Print Page | Close Window

Star Trek.....And Beyond

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366412
Printed Date: Nov 16 2019 at 5:22pm

Topic: Star Trek.....And Beyond
Posted By: Az~Maverick
Subject: Star Trek.....And Beyond
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:40am

Any Star Trek fans out there? Smile

I know I'm not the only one......or am I? LOL

I've been watching Star Trek since the original series reruns on tv when I was a kid.....been hooked ever since! CryHeart

What was your favorite series/movies? Favorite Captains, characters, episodes, etc.? 

Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

What was your favorite series/movies? Favorite Captains, characters, episodes, etc.? 

Big smile
i'm a tos/tng kind of gal. my all time favorite character is spock (prime), but i also love, love, love data. my favorite captain will forever be picard. i feel that he reps the best the federation has to offer-- cool, collected, compassionate, adventurer, lifetime student. 

epis: 

tos- the trouble with tribbles, mirror mirror, amok time, i , mudd, let that be your last battlefield

tng- all good things (1&2), brothers, data's day, a fistful of datas, birthright (1&2)

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:31am
oh and the movies i'm drawn on. i really do like the reboot(s), undiscovered country amuses me, loved wrath of khan and the whole genesis planet and search for spock

but yeah, i cried with:  I have been - and always shall be - your friend  and Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, his was the most ... human 

to this day, i tear up a lil hearing amazing grace on bagpipes. Cry

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:36am
Picard is my all time favorite too next to Sisko. I like the way Picard handles most situations and they BOTH had ammmmaaaazzzzing voices! *swoons* Embarrassed Sisko will punch a mutha out if he had too! Him knocking out Q was one of my favorite episodes!  And I love me some Klingons LOL

My movies were The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: First Contact, Nemesis and others including the movies from 2009 & this year

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:48am
My fav characters:

Spock
Lt. Uhura
Capt. Picard
Data
Deanna Troi
Worf
Janeway (Took me awhile to get used to her annoying voice DeadLOL)
B'Lanna
Tuvok
Chakotay
Seven of nine 
Capt. Sisko
Nerys
Jadzia
Odo
Quark
Vic Fontaine
Weyoun
Dukat

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:52am
I can only watch the original.  That was funny as hell.  The new ones tried to be like, serious and stuff.  I'm not really that much of a sci fi fan.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I can only watch the original.  That was funny as hell.  The new ones tried to be like, serious and stuff.  I'm not really that much of a sci fi fan.

I agree, especially when you have foam "rocks" and green bishes everywhere LOL Kirk was a rolling stone all over the damn galaxy sleeping with all of them. LOL

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:04pm

Picard is my all time favorite too next to Sisko. I like the way Picard handles most situations and they BOTH had ammmmaaaazzzzing voices! *swoons* Embarrassed Sisko will punch a mutha out if he had too! Him knocking out Q was one of my favorite episodes!  And I love me some Klingons LOL
way? that happened? LOL

the only non tng q epi i saw was voyager i think. q had ot reproduce and made a huge deal of it and finding a female q and janeway was in the middle of it all not amused. LOL

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:14pm
lmao @ green bishes everywhere.

"I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker"

"She's gonna BLOW!!!"

You can't make this stuff up.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 12:20pm
I've watched all of the episodes of TNG but didn't really get into the other versions

Of course I loved the deep space travel, but what I liked the most was the prime directive, the chain of command on the ship, the education/specialization of the crew, money/resources was no object ... stuff like that

Jordie and Data were my fav characters ...

Loved the TOG movies

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 2:38pm
Trekie here!

My fav is the Voyager series.  Least fav was the Scott Bakula ones.  Deep space Nine was okay.

Love, love, love the last 2 trek movies with the young kirk and Spock/urula love thang going on.

Mr Worf my fav character.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 2:38pm
^^^ to this day, i don't know anyone that watched enterprise.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:09pm
i loved star trek voyager. 
that is the only one I've watched.. ill read this thread and ppl say the others are better i might try to watch a diff one 

i liked
 b'lanna torres (didnt like her with the co-captin though, forgot his name)
 seven of 9
tuvok 
and the chef 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:14pm

he voice was sexy thoEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:27pm

My movies were The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: First Contact, Nemesis and others including the movies from 2009 & this year

Best line ever:  "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold"  Lurved me some Khan!!  Yep, Wrath of Khan, and the new Star Trek movie w/ Kirk being a rebel and Spock kicking vulcan ass my fav movies.

Loved the sexual tension between Janeway and Chaocate, and was disappointed that him and 7 got together at the end.AngryBe back later, still cooking

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 3:42pm
Yes.  Forgot to mention I loved Wrath of Khan.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Enterprise?

What's that??

LOL j/k......I'm just now watching that and so far, I'm not impressed. T'Pol and Archer gets on my nerves. And the story lines are copied taken from previous series. You've seen one Temporal Anomaly.....you've seen them all

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Best line ever:  "Revenge is a dish best eaten cold"  Lurved me some Khan!!  Yep, Wrath of Khan, and the new Star Trek movie w/ Kirk being a rebel and Spock kicking vulcan ass my fav movies.

Loved the sexual tension between Janeway and Chaocate, and was disappointed that him and 7 got together at the end.AngryBe back later, still cooking

I KNOW! Angry

They were such an odd couple. Him and Janeway would've been better.

I love me some Vulcans too! I cracked up at the beginning of ST (2009) when the Vulcan bullies came to mess with young Spock.

Spock: "I presume you've prepared new insults for today"

Bullies: "Affirmative."

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

that is the only one I've watched.. ill read this thread and ppl say the others are better i might try to watch a diff one 

i liked
 seven of 9
tuvok 
and the chef 

Tom Paris?

Yeah, he was too goofy for me. Funny when Neelix would get on Tuvok's nerves LOL I liked that Pon Farr (Vulcan's in heat) episode after Tuvok took care of his "urges" with his holographic "wife". Doc asked him how was it, and he said "nothing compares to the real thing."  LOL

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 6:14pm

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i liked
 seven of 9
tuvok 
and the chef 

Tom Paris?

Yeah, he was too goofy for me. Funny when Neelix would get on Tuvok's nerves LOL I liked that Pon Farr (Vulcan's in heat) episode after Tuvok took care of his "urges" with his holographic "wife". Doc asked him how was it, and he said "nothing compares to the real thing."  LOL

ohhh… you're right it was tom paris.. i am getting confused (its been so many years) tom paris was the pilot.. for some reason i was thinking b'lanna got with the co-captin.. the indian looking guy with the tattoo above his eye. 
i didnt mind tom.. he seemed like the only guy with humor.. although sometimes it got to be too much. 

i remember that episode i loved the episodes where tuvok actually lived and he wasn't so uptight.. i remember like 2 episodes where he actually laughed.. he was infected or somethin though 

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:07pm

Enterprise?

What's that??

LOL j/k......I'm just now watching that and so far, I'm not impressed. T'Pol and Archer gets on my nerves. And the story lines are copied taken from previous series. You've seen one Temporal Anomaly.....you've seen them all
The ratings weren't kidding though.   

Yeah, ok. See? I'd thought they'd make a better effort than that.

However, when I saw the plug many years ago, it looked off to me. I don't know if it was the prequel set up of it or what, but it just didn't click. I was like-- I'd watch ds9 or voyager before that.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:46pm
Neelix and Kess were interesting...I actually liked her and her emergence of powers before she left the show.  When she played a dictator who took over her body and she had to mentally fight him for her mind, that was a great episode.

I do love the finale of voyager with the old Janeway working w/ the young one to defeat the borg queen and get voyager home sooner.  That episode always got me wondering at the end that the borg queen let them go home in order for the time sequence of the borgs not being destroyed would happen.  Shows that involve any temporal time line changes are always good.

Another fav episode is the time ship that would destroy entire civilians as that captain tried to create a sequence of events to restore a colony.  It was a 2 part series, with Janeway running into the ship in the end in order to wreck it and restore every thing.  I just watched it about 2 weeks ago.  Netflick is my bff
LOL

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:48pm
I only like the original series and the first 3 movies.

Spock/Nimoy love.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:52pm
and I'm still waiting for our meals to be in a pill form that we an get from a vending machine. I used to watch the original ST when I was a kid and that was all I wanted for breakfast/lunch/dinner--a food pill LOL

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

and I'm still waiting for our meals to be in a pill form that we an get from a vending machine. I used to watch the original ST when I was a kid and that was all I wanted for breakfast/lunch/dinner--a food pill LOL

LOL LOL I hear you!

Hell, I'm still waiting on:

Flying cars
My android housekeeper/cook LOL

I would LOVE to live in a world where the war on poverty, cancer, obsession with money, racism, homophobia to be over. ST created that "what if" for people who visualized what the future might be like, and that's why it's been in cult status for so many years. Smile

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:12pm

Neelix and Kess were interesting...I actually liked her and her emergence of powers before she left the show.  When she played a dictator who took over her body and she had to mentally fight him for her mind, that was a great episode.

I do love the finale of voyager with the old Janeway working w/ the young one to defeat the borg queen and get voyager home sooner.  That episode always got me wondering at the end that the borg queen let them go home in order for the time sequence of the borgs not being destroyed would happen.  Shows that involve any temporal time line changes are always good.

Another fav episode is the time ship that would destroy entire civilians as that captain tried to create a sequence of events to restore a colony.  It was a 2 part series, with Janeway running into the ship in the end in order to wreck it and restore every thing.  I just watched it about 2 weeks ago.  Netflick is my bff
LOL

That WAS a good episode, I always hate when each series ends Cry 

Isn't Netflix awesome? now, I'll always have a place to cure my ST addiction...Big smileLOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:38pm
Nerds...lol when I was younger I thought that Star Wars and Star Trek were the same thing.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Nerds...lol when I was younger I thought that Star Wars and Star Trek were the same thing.

Yes I am....AND PROUD OF IT! Stern SmileLOLLOL

The SW fans will tell you quick they're not the same LOL I think they're more hardcore than trekkies LOL

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:45pm
YESSSSSSSS! I'm here! I'm more of a TOS and TNG fan. 

My little black kitten's name is Lt. Nyota Uhura Big smile

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:03am
Momma 00 is a straight Trekkie I use to watch with her......might have to get on netflix and find it.....

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:06am

\are they even similar? lol

One I love (ST), the other I've never seen or cared to see any of them.
eta: even tho hub owns every SW dvd/vhs ever released. I just never got into SW.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:26am

The SW fans will tell you quick they're not the same LOL I think they're more hardcore than trekkies LOL
having grown up with star trek, they were never confused. i'm fine with nerd status. LOL

and i think star wars fans are desperate. and i mean that with no shade. it's like because they only have the 6 films, some animated series and some books or something, they can feasibly memorize that, be hardcore and wait with baited breath for lucas to drop xyz. 

being a trekkie is harder. to attempt, we would have to memorize the characters, bios and plots of like 5 television series, 10 films and 2 reboots on top of the extra sh!t: uniform designs/colors/insignia, ship numbers/designs, planet classes, alien races, alien languages...

maaaaaaan look. LOL

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:27am
I was never able to get into SW either, even as a kid. I just found the whole franchise boring.  Maybe I'll muster up the strength to watch it all the way through when I have absolutely nothin else to do. LOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:30am
They both started with Star and had something to do with space...I think, I've never watche. It wasn't something that anyone in my household or extended family was in to.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I'm still waiting for the transporter

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:32am
i've seen it and was not overly impressed. the effects are/were choice. i don't have to give sw that; it earned it. lucas was genuinely on some new sh!t cinematically and the story was good. the end. that's all. 

then lucas wanted to get all up his own ass and extend the series and kinda ruined it. 

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:35am
@Neka: Right??? They don't hear though! LOLLOL SW peeps have to struggle to be great LOL

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:40am
!! az, i think they do. it's like a napoleon complex. LOL

trekkies can relax. our legacy as a scifi staple is well noted. 

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:52am
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

YESSSSSSSS! I'm here! I'm more of a TOS and TNG fan. 

My little black kitten's name is Lt. Nyota Uhura Big smile

How cute! Embarrassed

Uhura was what got me watching in the first place. Her role inspired many black folks back then. Iwas shocked though when I found out she had an extramarital affair with Gene Roddenberry Shocked

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:55am

!! az, i think they do. it's like a napoleon complex. LOL

trekkies can relax. our legacy as a scifi staple is well noted. 

YES! Yes indeed it is! SW fans will STAY losing......WinkLOL

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:58am

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:35am

Big smile
i'm a tos/tng kind of gal. my all time favorite character is spock (prime), but i also love, love, love data. my favorite captain will forever be picard. i feel that he reps the best the federation has to offer-- cool, collected, compassionate, adventurer, lifetime student. 

epis: 

tos- the trouble with tribbles, mirror mirror, amok time, i , mudd, let that be your last battlefield

tng- all good things (1&2), brothers, data's day, a fistful of datas, birthright (1&2)

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss...

one of my all time favs.  I'm heavy into TNG.  I watched the original but I don't love it like TNG

my list..as they come to mind

All good things (and I swear I was meditating on that episode a few hours ago) "...containment is in critical...i'm losing it.."
Galaxy's Child
The one when Capt. Picard (and others) has been turned into his child self.  It was funny as sh*t having to watch him throw a tantrum.
Angel One
Home Soil
Most with Lt. Barclay
Loud as a Whisper
Cause and Effect
Measure of a Man
Time's Arrow I and II
Who watches the watchers
any episode with Lwaxana Troi
The crystalline entity

I have so many....

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:36am
The trouble with Tribbles ...I think even folks who don't Trek like that one.LOL

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:42am

My fav characters:

Spock
Lt. Uhura
Capt. Picard
Data
Deanna Troi
Worf
B'Lanna
Tuvok
Chakotay
Seven of nine 
Capt. Sisko
Nerys
Jadzia
Odo
Quark
Vic Fontaine
Weyoun
Dukat

Her voice kept me from watching that show for the longest time. 

the few that stick out..

Future's End
The Q and the Grey

and...I don't know the name of this one but I remember ...the ship was breaking down..it was bad..by the end of it...Janeway had everyone abort the ship and she decided to go down alone.  Was it called something like A bad day?  I can't remember but that was the episode that made me want to give Voyager a chance.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:44am
oh...oh..and the episode where the crew beam down to this Eden looking place that was fun for everyone...until Wesley stepped on the grass.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:46am

Enterprise?

What's that??

Gurl shid.  wuuuuuuud..

By that time folks are like "A temporal anomoly?  is that all?"LOL

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:48am

LOL

I was wondering how it ended.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:54am
Fav characters

y'all already know Capt. Picard is one of my baby daddy's.
Worf
Spock
Kess (I just found her interesting)
7 of 9 (not even cause she was sexy but she was so funny to me)
Wesley (I crushed hard when I was a lil teenager)
Lwaxana (hysterical. She was also smarter than folks gave her credit for. Capt was smart.  He wanted to smash but could see she would be too much troubleLOL)
Number One. (he'd be the one i'd go party with...his beard would bring everything to the yard.  Green skin, blue skin, two diccs, no diccs...it's all good.)

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:57am

*leans away hastily throws up complicated warding off hand signal*  sacrilege!

LOL

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 4:00am

having grown up with star trek, they were never confused. i'm fine with nerd status. LOL

and i think star wars fans are desperate. and i mean that with no shade. it's like because they only have the 6 films, some animated series and some books or something, they can feasibly memorize that, be hardcore and wait with baited breath for lucas to drop xyz. 

being a trekkie is harder. to attempt, we would have to memorize the characters, bios and plots of like 5 television series, 10 films and 2 reboots on top of the extra sh!t: uniform designs/colors/insignia, ship numbers/designs, planet classes, alien races, alien languages...

maaaaaaan look. LOL

Baheeeee!! sho u right.  don't go to a convention and not have your facts straight.

I actually like SW too tho.  My boy tells me that some of the books are better than the movies.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:57am
ST:DS9 and the love is strong.

Deep Space Nine- In the Pale Moonlight is perhaps the best single episode in my opinion for this series…
The flashback story by Sisko goes against the prime directive when he abandons moral code.
Perhaps, this episode does show the dark side of The Best Caption in the history of Star Trek existences… however, I do not believe he had a choice.

All in all, what separates this series from others is black love in a Sci-Fi--- Benjamin Sisko and Kasidy Yates. And the Caption did love baseball… and so did Kasidy/wife…

Favorite Characters:
Benjamin Sisko, Dukat, and Quark
Jadzia Dax, Elim Garak
Odo
Worf --- (Love you) Michael Dorn He grew up in Pasadena, California. He studied radio and television production at the Pasadena City College.
Kai Winn Adami
Morn
The whole cast…

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 9:46am
Worf is a Cali kid...Pasadena?HeartHeartHeart

Posted By: smartgirl88
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 11:38am
I'm a Captain Janeway kind of gal. I watch an episode on hulu everyday.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Baheeeee!! sho u right.  don't go to a convention and not have your facts straight.

I actually like SW too tho.  My boy tells me that some of the books are better than the movies.
In personal experience and interaction, sw fans are a rabid bunch.

Trekkies seem to be more laid back. However, you will get clowned if you don't know something "basic".

Hmmmm, I've not read any of the books.

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:25pm
Much love for Star Trek, all of them!
Faves are Captain Kirk, Spock, Captain Picard, Riker, Guinan,  Captain Sisco.
Loved the Next Generation, especially the episodes with Whoopie Goldberg, dropping some strange knowledge on the captain.

I loved the episode when Picard beams down to a planet, and lives a lifetime there, forgets he is a captain, then gets beamed back to the ship, to discover the planet had been destroyed eons before, and he was just experiencing the culture of the planet in a few minutes.  Made me think, what if that's what is really going on in real life?

So many of those shows were metaphysical and scientific at the same time, and I loved that about them.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:04am
How could I forget about Guinan.  She was interesting.  No one knew how old she was, she seemed to be the only one that knew when they were in the wrong timeline, she knew about The Borg and she knew Q before everybody...and had the skills to actually physically fight him from one episode I remember seeing.  I found it funny that she really wouldn't speak on The Borg until they had an actual run in.  In that episode where Q knocked them way out of everything and all Guinan would say is "U better turn back now."

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:35am

oh...oh..and the episode where the crew beam down to this Eden looking place that was fun for everyone...until Wesley stepped on the grass.

Was that the one where Wesley almost gets killed for breaking that window? Yeah, that's the one where everyone would run everywhere just to run....and make love at the drop of a hat......any hat. LOL 

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:39am

How could I forget about Guinan.  She was interesting.  No one knew how old she was, she seemed to be the only one that knew when they were in the wrong timeline, she knew about The Borg and she knew Q before everybody...and had the skills to actually physically fight him from one episode I remember seeing.  I found it funny that she really wouldn't speak on The Borg until they had an actual run in.  In that episode where Q knocked them way out of everything and all Guinan would say is "U better turn back now."

Argh, I'm mad I forgot about Guinan too! Angry

Loved her! She was always the voice of reason and logic, she always had a way of explaining things in the simplest ways....and that would make you stop and think.

Posted By: BHMModerator5
Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 6:32am
Generations - Picard - Love him to this day. Data was one of my favs as well. Could not F-ing stand Deanna Tori...OMG, her vibe/mind reading self. Ughhhh!!!!!

DS9  was a fav of mine

I don't know if it was a spin off but my best of all was Babylon 5 OMG. I was hooked. Their enemy the Shadow had me mezmorized. I loved!!!! that series.

Wrath of Khan the best of all.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:04am
Originally posted by BHMModerator5 BHMModerator5 wrote:

Generations - Picard - Love him to this day. Data was one of my favs as well. Could not F-ing stand Deanna Tori...OMG, her vibe/mind reading self. Ughhhh!!!!!

DS9  was a fav of mine

I don't know if it was a spin off but my best of all was Babylon 5 OMG. I was hooked. Their enemy the Shadow had me mezmorized. I loved!!!! that series.

LOL, I thought Deanna was cool, but her mom, Luaxana, was a freakin HOOT! She stayed trying to get in Picard's pants LOLLOL U like that she was bold and spoke her mind.

I'm gonna have to get in on Babylon 5. I keep hearing how good it is, so I'm gonna have to check it out. *wonders if it's on Netflix*

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:18am
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Loved the Next Generation, especially the episodes with Whoopie Goldberg, dropping some strange knowledge on the captain.

I loved the episode when Picard beams down to a planet, and lives a lifetime there, forgets he is a captain, then gets beamed back to the ship, to discover the planet had been destroyed eons before, and he was just experiencing the culture of the planet in a few minutes.  Made me think, what if that's what is really going on in real life?

So many of those shows were metaphysical and scientific at the same time, and I loved that about them.

@the bolded: Yes, definitely! They also had a way of reflecting on controverial issues happening in present time, like racism, poverty, money, disease, homopohbia, etc. but placing them in a future format. I think that was GENIUS! Also, there wasn't a race (planetary or interstellar LOL) that hasn't been represented in the ST franchise and the concept of living for the betterment of yourself to make humanity better is what I loved most!

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:31am

Was that the one where Wesley almost gets killed for breaking that window? Yeah, that's the one where everyone would run everywhere just to run....and make love at the drop of a hat......any hat. LOL 

yeah...that's the one.  He broke a window?  I don't remember that.  I remember he was playing with kids his age...he was catching a ball or something and he fell on the grass.

make love at the drop of a hat.  Gurl shid.  U know Riker was calculatin' his leave.LOL

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:53am

yeah...that's the one.  He broke a window?  I don't remember that.  I remember he was playing with kids his age...he was catching a ball or something and he fell on the grass.

make love at the drop of a hat.  Gurl shid.  U know Riker was calculatin' his leave.LOL

Yup, you know he was, LOL! That one episode when Riker was disguised as one of the natives on some planet, he woke up in a hospital. To make a long story short, in order for him to divise an escape plan, he had to sleep with one of the nurses who wanted to know what it wass like to sleep with an "alien" LOL

She asked him "When can I see you again?"

And he said "I'll see you again next time I pass through you star system."

In other words....Don't call me, I'll call you, cracked me up! LOL

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 8:54am
I wish I could have gotten into the other Star Treks (NG, DS9, etc). My sister loved them but they never grabbed my attention for long. I love me some Kirk/Spock/Uhura/Scottie/Bones/Sulu

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:00am

Could not F-ing stand Deanna Tori...OMG, her vibe/mind reading self. Ughhhh!!!!!
Ok cause this broad-- remember that epi in which deanna loses her empathic ability and basically acts like helen keller? I was like is this bitch for real? You can't feel and hear people, now you un lost ALL ability to be a counselor and communicate with others?

Like in all this time in therapy, you ain't wrote no notes? "Tears = Sad"? Nothing?

Oh ok. Yo stupid self…

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:04am

Yup, you know he was, LOL! That one episode when Riker was disguised as one of the natives on some planet, he woke up in a hospital. To make a long story short, in order for him to divise an escape plan, he had to sleep with one of the nurses who wanted to know what it wass like to sleep with an "alien" LOL

She asked him "When can I see you again?"

And he said "I'll see you again next time I pass through you star system."

In other words....Don't call me, I'll call you, cracked me up! LOL

Yup.  Riker don't luh dem heaux. LOL I was trying to remember the name of that episode.  That was a good one...I wouldn't be surprised if that has gone down....like in real life.  I wasn't mad at that one lady.  I can't remember if she was a scientist or a politician..or both.   If I knew something was better and greater....i'da left too.

I also like that episode where it was explorers (?) and they ended up separating into two factions.  Hundreds of years later one society was high tech while the other was the equivalent of 1700's England.  The high tech society was dying because they were so interbred...they had to tie into the vine of the primitives. The look on their faces.LOL

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:07am
Deanna annoyed me in the...prolly 1st couple of seasons.  I really didn't think too much of her until they got serious with her character and she actually started wearing her Star Fleet uniform.  I mean...yeah you're the counselor but you're still an officer and a lieutenant.  Just because u have extreme feels don't mean you should be wearing bodysuits on the bridge.  I thought her curly hair was gorgeous tho.  I was hurt when she coloured and straightened it.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:08am

Could not F-ing stand Deanna Tori...OMG, her vibe/mind reading self. Ughhhh!!!!!
Ok cause this broad-- remember that epi in which deanna loses her empathic ability and basically acts like helen keller? I was like is this bitch for real? You can't feel and hear people, now you un lost ALL ability to be a counselor and communicate with others?

Like in all this time in therapy, you ain't wrote no notes? "Tears = Sad"? Nothing?

Oh ok. Yo stupid self…

gurl yes. I be watching that episode with crazy screw face.  foh.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:11am

I think that's what made me love the show.  It made me question some things.  The show... while dealing with theories and such...they made it understandable for the average joe.  Alot of things that I would hear on the show would have me reaching for my dictionary.  It was enjoyable but I also learned a little bit too.

I'm sad that Georgi could not get one nut off in that whole show tho.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:18am
I absolutely HATED Deanna's hair after TNG. It was beautiful when it was black and curly, matched her face and black eyes completely. She started to look old as fucc after it was changed.

LOL @ her Starfleet "bodysuits". Like bish, what the hell's wrong with you? When in Rome......ErmmLOL

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:28am

To make a long story short, in order for him to divise an escape plan, he had to sleep with one of the nurses who wanted to know what it wass like to sleep with an "alien" LOL
Yup.  Riker don't luh dem heaux. LOL
Random fact for this: That alien nurse was played by Bebe Neuwirth.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:35am

I cycle with this epi. Like I'll avoid it so long that I forget why. Then I'll watch it and be pissed all over again.

Like for real? I understand that you're not empathic anymore and it's a shock. However, you can still feel feelings and demonstrate empathy/sympathy/understanding. Please go to ten forward or a holodeck and generate several seats for you to take. Who was dumb enough to give you a therapy license and job?

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 11:26am

Worf is a Cali kid...Pasadena?HeartHeartHeart

Indeed... ND1 ...

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 11:30am

DS9  was a fav of mine

Love you Mod 5...
Much Love Always MK and Family

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 12:54pm

I cycle with this epi. Like I'll avoid it so long that I forget why. Then I'll watch it and be pissed all over again.

Like for real? I understand that you're not empathic anymore and it's a shock. However, you can still feel feelings and demonstrate empathy/sympathy/understanding. Please go to ten forward or a holodeck and generate several seats for you to take. Who was dumb enough to give you a therapy license and job?

ohhhh...snap.  I'm gone find somewhere to use that. LOL  tooken.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 12:56pm

To make a long story short, in order for him to divise an escape plan, he had to sleep with one of the nurses who wanted to know what it wass like to sleep with an "alien" LOL
Yup.  Riker don't luh dem heaux. LOL
Random fact for this: That alien nurse was played by Bebe Neuwirth.

Wow.  That sure was her.  It's funny the amount of people that were on Star Trek.   I remember thinking Ashley Judd was too old for Wesley to be tryna fucc with in "The Game".

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by newdiva1<div> </div><div>I think that's what made me love the show.  It made me question some things.  The show... while dealing with theories and such...they made it understandable for the average joe.  Alot of things that I would hear on the show would have me reaching for my dictionary.  It was enjoyable but I also learned a little bit too.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>I'm sad that Georgi could not get one nut off in that whole show tho.</div>[/QUOTE newdiva1

I think that's what made me love the show.  It made me question some things.  The show... while dealing with theories and such...they made it understandable for the average joe.  Alot of things that I would hear on the show would have me reaching for my dictionary.  It was enjoyable but I also learned a little bit too.

[/QUOTE wrote:

That's what I thought too Newdiva!

When Geordi got blue implanted eyeballs, I was wtf?!  They caint get BROWN eyes? WHY???

When Geordi got blue implanted eyeballs, I was wtf?!  They caint get BROWN eyes? WHY???

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 4:47pm
A fav TNG episode:
Paul Winfield guest stars in "DarMok" where he plays a captain stranded w/ Picard on a planet and he talks in metaphors.  He ends up dying in the end and Picard tells his crew (Winfield's) how courageous he was.  A very powerful episode about communication styles, cooperation, and understanding another's culture. 
Clap

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 6:55pm

is that the one where Data______________?
OH MY GAAWWDD THAT ONE MADE ME CRY ...I am walking out of the theater all snotty nosed and teared up...OH MY PRECIOUS DATA..

Date Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 7:01pm
also what I loved about Star Trek the most...NO ONE NOTICED 'COLOR"...just the ALIEN u r...there were all sorts of races on the ship and not one iota of a racial slur....

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:24am
Thought this was funny LOL

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:29am

Originally posted by newdiva1<div> </div><div>I think that's what made me love the show.  It made me question some things.  The show... while dealing with theories and such...they made it understandable for the average joe.  Alot of things that I would hear on the show would have me reaching for my dictionary.  It was enjoyable but I also learned a little bit too.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>I'm sad that Georgi could not get one nut off in that whole show tho.</div></td></tr></table>
<div> </div><div>That's what I thought too Newdiva!</div><div> </div><div>When Geordi got blue implanted eyeballs, I was wtf?!  They caint get BROWN eyes? WHY???</div>[/QUOTE newdiva1

[/QUOTE wrote:

ikr.  I didn't want to think to deep on it because I refuse to have self hate associated with The Enterprise.

ikr.  I didn't want to think to deep on it because I refuse to have self hate associated with The Enterprise.

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:31am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

OH MY GAAWWDD THAT ONE MADE ME CRY ...I am walking out of the theater all snotty nosed and teared up...OH MY PRECIOUS DATA..

I knooooooooooooooooow.  I felt some type of way.

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:32am

also what I loved about Star Trek the most...NO ONE NOTICED 'COLOR"...just the ALIEN u r...there were all sorts of races on the ship and not one iota of a racial slur....

Actually, the Klingons had one epithet they used, P'takh, means: useless, garbage, non-functional, generally unable to get anything right.

I might start using that for yt people....LOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:33am

I knooooooooooooooooow.  I felt some type of way.

Yeah, I wasn't too pleased with that either....Sleepy at all.

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:36am

Actually, the Klingons had on epithet they used, P'takh, means: useless, garbage, non-functional, generally unable to get anything right.

they prolly called folks that made it to old age P'takh.LOL

Date Posted: Nov 30 2013 at 9:43am
Ok Trekkies,

Let's get on the subject of villans Evil Smile

My favs are in this order:

Khan: Just because....Big smileLOL

The Borg: Resistance is futile. Period.

Cardassians : Ruthless, especially when Picard was held captive by them and the things they had him go through....almost made me shed a tear Cry

Gul Dukat: His sneaky ways, and "love" for Bajoran women reminded me of slave masters...Dead

Jem Hadar: No sleep, no food, no women.....no wonder they wanted to fight all the time LOL

Some others I'm forgetting to mention.....be back later. Wink

Date Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 1:55am

Actually, the Klingons had one epithet they used, P'takh, means: useless, garbage, non-functional, generally unable to get anything right.

that is good..i am calling yt folks at work Haole and one person thought i called them HOLYConfused and actually said thanks...lawdhammercy..

LOL I LOVE THAT WORD..now to pronounce it correctly.....pee--tock<<<<how u pronounce it?

Date Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 10:58am

that is good..i am calling yt folks at work Haole and one person thought i called them HOLYConfused and actually said thanks...lawdhammercy..

LOL I LOVE THAT WORD..now to pronounce it correctly.....pee--tock<<<<how u pronounce it?

I'm dead serious LOL I think it's a perfect description! 

It's pronounced: (puh-TOCK) 

Smh@ that P'tack thanking you for calling them "holy"  ErmmLOL

Posted By: Starrygurl
Date Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 1:01pm
Did someone say Star Trek?! that was my show back then. Don't even get me started with Stargate, SG-1, etc. You know my butt will be all up in this thread soon....

Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 9:51am
Yes! 

Please join us! Big smile

Print Page | Close Window