Print Page | Close Window

blame the BLACK victim again (Renisha McBride)

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366140
Printed Date: Aug 22 2019 at 7:36pm

Topic: blame the BLACK victim again (Renisha McBride)
Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Subject: blame the BLACK victim again (Renisha McBride)
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:29am

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013/11/toxicology-report-shows-renisha-mcbride-21-blood-alcohol-level-killed/" rel="nofollow - Toxicology Report Shows Renisha McBride Had .21 Blood-Alcohol Level When Killed

Renisha McBride

The toxicology reports for Renisha McBride, the 19-year-old who was fatally shot on Nov. 2 by a Dearborn Heights man, were released yesterday evening. The report showed McBride had a blood-alcohol level of .218 and marijuana in her system, Wayne County Medical Examiner spokeswoman Mary Mazur confirms. That is just under three times the legal blood-alcohol limit, .08, for driving in Michigan.

The report also called for ”recommendation for a confirmatory recheck.”

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy plans to announce at 11 a.m. today whether the 54-year-old homeowner who shot McBride in the face with a shotgun will face charges.  Property records indicate Theodore Paul Wafer is the owner of the house where McBride was shot.  But officials have yet to verify the name of the actual shooter.

And let the persecution of McBride begin in 5, 4, 3….

Replies:
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:33am
Yes, Amilia. I read this last night and I covered my face. I was so dejected. These white mofos are gonna make it an excuse to not charge the murderer, as if it had anything to do with her getting killed on a man's porch, at a distance from the door. so upset. This is the new tactic, put the victim on trial before a trial even bothers to get underway

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:36am
im not playing this game.

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:52am
Victim blaming, smh. Wtf does alcohol and drugs have to do with this fool shooting her in her head? They stay trying to justify this yt evil.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Victim blaming, smh. Wtf does alcohol and drugs have to do with this fool shooting her in her head? They stay trying to justify this yt evil.

Not a damn thing. Notice they're starting to trickle down info on the victim, but still nothing on the shooter. They are preparing to announce they won't be charging him. I hope that black people rise, protest and even riot if need be. I'm pissed.

There's a new mayor who just got elected in Detroit. time for him to pay up. The pressure should be kept on him.

Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 10:30am
Too many people with this shoot first, ask questions later mentality.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 10:33am
I can think of a few drunk white people who should've gotten it. This happened in Michigan too?! I'm against gun ownership (for obvious reasons now) but if people wanna shoot for no reason, I might need a gun.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Victim blaming, smh. Wtf does alcohol and drugs have to do with this fool shooting her in the back her head? They stay trying to justify this yt evil.

fixed, and yep

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:12am
The shooter was charged this morning, second degree murder and two other charges.  I anticipate a conviction, Kym Worthy is a tough prosecutor, always win cases and a former Judge.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:16am
A man was charged with murder in the second degree, manslaughter and possession of a firearm in the death of 19-year-old Renisha McBride,

Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced the charges against Theodore Paul Wafer, 54, who allegedly shot the young woman in the face on his porch in Dearborn Heights, Mich. in the early hours of Nov. 2.

Wafer is expected to be arraigned Friday afternoon. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison for the second-degree murder charge. Manslaughter carries a penalty of 15 years in prison, and felony firearm carries a penalty of two years mandatory consecutive.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4273903" rel="nofollow - http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4273903

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:33am
YES! THE SHOOTER HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER!
(Oops, I see GG already called it. Anyways, hip hip hurray!

Theodore Wafer Charged With Murder In Shooting Death Of Renisha McBride

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:38am
Alleged photo of the devil:

Theodore Wafer, 54, was today charged with the shooting death of Renisha McBride, 19

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Alleged photo of the devil:

Theodore Wafer, 54, was today charged with the shooting death of Renisha McBride, 19

May he rot in jail and be handle by the brothas on the inside!

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:53am
He's got that yt nationalist militia look.

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 11:59am
her family will never have peace but im glad he has been formally charged

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:10pm
What type of sentence does second degree carry anyway...

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

They're saying up to life.
I have a feeling he'll get manslaughter though. That's 15 years.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

He is looking at 25 years to life if convicted of 2nd degree .He is in custody, and is presently in court. I live one hour from Detroit, I know Kym personally and I admire her skills. I will venture to say, she threw everything in with charging the POS to avoid problems down the road. She is one to think ahead of the game. I hope is bond will be set very high!

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:32pm
^She betta get him.Thumbs Up

He opened his door and shot through the screened door and shot the girl in the face? But he was scared before he decided to open the door and called 911 after he shot the girl?

But it took 16 days to get charges brought against him? iklrejgmkv!

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:34pm
Now to get him convicted! Renisha was taken away too soon but justice CAN be served

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:03pm
Zimmerman 2.0

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:22pm
So being drunk caused her to be shot in the head? Haoles kill me with their stupidity and blatant apathy. 

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

^She betta get him.Thumbs Up

He opened his door and shot through the screened door and shot the girl in the face? But he was scared before he decided to open the door and called 911 after he shot the girl?

But it took 16 days to get charges brought against him? iklrejgmkv!

She will! She took her time with the investigation, to present a solid case against him. That gun did not accidentally go off. I heard his bail was set for 1 mil, no 10%, I need to confirm that information. I will talk to you later

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:47pm
^You got it.

I am so glad the charges were brought against him.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 3:50pm
Shooting someone in the head or chest should be an automatic manslaughter charge, whether it is self-defense or not.  If you are afraid, you can easily shoot them in the arm or the leg...but dead men (and women) tell no tales, right?

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 8:26pm
wow.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 3:20pm
He's been charged with murder.

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 4:42pm
It does not pay to be black in America.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 10:00am

anybody watching the trial??? it started this week, tbh..

Jury

(4) White men, (2) Black men, (1) Middle Eastern, (5) White Women, (2) Black women

Dont know who are alternates

Date Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:20pm
link to follow the trial since its not being shown on any networks

http://www.freep.com/article/20140724/NEWS02/307240060/renisha-mcbride-theodore-wafer-trial" rel="nofollow - http://www.freep.com/article/20140724/NEWS02/307240060/renisha-mcbride-theodore-wafer-trial

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:28pm
I've been keeping up through HLN, but it'll be better to have the feeds.  

Date Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:33pm
good lookin'. i didn't know HLN is covering the trial.

Date Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:36pm
they're not showing it the way they do other trials...they just talk about it for a few min every hour and show a couple clips.  They want to keep the majority of their time open in case more hot baby death sh*t pops off.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:44am
thanks for the link. i'll be watching.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:33pm
http://abcnews.go.com/live?stream=1" rel="nofollow - Theodore Wafer Guilty of Second Degree Murder in 'Porch Shooting' Trial

A Detroit jury found Theodore Wafer guilty of murder today in the shooting death of unarmed teenager Renisha McBride on his porch.

The jury, which consisted of seven men and five women, began its deliberations on Wednesday after nine days of testimony. The verdict came on the second day of deliberations.

Wafer, 55, showed no emotion when the verdict was read and was remanded to the Wayne County Jail. He will be sentenced Aug. 21 and could face a maximum of life in prison with parole.

He was charged with second degree murder and manslaughter for shooting and killing McBride, 19, last November when the teenager showed up inebriated on his porch at 4:40 a.m. The jury found him guilty of second degree murder.

Wafer said he could only make out a figure around his house, said the person pounded on his door and made him fear for his life.

McBride's parents, Monica McBride and Walter Simmons, said they were pleased with the verdict, but said they never would have had to be in this position if Wafer had called 911 the night their daughter showed up on his porch.

"Me and Walter know who she was," McBride said of her daughter. "She was not violent. She was a regular teenager...Her life mattered."

When asked what he learned about Wafer during the trial, Simmons replied, "We learned he was a cold blooded killer."

A spokesman for the prosecution declined to comment on the case because sentencing was still pending, but called it “very emotional… It makes the job worth it.”

When the jury began its deliberations, they immediately made several requests, including to have Wafer's shotgun and his screen door brought to the jury room.

The screen door is comprised of a steel frame with a screen insert held in place by clips. Investigators found the screen insert out of position when they arrived on the shooting scene, according to testimony.

The defense argued that the screen was awry because of the way because McBride pounded on the door. Prosecutors told the court that the screen could have slipped out of position days or weeks before the shooting and there was no evidence it was caused by McBride.

Under a 2006 Michigan self-defense law, a homeowner has the right to use force during a break-in. Otherwise, a person must prove his or her life was in danger. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/orch-shooting-jury-reaches-verdict/story?id=24877849

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:34pm
Clap

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:35pm
second degree good!!!

how many years does he get??

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:40pm
This is great news...all gun owners need to be kept in check.

15 years to life in his state

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:50pm
cheers and its second degree because it wasnt premeditated right?

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

cheers and its second degree because it wasnt premeditated right?

Yep

This guy was so dramatic talkin about his whole house was shaking, the floors rattling...

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 4:23pm
Finally a just verdict. Those are rarities, especially these days.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 4:29pm
YES !!

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:54pm
Good! I hope he gets the max

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:39pm
I'm relieved...I hope he dies in jail

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:34pm
Hes older so I'll be happy if gets a minimum of 40 years

they give this story no coverage in fl

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:37pm
I want ti see how he's sentenced. I felt confident he would be convicted when i saw the jury was diverse in comparison to other cases .

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 7:48am
Smh associated press of all things

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 7:52am
LOL seriously? 

and i thought his entire defense was that it was the hood...should've put ghetto homeowner.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 8:56am
The AP ain't sh*t for that tweet.

Good, rot in jail bitch!

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 8:59am
I am shocked that he got convicted. I guess he does not live in on of those stand your ground states.

Now lets see how much jail time he gets.

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:02pm
Theodore Wafer...convicted murderer.
Has a nice ring to it.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:15pm
good. it feels good when justice prevails

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

I am shocked that he got convicted. I guess he does not live in on of those stand your ground states.

Michigan is a stand your ground state but theres been a push to rewrite the details of the law.

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 2:45pm

Actually, Michigan is a "Stand Your Ground," State. We just have a more effective justice system than Florida. SYG laws are actually more effective defenses more minorities in Michigan than Whites. I don't think SYG laws are bad, I just think Florida makes everything look bad.

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Michigan is a stand your ground state but theres been a push to rewrite the details of the law.

Didn't even read this. My bad.

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 11:08pm
Just thought I would let you guys know that he was sentenced 15 to 30 years with a minimum of 17 years served.

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 11:56pm

Posted By: CallMeLaLa
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 10:06am
I'm all the way here for it. I can't wait!! Smile Clap

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 10:59am
a bright light in the abyss

This is a welcome relief

May Renisha rest in peace and her family find peace

Posted By: exoticmami06
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 11:05am