Print Page | Close Window

13 Year Old Atheist Kicked Out By Parents

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366319
Printed Date: Sep 24 2018 at 12:55pm


Topic: 13 Year Old Atheist Kicked Out By Parents
Posted By: tatee
Subject: 13 Year Old Atheist Kicked Out By Parents
Date Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 5:19pm

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/22/atheist-13-year-old-kicked-house/" rel="nofollow - Atheist 13-Year-Old Kicked Out Of Arkansas Home By ‘Christian’ Parents

Author: http://www.addictinginfo.org/author/justine-panieri/" rel="nofollow - Justine.Panieri November 22, 2013 11:19 am
13-Year-Old Out On Streets Because Shes An Atheist

Informing your parents that you’re an atheist runs several risks, if your parents happen to be fundamentalist Christians. One of those risks is being abandoned to the streets.
Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenniferboyer/" rel="nofollow - Jennifer Boyer


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenniferboyer/" rel="nofollow -

Atheists are people, too. Like most people, atheists move out of their parents’ home when they are somewhere in their early twenties. It’s not because they don’t want to, but they realize that living out in the world by themselves is no easy task.

Now imagine, if you will, getting kicked out at the young age of thirteen, before you even stepped foot into any high school. No job, no car. No means of supporting yourself.

This happened to a 13-year-old atheist living in Arkansas just this week. What could have possibly caused this? Did this girl steal all of her parents’ money and spent it all on drugs? Did she sneak out so often that her parents gave up on trying to keep her safe?

No, not even close. After constant questioning from her Christian mother about what religion she believed in, the young teen finally exclaimed http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2013/11/13-year-old-in-arkansas-kicked-out-of-her-home-by-her-christian-parents/" rel="nofollow - “I’m an atheist, mom!”

An atheist! How dare she be one of those…things!

The girl’s parents were so angry to have raised an atheist they kicked her out of the house. Never mind she is only 13-years-old and anything could happen to her. The only reason her parents might be sad is because their daughter doesn’t have Jesus to guide her through this terrible time in her life.

After seeing the girl walking around tearful at school all day, a teacher called her into a conference room to talk about what had happened.

I pray to whoever is out there, even if there isn’t anyone, that the http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/dcfs/Pages/ChildProtectiveServices.aspx" rel="nofollow - Arkansas Department of Human Resources  gets involved soon. A parent cannot just kick their underage child into the streets. This is true even if their child was wild enough to be a guest on “The Jerry Springer Show.” It’s definitely true about the “crime” of being an atheist.

Kicking someone who you are supposed to care about into the streets because they do not believe in the Jesus is absolutely shameful. This girl’s parents believe and worship someone who’s main message was forgiveness, not blame.

Do these people realize that their savior did not have a huge ham on the table to celebrate Christmas because he was too busy lighting candles for his religion’s own winter holiday? Apparently not, judging by their actions.

Almost all the Christians I have ever known have been wonderful people.

Contrary to popular belief, I have never really met one that shoved their beliefs down my throat or called me any sort of name because I don’t necessarily believe in the Bible. There are only a few select groups that give a bad name to a group of people who are, for the most part, good people.

If Jesus could forgive Judas, these parents can forgive their own daughter. Religion may be important to these two but family should come first.


http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/22/atheist-13-year-old-kicked-house/




Replies:
Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 12:44pm
Sad.


Posted By: BrainEater
Date Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:54pm
that sucks


Posted By: SerenityBombshell
Date Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 10:55am
I'm an atheist, and thankfully my mother isnt too into the church.

She's a christian, but she is also a psychic (Not A PROFESSIONAL one.) and has dealt with being called out of her name, and told she was going to hell by "real" Christians.

She knows what it feels like to be devalued because of your [lack of] spiritual/religious beliefs, and I thin that's why as an adult she is very understanding. (For a christian)

It's sad that there are people out there that would abandon their own children.


Posted By: divantraining
Date Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:32pm
As for me and my house, we serve the Lord. I wouldn't have put her out but she gone take the little non believing butt to church every Sunday with the est of us believe dat!


Posted By: Wik3ddd_Fr3shh
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 3:40pm
Sad that they would abandon their own child at such a young age


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 11:09am
awful


Posted By: Ava BIN Badd
Date Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 1:42pm
i got out out at 12.. that is horrible.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:23am
Originally posted by divantraining divantraining wrote:

As for me and my house, we serve the Lord. I wouldn't have put her out but she gone take the little non believing butt to church every Sunday with the est of us believe dat!


Um...yeah.  If your child were as devout a non-believer as you are a believer, you could take your child to church for several hours a day, seven days a week, and it still wouldn't change a thing.  Just imagine if someone insisted on converting you into an Atheist.  If you are strong in you belief, you probably wouldn't change your mindset.


As for this situation, putting your child out for not believing in the same thing as you isn't very Christian like.  At 13, this child might be very serious in their belief and they might not be.  I find it extremely hypocritical, as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.  They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.


Posted By: dazed&
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by divantraining divantraining wrote:

As for me and my house, we serve the Lord. I wouldn't have put her out but she gone take the little non believing butt to church every Sunday with the est of us believe dat!


Um...yeah.  If your child were as devout a non-believer as you are a believer, you could take your child to church for several hours a day, seven days a week, and it still wouldn't change a thing.  Just imagine if someone insisted on converting you into an Atheist.  If you are strong in you belief, you probably wouldn't change your mindset.


As for this situation, putting your child out for not believing in the same thing as you isn't very Christian like.  At 13, this child might be very serious in their belief and they might not be.  I find it extremely hypocritical, as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.  They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.
So much truth. I'm an example of this. And I actually tried to fight my wavering belief back then just because everyone around me was religious. But I couldn't. I just couldn't get with the Bible and all of my unanswered questions. My mother took us to church every sunday for my entire life until I left for college. And once I began questioning things, going to church actually pushed me further and further away.


Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:



As for this situation, putting your child out for not believing in the same thing as you isn't very Christian like.  At 13, this child might be very serious in their belief and they might not be.  I find it extremely hypocritical, as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.


Sorry but that's not exactly accurate.
Atheist don't believe in God, or gods, at all.
Christians believe in the one true God; hence they've not rejected the false ones.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:



As for this situation, putting your child out for not believing in the same thing as you isn't very Christian like.  At 13, this child might be very serious in their belief and they might not be.  I find it extremely hypocritical, as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.


Sorry but that's not exactly accurate.
Atheist don't believe in God, or gods, at all.
Christians believe in the one true God; hence they've not rejected the false ones.


Which gods are false?  How is the Christian god "the one true god"?  Truth is subjective.  If you were born in India, you would believe Hindu gods were the "true gods." 


Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

[QUOTE=TokyoRose]

as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.



Which gods are false?  How is the Christian god "the one true god"?  Truth is subjective.  If you were born in India, you would believe Hindu gods were the "true gods." 


Truth is never subjective.
It's the slanting of the truth that is subjective.

Takeaway lesson is that an a-the-ist believes in no gods at all.

a·the·ist [ áythee ist ]


1.unbeliever in God or deities: somebody who does not believe in God or deities

Synonyms: nonbeliever · disbeliever · unbeliever · skeptic · doubter · agnostic


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

[QUOTE=TokyoRose]

as even Christians are atheist when it comes to the 2,000 other gods they could have chosen to worship, yet rejected.   They are just one god away from complete atheism, themselves.



Which gods are false?  How is the Christian god "the one true god"?  Truth is subjective.  If you were born in India, you would believe Hindu gods were the "true gods." 


Truth is never subjective.
It's the slanting of the truth that is subjective.

Takeaway lesson is that an a-the-ist believes in no gods at all.

a·the·ist [ áythee ist ]


1.unbeliever in God or deities: somebody who does not believe in God or deities

Synonyms: nonbeliever · disbeliever · unbeliever · skeptic · doubter · agnostic


Yeah, these definitions aren't all quite the same and I seriously doubt Webster has enough space to do a proper analysis.  You, for example, as a Christian, are skeptical about the claim that Thor is a real god.  You probably also doubt that Isis existed.  You disbelieve that Buddhism is the real religion everyone should be following.  Just as there are many kinds of belief, there are many kinds of atheism and no two atheists will have the same view points. 

theism= belief in a deity
gnostism= knowledge that a deity does (or does NOT) exist
atheism= ABSENCE of a belief in a deity
agnostism= no knowledge that a deity does ( or does not) exist

Really, two of these opposing terms deal with belief and two of them deal with knowledge, so it would be more accurate to discuss this topic with a combination of the two.

When it comes to religion, what "truth" is is totally subjective.  (I think you are confusing truth with fact, tbh.)  You claim to worship "the one true god."  Well, if you traveled to India and discussed it with a person who practices Hindu, your "truth" would not be truth to that person.  Even among believers of the Abrahamic god, there is a vast difference in HOW to worship that god.  If you go to Thailand, they will tell you that Buddha is the one true deity.  If you were born and raised in Japan, you would most likely not believe there was any deity watching over you and making judgments about your life.  Religion is more so a cultural phenomenon in which gives a person a basic framework for which they can understand the world, death and beyond and their position in it all. 

Agnostic theists more commonly tend to take the position of a Pascal's Wager.  They aren't sure if a deity exists, but they will believe because, well, they don't want to find out what happens if they don't.

At the end of the day, a Christian can no more establish their god as a "true" god than a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, believer in Rah, Thor, Amaterasu, or any other religion can because you have to have faith in your truth.  There is really no way that you can prove that one god is truer than another.  There is no way that a Muslim's prayers WEREN'T answered by Zeus.  (Unless you start getting to the point where you say, all gods are the same--meaning all gods are MY god--then that just gets to the point of sheer arrogance.)

For whatever their reasons may be, whether it be based on faith or fear, most Christians tend to fall into the gnostic theist category.  They will not have doubts about the possibility that their god exists, even if provided proof to the contrary.

Atheists operate a bit differently--and I think this is the most confusing thing for Christian believers to understand about atheists.  Most atheists will fall into the category of agnostic atheist.  Their fundamental position is, "It is highly unlikely that any deity exists, however, if I am provided proof of existence of a deity, I will change my position."  Or to put it in simpler terms, "I can't be 100% sure that a flying teapot doesn't orbit the Earth, but if I am provided proof of such a phenomenon, I will accept it."  I have met very few gnostic atheists.


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:11pm

If you cannot prove your deity without scientific analysis than your claims cannot be backed, we are just taking your word for it or a subjective(personal) not  objective factual evidence.




Print Page | Close Window