
I only read the article but Imma roll with coco on this. The trio look to be in the same age range and I would think they were friends. They quickly handcuffed the instructors and put them in police cars like they commited a crime? Cuff first, ask questions later? foh.

And coco, I clapped on every syllable when I read your posts.LOLThumbs Up


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

My last comment was in reply to wildfire only… 
eta, but danie I'm not reaching and its sad that you think i am.. many will probably agree with you though.. still very sad. 


I say your reaching because you accuse us of assimilating b/c we understand the suspicion of two grown men being with a CHILD and it's apparent that they are not related. That's why they have the parents sign the papers stating that she has permission to be with them and he has guardianship....Because she is a child.

I agree with some of your points, they were dead wrong on how they ran up to those people and acted, but the suspicion is with the age difference. The sex trade is real and it's all around us.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:24pm
ty cc i think many will say I'm reaching… whatevs though. 
i know I've been with older guys traveling for tournaments and competitions.. 

i don't think black/white bathrooms were a good example… and i should have gone back farther than 50 years.. but y'all should get the point. 


Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:24pm
Miscegenation ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English" rel="nofollow - / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English#Key" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English" rel="nofollow - / ; from the Latin miscere "to mix" + genus "kind") is the mixing of different http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28classification_of_human_beings%29" rel="nofollow - racial groups through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage" rel="nofollow - marriage , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohabitation" rel="nofollow - cohabitation , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sexual_activity" rel="nofollow - sexual relations , and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproduction" rel="nofollow - procreation . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation#cite_note-dictionary.com-1" rel="nofollow - [1]

The term miscegenation has been used since the 19th century to refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interracial_marriage" rel="nofollow - interracial marriage and interracial sexual relations, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation#cite_note-dictionary.com-1" rel="nofollow - [1] and more generally to the process of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation#Genetic_studies_of_racial_admixture" rel="nofollow - racial admixture , which has taken place since http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_history" rel="nofollow - ancient history . Historically, the term has been used in the context of laws banning interracial marriage and sex, known as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-miscegenation_laws" rel="nofollow - anti-miscegenation laws . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation#cite_note-2" rel="nofollow - [2] The term entered historical records during European http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism" rel="nofollow - colonialism and the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Discovery" rel="nofollow - Age of Discovery , but societies such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China" rel="nofollow - China and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan" rel="nofollow - Japan also had restrictions on marrying with peoples whom they considered to be of a different race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation





Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

So how old would she have to be for it be ok for her to go with any man?

Black or white?

@az
25. i aint sending my child with anyone...i aint even lookin at skin color. my child betta not even fix her mouth to ask me some mess like that.AngryLOL


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I only read the article but Imma roll with coco on this. The trio look to be in the same age range and I would think they were friends. They quickly handcuffed the instructors and put them in police cars like they commited a crime? Cuff first, ask questions later? foh.

And coco, I clapped on every syllable when I read your posts.LOLThumbs Up


Nah, the lil white girl is 13, the two instructors were grown (at least 18). 13 year olds and 18+ year olds don't need to be chilling together.

I agree about the bitchassness on the police though. Hopefully the instructors file some formal complaints and see if they have a suit. Eff what the mama saying the KID is who needs an apology.


Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

So how old would she have to be for it be ok for her to go with any man?

Black or white?

@az

If she was a GROWN woman with an equally GROWN man, no problem. 

But were talking about ONE minor with 2 GROWN men. Black or white....that looks suspicious.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

My last comment was in reply to wildfire only… 
eta, but danie I'm not reaching and its sad that you think i am.. many will probably agree with you though.. still very sad. 


I say your reaching because you accuse us of assimilating b/c we understand the suspicion of two grown men being with a CHILD and it's apparent that they are not related. That's why they have the parents sign the papers stating that she has permission to be with them and he has guardianship....Because she is a child.

I agree with some of your points, they were dead wrong on how they ran up to those people and acted, but the suspicion is with the age difference. The sex trade is real and it's all around us.

how is it apparent that they weren't related in some way..? ppl can be related in some way and not look like it.. don't act ignorant…if this isn't being conditioned to the norms of the way white police act and how they suspect blacks these days… idk what is… 

the police had no idea about the parents signing the papers until they decided to harass them.. and as a black man they obviously knew the chances of this.. which is why they got proof of guardianship.. but as i said.. before they were harassed.. from the perspective of someone simply seeing this group at a gas station.. it could have been a little cousin (cousins don't typically favor each other.. as I'm sure you know) or a niece.. or anyone. 
you should not feel like its understandable for these white men who are power hungry to go harass any situation that they deem is out of the norm. 

ok.. I'm done going back and forth on this.. you live in florida so you're extra extra used to this ish.. if you wanna accept it, i feel bad for you.  


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

My last comment was in reply to wildfire only… 
eta, but danie I'm not reaching and its sad that you think i am.. many will probably agree with you though.. still very sad. 


I say your reaching because you accuse us of assimilating b/c we understand the suspicion of two grown men being with a CHILD and it's apparent that they are not related. That's why they have the parents sign the papers stating that she has permission to be with them and he has guardianship....Because she is a child.

I agree with some of your points, they were dead wrong on how they ran up to those people and acted, but the suspicion is with the age difference. The sex trade is real and it's all around us.


how is it apparent that they weren't related in some way..? ppl can be related in some way and not look like it.. don't act ignorant…if this isn't being conditioned to the norms of the way white police act and how they suspect blacks these days… idk what is… 

the police had no idea about the parents signing the papers until they decided to harass them.. and as a black man they obviously knew the chances of this.. which is why they got proof of guardianship.. but as i said.. before they were harassed.. from the perspective of someone simply seeing this group at a gas station.. it could have been a little cousin (cousins don't typically favor each other.. as I'm sure you know) or a niece.. or anyone. 
you should not feel like its understandable for these white men who are power hungry to go harass any situation that they deem is out of the norm. 

ok.. I'm done going back and forth on this.. you live in florida so you're extra extra used to this ish.. if you wanna accept it, i feel bad for you.  


I was scrolling up and caught the end of your reaching nonsense so I'm not even gonna read the rest.

You can't even have a decent back and forth without resulting to the basic bish insults so imma just KIM and let you continue to look crazy

Hit me when you wanna talk on some grown women type responses, kay? I don't like to argue with kids    


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:35pm
i know good and well I've been out with my older cousins before.. who don't look anything like me… who are 10+ years older… 
I've spent weeks with them in other cities… 

and i was in florida for months with my older cousins when i was like 15 (i looked younger) and they were at least 5 years older.. so its not just an age thing..cus we all know if they were the same race this wouldn't have happened. its a race thing as well.. and it shouldn't been seen as understandable or accepted. 




Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:39pm
if me saying that you live in florida and you're used to racism was a 'basic bish insult' then you're definitely ignorant… 

you don't need to go back and forth with me any longer cus you have nothing to say… and i don't care to read it.. y'all will not convince me that this type of harassment.. or 'investigating' even before the cuffing.. was okay. 

good day… 
^^^ see.. that was an adult or 'grown woman' response.. i don't gotta resort to calling you a bish like you did… its not that serious.. especially in a topic like this.. that was mighty hypocritical.. but I'm the kid right.? k, ciao. 
learn from me Cool


Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:41pm
I don't think most people are going to go up to ANYONE who has a child with them and ask what they're doing with said child or if they have proof of their relationship to the child.


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

if living in florida and being used to racism was a 'basic bish insult' then you're definitely ignorant… 

you don't need to go back and forth with me any longer cus you have nothing to say… and i don't care to read it.. y'all will not convince me that this type of harassment.. or 'investigating' even before the cuffing.. was okay. 

good day… 
^^^ see.. that was an adult response.. i don't gotta resort to calling you a bish like you did… its not that serious.. especially in a topic like this.. that was mighty hypocritical.. but yea, ciao. 
learn from me Cool



Girl, you still reaching AND putting words in my mouth. That's a non adult conversation--Taking ish I DIDNT say and making a whole arguments based off of it. You don't know what I experience in Florida, because you don't know me and you don't what degree of racism I have experienced here in relation to other places...now that's ignorant in it's Webster dictionary sense. you just throwing Florida in the mix to get likes, that why I called you basic

So yeah, I don't have anything else to say because even when I've essentially AGREED (in black and white) to a lot of what you said, you still only see what you wanna see, even if something you see isn't something I said.


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:54pm
s/n:one of the dance teachers name is Emmanuel Cross and apparently his job is to make white people feel like they have talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNby8FhmkCE#t=177" rel="nofollow - video




Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:58pm
So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 5:03pm
Sleepy i don't do/say anything on here for likes/thanks..

and i didnt put a thing in your mouth.. nor am i reaching.. you may have agreed to some of what i said but you are still not seeing my huge point and what I feel like is the biggest problem in this situation. I'm not gonna go any further into that though… 
 it is what it is. i hope you see the light one day 
 



Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.
LampLamp


Imma call kfoxx in here. Y'all best behave!


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.
LampLamp


Imma call kfoxx in here. Y'all best behave!

this is what i said in one of my long paragraphs… y'all are conditioned.. to feel like its understandable.. just cus its out of the norm. 

sad. 

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

if this isn't being conditioned to the norms of the way white police act and how they suspect blacks these days… idk what is… 



Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Even worse someone probably reported them as looking suspicious prompting the police swarm.
Exactly


Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I only read the article but Imma roll with coco on this. The trio look to be in the same age range and I would think they were friends. They quickly handcuffed the instructors and put them in police cars like they commited a crime? Cuff first, ask questions later? foh.

And coco, I clapped on every syllable when I read your posts.LOLThumbs Up



Alllla this. I fully agree with Coco.. and they all do look to be around the same age. I would think they were all in college/high school together LOLConfused

And I did side eye when the mama said "she is owed an apology".. but in the end, the girl did get it worst by being taken to CPS.. but I still dont like how she didnt say THEY..


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.
LampLamp



LampLampLamp


Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:23pm
That poor little white girl....





Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 7:30pm
If they were all the same race no, then it wouldn't "look" weird, it would still be weird for a minor girl to travel unaccompanied with 2 unrelated grown men.
Where were they sleeping?


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 8:35pm
i disagree with them looking around the same age...she looks14/15 atm and they look about 18-20 atl. I see the racism here but i'd be a liar if i said i wouldnt wonder why a young black girl was traveling with two white men, that is not something I personally see all the time so like anything out of the norm it will raise questions in my head. The same for this situation. Should they have been arrested? Absolutely not, did the cops do the most? Hell yes.
On an altogether different note, I also wonder why her parents allowed her to travel alone with two older male instructors, regardless of race Confused


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 8:42pm
ETA: now if she were older and traveling with them, i wouldnt look twice. I see black MEN walking around with white WOMEN all the time.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 9:04pm
dam at the officer asking the mom 'do you know your daughter is with 2 black men?'

I don't know why this was suspicious to the police though other than race.

 


Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 10:42pm
Shyt racist


Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 12:27am
1. I had to go back and actually watch the vid, she looks 13 to ya'll? I would have thought they were around the same age

2. +38 on everything coco said



Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:02am
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I don't think most people are going to go up to ANYONE who has a child with them and ask what they're doing with said child or if they have proof of their relationship to the child.


http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/white-dad-accused-of-kidnapping-biracial-kids_topic360423_page2.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/white-dad-accused-of-kidnapping-biracial-kids_topic360423_page2.html

although you said most, im gonna post my lank anyway


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:04am
most of you saying you understand wouldnt have bat an eye if they were the same color, why some of you trying to rationalize your thinking black men are dangerous or a threat. its ok


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 7:13am
An unrelated little girl traveling alone with 2 men bothers me. Doesn't matter the race.
Yes, I think grown men prey on young women. I wouldn't even let a young girl travel with uncles or cousins, only people she already lives with.


Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 7:53am
The reasons that this could be questionable are
1. They see a white girl with black men.
Or
2. They see a young girl with grown men.

I get that we live in a messed up world and human trafficking happens but I'm not going to justify that this doesn't look "right". The ingrained prejudices are getting the best of people.


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.
Yes..I think it would have still looked suspicious.
 
 
However, I didn't see the video at first. Totally thought this was a young/older type of situation. They look about the same in age...and could have easily passed for friends.


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

most of you saying you understand wouldnt have bat an eye if they were the same color, why some of you trying to rationalize your thinking black men are dangerous or a threat. its ok
This definitely wasn't my rationale. If the roles were switched (black girl, two white men) my side eye would have still been activated.


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 9:01am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i know we're on the race issue now, but when i traveled with my dance team, mommy or daddy came with. 


cuz you parents love youLOL


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 9:01am
i know we're on the race issue now, but when i traveled with my dance team, mommy or daddy came with. 


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i disagree with them looking around the same age...she looks14/15 atm and they look about 18-20 atl. I see the racism here but i'd be a liar if i said i wouldnt wonder why a young black girl was traveling with two white men


IA


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.


If you saw a black girl with two adult white men, you would be suspicious too.

I have no doubt race was the issue they were checked. That doesn't negate from the fact that she is a minor travelling alone with adult men.
I dont like that
. when questioning moved to harassment, thats what i have an issue with.

I dont have a big problem with them being checked. That child's mother shouldnt have allowed her to be travelling alone with two men, regardless of race.



Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

most of you saying you understand wouldnt have bat an eye if they were the same color, why some of you trying to rationalize your thinking black men are dangerous or a threat. its ok


if i lived in the US and saw
a black girl with what looks like two adult/older white men, I would call the cops.


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.


If you saw a black girl with two adult white men, you would be suspicious too.

I have no doubt race was the issue they were checked. That doesn't negate from the fact that she is a minor travelling alone with adult men.
I dont like that
. when questioning moved to harassment, thats what i have an issue with.

I dont have a big problem with them being checked. That child's mother shouldnt have allowed her to be travelling alone with two men, regardless of race.


Don't tell me how I would feel wildfire. 

I watched the video and her face looks about as adult as those 'adult men' to me. 
I mean, I live in a city where an 18 yr old gets into trouble and on the news and they refer to him as 'the adult male 6'2, black hair...etc.

How old are they? They look like her peers. Her face looks mature, and she probably acts more 'in the know' and 'cool'. After all, she is dancing hip hop or whatever, with black instructors. Dressed to suit the part, et al. 
She is not a frail white girl dancing ballet at Julliard with her nose in the air. 
Also, what city are they in? How urbanized is it?

All that to say, they look more like peers to me. 

I reside in a VERY multicultural city and as a matter of fact, as a young teen in high school, I often rolled my eyes at the amount of white girls who slicked their hair back with a tub of gel, bamboo ear rings, and brought down their baby hairs just like the black teens they went to school with. They were poor like them, lived in the same apartment complexes as them, and would say things like 'bun it dung' and 'yeah famolay I zee it, styll' 

So WHEN (not if) I saw Jessica Lombardi walking home from DANCEHALL/Hip Hop practice with 'Jay'and 'B' from Mayhem's Finest Dance Crew I didn't bat an eye. 

And When I saw Danielle Wallace with a spiked Mohawk and space boots, and ear spacers with Aston and Brendan, I knew what it is. I lived in Toronto and that is not uncommon. 



 




Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 1:50pm
Also, the police had to have seen them from a distance, before approaching them, no?

What was their body language like? Was she laughing, interacting with them? 
Or did she look distressed? Fearful?

If I were a police officer, as a public servant and as a rational person, these are the clues I would look for to decipher red flags. 

The way I see it, they saw a precious White Cherub, and two 'big' 'burly' 'scary' black males and decided that she MUST have been kidnapped, because white bitches ain't been hoppin on black dick like since America was 'founded', right?

In the city I live, if I saw this scenario (and I see it pon a regulah!) I'm not worried. 


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:


Don't tell me how I would feel wildfire. 

I watched the video and her face looks about as adult as those 'adult men' to me. 
I mean, I live in a city where an 18 yr old gets into trouble and on the news and they refer to him as 'the adult male 6'2, black hair...etc.

How old are they? They look like her peers. Her face looks mature, and she probably acts more 'in the know' and 'cool'. After all, she is dancing hip hop or whatever, with black instructors. Dressed to suit the part, et al. 
She is not a frail white girl dancing ballet at Julliard with her nose in the air. 
Also, what city are they in? How urbanized is it?

All that to say, they look more like peers to me.



they do not look like her peers to me.





Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 1:56pm
cool. 



Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Were Landry Thompson and dance instructors victims of stereotyping and racism?

What the fuk do you think, Sherlock?

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Oh they owe HER an apology? 

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

my 13 year old is not going no where with two men.  where's her father?


All these.


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i thought id be the last person to say this… 
but y'all are getting too used to this ish. its not okay just cus to some cops a white girl shouldn't be with 2 black men. its not understandable.. its not not of that… 
y'all are assimilating 



This.

This is not something we should just accept.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:37pm
If it was two white men with a black girl I'd be equally uncomfortable....just being honest.


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:47pm
was it bhm that discussed the situation where in walmart, someone reported a white man with his biracial daughter? or something like that. my bhm memory isn't that great


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

If it was two white men with a black girl I'd be equally uncomfortable....just being honest.

I'd be more uncomfortable.
White men are dangerous perverts.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

If it was two white men with a black girl I'd be equally uncomfortable....just being honest.

I'd be more uncomfortable.
White men are dangerous perverts.

You know what I'd probably be more.....


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 9:20pm
people in here acting like they wouldnt turn their head if they saw the situation in the OP in reverse. I'd still wonder if it were two black women and a white boy, two white women and a black boy, etc. Its not an everyday thing to see, point blank.


Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 10:36pm
Yall remember that story of the (OLD) white man who got arrested a couple of times for having his little black granddaughter on the beach with him? I was just laughing about that the other day

I'm not really comparing the 2 situations because they're different to me

But seriously, I'm wondering WTF was the cops reasoning in this situation. It's not uncommon at all to see mixed groups of friends in Houston ESPECIALLY if you're near any of the universities. I think the cops are lying. They probably didn't even originally see the girl. They were probably bored and decided to f*ck with some black boys... OR they got a little irritated seeing a white girl with black boys thinking theyre together maybe


Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:20am
Ok I get that a lot of you are saying you'd be suspicious but would you alert the authorities or get to the bottom of it yourselves?


Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 7:50am
The officers were wrongggg in this situation....Houston has a big problem with sex trafficking and some1 probably just wanted to be a heroSleepy


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Ok I get that a lot of you are saying you'd be suspicious but would you alert the authorities or get to the bottom of it yourselves?
Stern Smile this is not yt hair media.com..chile..


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.
LampLamp


Imma call kfoxx in here. Y'all best behave!


I was just about to quote Derri too!!  Girl my pressure was already up by the time I got to this pageLOL

I get the confusion here.  So ask the question if you're so concerned about the black brutes you see and automatically assume that they are violent raping ass rapists, HOWEVER, when you confirm by speaking to the adults and the child that everything is above board take your ass to the donut shop and have a fckn coffee while you discuss your thwarted efforts to 'save' another white girl from captivity.  FOH with all the capes for the police in this situation.   Niccah's receipts don't even work in this bish. 



Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Ok I get that a lot of you are saying you'd be suspicious but would you alert the authorities or get to the bottom of it yourselves?



Stern Smile this is not yt hair media.com..chile..




Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 10:05am
LmaoLOL


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

So if she was with 2 white males, would it have looked suspicious?

The fact that it looks suspicious because they are BLACK shows that the conditioning has worked.
LampLamp


Imma call kfoxx in here. Y'all best behave!


I was just about to quote Derri too!!  Girl my pressure was already up by the time I got to this pageLOL

I get the confusion here.  So ask the question if you're so concerned about the black brutes you see and automatically assume that they are violent raping ass rapists, HOWEVER, when you confirm by speaking to the adults and the child that everything is above board take your ass to the donut shop and have a fckn coffee while you discuss your thwarted efforts to 'save' another white girl from captivity.  FOH with all the capes for the police in this situation.   Niccah's receipts don't even work in this bish. 



There are no capes tho.....people simply said they would be suspicious as well....the fact that they did the most in the situation get no capes....



Print Page | Close Window