Print Page | Close Window

Baby Boy Loose Penis Over Botched Circumcision

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366123
Printed Date: Dec 18 2017 at 12:17am

Topic: Baby Boy Loose Penis Over Botched Circumcision
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Subject: Baby Boy Loose Penis Over Botched Circumcision
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:18pm
This is so heartbreakingCry

Mother upset over botched circumcision

Posted: Nov 08, 2013 1:00 AM EST Updated: Nov 08, 2013 1:14 AM EST
By Ernie Freeman
http://WHBQ.images.worldnow.com/images/23912521_BG1.jpg" rel="nofollow">

• http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/23075267/get-fox13-breaking-news-on-your-mobile-device" rel="nofollow - - Get FOX13 Breaking News on your mobile device

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (FOX13) -

It doesn't happen often, but when a doctor botches a child's circumcision, it's heart-breaking.

Maggie Rhodes is dealing with that heartbreak right now, after a catastrophic mistake on the operating table.

Removal of the foreskin from a child's penis is rooted in concerns about health, hygiene and religion. But some question the necessity of the procedure.

Rhodes is sorry she ever took her young son to get circumcised.

"After I went home and I discovered that my son's penis was not there, I immediately froze, like, oh my God," Rhodes recalls.

The mother said she couldn't believe what happened when she took her three-month-old son Ashton to Christ Community Health Center on Broad Avenue for a circumcision in August. She says doctors told her the procedure would take about 20 minutes.

But after a couple hours, Ashton was still in surgery.

"It took them about three hours to do the circumcision and so my baby screamed the whole three hours, like the whole process," Rhodes said. "Then even when she gave him back to us, he was still screaming."

Rhodes said the doctor performing the surgery obviously botched the procedure. But when it was over, she says they simply returned her screaming son to her, never telling her about the devastating mistake that had happened in the operating room.

"I should have been notified that something went wrong in this room with your baby," she said. "I wasn't notified.  They gave me back my baby like nothing was wrong. They said, 'here go your son.' Yeah, something went wrong in that room." (you're crying/screaming baby should have been enough "notification"...just sayingSleepy)

It's something Rhodes said she didn't find out about until she went home with a still screaming son, and a diaper filled with blood.

She said her curious sister finally discovered Ashton's mutilated penis.

"When my sister pulled the cloth back, it was covered in blood and it was no penis there," Rhodes said.

All that was left was a partial penis and his tiny testicles. Rhodes said Ashton urinates through a hole in his penis. She says she can't imagine what she'll say to her son, when he's old enough to understand what happened to him.

"Like, 'Momma like, how could this happen to me? How could this happen to me?,'" she said. "How could you explain that to your child that you don't have a penis that they have to reconstruct one or you probably have might not never be able to have kids? That don't sit well with me at all."

Rhodes has hired an attorney and is pursuing a medical malpractice suit against Christ Community Health Centers.

As for little Ashton, a reconstructive surgery planned for October has been rescheduled for early next year.

FOX13 News contacted Christ Community Health Centers for a comment. We're told the CEO is aware of our request, but so far has not returned our repeated calls.

Read more: http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/23912521/mother-upset-over-botched-circumcision#ixzz2kgQP9gRG" rel="nofollow - http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/23912521/mother-upset-over-botched-circumcision#ixzz2kgQP9gRG

Replies:
Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:22pm
Cry

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:23pm
Stop mutilating your sons. 

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:23pm
damn...  well...*struggles...loss for words*   well DAMN!!

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:25pm
That's crazy and sad.

I wouldn't have one done on my son anyway.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:36pm
I'm sad this happened to her baby.......

However......

I wouldn't deliver my child at a health CLINIC.... I wouldn't have any major surgery at a CLINIC so why would you take your baby to have his penis CLIPPED at a second rate minute clinic????

I'm just saying.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:38pm
They didn't even explain to her what happened.

Goodness!!

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:43pm
Wow how could they f**k that up, its procedure that has been done like for ever,

Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

I'm sad this happened to her baby.......

However......

I wouldn't deliver my child at a health CLINIC
.... I wouldn't have any major surgery at a CLINIC so why would you take your baby to have his penis CLIPPED at a second rate minute clinic????

I'm just saying.
I was thinking that too... but hey people have to work with whatever options are avail.

My second issue is that many of our people don't bother to ask questions and demand answers when we put our lives and well being in the hands of these people. I can't see myself taking my screaming child home without even questioning why he/she is screaming and why the procedure took so long. I've heard hundreds of stories from friends and family about doctors' visits (usually at these hood clinics) where something went wrong, or they felt uncomfortable about something but didn't speak up smh.
Def not blaming the mother, but this story should be a lesson to all of our people to not be afraid to speak up when issues arise and not to turn a blind eye while at these facilities.

Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 10:47pm
Memphis is home to some top ranked health care facilities.

She had options. I agree she may not have known of them but when you are responsible for the life of another human being.... might be time to start researching and asking some questions but......

I digress.

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 11:05pm
The mother said she couldn't believe what happened when she took her three-month-old son Ashton to Christ Community Health Center

A health center?
Anyway, I hope she wins big time.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 11:22pm
when I had my boys done the doctor each time spoke to us how to wash the kids and how the little ring weeks fall off when things were healed. I'm surprised she didn't ask questions about the procedure, or research it especially since she waited for 3 months to do it. Not blaming her, but waiting 3 hours for a simple sniping should have been a red flag.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 11:38pm
If the clinic could not do the procedure, they should not have attempted to do so to begin with. Since they said they could do the procedure, I don't see the problem with her taking her baby there to get it done.

And the fact they did not admit to wrong doing after the procedure took 3 hours instead of 20 minutes? They knew they fcuked up.

Get that cash girl.

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 11:57pm
If he was three months he should have been seen by a urologist to get snipped he was too old for a normal circ. I have circed all 5 of my boys and have never had any issues at all and they had the old fashion type circ not the new plastibell ones.

So sad for that baby but there were all types of red flags with that story.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:02am
Shockedthey didnt even tell her???!!! she found out at home??!!!AngryAngry

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:03am
so so sad Unhappy

I hope she gets all the money she can get

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:05am
...and the baby cried the whole time...for 3hours.  somebody woulda been tellin' me why a 20 minute procedure is taking this long at 40 minutes.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:38am
wowwww. i can't believe they didn't tell her...and how do you severe an entire penis??? this is such a routine procedure that mistakes like this shouldn't happen.  and why did it take 3 hours?! so many questions...they probably spent so much time trying to re-attach it...that poor baby.  how can this be fixed?????????

nevertheless, im still getting circumcisions for mine.  the health issues related to uncircumcised penises is not a myth.

Posted By: briany
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:26am
This is very sad.
My godson just had his done and we were there the whole time. We were shown a video of the entire procedure and everthing was explained to us by the Doctor's wife including what can go wrong.  He was nearly six months old.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:35am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

wowwww. i can't believe they didn't tell her...and how do you severe an entire penis??? this is such a routine procedure that mistakes like this shouldn't happen.  and why did it take 3 hours?! so many questions...they probably spent so much time trying to re-attach it...that poor baby.  how can this be fixed?????????

nevertheless, im still getting circumcisions for mine.  the health issues related to uncircumcised penises is not a myth.

What health issues?

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 6:47am
I would hate her forever if I was her son

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 7:17am
Once they realized the surgery was botched, they didn't place the child under anesthesia?

She needs to sue for fuc.king billions. BILLIONS. 

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

That, too.

Another black male who'll probably grow up hating his mother.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

That, too.

Another black male who'll probably grow up hating his mother.

Sighhhh
As if we don't have enough of those.

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 8:58am
i literally am on the verge of vomiting. 

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:04am
This is sad and the health center will be closed permanently.

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:08am
Can you imagine how the baby felt? Crying for 3 hours, heart rate is up, breathing heavy, and in pain. The mother better get every penny.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:39am
Christ... No amount of money can compensate her son for his lifelong ruined sexual health. This is a heart wrenching. The doctor needs to lose his licence over this.

Posted By: kilaniboo
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:43am
This is sooo heartbreaking! I agree with CarolinaCutie, if a place is offering a service, it is up to them to perform the procedure correctly. It may have been a health center but Im assuming it is still licensed. I place no blame on the mother and I feel for her! And the damage was probably already done after those initial 30 minutes. 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 9:53am
should never have got him circumcised to begin with

now look!!

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 12:07pm
THIS IS HORRIBLE.  Just b/c she had it done at a health center don't mean a thing.  The doctor who delivered my son did his circumcision in the doctors office where I got my care.  THESE people just didn't know what they were doing!  YEAH I'd be either owning that health clinic or it would be shut down for bankruptcy buy the time I'm finish with them.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

What health issues?

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/15/science/la-sci-penis-microbiome-20130416" rel="nofollow - http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/15/science/la-sci-penis-microbiome-20130416
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/malecircumcision/" rel="nofollow - http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/malecircumcision/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592260" rel="nofollow - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592260

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 3:00pm
Black woman...they try this foolishness. Did they think she would not discover the problem.

If it was a WW they would have explained the entire situation before she left the hospital. 

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 3:59pm
Poor child...how they hell can they botch a circumcision though? Crazy...

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:15pm
The pore baby was in agony. I hope she signed up for Obama care after this and goes to a Hospital instead of a health clinic.

Aren't health clinics mostly non-for-profit. She won't get much. Jesus!!! my mind cannot fathom that the poor baby was in freaking pain!

-Afro I know you've never smelled peeled back uncircumsized peen before. Its unsanitary and has the smell of death. I'm team circumcision.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:17pm
member of the pull back club

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:28pm

What health issues?

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/15/science/la-sci-penis-microbiome-20130416" rel="nofollow - http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/15/science/la-sci-penis-microbiome-20130416
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/malecircumcision/" rel="nofollow - http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/malecircumcision/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592260" rel="nofollow - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23592260

Lmao. There's no reason to get a circumcision. 
That's like saying getting your titties chopped off will lower the risk of breast cancer.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

The pore baby was in agony. I hope she signed up for Obama care after this and goes to a Hospital instead of a health clinic.

Aren't health clinics mostly non-for-profit. She won't get much. Jesus!!! my mind cannot fathom that the poor baby was in freaking pain!

-Afro I know you've never smelled peeled back uncircumsized peen before. Its unsanitary and has the smell of death. I'm team circumcision.

You need to be team nigguhsthattakeshowers.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:30pm
The intersection of poverty, racism, lack of education, and fear.

Sad all around.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:35pm
I don't like foreskin.
A lot of men smell really bad under there. And it sucks if it is a decent man otherwise.
Sometimes they are just not aware of it....and it is awkward to tell them.
sh*t mothers and fathers should have taught them from before...

Anyway, all my sons will cut on the 8th days per usual.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I don't like foreskin.
A lot of men smell really bad under there. And it sucks if it is a decent man otherwise.
Sometimes they are just not aware of it....and it is awkward to tell them.
sh*t mothers and fathers should have taught them from before...

Anyway, all my sons will cut on the 8th days per usual.
Handshake

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:41pm

same goes for stank pucci

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:43pm
Cry

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:47pm
But no one is cutting my son without me watching.
If i can't watch then you can't cut

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:52pm

Sang I don't understand how someone that was born after the 70's can be un-circumsized unless its a religious thang. I smelled it once from a guy in highschool and this nicca didn't even give me warning. Just pladddow. I was like WTF is that smell and what is that? Ugliest thing I ever saw. I wanted to vommit.DeadDeadDead
It should be against the law. 

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Bunz its different....Girls know they stank when they open their legs in jeggins. A guy doesn't know cos his stuff is zipped up and tucked away on his thigh. Atleast I don't think guys know.......I could be wrong.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:55pm

Bunz its different....Girls know they stank when they open their legs in jeggins. A guy doesn't know cos his stuff is zipped up and tucked away on his thigh. Atleast I don't think guys know.......I could be wrong.
it takes 5 seconds for me to pull back my ant eater and lather up

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

the visual Dead

bunz do you ever find lint in there?
its not like its a storage space that never gets used

the visual Dead

DANG thanks for the visual SAMONE.......... I always saw bunz as the guy with the bomb gifs. Now I gotta think of lint. SHYYT.Dead

Ant eater?
Lol ewww

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:02pm

the visual Dead

DANG thanks for the visual SAMONE.......... I always saw bunz as the guy with the bomb gifs. Now I gotta think of lint. SHYYT.Dead

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:05pm
The health center is probably cheaper than a hospital. In NC Medicaid does not cover circumcision. I pray that she gets her son counseling when he is older. I'm surprised she wasn't with her son during the process. Parents should be allowed in any operation to soothe their child.

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 5:14pm

the visual Dead

I was tryna quote and thanked by mistake..............nAsty just plain ole foreskin nAsty. Where is the un-thank button MOD?

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 6:49pm

the visual Dead

I was tryna quote and thanked by mistake..............nAsty just plain ole foreskin nAsty. Where is the un-thank button MOD?
lol you thanking the post means you love it Embarrassed

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 8:15pm

boom!

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 8:16pm

Date Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 8:30pm

the visual Dead

Wait. I thought bunz was a girl?

This is getting confusing......

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 1:08pm
CryCry

Poor little fella. My kids were circumcised at a surgical center. They explain everything to you and they put you in these really nice rooms for the baby to recover in for an hour when the procedure is done. The nurses show you the circumcision and show you how to care for it. You don't leave until the baby has at least one wet diaper. My babies didn't even cry. They numb the area before the procedure.

It sounds like this clinic was rinky dink and careless. Poor baby. I hope she sues. 

And a 20 min procedure going into a three hour procedure should have alerted the mom that something wasn't right especially if the baby was screaming the whole time. Lawd I would have bum rushed into that room to get my baby.

Maybe his little penis will still grow some. he is young. I don't know how much of it is gone. Or if it is even possible.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

the visual Dead

Wait. I thought bunz was a girl?

This is getting confusing......

LOL

Print Page | Close Window