Print Page | Close Window

Is being Black in America the best possible place.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366369
Printed Date: Nov 17 2018 at 2:10pm


Topic: Is being Black in America the best possible place.
Posted By: OoDles O
Subject: Is being Black in America the best possible place.
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:00pm
.. to be black ... In your opinion ... ?

I'll leave it vague 

*Black=Umbrella term that represents those with direct African Lineage

*America = United States Of America 



Replies:
Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:10pm
just posting to get that 

# "1" in the reply column Clap


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:15pm
placeholder


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:18pm
how could anyone answer that without living in multiple countries for an extended period.  i dont even think you can answer that about regions or states of the US unless youve actually lived in them.  hell i cant even answer that about my state because ive only lived in three of the counties and 2 states.


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:21pm
tough question.

thats why i left it vague and said "in your opinion" 

they're many factors to consider


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

how could anyone answer that without living in multiple countries for an extended period.  i dont even think you can answer that about regions or states of the US unless youve actually lived in them.  hell i cant even answer that about my state because ive only lived in three of the counties and 2 states.

this.. pretty much. 

i was thinking like, 'interesting topic…' 
but then i thought like, 'i can't comment.. cus I've only lived in 1.. I've visited others but i can't really judge from a few weeks in a diff place.. 
its hard to answer. 

but there are a few ppl on here who have lived in diff countries that can comment.. 

-sits- 


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:33pm
actually we live in a world where current affairs are at our fingertips you dont have to have lived in certain places to form an opinion on them

bloggers give you up to the minute updates and unless you have only just obtained broadband you can use that to form an opinion albeit second hand but enough to start a conversation on


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

how could anyone answer that without living in multiple countries for an extended period.  i dont even think you can answer that about regions or states of the US unless youve actually lived in them.  hell i cant even answer that about my state because ive only lived in three of the counties and 2 states.

disagree...

I'm sure you can name places that you WOULD NOT want to live because being black is probably not the best place to be black in.

an Atheist would probably not want to live in Indonesia 
a Muslim probably isn't feeling to fondly of FRANCE

granted those are religious examples but I'm just trying to paint the picture.

when you flip the example upside down...I know where I don't want to live...right?.... but is living where I'm at currently(on a macro scale) the best possible place for me as a black person?



Posted By: oneluv
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:38pm
The US is the best place in my personal opinion. We had the civil rights movement, the black is beautiful era, we have a strong black sub culture that others around the world try to immulate. We have Oprah Winfrey and a black President. I've done some traveling and can say Latin America is a very interesting place for black people. In Brazil black people are the majority and aren't even represented on tv or any other media outlet, they are the majority but are like invisible people. I felt as if black people truly felt they were inferior and don't fight hard enough for equal rights. In London the black people are fighting to make sure they have mixed race kids smh. I won't even go in to the Dominican Republic and how they openly hate themselves and deny they are black to anyone who will listen smh. Anyways, just my two cents.


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:38pm
same as above. I can't compare b/c i've only ever lived in the US. And I don't really think that anyone can objectively answer that.

do you mean in terms of race relations? quality of life?






Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:45pm
despite afro's very valid counterpoint, i'm inclined to agree with tatee. i could offer you the opinion which you seek oodles, but it would be rather limited on my end regarding some kind of rationale. 

to answer the question: i honestly don't know that there is a best possible place to be black. if one's not dealing with flaws here, it's somewhere else that seems just as racist as america, just more covertly so.  it's as though we're reviled on different levels globally.

so if the us is the best, it's purely because america is better due to being the devil i know. 


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

same as above. I can't compare b/c i've only ever lived in the US. And I don't really think that anyone can objectively answer that.

do you mean in terms of race relations? quality of life?





are you as a black person (a BLACK WOMAN) in a position to reach your highest potential or should you be looking elsewhere? ... 

this is as much of a personal question as it is a general question.


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:49pm
how is it in the uk? if i knew, maybe i could say lol


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

despite afro's very valid counterpoint, i'm inclined to agree with tatee. i could offer you the opinion which you seek oodles, but it would be rather limited on my end regarding some kind of rationale. 

to answer the question: i honestly don't know that there is a best possible place to be black. if one's not dealing with flaws here, it's somewhere else that seems just as racist as america, just more covertly so.  it's as though we're reviled on different levels globally.

so if the us is the best, it's purely because america is better due to being the devil i know. 

the lesser of the evils? ... or just more familiarity with dealing with Americas B.S?


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:54pm
From a perspective of prosperity, yes. In regards to unity and sanity..no.


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

the lesser of the evils? ... or just more familiarity with dealing with Americas B.S?
exactly. the former because of the latter. LOL


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 4:01pm
no, i don't think that I can reach my highest potential

yes, i should be looking elsewhere

but idk if there is a better place.

like another person said, seems like we hated on mostly. so idk.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:20pm
I will say yes and I will come back in a sec with stats.

Not my beloved south though.
I can say that quick fast in a hurry.
I love my magic negro land .. I'm not blind.

Take these whites away and then we'd be talking.

I'm gonna see what the numbers tell me.
I'll be back


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:24pm
Imma take that back and answer after I look.
I don't want it to be misconstrued that them white folk did us a favor by bringing us here and that's what some of them think


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

how is it in the uk? if i knew, maybe i could say lol

Crackas can't stand the Africans in the UK.


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:22pm
I lived in Japan for some years and honestly say, if you know the language spoken/written, have a degree and some experience, it could be a great place to live, but likewise in America, but at higher level you'll have do as the romans, but do as the japanese do, but it's not bad if you are introverted and can do a tiny portion of small talk, then it's quite easy.


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:



I don't know

I like the DMV area (can't see myself anywhere else in the US)

does that mean it is the best for blacks? I have no idea

I have been other places of course (not too many outside of the US, I hate flying)

but I have my reasons for liking where I am and those same reasons may be why someone would hate to be where I am

flying is the safest form of travel Samone ... take some ZZzQUIL, put on your favorite Carl Thomas record ..and wake up after landing ...Clap


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:43pm
Minus all the radiation and potential earth quakes.. oh and learning that hard as language ... might be something to Japan

They just work wayyyy to hard over their like yo ... cmon ... this is life??


Posted By: lilbehr
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:52pm
London yes! but like anywhere else you have whites that are feeling the "squeeze" & some push back.
The good thing about  London is , it's huge and you likely be able to find your niche.
You will be exposed to many Africans and variations of everyone.
I would strongly recommend leaving the US mixed mentality at home.
You don't know who you're talking to half the time.

If the weather gets to be too much, hit up southern England, Spain, Italy. 
Florida, as well if you just need some USA & sun or want to celebrate the 4th or Labor Day,
it's relatively inexpensive.Smile



Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 8:02pm
IMO race isn't the determining factor, it's economics.



Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 8:08pm
Coming from African parents this is hard to answer. First generation Americans have heard everything about how the grass is greener in our respective countries but yet our parents brought us here.My parents never went a day without talking about going back to Libeia so I don't know. I am interested in others opinions.


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:



I don't know

I like the DMV area (can't see myself anywhere else in the US)

does that mean it is the best for blacks? I have no idea

I have been other places of course (not too many outside of the US, I hate flying)

but I have my reasons for liking where I am and those same reasons may be why someone would hate to be where I am

I agree with this. I can't put words in other peoples mouth, but if I had a choice between DMV and anywhere else, I think I fare pretty well here. Again this is all I know personally so I'm biassed.


Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 8:15pm
How's canada? I wouldn't mind moving to toronto


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Minus all the radiation and potential earth quakes.. oh and learning that hard as language ... might be something to Japan

They just work wayyyy to hard over their like yo ... cmon ... this is life??


I disagree with this.  Japanese people don't necessarily work "hard."  They like to do things the most difficult fukking way, possible, causing them to work more than they have to.  Also, if their boss is sitting there looking at p0rn, you need to stay there, too, until he leaves.   The other reason why Japanese work long hours is due to the endless meetings they have, so the actual "work hours" where they are actually producing something is on the low side.

I am a teacher, so I get all kinds of holidays off.  My regular working schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:20AM-5PM, but by choice, I come in at 7:45AM and leave at 6PM most days and I come in almost every Saturday. 

For me, Japan has been far better to me than America has.  I don't run into stupid comments half as much as I would in the US.  I am paid much more here than I would be in the US and I have not really faced a whole lot of discrimination because of the color of my skin.  When I do, it's usually white foreigners who dish it out, not the Japanese.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:05pm
When I calculate " best place to be black" I consider the amount of blacks around me as well.

I need that culture .

So even if I were financially better off in....Norway that still wouldn't be the best place bc my culture wouldn't have a large enough imprint.

But I wouldn't say Haiti either bc even though it's filled with blacks their just isn't enough room for growth.



Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:07pm
Damn maybe we should have went to Monrovia....

I completely understand why they didn't though


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

 I disagree with this.  Japanese people don't necessarily work "hard."  They like to do things the most difficult fukking way, possible, causing them to work more than they have to.  Also, if their boss is sitting there looking at p0rn, you need to stay there, too, until he leaves.   The other reason why Japanese work long hours is due to the endless meetings they have, so the actual "work hours" where they are actually producing something is on the low side.

I am a teacher, so I get all kinds of holidays off.  My regular working schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:20AM-5PM, but by choice, I come in at 7:45AM and leave at 6PM most days and I come in almost every Saturday.  

For me, Japan has been far better to me than America has.  I don't run into stupid comments half as much as I would in the US.  I am paid much more here than I would be in the US and I have not really faced a whole lot of discrimination because of the color of my skin.  When I do, it's usually white foreigners who dish it out, not the Japanese.

I don't know exactly how we are defining "hard" but everything you described in paragraph one of your post seems unnecessarily difficult and difficult is a synonym for "hard".. Im assuming that their might be companies and organizations in Japan that are more efficient and streamline but from what I've heard and experienced ...that meticulous laborious approach to most things seems like its more cultural than anything.

I personally enjoy the results of the excessive arduous scrutiny that comes from many of their efforts... but Im more of a Work "smart" type.



Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 10:52pm
I really can't call it.  Any place i've visited...was just that...a visit.  Hmmm....just refer to one of the travel threads we've had.  I'll say for a certainty that whatever I said in there is a place I don't want to live while being black.  What's the best place?  *shrugs* 


Posted By: Xamaycana
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 1:23am
Looking at the big picture, I'd say America is the best place for black people.  I'm a Caribbean immigrant to America, who studied in London and now living in continental Europe.

America has it's problems with racism and violence but I think the chance for upward economic mobility outweighs that.   The most economically stable countries are white or Asian majority, so the trade-off for that economic stability is minority status.  The ideal would be a country that is economically strong , politically stable and safe that is a black majority  That doesn't exist as yet.  So until then, America is the devil you know.  


Posted By: Lomm
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 2:54am
My opinion, being African having lived in Asia and The US I'd say the best place for me to be and live is were I am right now, in my own country were I can earn a proper living, working a job that I enjoy, living free of any sort of issues about my race, color, sex. You're best living were you're happiest US, South Africa, Jamaica, were ever. 


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:11am
When looking at social security and tolerance .... Blacks in the UK have it better than the us.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:17am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

 I disagree with this.  Japanese people don't necessarily work "hard."  They like to do things the most difficult fukking way, possible, causing them to work more than they have to.  Also, if their boss is sitting there looking at p0rn, you need to stay there, too, until he leaves.   The other reason why Japanese work long hours is due to the endless meetings they have, so the actual "work hours" where they are actually producing something is on the low side.

I am a teacher, so I get all kinds of holidays off.  My regular working schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:20AM-5PM, but by choice, I come in at 7:45AM and leave at 6PM most days and I come in almost every Saturday.  

For me, Japan has been far better to me than America has.  I don't run into stupid comments half as much as I would in the US.  I am paid much more here than I would be in the US and I have not really faced a whole lot of discrimination because of the color of my skin.  When I do, it's usually white foreigners who dish it out, not the Japanese.

I don't know exactly how we are defining "hard" but everything you described in paragraph one of your post seems unnecessarily difficult and difficult is a synonym for "hard".. Im assuming that their might be companies and organizations in Japan that are more efficient and streamline but from what I've heard and experienced ...that meticulous laborious approach to most things seems like its more cultural than anything.

I personally enjoy the results of the excessive arduous scrutiny that comes from many of their efforts... but Im more of a Work "smart" type.



Well, the work that I have seen done isn't difficult.  The tasks themselves don't require that much brain power in order to get through, so I don't see them as "difficult."  I do find some things extremely tedious, though.  Getting approval for a budget from 3 different people is tedious, but I don't find it "hard."


Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

actually we live in a world where current affairs are at our fingertips you dont have to have lived in certain places to form an opinion on them

bloggers give you up to the minute updates and unless you have only just obtained broadband you can use that to form an opinion albeit second hand but enough to start a conversation on


your opinion based on blogs etc may not be reality though.

I'm pretty sure most of the world's opinions about JA for example are highly inaccurate.

And we know how quickly and easily opinions become 'facts' in people's minds.


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

.. to be black ... In your opinion ... ?

I'll leave it vague 

*Black=Umbrella term that represents those with direct African Lineage

*America = United States Of America 
 
No, being Black in Europe is the best.
 
I have worked and lived on both sides of the big pond  for many years as an AA so I know what I am talking about.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:20am
elaborate printer ink… 


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 11:55am

It's a lot.

 

I could write a book (I am trying) but in general:

 

I have worked in corporate America (IBM, Compact  ... you get the idea) and now in the same work environment in The Netherlands (Holland). Only I do a lot of business travel to Austria, Germany, France, Belgium and The UK.  I have been to other countries too ... just not so much.

 

Okay, people are not blind - they can see I am Black .. only somehow it is not held against me. It's pretty much a positive point in fact.

 

White people are not trying to over busy themselves with actions to demonstrate that they are NOT racist and Black folks are not as 'damaged' as  AA. No to be cruel but AA have the color/hair issue and now with the ‘baby daddy’ issue … well.

 

There is racism here just like it is in every Western country,. Only it is nowhere neaaaaar like what’s in The States. Nowhere near it and if anyone tells you any different .. they’ve got issues. You can see the boggy man everywhere you go .. it you go there looking for it.

 
Geesh if you look at the povery. drug use, babies in foster care, gangs, prison life etc in the Black community today .. MLK would roll over in his grave. But 90% of that crap does not exist over here. When I try to tell people here about the problems in the US .. they pretty much think I am making it up.

 

Of course, the history of Black people in each country is completely different - except for the obvious which is that we all descendants of slaves. No way to get around that .. but how ít's played itself out .. that is so different.

 

But what happened different and the outcome is different today. My point is .. there is a lot .. going on outside of America. More than I could tell you in a post ..,bottom line … you have to be OPEN and not so much blocked or everything you see will get morphed into a racial issue.

Travel and evolve.

 



Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:29pm
I would live here or Brasil.


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:45pm
Financially? Yes. Best place ever. You can be rich, you can make bank, and anything you do will be relevant and posted in several websites throughout the world.

Tell me how many blacks outside of US have as much money as Jay z or 50Cent?
How many black women out of the US are as richer as Oprah? 


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

I would live here or Brasil.


Brasil is not good for black people; there is no black person in Brazil as rich as any black here; blacks are harassed by cops, and most of them live in the slums in the big cities. Watch a soap opera from there and you'll see that the black women are usually housekeepers or maids, they are never given a bigger role, except the girl who played a slave who married a white man (and turned out to be a total bitch). The name of that soap opera is Xica Da Silva, and that slave really existed; theactress was naked on tv at 18.

But on another hand, Zimmerman would have been found guilty over there, not because over 50% of the population is black, but because over there people would find it wrong to kill an unarmed kid.


Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:38pm
1. Jamaica

Being around people that look like me is something I really value, especially that are getting it. There are yardies suffering, but they're also driving up to their homes in red hills and beverly hills, diving in their private beaches, owning many (most) businesses. I can see myself doing anything because people that look like me are doing everything. Economy and the social ills that come of it (police culture, violent homophobia etc) aside I'd still be there.

2. Toronto

Just because the economy is better and access to prosperity seems more realistic here. In ja, when I was younger I use to fret over not making it anywhere in life because my moms couldn't afford my hs tuition/board. Here the only I worry about is how I'm going to start paying back OSAP in a 6 month window after school is over. And it's hard to internalize racism here as it's not as overt. There are anti-black/Jamaican sentiments shared here but mostly as a visible minority you just fall into the huger anti-immigrant flow here.

Even though I answered I agree with tatee. I think there are places I might prefer if I lived there for a min and got over the initial culture shock. I have my sights set on Atlanta, Kumasi and panama city after school but I'll see.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

.. to be black ... In your opinion ... ?

I'll leave it vague 

*Black=Umbrella term that represents those with direct African Lineage

*America = United States Of America 

absolutely absolutely absolutely not
i actually think it's the worst place to be black...the sh*t y'all deal with on an everyday basis is just beyond me


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 4:40pm
The worst place though?

That's that crazy Canada talking.
No sense of context


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:07pm
Jones shut up

I was just answering the OP's question and it's not shade filled which you obviously feel

I say that because the environment of the US, black ppl are so marginalized....race relations are so deep there. All the threads on here about unfair treatment towards blacks, Trayvon Martin, Renisha McBride, Marissa Alexander, etc...the list goes on and on...I don't see those things happen on such a deep/serious level anywhere else (or I don't hear about them)...and my opinion is obviously biased because I've been on BHM for years and so obviously I'm more attune to what's happening in the US

I actually feel sorry for the black ppl in the US....the loss of your culture from slavery....forced to create a new culture (Black American culture/ down south culture, etc). And the loss of where you really came from

Again I don't say it from a place of shade but a place of I feel sorry for black americans...race relations are deep there

As a canadian, no I don't worry about those type of things (and I'm not proclaiming Canada as SO superior to the US) but race relations are very very different

there's your context (it's an opinion and not a fact sheet, keep that in mind)

and I'm done

eta: i've lived my whole life in canada, spent 4 months in Uganda, 6 months in England, 3 months in LA (and visited various US places), so while I can't say I've lived all over the world, my time spent in these places has opened me up to what it's like to be black there (i still recognize it's a limited perspective which I stated already).


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:14pm
Lol you the one who must feel some type ah way.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lol you the one who must feel some type ah way.

no, you were just a hit dog who hollered because you obviously thought I was dissing your precious US

get over yourself

shiit like that annoys me about you so yea I told you to shut up and gave you your "context"...happy?


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:25pm
Saying America is the worst place for blacks is a stretch .

I say this in everyone of these threads were ppl throw out outrageous superlatives.
Yeah ...you feel some type if way.


Percentage of blacks in ____ makes this hard.

If best means social impact, financially better off, and representation in government then we can find the answers to that.

I'm looking for some comparisons and the percentage of blacks in the other places throws everything off.


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:32pm
I knew somebody was gonna say America. Lol.
I feel like America is the only Western society where blacksactually speak out against racism, classism and colorism.



Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:37pm
As much as I love mi patria, I ain't trying to go back there. So that is a yes for me.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I knew somebody was gonna say America. Lol.
I feel like America is the only Western society where blacksactually speak out against racism, classism and colorism.


thats because i feel like u guys deal with it the most and have been for a very long time (of course another opinion)


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Saying America is the worst place for blacks is a stretch .

I say this in everyone of these threads were ppl throw out outrageous superlatives.
Yeah ...you feel some type if way.


Percentage of blacks in ____ makes this hard.

If best means social impact, financially better off, and representation in government then we can find the answers to that.

I'm looking for some comparisons and the percentage of blacks in the other places throws everything off.

It's obviously an opinion thread....if we were looking at some fact sheet then obviously this would be different, but why are u expecting pp to come with graphs, data and stats when it's based on opinion?? Some ppl don't feel they have a strong enough opinion because they haven't been to enough places, some ppl feel opposite. What about that don't you understand?

@ the bolded, yea that's why I find you super annoying in these threads


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

no, you were just a hit dog who hollered because you obviously thought I was dissing your precious US

get over yourself

shiit like that annoys me about you so yea I told you to shut up and gave you your "context"...happy?
 i'm just sayin, calling a place "the worst" is a diss. LOL  

however, you make sense though and that's what i meant earlier by devil i know. for me, america is great by default because i've not directly experienced anything else that's been better or worse. obviously, someone in another country would/could have a different pov of the us based on (in)direct experience.

it be like that.  *shrug*


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:55pm

America is not the worst though. In reality most of you guys have not really experienced bad and I think that Black Americans and Black Canadians have it pretty good in spite of race relations.

Belive me I know....


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:56pm
It isn't that but think it if you must.

I just get the feeling that saying America is the easiest answer in these type of threads.
I think its bc of Americas visibility not necessarily bc it's the worst.

Just bc this is subjective doesn't mean I can't think you're being unreasonable

We are all talking here.

It's ok......


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

no, you were just a hit dog who hollered because you obviously thought I was dissing your precious US

get over yourself

shiit like that annoys me about you so yea I told you to shut up and gave you your "context"...happy?
 i'm just sayin, calling a place "the worst" is a diss. LOL  

however, you make sense though and that's what i meant earlier by devil i know. for me, america is great by default because i've not directly experienced anything else that's been better or worse. obviously, someone in another country would/could have a different pov of the us based on (in)direct experience.

it be like that.  *shrug*

lol but it's my opinion

when i read all the threads here on bhm about whatever unjust thing is happening to black ppl every week, that's how i feel...it's so sad to me
I don't live there but I feel it as deeply as if i did so thats why my statement was so grandiose like that

I've read threads that have me thinking like how do they do it? How do u live in America as a black person and not be scared? I don't know that feeling

Canada isnt perfect by any means but I mean we don't have the same level of violence and ppl don't get away with it as freely as they do in the States, u know what I mean? Maybe guns have to do with it but it's just so sad to me


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

It isn't that but think it if you must.

I just get the feeling that saying America is the easiest answer in these type of threads.
I think its bc of Americas visibility not necessarily bc it's the worst.


Just bc this is subjective doesn't mean I can't think you're being unreasonable

We are all talking here.

It's ok......

OK and that feeling is what causes u to be so defensive all the time

Im just telling u I'm not here for it today


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:01pm
Man girl gone.
I thought you were being sensational and unreasonable.

I really don't think I'm being defensive.

I just think you're wrong.

That's it really.

Tbh you're the one who got I to your feelings bc I disagreed and said so.
Again just bc this is subjective doesn't mean we have to hmm and nod.

And you know how you be in defense of Canada .
So you might be the pot...


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:03pm
Honestly ... The reason imo why racism in America seems so prevalent is because ... well, yeah we discuss it more.. Cause we're allowed to discuss it and call it out ...but also because Black people in America do hold a considerable amount of power.... and anytime one group is close to a certain amount of power.. The group who feels like they may be losing power starts to clamp down.

Where in a long transitional luhhhhhh period that is generational. 


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:03pm
Then next time say you don't agree instead of starting something
it really is that simple

You can think I'm wrong all you want and that's YOUR opinoin which is fine, next time respect someone else's and we're good


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

lol but it's my opinion
girl please, you're just calling it how you see it. people can take it or leave it. 

also, people from america have said the exact same thing you have about why they will not ever step foot in xyz region of this country (usually the south). 

but yeah, "the worst " is a diss by nature.

you ain't tryin' to be offensive. there's just not a way to sugar coat "worst". LOL


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:08pm
Girl you really were offended by that first comment?

Lol ok Hairdo.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Honestly ... The reason imo why racism in America seems so prevalent is because ... well, yeah we discuss it more.. Cause we're allowed to discuss it and call it out ...but also because Black people in America do hold a considerable amount of power.... and anytime one group is close to a certain amount of power.. The group who feels like they may be losing power starts to clamp down.

Where in a long transitional luhhhhhh period that is generational. 

but also the injustices that occur are on a different level imo...and obviously that's me speaking from a western (Canada, Europe, US) perspective

but yea some of the things that happen regarding black ppl have my mouth dropped a lot of the time...i've been on bhm since 2009 and so yea i've probably grown biased but again i'm sure this thread was meant to be opinion based anyway...and i don't experience stuff lke that in Canada, nor did I see things happening like that in England...

and again that isn't to mean Canada is perfect cuz we have our own issues (hello Toronto crack mayor!?!) but in regards to race relations, I don't see things happening as crazy as they do in the US. 

I want to work in DC one day but I told myself that it will take a lot of adjusting because I'm not used to how different race is in terms of experiencing it....I was actually scared when I went to DC

Up here we all laugh at the ppl who claim they are from the hoods, because we all say the real hoods are in the US (not in a diss way) but the hoods in the US are SO real...we call the guys here wannabe gangstas cuz even in the hood here, you can still go to college/university on the gov't dime...like it's different, u know what i mean?

sorry for the lengthy response hahahah (havent written on bhm in a minute)


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

lol but it's my opinion
girl please, you're just calling it how you see it. people can take it or leave it. 

also, people from america have said the exact same thing you have about why they will not ever step foot in xyz region of this country (usually the south). 

but yeah, "the worst " is a diss by nature.

you ain't tryin' to be offensive. there's just not a way to sugar coat "worst". LOL

lol im glad u understand hahaha 
thanks Beer


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:12pm
jones goodbye!
You and your precious US sleep well tonight Heart


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:14pm
Lmao @ being scared of being black in DC. 
That's hilarious really.
That's like being afraid in Africa. 


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:15pm
Confused by hard you took that.

I will Hairdo..


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

lol im glad u understand hahaha 
thanks Beer
 you're welcome  Beer


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:19pm
I used to be like that too Sang I regards to Chicago.I used to think everyone was dodging bullets.
Then I really I was being crazy.
TC and Sandy said it wasn't like how I pictured.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lmao @ being scared of being black in DC. 
That's hilarious really.
That's like being afraid in Africa. 


the hood niccas scared me....i saw lots of crazies
after a week tho i was fine lol


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:26pm
hairdo is a perfect example of why i wouldn't comment on a place unless I've really really lived there… 

although afro made a good point about social media sharing experiences from difference places.. unless you really have lived there for a considerable amount of time, you can't really adequately comment without just sounding ignorant. 

some bad stories from a forum online doesnt show you what life is like living here. especially when you're looking at things from all different perspectives… and canada is known for not broadcasting a lot of bad/horror stories.. whereas america is the opposite. 

this is like me being a little nervous about italy.. cus bhm told me that italians are racist.. but i experienced nothing of the sort. 
i could go on… but its pointless.. ppl are gonna come to their conclusions no matter what. 



Posted By: Maple Syrup
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

hairdo is a perfect example of why i wouldn't comment on a place unless I've really really lived there… 

although afro made a good point about social media sharing experiences from difference places.. unless you really have lived there for a considerable amount of time, you can't really adequately comment without just sounding ignorant. 

some bad stories from a forum online doesnt show you what life is like living here. especially when you're looking at things from all different perspectives… and canada is known for not broadcasting a lot of bad/horror stories.. whereas america is the opposite. 

this is like me being a little nervous about italy.. cus bhm told me that italians are racist.. but i experienced nothing of the sort. 
i could go on… but its pointless.. ppl are gonna come to their conclusions no matter what. 



Not true


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:38pm
Lol at being scared in the DC metropolitan area.
This is the best place for blacks to live If you ask me.
Top ten in percentage of black people in US.
Highest median household income.
Highest percentage of blacks with a college degree.
Top ten in percentage of blacks that marry.
I can drive down the street and go to an all black country club.
I can drive down the street and see a predominantly black gated community.
The list goes on. Needless to say it ain't perfect. But comparatively its pretty good for a nicca in the DMV.


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:43pm
I can't wait to move back.
I miss it. *sigh*


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Financially? Yes. Best place ever. You can be rich, you can make bank, and anything you do will be relevant and posted in several websites throughout the world.

Tell me how many blacks outside of US have as much money as Jay z or 50Cent?
How many black women out of the US are as richer as Oprah? 
 

Okay, with respect – because I like you.

It’s not all about the financials to a lot of people. People are not so keen on money so much – it’s ‘quality of life’. Almost 50% of the people work part time – like 3- 4 days a week. But they have system of housing set up on a sliding scale for lower incomes such that EVERYONE has a place to live. No homelessness and everyone gets healthcare - even if you have Aids or whatever. They think what is going on with Obama begging for healthcare is crazy because EVERYONE should have health  insurance. The culture is very different.

Hey, I get 34 days a year off for vacation and this is LOW as compared to many European countries. There are many advantages like .. I can’t get fired really. Nope everyone gets a Work Contract in most of Europe – so you have job security like you would never have in The States.

Prisons? Well they are so pathetically empty that neighboring Belgium is shipping in their criminals over  .. MOST of which aren’t even from Belgium. They are from some little African/middle eastern countries that came over and just went off robbing people. But Dutch prisons …mostly empty. They have to shut some of them down. Compare that to the Incredible prison system in America! The way people think is different so crime is lowwwwww.

Anyway, I can go on and on. Bottom line .. it’s about a ‘standard of living’ for most people – not money so you can’t make a point by point comparison between America and each of the 50 EU countries – most of which are almost completely White.

Austria, Azerbaijan, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Vatican, Great Britain, Germany, Hungary, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Finland, France, Croatia, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Estonia

Life is just easier over here as compared to life in The States. I have sooooooo few social worries it’s incredible .. and I feel FREE for the first time. You can’t put a dollar figure on freedom.



Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:50pm
How many blacks there?


Percentage wise?


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

hairdo is a perfect example of why i wouldn't comment on a place unless I've really really lived there… 

although afro made a good point about social media sharing experiences from difference places.. unless you really have lived there for a considerable amount of time, you can't really adequately comment without just sounding ignorant. 

some bad stories from a forum online doesnt show you what life is like living here. especially when you're looking at things from all different perspectives… and canada is known for not broadcasting a lot of bad/horror stories.. whereas america is the opposite. 

this is like me being a little nervous about italy.. cus bhm told me that italians are racist.. but i experienced nothing of the sort. 
i could go on… but its pointless.. ppl are gonna come to their conclusions no matter what. 


considering we're not hiding our cracked out Toronto mayor...i beg to differ hun lol
also i mentioned I've spent quite a few months in Europe, the US and Africa

I have 'some' experience of what I'm talking about...But no I don't need to have been in Florida in Seminole county experiencing the Trayvon Martin travesty to know the fuccedupness of that situation...

Ppl all over the word were protesting (including here in Canada)...that's like saying because it wasn't their country, they shouldn't contribute in awareness...and by that definition, anyone who didn't live on Zimmerman's street(or anyone in Trayvon's family) shouldn't have even participated in anything because it "didn't affect them"



Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Honestly ... The reason imo why racism in America seems so prevalent is because ... well, yeah we discuss it more.. Cause we're allowed to discuss it and call it out ...but also because Black people in America do hold a considerable amount of power.... and anytime one group is close to a certain amount of power.. The group who feels like they may be losing power starts to clamp down.

Where in a long transitional luhhhhhh period that is generational. 

but also the injustices that occur are on a different level imo...and obviously that's me speaking from a western (Canada, Europe, US) perspective

but yea some of the things that happen regarding black ppl have my mouth dropped a lot of the time...i've been on bhm since 2009 and so yea i've probably grown biased but again i'm sure this thread was meant to be opinion based anyway...and i don't experience stuff lke that in Canada, nor did I see things happening like that in England...

and again that isn't to mean Canada is perfect cuz we have our own issues (hello Toronto crack mayor!?!) but in regards to race relations, I don't see things happening as crazy as they do in the US. 

I want to work in DC one day but I told myself that it will take a lot of adjusting because I'm not used to how different race is in terms of experiencing it....I was actually scared when I went to DC

Up here we all laugh at the ppl who claim they are from the hoods, because we all say the real hoods are in the US (not in a diss way) but the hoods in the US are SO real...we call the guys here wannabe gangstas cuz even in the hood here, you can still go to college/university on the gov't dime...like it's different, u know what i mean?

sorry for the lengthy response hahahah (havent written on bhm in a minute)

nah nah... this was good... I don't judge... I might make subtle snide commentary from time to time but I do it with love and compassion...but this is good stuff..

also... people feel some kind of way when someone says... " I don't experience "racism" here ".. That quote alone will ruffle some feathers... apparently where all supposed to experience that same type of equal discrimination everywhere...

I personally think they're pockets within this country (the US) where racism is down right disgusting (overt and internalized) while their are pockets of America that our more moderate classist and full of bigotry. Just my perspective 

 





Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

no, you were just a hit dog who hollered because you obviously thought I was dissing your precious US

get over yourself

shiit like that annoys me about you so yea I told you to shut up and gave you your "context"...happy?
 i'm just sayin, calling a place "the worst" is a diss. LOL  

however, you make sense though and that's what i meant earlier by devil i know. for me, america is great by default because i've not directly experienced anything else that's been better or worse. obviously, someone in another country would/could have a different pov of the us based on (in)direct experience.

it be like that.  *shrug*

lol but it's my opinion

when i read all the threads here on bhm about whatever unjust thing is happening to black ppl every week, that's how i feel...it's so sad to me
I don't live there but I feel it as deeply as if i did so thats why my statement was so grandiose like that

I've read threads that have me thinking like how do they do it? How do u live in America as a black person and not be scared? I don't know that feeling

Canada isnt perfect by any means but I mean we don't have the same level of violence and ppl don't get away with it as freely as they do in the States, u know what I mean? Maybe guns have to do with it but it's just so sad to me
 
Correct. It's a complicated culture but people with too many sad things going on but people here will not understand you ... so let it go.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:56pm
How many blacks there?


Percentage wise?

I would consider moving but I would feel inconsequential.
Not a big enough imprint.

Now let blacks make a mass exodus to the Netherlands.

I wonder how them nice white folk would feel then...


I understand the difference in cultures though. Especially when it comes to Americas stupid fear of socialism.

But I think a lot what keeps the Netherlands together is its homogeneity...

A good chunk of that peace is you guys being easy to ignore


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

How many blacks there?


Percentage wise?

I would consider moving but I would feel inconsequential.
Not a big enough imprint.

Now let blacks make a mass exodus to the Netherlands.

I wonder how them nice white folk would feel then...



I understand the difference in cultures though. Especially when it comes to Americas stupid fear of socialism.

But I think a lot what keeps the Netherlands together is its homogeneity...

Exactly.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:01pm
this is a complicated question. 


i remember the first time i stepped foot outside of america and thought to myself, self? why is it that i don't feel any different than i do when i'm sitting in front of the tv watching real housewives of atlanta? why aren't i cheesing it up, happy and carefree like the people i saw in the travel brochure? 

the reason why i didn't feel any different was because i carry my dreams, demons, angst everywhere i am and no matter the change of scenery, i am not going anywhere. 

 in order to decide whether living abroad will afford you better opportunities, imo, you'd have to ask yourself, what is it that you're seeking that you can't find here?

yes, living in the u.s can easily suffocate the will and drive out of black folk but it goes beyond our dealings with racism and inequality. because race is such a central part of our experience in america, seeking an identity outside the confinements of our blackness while still maintaining our connection to our roots is a daunting task.

either way, you have to ask yourself not just what it is you're seeking, but what is it that you're running from




Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

How many blacks there?


Percentage wise?
 
Don't  laugh .. but it's 2.5% Black - though there are alllll manner of other ethnic groups.
 
But color is not that big of a deal so people are not running around trying to FIND OTHER BLACK Folks. Confused
 
The people are more 'integrated'.
 
Is really is quite different than The States and morrrrre comfortable. No bam bam racial upset every 5 minutes and whatnpt (shrugs) it's peaceable.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:02pm
oodles and printer..i'm glad u guys understand where I'm coming from
and printer you're right, i'm done


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

this is a complicated question. 


i remember the first time i stepped foot outside of america and thought to myself, self? why is it that i don't feel any different than i do when i'm sitting in front of the tv watching real housewives of atlanta? why aren't i cheesing it up, happy and carefree like the people i saw in the travel brochure? 

the reason why i didn't feel any different was because i carry my dreams, demons, angst everywhere i am and no matter the change of scenery, i am not going anywhere. 

 in order to decide whether living abroad will afford you better opportunities, imo, you'd have to ask yourself, what is it that you're seeking that you can't find here?

yes, living in the u.s can easily suffocate the will and drive out of black folk but it goes beyond our dealings with racism and inequality. because race is such a central part of our experience in america, seeking an identity outside the confinements of our blackness while still maintaining our connection to our roots is a daunting task.

either way, you have to ask yourself not just what it is you're seeking, but what is it that you're running from


Running from? I think you are narrowing this down to a very simplistic concept. It's not that simple. Geesh.
 
There is A LOT  in the world that you will not find in The States. Let's real here.,


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

oodles and printer..i'm glad u guys understand where I'm coming from
and printer you're right, i'm done
 
They will never get it - never.
 
People have to get away from America to see how the rest of the world lives.
 
Sometimes people ask if I miss The States ... and I can honestly say .. no.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:08pm
being black in america builds character imo. if you're able to overcome all the obstacles while still holding on to your identity, there aint a country in europe or a city in tropical city in persia that can duplicate the experience imo


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:13pm
Printer I can understand some of your points but ?can you see that race wouldn't be a big deal there bc of the homogeneity?

You say the percentage of blacks there is 2.5 percent.

Let's draw some conclusions from that...


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

oodles and printer..i'm glad u guys understand where I'm coming from
and printer you're right, i'm done
 
They will never get it - never.
 
People have to get away from America to see how the rest of the world lives.
 
Sometimes people ask if I miss The States ... and I can honestly say .. no.

why do you assume that we haven't been away from america..? 
i try not to go along with the group and call you a coon.. but that was side-eye worthy. there are many many ppl on here who have traveled all around. 

anyways, ill reply to you later hairdo. 


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

How many blacks there?


Percentage wise?

I would consider moving but I would feel inconsequential.
Not a big enough imprint.

Now let blacks make a mass exodus to the Netherlands.

I wonder how them nice white folk would feel then...


I understand the difference in cultures though. Especially when it comes to Americas stupid fear of socialism.

But I think a lot what keeps the Netherlands together is its homogeneity...

A good chunk of that peace is you guys being easy to ignore
 
Wow and you would KNOW this just from what? Reading something or something you head? 
 
I think you are grossly misinformed but I have tried to explain it ..  I am out now too.
 
What a waste.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:16pm
I've been places other than my beloved negro land

Not for months or years at a time though.

But yes it's a fact that homogeneity has an affect on culture.

You're denying this?


Posted By: Maple Syrup
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:23pm
I lived in both Canada and the US, I prefer my life in Canada.


Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Printer I can understand some of your points but ?can you see that race wouldn't be a big deal there bc of the homogeneity?

You say the percentage of blacks there is 2.5 percent.

Let's draw some conclusions from that...
 
 
Well, I have tried to explain to you .. but there is more to a country that is older than America than I can document on this thread.
 
The Dutch do not have the SAME history as America .. so why should they have the same percentage of Blacks? Every country is different with their own legacy and problems and guess what? It's not always involving Black people.
 
I really think you try to make Black people the center of a universe around which ... everything else resolves.Confused
 
I am out of this thread too.
 
What a waste.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Printer I can understand some of your points but ?can you see that race wouldn't be a big deal there bc of the homogeneity?

You say the percentage of blacks there is 2.5 percent.

Let's draw some conclusions from that...
 
 
Well, I have tried to explain to you .. but there is more to a country that is older than America than I can document on this thread.
 
The Dutch do not have the SAME history as America .. so why should they have the same percentage of Blacks? Every country is different with their own legacy and problems and guess what? It's not always involving Black people.
 
I really think you try to make Black people the center of a universe around which ... everything else resolves.Confused
 
I am out of this thread too.
 
What a waste.
 
Yes the whole world should revolve around me and my interests , no seriously .
And I admit that's an American attitude...Smile


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:31pm
Lol. I wouldn't want live in a country where there isn't another Black person in a stones throw.

And even if being a Black American is a struggle with racism, I wanna struggle with my people and help them and serve them. Plus, my ancestors built this country. It belongs to me.


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Financially? Yes. Best place ever. You can be rich, you can make bank, and anything you do will be relevant and posted in several websites throughout the world.

Tell me how many blacks outside of US have as much money as Jay z or 50Cent?
How many black women out of the US are as richer as Oprah? 
 

Okay, with respect – because I like you.



Ooooooohhh I got brownie points with Printer!!!!!




Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Nov 26 2013 at 7:54pm
About what Printer said, it makes sense: it is not so much about the money, but quality life. Here in the US you can have that, but you need to work really hard, due to some people's misconception of blacks being lazy. I actually think it is possible to have that in most countries in the world, as a black person, if you work hard.

So I don't think there is a best place. Maybe whenever I live in Europe I will have a better answer to this thread. You have to experience it yourself; I have met people who have experienced racism in Paris, while others didn't; so the answer depends of who is speaking.



Print Page | Close Window