Print Page | Close Window

Your random hair thoughts of the day

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366435
Printed Date: Nov 21 2018 at 1:49am

Topic: Your random hair thoughts of the day
Posted By: Wildfire
Subject: Your random hair thoughts of the day
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 11:31am
I'm bored. wish my hair would grow faster

....lets keep this thread goingBig smile

Replies:
Posted By: Brilaw
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:21pm
MY, my, my how my edges have grown! 

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:35pm
^^what've you been doing? mine have thinned some

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:35pm
I lost too much with today's comb out

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 11:37pm
I did Henna today !!!!

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Dec 01 2013 at 3:26pm
My hair looks super greasy due to the 1 inch a week challenge.

Posted By: Loves2Laugh
Date Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 5:47am
I'm wondering if the softness and the naps / waves I gained on my hair over the summer were a fluke. I don't think they're coming back.

Posted By: tbaby123
Date Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 10:38pm
How many oils can you use together? Do you specific oils for your scalp and another for you ends or does it not matter? Can you out them in a bottle or do you use seperately?

If I wanted to moisturizer my leave out.. I do leave in and an oil but what do I use for a butter(LOC method) and do I also use a heat protectant to straighten?

Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

^^what've you been doing? mine have thinned some

Mine has thinned so much it's embarrassing

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 12:23am
I'm looking forward to 2014 hair goals!!!

Finally aiming for BSL.

I can't believe I've been on this hair journey since 2007.
I should be Hip Length by now LOL

Relaxed
Texlaxed
Big Chopped
Natural
Back to Texlaxed...

It has been a journey alright.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:45pm
The hair sections at BHM are a ghost town.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:46pm
Correction *real* hair sections

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:48pm
BSL and Back fat length is looking more attainable by next December !! Can't wait to sleep on my hair. LOL

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

The hair sections at BHM are a ghost town.

It's a real shame. Unhappy

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

It's a real shame. Unhappy

I agree!
So hows your hair journey coming along?

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:54pm
It's going okay. I've been really busy though recently so my hair has taken a backseat but it's still doing extremely well. I've also learnt to not wash once a week now just when I feel like it and my splt ends and ssk's have heavly reduced! Wink

How is your newly telaxed hair coming now??  Smile

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:55pm
Excuse my typo's, keyboard going on crazy always!!

Posted By: NJoy
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 5:46pm
Don't know why I ever got away from chunky twists. Convenient.

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 5:59pm
Most of the "old heads" of BHM, are posting over on LHCF. or have their own youtube channels.

I watched how one, who was really helpful in the natural section, doesn't talk to us anymore.  But she posts regularly on LHCF.

See that's what happens when folks get money (or grow some hair on their heads).. They move out of the Luggage compartment and go straight to the "economy class".

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 6:04pm
good to see you back, Miss Njoy..

looks like all is not lost.

Smile

Posted By: relaxedtresses
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 6:05pm

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Smile

Thanks, girl. I'm hoping things pick up around here, especially now that it's the end of the year. I'm fiending for some reveals.   

Oh and Beverly over at lhcf banned me for no good reason so, no economy class for me. I'll live.

Posted By: tbaby123
Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 7:07pm
ugh! im so frustrated about this natural mess--- i did the strand test and i am apparently low porosity, but through my readings, it says that those with high porosity--they need to moisture at least every day.. and i feel like i have to do that.. so how can that be?

and i already bought castor oil, but I shouldn't use it?/ and use jojoba oil instead?? but im tryna grow my edges thicker!

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:01pm
My hair is grazing waist length, but it is sooooooo thin it's creepy.
Maybe I should resign myself to using fill-in hair pieces for bulk

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:14pm

It's going okay. I've been really busy though recently so my hair has taken a backseat but it's still doing extremely well. I've also learnt to not wash once a week now just when I feel like it and my splt ends and ssk's have heavly reduced! Wink

Thats awesome!
How often are you washing now to reduce splits?

Texlaxed hair is cool. I have a regi and now its time to retain and grow some length.
2013 has been the year of trial and error for sure.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 11:21pm
I am grazing waist length, but it's still so thin, it' weird

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 3:56am

Thats awesome!
How often are you washing now to reduce splits?

Texlaxed hair is cool. I have a regi and now its time to retain and grow some length.
2013 has been the year of trial and error for sure.

Not very often now, maybe every fortnight roughly which is funny as when I wasn't on a hair journey I had bad dandruff issues and washed every 2 weeks. Must mean my hair is in good health now. In between washes I oil and water rinse my hair.

That's great news! So bring on the 2014 growthathon, I think I will start a thread for BSL/MBL 2014 as I'm almost kissing BSL now. Smile

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 3:58am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

Smile

Thanks, girl. I'm hoping things pick up around here, especially now that it's the end of the year. I'm fiending for some reveals.   

Oh and Beverly over at lhcf banned me for no good reason so, no economy class for me. I'll live.

There was thread not to long ago in the Natural Hair care Section well back in January about end of year reveal, I'll rummage around and post my end year picture there. Wink

Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 4:39am
i wonder if i mi my evoo with my co wash conditioner, would it really be beneficial to my short natural hair. i would like to hit cbl by next summer.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 11:15am
im loving how much ive been enjoying my hair the last 6 month.  i hope this high continues.

Date Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 3:47pm

Not very often now, maybe every fortnight roughly which is funny as when I wasn't on a hair journey I had bad dandruff issues and washed every 2 weeks. Must mean my hair is in good health now. In between washes I oil and water rinse my hair.

That's great news! So bring on the 2014 growthathon, I think I will start a thread for BSL/MBL 2014 as I'm almost kissing BSL now. Smile

Yes please start a challenge. I will join and be active.
MBL chasing sistahs (such as yourself) will be such an encouragement to see in the same challenge.

I will keep a lookout for the challenge!!

Silly question.. but what is fortnight? Is that 4 days?

Right now I'm washing every 3-4 days, but I am considering going to 1x a week during the cold season.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 1:03am

Yes please start a challenge. I will join and be active.
MBL chasing sistahs (such as yourself) will be such an encouragement to see in the same challenge.

I will keep a lookout for the challenge!!

Silly question.. but what is fortnight? Is that 4 days?

Right now I'm washing every 3-4 days, but I am considering going to 1x a week during the cold season.

fortnight = 2 weeks/14 days Smile When summer comes around again probably will go back to once a week.

At the moment my hair on the sides and back are growing fast which pulls down between APL - BSB but my crown and front seem to be playing catch up so I think the challenge will help even things out.

Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:32pm
OK..

crossing my fingers with this.. since using the amla powders, it seems my "scalp" feels/breathes better. 

Plus, i'm doing the garlic/onion juice  mixed with Mega growth oil. 2x a day..

Once at night before i baggy, and when i awaken/massage my scalp. i apply it.

Mixing it with an oil (Mega growth  and JBCO) dilutes the smell.. thus, i'm not running around the hospital or the gym smelling like a hamburger with lettuce, ketchup, pickles, EXTRA onions and garlic fries..

Ouch

Date Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:41pm
another tip for wig wearers with fast drying (highly porous?) fine, 4c/z hair.

I've noticed at the end of the day? i hear an occasional small "snap" when i take off my mesh wig cap.Ouch

If you spritz your hair for moisture? why not the wig cap? 

thus, after i've moisturized/sealed, i take the dry wig cap, give it a moisturizing spritz as well, and place it on my head before putting on my wig.

One, it keeps the wig cap from sucking the moisture out of your hair, and the wig  on top of it helps retain moisture.

I have no idea how this works for other hair textures?  but it definitely cuts out the wig cap pulling on 4c/z hair.. I only use the MESH wig caps, because they're more "breathable" and they stretch better.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:58pm
I am finding that my hair does so much better when I pay more attention to the pH of the products I use. I am going to pH test all my Shampoos and Conditioners. Opening cuticles(higher pH) and closing them(lower pH) continually, IMO weakens the hair. IDK, just thinking out loud

Posted By: wanderlust87
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

I am finding that my hair does so much better when I pay more attention to the pH of the products I use. I am going to pH test all my Shampoos and Conditioners. Opening cuticles(higher pH) and closing them(lower pH) continually, IMO weakens the hair. IDK, just thinking out loud

I don't know if you've seen these lists:   http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-shampoo-ultimate-list.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-shampoo-ultimate-list.html .   

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-conditioners.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-conditioners.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/03/ph-of-leave-in-conditioners-and-styling.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/03/ph-of-leave-in-conditioners-and-styling.html

Perhaps your products are listed Smile.  If not, it may help other lurkers.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:50am
every time i get used to a routine or get comfortable in this hair game something changes.

Posted By: DominicanCurls
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 2:03pm
My hair loves you Henna!

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:24pm
Nubian Heritage hair products is better than Shea Moisture (for my hair).  How is that possible?  Plus this thermal serum by Strength of Nature or Roots of Nature knocks.

Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:46pm
DO NOT BUY GROGANICS DHT BLOCKER "Head Full of Hair"...

i read about this crap on one of the banners.  Tried looking up the ingredients and could not find them for the life of me.  But their description: Exotic berries/fruit/nuts from Brazil and Australia.

Okay, here's the ingredients list:

Water: That must come from Australia
Mineral Oil: That too, must come from Australia
Olive Oil: Oh, THAT'S what the BRAZILIANS use.. who knew??
Petroleum:  okay... Brazil/Australia, local diesel engine
Vitamin E: That gets a pass
Propylene Glycol: Nice food additive for livestock (now we're talkin')

Stearic Acid, Lanolin, Saw Palmetto (The DHT blocker #9 on the ingredients list), Cammomile extract, oat extract, and fragrance.

I added a small amount of this to my moisturizer/growth aide.  I didn't want to use Mineral Oil/Petroleum, full strength on my hair.  Thus, 1 or 2 TBSP. in my usual concoction.  Woke up this morning with a zit on my scalp.
Ouch

That's my signal to not go "full board" with this crap.

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by wanderlust87 wanderlust87 wrote:

I don't know if you've seen these lists:   http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-shampoo-ultimate-list.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-shampoo-ultimate-list.html .   

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-conditioners.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/02/ph-of-conditioners.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/03/ph-of-leave-in-conditioners-and-styling.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2012/03/ph-of-leave-in-conditioners-and-styling.html

Perhaps your products are listed Smile.  If not, it may help other lurkers.

Thank You Wanderlust87. Sorry I did not see this earlier I have not been on BHM lately, this site slows my PC to a dead crawl.
I will check out those sites

Happy New Year

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:27pm
So I want to challenge myself to not use a comb or brush on my hair for at least 3 months. Hopefully by the end of March this will become a habit, and I will see obvious changes for me to decide if I should continue, or ditch this.
I have such difficulty sticking with a regimen

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 9:45pm
@wanderlust87.   Thank You so very much. I've had to change to check the site. This info in invaluable to me.

Posted By: Wik3ddd_Fr3shh
Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 1:22am
I'm getting anxious about my hair. Transitioning is going to be difficult

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 1:23am
I wonder what my natural hair will look like. I have to be patient and pace myself

Date Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:45pm
Well, it's only been 4 days but I have not used anything but my fingers on my hair . I am prepared to Henna today, but apprehensive ... I know it can be done, I just need to muddle through Henna, and D/C without a comb

Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:40pm
My hair seem to be stuck. Thinning/falling out, abundant SSK's .
I am so tempted to give up. Started back on my Vitamins, and will be adding MSM. If this does nothing, I will shave it all off, and sport the BALD look. Hope I have a nice enough shaped head to pull that off

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:51pm
Can't wait to massage my scalp with coconut oil tonight.

Date Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 4:16pm
I think a scalp wash and freshening up my twists are in order for this evening. Now to remember to get started early.

Posted By: wanderlust87
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:41am

@wanderlust87.   Thank You so very much. I've had to change to check the site. This info in invaluable to me.

Np!  I hope you pinpoint the cause & fix for your hair woes.

Posted By: Chula007
Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:27pm
These braids are killing me! I can't wait to take them down, wash, deep condition & re-install this weekend.  It's only been 3 1/2 wks but I have soooo much ng!  Not complaining, trust me.  I think I owe it to my sulfur mix & inversion method!

Date Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:19pm
Got my MSM today !!
Yeah me !! Starting tomorrow

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 1:46am
It has been 33 days since I used a comb or brush on my hair. I was so tempted to comb today . Still taking MSM powder.

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 2:14am
make sure its  detangled and oiled. Dont neglect it

Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 7:19pm
When will I learn that I MUST remove sheds from my hair every 2-3 days. My sheds like to fight on their way out. And if I don't remove them, they'll grab hold of my ends, knot up and hang on for dear life.

Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 1:36am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

When will I learn that I MUST remove sheds from my hair every 2-3 days. My sheds like to fight on their way out. And if I don't remove them, they'll grab hold of my ends, knot up and hang on for dear life.

This happens to me also. I am just too lazy sometimes   

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 12:28pm
That evolve conditioning cap did good to my hair - I will continue to use it. I read some reviews on some curly haired girls forum that those conditioning caps are just as good as those steamers and hooded caps, so I will stick with the evolve one for now.

I was looking up a new avatar since my last one had a butt on and it was removed, and found some beautiful, long hairs:

And sometimes, I wish my hair was super long

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:03pm
@ sexyandfamous, Those pics are inspirational

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:05pm
Proud that I have made it to 40-days comb free !!!!

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:54pm
Whose idea was it for a hair-lazy Diva like me to go natural again? Ouch

I'm attempting to flat iron tonight but, I'm still in deep conditioner and not going to feel like it.  Maybe I'll get to it in the morning.  *le sigh*

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:57am

My hair would be matted by now if I didnt comb it for 40 days

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:35pm
Can't wait to take these twists out my head. Tired of them. One more week!

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:36pm
Im so unsure of what im doing with my hair....transitioning or stretching...

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

My hair would be matted by now if I didnt comb it for 40 days

I have been finger combing. It's working out well. Less hair loss

Date Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 8:26pm
Continue to finger-comb. Hair loss has decreased.
Hot Oil, and D/C-ing regularly     ROCKS !!!

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 3:23pm
Enjoying healthier looking, and feeling hair. The best in quite some time .    Still finger combing. Shedding is minor, no breakage (knock wood).

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:16pm
Seeing lots of fuzzies throughout. Cannot tell if they are some new growth, or remnants of my prior breakage. Either way, it looks like I will get some fullness back.

Print Page | Close Window