Print Page | Close Window

if you were homeless...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366286
Printed Date: Jul 19 2018 at 3:25am

Topic: if you were homeless...
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Subject: if you were homeless...
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:42pm
no family or friends willing to help.  no homeless shelter...this is based on where ever you live now...where would you go to sleep(you can pretend you have a van/car, or not), clean, eat, spend your daily hours, etc?  would you panhandle?  if so, where? what would your sign say?  describe your day.  

the question isn't how you would get out of the situation but how you'd actually live in it.  i love hearing people's resourceful imaginations. 

Replies:
Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:45pm

if I had a car I would definitely sleep in my car

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

where would you park it?  

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:48pm
I'd park it at the Wal-Mart and get job at the McDonald's.

Posted By: creole booty
I would stay with random women that I holler at throughout the day. I'm so serious. I'd b jumping couches, and I'd turn completely gay to do it. Women have such good hearts, I know they'd b like, "we'll u can stay here." Then next week I'd b on to the next chick.

I can honestly not think of anything else. The only thought in my mind was, "well this could never happen lol."

Eta: I can think of MANY ways to get out of the situation clearly, but if this thread is about dealing with being homeless, I just can't twist my mind around that. Good topic lol

oh and I don't think I could panhandle...people are so mean and rude

ive seen folks cuss homeless people out for no reason other than they were just asking for money

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:49pm
i would spend my days in the library. wash and brush my teeth there. read some books, teach myself a trade and look for work on the computer. 

i'd hit up low to mid budget hotels in the morning for their free breakfasts buffets, pocket some food for later. 

i'd get my mariah carey on outside of underground atlanta and collect money in a bucket. 

i don't know where i'd sleep. 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:49pm
i have slept in a car before.. 

but pride aside, when you're cute… and you got a little swag… yeen gotta rough it. 
negros would be excited to let me spend he night 

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:51pm
Smutty answer- Swindle cash,food via dates from desperate dudes on CL ..Then start stripping.

Nonsmutty answer- Say Im sleeping in my car while doing the above response.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

where would you park it?  

ehhh good question lol

maybeee......a park?

if I mustered up a few dollars in gas money...maybe drive somewhere less populated like a small town and park somewhere that doesn't get much traffic

I would definitely try to get a job at mcdonalds/sonic/taco bell...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:52pm
I would probably become a prostitute or let myself go to jail on the snowy nights

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:53pm
Gym membership...for exercise, showers, and a locker to keep important stuff.

I'm assuming I'd have my car so...I already know a bunch of places I could sleep in the car...and there's always santa monica/venice. Just get creative.

I'd hang out at whatever coffee shop or mcdonalds has free wifi...buy one cup of tea and refill all day.

I wouldn't panhandle...there's too many craigslist gigs, online work, and that sort of thing...no reason to beg for money.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:53pm
I'd also enroll in CC and get that pell grant. 

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:54pm
Sleep under the bridge or abandoned house. Clean myself (wipe up, brush teeth, do my laundry) at the washerteria cause they ppen 24/7 from 6 am to 10 pm. Hang out and ask folks for money because I know they have quarters.

Steal from stores and sell it for 1/2 the value from clothes to food. Pick pocket and use your credit card. Eat at the local churches that provire food for homelessh or food pantry.

Rob a store that sells indian hair and sell it on
In the black market.

i think Walmart is where i'd park too.  that's the only place i can think of that wouldn't draw much suspicion.  

I see almost everyone is gonna use their vagina except noneyons who answered the questions.  you go girl. LOL  can you sing?

Also, it's much easier to sleep in the car during the day. It's warmer and ppl are less likely to notice you or bother you. So I'd switch myself to day sleep and at night hang out somewhere warm (coffee shop, university library, etc.).

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:55pm
I wouldn't be one of them Good Samaritan homeless ppl.
If you drop your wedding ring well that's your Ass bc I'm flipping it.
I'd sell weed and crack too.

I'm stealing just enough to be ok but not enough to go to jail.

I have to steal so I don't look homeless.
If you look homeless ppl treat you worse.

I'd def sell drugs though.
I'd find an abandon house and cook till the day is through.

I'd use the library and McDonalds for for wifi.
Mickie's lobby is open 24 hours now too.

I'd teach myself everything in that library.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Gym membership...for exercise, showers, and a locker to keep important stuff.

I'm assuming I'd have my car so...I already know a bunch of places I could sleep in the car...and there's always santa monica/venice. Just get creative.

I'd hang out at whatever coffee shop or mcdonalds has free wifi...buy one cup of tea and refill all day.

I wouldn't panhandle...there's too many craigslist gigs, online work, and that sort of thing...no reason to beg for money.

this is smart...planet fitness is only $10 per month.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:59pm
The biggest issue about being homeless...you need to not look homeless.

Always have to be clean, look put together, car shouldn't look like you actually sleep in it. There are a lot of ways to make it work.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Sleep under the bridge or abandoned house. Clean myself (wipe up, brush teeth, do my laundry) at the washerteria cause they ppen 24/7 from 6 am to 10 pm. Hang out and ask folks for money because I know they have quarters.   

lol  you'd end up getting banned for harassing the customers.  but i see you bout that life, sleeping under bridges.  damn.

LMAO imagining Jones selling crack.

from here on out, let's pretend you ladies can't twerk your way out of this. 

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:01pm
i do a little some some, mw. not quite on mariah's level but if i sing in a fan, i can get some extra vebrato going and fool some folk lolLOL

i like sangs idea. 

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:01pm
Real talk I dunno how homeless ppl stay in the midwest. I would have left this snow sh!t a long time ago if i were homeless.

After my friend lost his job he was boondocking at one of the national parks in their parking lot in his pickup camper bed. He did that for about 4-5mons... Then he found a job in LA

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:03pm
If you look young enough and reasonably sane, universities are a good place to hang out.

Usually they have libraries, lounges, and eateries that are open 24 hours. All the bulletin boards have postings for meetings that have free food and ain't nobody checking for id at those events. And you can collect the new/barely used stuff students are constantly throwing away and resell it on craigslist.

You can get a lot of the benefits of being a student without actually being one.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:05pm
F you enroll in CC you have to actually go to classes.
Can you make it to class all the time? CC do t get their refund checks until midway through th semester to avoid ppl signing up just for refund checks?

But I found out a guy I knew was homeless.
I had no idea I just knew he hung out at the library ALOT.

But he finally told me and I told my mom so we could help him out.
He was enrolled in classes and working as an intern in probation .
He transferred and just graduated.
I'm happy for him.

Before I knew he was homeless he took me out a couple times.but after he told me i pushed that to friend mode.
I just wanted to help then. That became my focus

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:06pm
Yeah but campuses are now cracking down on so many things .
It's not as open as it used to be
You can blend in but it's not as easy now.

Unless you have the DNA of the kid who was hopping planes and buying dinners you're gonna look sussy.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:10pm
I could print out those I am deaf cards with a pen asking for a donations. You get to keep the pen.

Wonder, I always see homeless under this one bridge in my area. It looks like a little town at night. I think o it t city let them stay from 6 p to 6 am.

Posted By: creole booty
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah but campuses are now cracking down on so many things .
It's not as open as it used to be
You can blend in but it's not as easy now.

Unless you have the DNA of the kid who was hopping planes and buying dinners you're gonna look sussy.

Yeah a white chick in the computer asked me for my id the other day. I go to a university so I don't know if its the same or different or whatever but I felt like a victim of apartheid! I was so beyond pissed! She didn't ask anyone else for their id.

Posted By: el_bandido
live in a forest perserve that has water im good in nature and would honestly just live of off catching and selling fish 

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:11pm
I haven't seen them cracking down at all. In fact there was just an article about people living in one of NYU's libraries.

Maybe it depends on the size of the school. I know here you can roll through USC and UCLA doing all kinds of stuff. Even my undergrad was like that. You only needed id for student specific services. And most universities encourage the community to come in and use the facilities in order to create goodwill.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:15pm

Can you make it to class all the time? CC do t get their refund checks until midway through th semester to avoid ppl signing up just for refund checks?

I'm happy for him.

Before I knew he was homeless he took me out a couple times.but after he told me i pushed that to friend mode.

at CC's you only have to go to your first week of classes so if you sign up for a MWF or T/TR just go to those...pell grants would be disbursed by the end of that next school week.  if you only show up the first week you'd just be seen as absent the 2nd week but going the 2nd week would probably be best.  i'd just fake it for the 2 weeks to get the check and dip.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:16pm
The University here makes you swipe your student id card to get into the library.  

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:16pm
Theres no such thing as an attractive homeless woman...lol she will always find a place to lay her head....  she just needs to invest in weapons..lol

But i have thought about what I would do if I were homeless. First Id become friends with a bus driver they're bored on route all day and they like having someone to talk to. This is important during the winter months. Sit on the bus all day and stay warm. They would also throw u some bucks for food if u go get their food during a stop since many dont have lunch breaks.

For sleep  In the summer months Id camp Id get money donating plasma (u can get up to $200 a month). Id also go to outdoor sporting events and collect cans  10 cent a pop time 10k+ people  = a nice piece of $$.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:17pm
Must be different in SC.
The ppl I know just got theirs in late October.

Uni gets theirs the week before classes

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:18pm

I could print out those I am deaf cards with a pen asking for a donations. You get to keep the pen.

Wonder, I always see homeless under this one bridge in my area. It looks like a little town at night. I think o it t city let them stay from 6 p to 6 am.

i've seen those too, they have it down pat...i think i'd rather be on my own though...if i am doing it alone i can convince myself that my life isn't so bad yet.  once i join the tent community i'd be surrounded by misery.  i wonder what the rates of violence are against homeless women.

Posted By: ChubbyYeti
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:19pm
I've heard some panhandlers make 20-30k a year. I don know if I could do it though, seems so embarrassing.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:20pm
Is there really an area in LA called tent city? I heard about that on a podcast I listen too... nothing but ppl living in tents.

Unis here give out Refund checks during week 3. If u go that route ur best bet is to at least attend class often enough to get a C/D if u fail or dont return u would only be able to do it once.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:25pm
Yup, skid row=tent city.

My auntie used to always tell me that the reason she remembered my birthday was because the on the day I was born she was pushed into a trash can of fire and almost roasted alive on skid row. The very next day she decided to get sober.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Is there really an area in LA called tent city? I heard about that on a podcast I listen too... nothing but ppl living in tents.

Unis here give out Refund checks during week 3. If u go that route ur best bet is to at least attend class often enough to get a C/D if u fail or dont return u would only be able to do it once.

yeah there's a tent city in the LA area...i've never seen it in person but i caught it on the news once because the cops were enforcing a new policy where ppl had to wear color coded wristbands to determine residents from non residents.  i guess their goal was to get the tent city residents to vacate the city if they couldn't prove they were a city resident.  in AMERICA.

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:27pm
I'd get a gym membership and shower there, then I would find a overnight job, and park my car at the park and sleep in it during the day. I would also eat at a soup kitchen to save money.

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:29pm
OMG my Dad used to drive us by skid row and tell us if we did not do well in school this would happen to us.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:32pm
damn thats scary....

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:45pm
Yeah skid row is crazy. I'm not into the idea of slanging vajayjay but if it was a choice between that and skid row...this vajayjay would have a price.

Skid row is where my momma and all my aunties hung out. I've volunteered down there many a time passing out food, condoms, blankets, hygiene kits, and other stuff. It's...an experience.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:45pm
I would strip so I'd be sleeping in a hotel with the cash made from my stripping job until I get my own place. Prior to that, I'd sleep in 24h walmart parking lots in my whip....

Until it was time for me to go to my stripper job every night

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

I would strip so I'd be sleeping in a hotel with the cash made from my stripping job until I get my own place. Prior to that, I'd sleep in 24h walmart parking lots in my whip....

Until it was time for me to go to my stripper job every night

that smiley at the end made me laugh LOL

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:58pm
Sleep in my car, pan handle for food, gas money and cleaning supplies.
Offer cheap cleaning services to churches and small businesses. When cleaning bathrooms, I'd also clean myself. Many churches offer food for the needy so I'd inquire and accept the food.
Get a paper rout to make more $$. With the added income, I'd Get a cheap room for two or three nights a week.
Go to EDD office and use their computers to apply for jobs.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:03am
A good tip for staying warm overnight. Aside from wearing layers, you need to create heat. Instead of running the car and wasting gas you need a few hot water bottles (fill them at a convenience store or coffee shop...but make sure you pay them). Those things will stay hot for several hours. Also, the cheap stick on heating pads from like cvs. You can get them for super cheap (non name brand) and you stick those on your body underneath your clothes.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:15am
The nightmare is to be alone, homeless and have small children.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

The nightmare is to be alone, homeless and have small children.

exactly.   

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 12:54am
I was homeless for 5 months after leaving an abusive boyfriend

at one point i was sleeping under a bridge where a lot of people in similar situations lived, then it was squatting in empty homes or abandoned buildings, shelters, and sometimes park benches or wherever

i tried panhandling but people were not trying to give to a pretty, able-bodied young woman. if anybody did give it was usually men with the intention of getting some pvssy. and since i know someone's gonna ask, the answer is yes. it got really real more than once and guns were pulled and no money was exchanged so yeah. life on the streets especially as a 19-year-old in miami is dangerous as hell, life on the streets is dangerous period but especially as a woman...almost every woman i came in contact with was either hooking or had been raped

on occasion i'd meet older women who gave me some money, usually coupled with some advice and where i could find a decent church or shelter

churches were really my saving grace, no pun intended, i did a lot of janitorial work and stuff like that for them and two in particular set up a cot for me.

during the day i'd wash and stuff at grocery stores or hood malls, since you can't be in the shelter during the day. catholic relief services and convents are really helpful too

crs hooked me up with a job, which i only did for a few weeks until i could save up enough for a flight from miami back to nyc, home sweet home

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:09am
There's a big open lot here full of tents where the homeless people sleep. I wouldn't sleep there cuz I don't think I'd trust most of those people, but a lot of people feel sorry for them and take food, clothes, and hygiene stuff there. I'd probably swing by for the freebies.

I'd probably steal small items from Wal-Mart... like that whole section of travel size soaps, lotions, body sprays, and shampoos. I'd probably steal makeup too to look presentable. To eat, I'd go to Wal-Mart or Publix's deli, order food, and walk around the store eating.

I like MaySay's gym idea for showers, but I probably wouldn't wanna give up my money for that. I'd probably stick to the typical washing my ass at the public library. Old white ladies wanna save everybody. I'd probably find one every day to give a sob story to and try to get a room out of them.

Judge all you want, but I'd panhandle like a mofo long as it's somewhere far away from where I know people. I'd probably try to bounce around so no one gets too familiar with me. I'd be one of those grimy ass, lying panhandlers too. My sign world say " I'm pregnant, homeless, and hungry" 365 days a year.

Mofos would be like, "Damn, she ain't had that baby yet?!"

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:13am
Amilia!

Miami is a horrible place to be homeless. I remember my mama used to tell us don't make eye contact with homeless people so they won't ask you for anything.

People really treat homeless people like sh!t ( myself included, at times).

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:16am

This is genius! I bet they make a killing. I would then use that money and follow Jones advice of whippin work. I would use THAT money to buy more drugs, because, honestly, I think I would quickly turn to addiction if I were homeless with no foreseeable way out

My mind keeps going to ways to get out of the situation, like shelters, but thats against the rules Cry

I would hold up different signs each day in diff parts of town. The desperation would be real.

"Crack money, please"
"My kids are in the car, give me gas money to get them home"
"I need abortion money"
"What can I do for you?"
"Veteran, please help" etc. anything to create attention

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:17am
Amilia!!! Hug I'm glad things turned out well for you

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:28am
I'd sell some kind of drugs...

Spend my day at the local libraries to read books/look for work....

If I had a car, I'd sleep in it, otherwise, probably the park....

Put on my best outfit/clothes and create a sign that says "Hugs- $2 per person". Stern Smile

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:29am
Being a homeless woman  must invariably lead to prostitution. Nobodies going to give you anything for free. They see you with that cardboard sign and the wheels in their head start to turn.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:29am
Aww Amilia. How did you end up getting on your feet?

I read this short story about how to dumpster dive and how to determine what food is safe to eat from the trash... it was so sad, but he was explaining it like a sport that he had grown accustomed to.

I would say I would sleep in my car, but this sh*t isn't paid off.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:34am
Glad you made it through that phase of life Amilia... thats rough and many ppl would break when sucked into that position. Hope things have continued to go in a positive direction.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:35am

I'm happy for him.

at CC's you only have to go to your first week of classes so if you sign up for a MWF or T/TR just go to those...pell grants would be disbursed by the end of that next school week.  if you only show up the first week you'd just be seen as absent the 2nd week but going the 2nd week would probably be best.  i'd just fake it for the 2 weeks to get the check and dip.

They've actually cracked down and do 3 partial payments of the pell grant so it's supposed to be 33% each time. Now since they know people only enroll for the money and take up class space for people who want it, they hold on to the money for a lot longer

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Aww Amilia. How did you end up getting on your feet?

I read this short story about how to dumpster dive and how to determine what food is safe to eat from the trash... it was so sad, but he was explaining it like a sport that he had grown accustomed to.

I would say I would sleep in my car, but this sh*t isn't paid off.

Ive seen elderly people do this. There was a grocery store  we use to shop at and they would throw out their frozen dinners that were a day over expiration. So elderly ppl would wait by the dumpster and fill up their cars with the food they threw out. They would try to get fruits and veggies but often they would get smashed.  Kinda sad.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:37am
Wow Amilia.....Cry

I'm so sorry that happened to you, and you were so young Cry My daughter is 21 and I can't imagine that happening to her....I'm so glad you were able to get out of that abusive situation....and off the streets.  HugHow are you doing today? 

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Put on my best outfit/clothes and create a sign that says "Hugs- $2 per person". Stern Smile

No offense, but I'd pass on hugging a homeless person.

No ma'am! I'm not gon be able to do it. I'd probably give you those $2 to back your ass up.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

No offense, but I'd pass on hugging a homeless person.

No ma'am! I'm not gon be able to do it. I'd probably give you those $2 to back your ass up.

LOLLOL....I hear you!

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 2:06am
thanks Hug

@Lite and AZ

I wasn't in contact with my family at all during that time. everybody told me not to move down to miami with him and it turned out worse than they had expected so i was too proud (and broke) to go home. i made it through bc angels were watching over me. I don't care what anybody says or believes, I know it to be true. Some really amazing people looked out for me and guided me until it finally snapped that I actually do have a family that really loves me and that I needed to go home. So I saved whatever little money I could here and there until I could go home. i called my mom a few days before i went back to NY, and it was the first time that she had heard from me in over a year. she spoke to my ex and he told her that i was probably dead Cry

I'm doing well now. I got my bachelor's degree last december and I have a great job in IT. I had to go through some serious therapy though bc I had severe PTSD when I finally got back. Its hard to believe that it was even my life sometimes. It seems like a long time ago--8 years--but then it doesn't. Life is good though Cool

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 2:11am
Clap what a blessing

Posted By: Brownsugar1
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 2:28am
@ amilia

Posted By: afrokock
Aww that's nice... AC

Posted By: Lonisha87
Wow Amilia, glad to see you are doing better

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 2:29am
Speaking of Miami.
Does PrNena still post here?

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 2:55am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Yeah skid row is crazy. I'm not into the idea of slanging vajayjay but if it was a choice between that and skid row...this vajayjay would have a price.

Skid row is where my momma and all my aunties hung out. I've volunteered down there many a time passing out food, condoms, blankets, hygiene kits, and other stuff. It's...an experience.

Truth.  I've seen tent city (from a distance)  My grandma took me when I was younger when I asked her about it.    hell naw.  I can't imagine the amount of rapes/molestations that go down with the women (and children) every day.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:02am
Wow Amilia....so glad that you got out of that. 

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:29am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

churches were really my saving grace, no pun intended, i did a lot of janitorial work and stuff like that for them and two in particular set up a cot for me.

Through my church, I work for a homeless ministry and I love to hear people who were/are in your past situation speak of the kindness they've found in the church. It's had work but so rewarding.

Best Regards to you. HeartHeart

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 5:05am
hard to get legitimate work without a permanent address 

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I would probably become a prostitute or let myself go to jail on the snowy nights
CryLOL

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 7:40am
If I become homeless in America and don't have it figure out within 30 days. I'd call my dad  and  ask him to buy me a plane ticket to come back to the Caribbean. Stern Smile

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

I'm happy for him.

They've actually cracked down and do 3 partial payments of the pell grant so it's supposed to be 33% each time. Now since they know people only enroll for the money and take up class space for people who want it, they hold on to the money for a lot longer

i don't blame them but damn.  it's still the same(full amt 2nd wk of school) at least one CC nearby here in ATL based on friends who go there.  one of the tech schools takes a full 4 weeks though, which is ridiculous.  if you're using it to supplement your income while in school full time how are you supposed to live?

Amilia, thanks for sharing that. Hug  you must feel like a different person after going through all of that.  were you able to keep your spirit high/sense of humor/etc while dealing with it?

Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:14am
I would find a way to sell dope and make a come back selling drugs and get with some simple minded woman and make her my place where no one knows I stay at. I'll get back on my feet.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:17am

no family or friends willing to help.  no homeless shelter...this is based on where ever you live now...where would you go to sleep(you can pretend you have a van/car, or not), clean, eat, spend your daily hours, etc?  would you panhandle?  if so, where? what would your sign say?  describe your day.  

the question isn't how you would get out of the situation but how you'd actually live in it.  i love hearing people's resourceful imaginations. 

i'd probably hitchhike my way to detroit tbh. find a nice cozy bando to make a home out of and survive on my panhandling earnings imho.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:18am
Homeless in ny, the summers would be easy. I would prob do hoe baths at the airport in winter get locked up for something petty but would be at least 3-4 months

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:20am
hmmmm...if it was warm outside...i'd put on some booty shorts and sell cold bottled water or something like that and sleep in my car.

if it was cold i think i would try and find me a job at a bar (that pays cash) serving drinks to old thirsty men who tip well...

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:22am
I would, HOOK CROOK SUCK AND FUCC!

On a more serious note...AC, your story had me emotional! Im so glad you made it to a point where you are able to share your testimony!

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

If I become homeless in America and don't have it figure out within 30 days. I'd call my dad  and  ask him to buy me a plane ticket to come back to the Caribbean. Stern Smile

OP states "no family or friends willing to help." 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:34am
oh i didnt trip off of the no family or friends to help thing.. 

i would sell my clothes and shoes.. then flip that money

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:37am
sleep in my car. 

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 10:42am

OP stated a few things, many didn't follow so eff off! 

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:29am

well damn

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:44am
lol..well damn.

I personally have no idea what I would do. Probably curl up into a ball and die.

Amilia, bless your heart. I'm glad you became a success story.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 11:50am
OP didn't say I lost my job or my money.....so...i'd just sleep in my car,a shelter or a cheap motel until I got my next check. Then I'd get an apartment.

If I no longer have a job or access to my money. I'd strip until I could afford rent then apply to jobs in my field via a library computer. 

Posted By: iWorship_BlackGirl
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:24pm
I would sleep in Walmart... It's open 24 hours, it's warm, food & entertainment. You can sleep in the Toliet Paper secition. All you gotta do is move some out the way, get in, then put tissue back to cover yourself. Around 1-5 am nobody will be their to move the tissue out the way to see you.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:26pm
sleep in my car. 
I'd probably steal something for megabus money if I didn't have a car. I'd go somewhere warm.

I'd steal a nice outfit and go to a hotel room that needs to be cleaned and take a quick shower. I'd volunteer at the YMCA and use that shower, if needed. 

Not sure if I would pan handle, but I'd do day labor until I could find a room. I'd register for food stamps so that I could eat.

I would sleep on the beach, during the day. 

That's all I got. 

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

OP didn't say I lost my job or my money.....so...i'd just sleep in my car,a shelter or a cheap motel until I got my next check. Then I'd get an apartment.

If I no longer have a job or access to my money. I'd strip until I could afford rent then apply to jobs in my field via a library computer. 

what address do you use?

You can get a PO box and uses a physical address.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by iWorship_BlackGirl iWorship_BlackGirl wrote:

I would sleep in Walmart... It's open 24 hours, it's warm, food & entertainment. You can sleep in the Toliet Paper secition. All you gotta do is move some out the way, get in, then put tissue back to cover yourself. Around 1-5 am nobody will be their to move the tissue out the way to see you.

you watch too much tv LOL

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:40pm
LOL

Posted By: iWorship_BlackGirl
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:45pm
Oh I forgot how I would earn money.... I would rob a few corner stores, buy a Brick of soft. Flip that to 2 bricks.. Jugg that off. Repeat step 1.

Enroll in my nearest community college.....  Get a legit job. Then go from there.

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 1:48pm

If I was jobless and homeless, I will travel around the US in my car.  Carry a loaded gun and a Taser gun for safety.  Park in hotel parking lots to sleep.  Go to rest stops/transit locations to wash. I may look into hostels but only if I feel they are safe to spend a night.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 3:51pm
I'd go to the nearest church and tell them my story in hopes that someone would feel sorry for me until I got back on my feet. They always have a welfare department in churches. 

For those that said they would sleep in their car...After a while won't you get a ticket for driving with expired tags? There's always a stoopid nosey white person ready to report suspicious activity like sleeping in your own damn car. 

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:11pm
id trick off to old women in florida

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:19pm

Grow up---Go get yo daddy and "EFF OFF" Him.
I hope your dumb azz gets deported!~
And I wasn't talking about many, I'm referring to YOU

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:21pm
well damn...lol

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

id trick off to old women in florida

I honestly think a homeless man would have a better shot at a relationship than a homeless woman.

If he's charming or handsome enough, many desperate women will view him as a project and move him right on in.

Me ex's sister just moved in some random nicca she met in the club three weeks ago. I've yet to hear her call this dude by his government name... starting to wonder if she even knows.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 4:25pm
lawd. wtf?

Print Page | Close Window