Print Page | Close Window

Pastor commits suicide. God doesnt hear me

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366071
Printed Date: Dec 10 2017 at 7:26pm


Topic: Pastor commits suicide. God doesnt hear me
Posted By: noneyons
Subject: Pastor commits suicide. God doesnt hear me
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:41pm
Cry

Jesus Take The Wheel: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/pastor.jpg" rel="nofollow">pastor

http://bossip.com/864563/jesus-take-the-wheel-baby-shot-in-the-face-and-pregnant-woman-murdered-over-the-weekend-in-detroit/" rel="nofollow - When the pastor loses faith …you know things are bad.

Pastor Commits Suicide

This is really sad.

According to  http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/12/pastor-who-worried-god-wasnt-hearing-him-commits-suicide/" rel="nofollow - Raw Story:

A Macon, Georgia pastor who expressed concern over his connection to God killed himself while his family and congregation were at his church, WMAZ-TV reported on Monday.

The Rev. Teddy Parker Jr. was found dead outside his home with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head following the Sunday service at Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church.

The Christian Post reported that Parker sent his wife and two daughters to the church ahead of him before the service.

“When he didn’t show up they went looking for him,” a church member, Russell Rowland, told the Post. “I’m very surprised because he didn’t preach that. He preached totally against it. It’s something that the congregation don’t really understand.”

The Post also cited a 2010 sermon, “Facing Your Storm With Confidence,” in which Parker told his parishoners there had been moments in his life when he did not feel his connection with God.“I try to pray but I don’t feel like God is hearing me,” Parker said at the time. “I try to serve but I don’t feel like God is using me. And there are times in your life when God purposely withdraws from you, he doesn’t withdraw for the sake of leaving you but he withdraws so you can grow and mature.”

- See more at: http://bossip.com/865092/jesus-take-the-wheel-pastor-commits-suicide-after-telling-congregation-that-god-was-not-hearing-him/#sthash.7opCHgdV.dpuf



Replies:
Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:42pm
why don't any of the picture i try to post show? 

he was black btw.

sad


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:43pm
nvm


Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:49pm
I saw this on Facebook.  It's sad that he lost all hope. I know his congregation is devasated that he went out like this. Satan is so evil.


Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:50pm
That wasat least three years ago, though. I don't think his suicide had anything to do with religion. He was probably just depressed.


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:52pm
here you go noney:


and such a shame that he felt that way. i can't imagine. rip.


Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:53pm
If God not listening, go seek help from another source (therapist, counselor, psychologists, psychiatrist)


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:54pm
no this just happened recently. the sermon was from 3 years ago.

thanks, neka


Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:55pm
atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 11:56pm
Damn.

At least his kids didn't witness it.


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

no this just happened recently. the sermon was from 3 years ago.

thanks, neka
you're welcome hon. 

so sad. feeling lost in your faith is such a hard place to be in. i can't imagine how lonely he must have felt. 


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:06am
Depression is real and pastors go through it. My pastor admitted he went through a depression. What people need to realize is that prayer is only part of the equation, God helps those who help themselves. Nothing is wrong with seeking therapy, I believe God works through psychologist just as he acts through the anointed ones.


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
 
 
the atheists on here will always find a reason not to believe.....
 
 


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:13am
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

I saw this on Facebook.  It's sad that he lost all hope. I know his congregation is devasated that he went out like this. Satan is so evil.
 
 
this. this. this. and this.
 
 


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe


I only need one reason.



Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:37am
This has nothing to do with Satan.  When are some people going to understand that depression is a real medical illness and needs to be treated?  Despite what some may 'believe' about atheists, most of us are very clear that we are open to evidence not only of any god, but of the particular god that a person happens to be worshiping.  This is not a time to do the "I told you so," dance.  A man was very sick and for whatever reason, did not receive the treatment he needed and now he is dead.  Priorities.


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:46am
imo. its funny..i think God is always talking...sometimes we just get caught up in a bunch of crap, we dont shut up and listen and so its  us that dont hear him.

sigh....


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

That wasat least three years ago, though. I don't think his suicide had anything to do with religion. He was probably just depressed.
 
I think this also.
 
Who knows what could have happened in between his 2010 sermon and just recently when he committed suicide.
 
He could have lost a loved one and couldn't deal with the grief..
 
 


Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:09am
Perhaps he wasn't depressed UNTIL he felt that God was not hearing him.


Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:37am
so is this the real reason he killed himself?
seems like theyre putting the syicide with a 2010 sermon and idk...


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:46am
This is so heartbreaking.. </3

That man lost all his faith and deemed it the end of his life..?  I wish he realized he still had a life to live. Cry


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:01am
Guess he decided to go talk to God on his own esteem.

He may have been a Pastor however he was still an imperfect man.


Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:35am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Depression is real and pastors go through it. My pastor admitted he went through a depression. What people need to realize is that prayer is only part of the equation, God helps those who help themselves. Nothing is wrong with seeking therapy, I believe God works through psychologist just as he acts through the anointed ones.


Preach!

I just wrote something along these lines on Facebook. I get so sick of hearing ppl going through their troubles and someone will merely respond "well, I'll pray for you".

Nooooo, that's not how it works. Prayer without action/effort is useless.

When someone is in need...
1. Prayer for them should be automatic--the fact that you're praying doesn't even have to be disclosed.

2. "What can I do to help?" Should be your first response.

Ppl will harp on the fact that they're praying for you as a mere way to release themselves of any further obligation to assist.

So yeah, the same goes when you're helping yourself. Praying for something is grand, but God also wants to you take action and the steps towards improvement.

This is sad. I know what it feels like to feel spiritually lonely. I really wish he sought help.


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:55am
This is very sad.
However why would they use a sermon from three years ago to say that it was his reasoning for taking his own life? smh
If he wasn't hearing from God for the past three years, I hope he wasn't preaching to the congregation. Why would you preach a sermon that does not come from God?
Also those quotes from the sermon prove nothing. Pastors always discuss a time in their life when they were struggling with depression , fornication, drugs etc. It's so that people can know that whatever their situation is they can overcome it. 
Those quotes don't even show that he was discussing himself..
I can quickly paste a sermon where a pastor goes " Lord I'm trying to do (blank) but ..it's like your not using me". < they are speaking from the persons point of view.. Idk if that makes sense..
Anyways he was clearly going through something ... And he should have received some help.
Prayers to his family and congregation!


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
 
We do not need to see this in order not to believe. I read the bible of course.
 
Overall, this man needed help and when will people realize mental illness is freaking real?!!!


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:07am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

This has nothing to do with Satan.  When are some people going to understand that depression is a real medical illness and needs to be treated?  Despite what some may 'believe' about atheists, most of us are very clear that we are open to evidence not only of any god, but of the particular god that a person happens to be worshiping.  This is not a time to do the "I told you so," dance.  A man was very sick and for whatever reason, did not receive the treatment he needed and now he is dead.  Priorities.
 
All of this!!!!!!!! Clap


Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:21am
Not sure if that is the real reason he ended his life.. That's making assumptions.. Dude must have been suffering from deep depression and avoided treatment..


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Depression is real and pastors go through it. My pastor admitted he went through a depression. What people need to realize is that prayer is only part of the equation, God helps those who help themselves. Nothing is wrong with seeking therapy, I believe God works through psychologist just as he acts through the anointed ones.


Well putHeart


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:12am
This is always sad to hear.  People who commit suicide are just trying to end the pain for good.   He wasn't seeing any hope in the future.

And saying atheists shouldn't see this is very ironic.  A pastor committing suicide only has an affect on other Christians.   Believers struggle with their belief when things like this happen.  We are completely NOT affected because we see him as a man in pain.  The comment is very telling.


Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
child plz, if he was atheist, he'd STILL be alive   ------------>


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:29am
Christians aren't exempt from mental illness. That old school way of thinking is what has alot of christians putting on a front and hiding their depression, mental illnesses because they feel that it is a reflection on their faith and relationship with God. I heard a preacher say that if you have God you should never be sad because you have the joy of the Lord. That preacher probably felt like he couldn't ask for help because he would lose the respect of his congregation and that they would question his connection with God. He was suffering. This church mentality is really screwing people up and destroying lives. Having God does not make you less human than anyone else and you will deal with things including mental issues, physical issues, financial issues just like everybody else. God gives you the strength to endure and the common sense to know when to seek help. Going to church and praying is not enough. That sense of pride is hurting christians in the long run


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This is always sad to hear.  People who commit suicide are just trying to end the pain for good.   He wasn't seeing any hope in the future.

And saying atheists shouldn't see this is very ironic.  A pastor committing suicide only has an affect on other Christians.   Believers struggle with their belief when things like this happen.  We are completely NOT affected because we see him as a man in pain.  The comment is very telling.
 
Preach!!!! Clap


Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Guess he decided to go talk to God on his own esteem.

He may have been a Pastor however he was still an imperfect man.


Ummm God said thou shall not kill...He won't be talking to God anytime soon unless he was forgiven.


Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Christians aren't exempt from mental illness. That old school way of thinking is what has alot of christians putting on a front and hiding their depression, mental illnesses because they feel that it is a reflection on their faith and relationship with God. I heard a preacher say that if you have God you should never be sad because you have the joy of the Lord. That preacher probably felt like he couldn't ask for help because he would lose the respect of his congregation and that they would question his connection with God. He was suffering. This church mentality is really screwing people up and destroying lives. Having God does not make you less human than anyone else and you will deal with things including mental issues, physical issues, financial issues just like everybody else. God gives you the strength to endure and the common sense to know when to seek help. Going to church and praying is not enough. That sense of pride is hurting christians in the long run

I agree. The church has made God more human and tries to make us less human, at the same time makes us feel guilty of showing any kind of humanity. Bass akwards if you ask me. 


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This is always sad to hear.  People who commit suicide are just trying to end the pain for good.   He wasn't seeing any hope in the future.

And saying atheists shouldn't see this is very ironic.  A pastor committing suicide only has an affect on other Christians.   Believers struggle with their belief when things like this happen.  We are completely NOT affected because we see him as a man in pain.  The comment is very telling.


Clap


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:30am
3 years prior though ?
Before reading I thought it was 3 seconds prior


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Guess he decided to go talk to God on his own esteem.

He may have been a Pastor however he was still an imperfect man.


Ummm God said thou shall not kill...He won't be talking to God anytime soon unless he was forgiven.

This is sad and I'm not judging this brotha but Even those who go to hell will be judged. 
The Great White Throne Judgment is the judgment of the dead.


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:42am
So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:46am
I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.


Clap


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.

I don't think suicide damns you to hell, many who take their own life aren't in their right mind.
All those who kill others, many may not go to hell either.  


Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.


Unless you're forgiven....I cannot imagine people killing other people without being forgiven....entering the "pearly white gates". It defeats the whole purpose of living on earth in a Christian like manner.


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:10am

I am at the place that I believe it is the uncharitable Christian, so harsh and unforgiving, who drives the sinner away from the redeeming power of Christ. The church often drives people with life-controlling problems to reckless abandon and despair by their phony, pious ferocity against their sin. Christians, who are themselves victims of all manner of temptations, often shut out the habituated by telling them they are hopeless cases. This judgmental attitude says to the sinner, "Keep going deeper into your sin! You are hopeless! The Bible condemns you, so give yourself over to your iniquity. You are already lost, so we won't waste our time trying to help you."

"I wish Christians would quit 'totem poling' sins and treat everybody alike. They tend to put homosexuals on the bottom when it comes to being concerned about them, and on top of the pole when it comes to judging them as hopeless.

"No wonder sin is driven underground. No wonder people with life-controlling habits tend to react violently. These troubled souls are degraded; scorn is heaped upon them by a church that wants nothing to do with "queers," "fagots," and "nellies." We have all become very adept at heaping scorn on those we consider hopeless sinners. The scorn and smirk of Christians is one of the greatest causes of injury to those who indulge in sensuality.

We stigmatize people with life-controlling problems. We take away their character by thinking of them as hopelessly hooked. We are so offended by their practices, we have made their sins so scandalous, we turn them into outcasts with no hope of return. We help to destroy their hunger for God by bringing down on them an avalanche of reproach and unforgiving wrath.

If you rob a sinner of his character, if you take away his dignity, if you focus only on his failures, if you treat him as a non-person, if you shut off all his roads of retreat--he is driven to hardness. He becomes calloused and begins to fight back because that is all that is left for him. It is an easy step from hardness to violence. Humiliate the sinner, take away his sense of worth, and soon you will have driven him to total remorse. If there is no God in him to support him, he will lose all hope and finally give himself over to those who will accept him. Then he often uses that hostility as an excuse to remain in his sin.

My compassion for hardened sinners has been sorely tried. I've seen gangs kill children that die in the ER during my nursing career ..It is then that horrible thoughts begin to surface in me. I think to myself, "God, they are hopeless. They don't want You; they don't want help. I'm wasting time. Maybe an earthquake is the only language they can understand. Why preach cure to proud people who won't even admit they need help?"

I cannot explain the joy of seeing broken bodies and minds restored by the power of God. That is what draws some of us back time and again to the streets, willing to suffer abuse from the hardened Christ-rejectors. It may be only one out of a thousand who admits to a need or who hurts enough to want to change. But God will lead us to that one--and no power on earth or in Hell can hinder the Holy Spirit from zeroing in on that hungry heart to bring healing.

Paul the apostle said,

"God has shown me that I should call no man unfit or unclean" (Acts 10:28).

 Everything I read and heard clearly described the human condition of weakness and the ever present struggle with evil. From Paul the apostle to church leaders such as Origen, Cyprian, Chrysostom--from Augustine to Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Wesley, and even modern theologians and scholars--all of them described the battle, and all of them admitted they, too, were in the same struggle. In one way, it was reassuring to me that I was not some kind of freak Christian and that the shame for the sin in my own heart was shared by the godliest men who ever lived on this earth. But, in another way, it was discouraging to learn so much about the struggle and so little about the cure. Like Paul, they all asked the one great question: "Who will deliver me from this wretchedness in me? How can I be set free from my sinful nature?" And, like Paul, they all answered, "Through Jesus Christ the Lord."

Paul tried to explain the steps to power over sin in his letter to the Romans. He talks about the struggle between an old man and a new man. He warns Christians against being carnally minded and that victory over sin is contingent upon being spiritually minded.

I can't believe the path to power over sin is a dark, deep secret that would take years to comprehend. No one is free from sin . I think the pastor personal demons became a constant mental and physical battle that the man could no longer fight after giving up on God . We will never know the reasons , but it could happen to any person of faith .  I pray no one in the church condem that man for confessing his sin . JMO

.




Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

So y'all think that committing suicide is a one way ticket to hell? I used to think this but my thoughts on it have changed.


Unless you're forgiven....I cannot imagine people killing other people without being forgiven....entering the "pearly white gates". It defeats the whole purpose of living on earth in a Christian like manner.


I agree with this part. Im talking about people who commit suicide and people automatically damn them to hell. I don't think they automatically go straight to hell. I believe they get an opportunity to ask God for forgiveness. 
 



Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:57am
I know exactly what he meant when he said he tried to communicate with God and it was like god was not listening.
I know exactly how it feels to serve and feel like you're serving no one.

I'm sorry he couldn't fight anymore. His ego got in his own way. It's fukked up.
For real for real, I know exactly how that feels.

But this is why, as a believer you HAVE to gear up and get ready for combat.
You have to know that sh*t WILL hit the fan in life when you choose to grow.
The challenge appears because you are seeking something new, something you are not used to.
So it will be a challenge at first. And even ppl who have known God for years, like a pastor, will experience challenges as they seek to know new things.

You can't ungrow once the growth occurs, but once growth occurs, some resistence will come and how will you cope with the resistence that is mandatory for growth??

This is why you need to have your energy reserve. For times like these you need your notes on the unchanging nature of the creator. Did God all of a sudden say, fuk it. I'm sick of you, i'm out??? When in the past has God done that?? So why would he do that now? These are questions a believer needs to ask.

Where are the notes that show that this is just an illusion?? Pull it out, read it, get personal with it, understand it!
Who is on your support team? Your councillor, your advisor, your spouse, your therapist. You need to spend time with these ppl in times of growth and resistence.

And finally, in the 'uncomfortableness' of growth, in the resistence that happens when you are pushing your limits in attempts to extend your limits, you know that once you get past the threshold of your old limits, your new limit comes (so to speak).

The reality that every believer should know and understand is that spiritual growth and spiritual relationships happen on the cusp of your limit, or on the cusp of how much you can take.

The line between how much you can take, and how much you can't take is where growth happens.

Look to your past experiences of when you had your old limits that you feel you just couldn't go on. it seemed that God was GONE then too. What happened?

You stuck it through and your limits were pushed, and thereby increased.
Then god spoke louder. Wash, rinse, repeat.


It's a challenge. Growth challenges. That is kind of the point.
I'm sorry about this situation.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:07am
i wonder if there are any gnostic christians on bhm


Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:09am
If God is about forgiveness why doesn't he forgive people that commit suicide, why does that person automatically go to Hell?


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:13am
Just logically speaking, in order to get forgiveness, you'd have to be alive and conscious to realize the error in your ways, and then to approach your God.

If you are already dead, how can you do this?


Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
child plz, if he was atheist, he'd STILL be alive   ------------>
 
 
 
 


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:27am
I thought that the only unforgiven sin is blasphemy. Anyway, I hate the comments about Atheism, they shouldn't have even been brought up. May this man find his peace in his afterlife.


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:29am
ErmmStern SmilePinch 
 
This is not directed towards you ashbash, but bored


Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Just logically speaking, in order to get forgiveness, you'd have to be alive and conscious to realize the error in your ways, and then to approach your God.

If you are already dead, how can you do this?
   
Soooo people who drop dead from sudden aneurysms, heart attacks, freak accidents such as a car wreck or fall under this.theory do not qualify for forgiveness and thus to hell they go.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

ErmmStern SmilePinch 
 
This is not directed towards you ashbash, but bored


Boy hush!

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I thought that the only unforgiven sin is blasphemy. Anyway, I hate the comments about Atheism, they shouldn't have even been brought up. May this man find his peace in his afterlife.


HugThank you ash because we probably wouldn't have said a word otherwise but now there are multiple comments just from us taking note of our unnecessary involvementConfused.

Its sad that this man lost hope and took his life.  

I wonder if there is more to the story.  Like what india posted about him maybe not feeling support from his congregation over a major personal issue.  It really could have been anything or any past trauma that he couldn't overcome.  He was a person like everyone, out here trying to figure out life and how to deal with whatever pain he was feeling.   I can't even say he was wrong TBH.  We really have no idea how much a person can handle.  Very sad. 


Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

atheists do not need to read this cause it'll give them yet another reason not to believe
child plz, if he was atheist, he'd STILL be alive   ------------>



 
 

 

 



As someone who goes between atheism and being agnostic throughout life, I have to say that I don't agree with u senior detective. He would have to believe that his life is in his control within any religion. I personally feel that once u feel that u want to end ur life, that's u taking control. An atheist can come to the same conclusion. I sometimes joke that Christians are lucky because at least the never have to feel alone. At least they have God to talk to. An atheist only has themselves which can b lonely if u let it. An atheist could also feel like since there's no punishment, killing myself won't matter. An atheist has no pressure of disappointing a God.

Now for anyone reading this who may be having these thoughts, regardless of religion, u must change ur perception. Only u can do that. If you have a God, walk in his steps. Don't think of it as what he would do, think of it as WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING NOW OR NEXT. This is what you WILL do. Living your life to the standard you place as unattainable (God like) in your head, makes you think that it's impossible to do. Live your life to your standards of righteousness, integrity, honesty, loyalty, and any other trait you'd like to have as well REGARDLESS of what everyone else is doing. Use God's words as a guide on how to be happy and have a prosperous life. IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD, believe that he has laid a plan out for you and that when u sway from his plans, you r unhappy. LISTEN TO GOD through your health and ur mood. Whatever decisions u are faced with, think about what will make you happy and what motivates u to do better. That is God. You have to WANT to go with God, he can't make you. But when ur ready, he will be there.

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD, the same message goes for you but instead of God, pretty much replace it with yourself. You create how you see the world. If you always believe something bad wil happen, it will. It will because u said it will happen, so now your body starts moving in that motion. Or, sometimes terrible things just happen. That's life. We have a long life to live. Bad things will always happen. You just have to remember that you are sad right now. In this moment. This moment will pass, then you will have good moments. All of your life isn't bad, there are simple things that you really enjoy. Focus more on being happy from moment to moment and you'll create better things for yourself. You are the creator of your world. But u only control what happens to you. Do more of what makes you feel good. It's kind of like how Christians say, "God listens and does, that's how he speaks back." You listen to urself, and u do what u need to do. We do it all the time without even thinking of it. Think about living and how special it is to experience each moment and create better things for yourself. I swear being comfortable with who u r because you are truly confident in who u r will release an unbearable load.


Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Just logically speaking, in order to get forgiveness, you'd have to be alive and conscious to realize the error in your ways, and then to approach your God.

If you are already dead, how can you do this?
   
Soooo people who drop dead from sudden aneurysms, heart attacks, freak accidents such as a car wreck or fall under this.theory do not qualify for forgiveness and thus to hell they go.

People in those situations aren't sinning against God when they die.

Honestly, we all like to think we have all the answers but we don't. All we can do is try to live according to the bible, pray for forgiveness, and find out the rest on judgement day.


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Just logically speaking, in order to get forgiveness, you'd have to be alive and conscious to realize the error in your ways, and then to approach your God.

If you are already dead, how can you do this?
   
Soooo people who drop dead from sudden aneurysms, heart attacks, freak accidents such as a car wreck or fall under this.theory do not qualify for forgiveness and thus to hell they go.


What does a person who died from a heart attack need forgiveness? Forgiveness for their heart attack?
We're on the subject of death by suicide, not death by heart attack.

If a non believer dies by heart attack, their relationship with God is based on everything that happened with them and God prior to their heart attack.

If a believer dies by ego, or suicide, their relationship with God came to an end BECAUSE of their ego (their suicide)


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Just logically speaking, in order to get forgiveness, you'd have to be alive and conscious to realize the error in your ways, and then to approach your God.

If you are already dead, how can you do this?
   
Soooo people who drop dead from sudden aneurysms, heart attacks, freak accidents such as a car wreck or fall under this.theory do not qualify for forgiveness and thus to hell they go.

For the non believers who arent saved; sudden death could be too late for them.
That's why churches ask people to get it right before you die. The living believer can repent and the non believer can accept the gift of Christ to be safe, even in the event of sudden death.


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

ErmmStern SmilePinch 
 
This is not directed towards you ashbash, but bored


Boy hush!

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I thought that the only unforgiven sin is blasphemy. Anyway, I hate the comments about Atheism, they shouldn't have even been brought up. May this man find his peace in his afterlife.


HugThank you ash because we probably wouldn't have said a word otherwise but now there are multiple comments just from us taking note of our unnecessary involvementConfused.

Its sad that this man lost hope and took his life.  

I wonder if there is more to the story.  Like what india posted about him maybe not feeling support from his congregation over a major personal issue.  It really could have been anything or any past trauma that he couldn't overcome.  He was a person like everyone, out here trying to figure out life and how to deal with whatever pain he was feeling.   I can't even say he was wrong TBH.  We really have no idea how much a person can handle.  Very sad. 
 
Why hush? I ain't hushing.Angry


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

 
Why hush? I ain't hushing.Angry


Okay why are you bored in a thread about a man feeling hopeless and taking his own life.  What exactly are you looking for?  In terms of entertainmentTongue


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:04pm
creole that was lovely and I'm sure a lot of people will get something out of what you took the time to typeHeart


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:05pm
No, I'm talking about the poster Bored, the one with the atheist comment.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

No, I'm talking about the poster Bored, the one with the atheist comment.


OhLOL
You can still hurshStern Smile





































j/k or am ITongue


Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:14pm
Unhappy


Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:16pm
No one is immune from depression and suicidal thoughts. To say that this man would have still been alive if he were an athiest is a stupid ass assumption.
 
With that being said, I really wish he would have gotten professional help instead of relying solely on prayer. Such a sad end.


Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:38pm
He's a pastor that had a congregation to look after. He was a Shepard. Because of what he did many in his church can fall if they are not strong in the word. Yes he will be held accountable. Most would say Sarah waited 90 years to have a baby and with all the taunting she had to go through she still waited and yes she thought that God was not listening to her either. May he rest in peace but yes he will have to be forgiven for taking his own life.

The reality is that there are resources available for people with depression not trying to say that he was diagnosed with depression but he was diagnosed with doubt and once doubt is in man's mind the debil has a full play ground at his disposal. The congregation should RISE UP and continue God's work.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:42pm
that was a great post, creole!

i mean no disrespect by this but christians are taught that the bible is a complete blueprint for life and seeking answers outside of the blueprint is like tapping into the forbidden occult. 

if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere? its so sad because i'm sure this leaves believers who suffer from depression stuck between a rock and a hard place especially when the inconsistencies in their blueprint might just be the primary source of their despair.

i believe purpulicious studies some form of psychology. i wish she were here to chime in  because i'd like to know how someone of faith reconciles their faith with the science of the mind.


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:46pm
I think Bored make that comment due to the way several athiest members go overboard with negative comments about christains/God in most topics, regardless of how serious the subject. I hope the topic continues to stay on track due to a man dying .   


Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Christians aren't exempt from mental illness. That old school way of thinking is what has alot of christians putting on a front and hiding their depression, mental illnesses because they feel that it is a reflection on their faith and relationship with God. I heard a preacher say that if you have God you should never be sad because you have the joy of the Lord. That preacher probably felt like he couldn't ask for help because he would lose the respect of his congregation and that they would question his connection with God. He was suffering. This church mentality is really screwing people up and destroying lives. Having God does not make you less human than anyone else and you will deal with things including mental issues, physical issues, financial issues just like everybody else. God gives you the strength to endure and the common sense to know when to seek help. Going to church and praying is not enough. That sense of pride is hurting christians in the long run


Heart


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:59pm
Bored is always making crazy and outlandish statements in regards to religion. It was an uncalled for statement that took the conversation in a direction that it did not need to go.

We are all going to held responsible for our sins. That's why we thank God for the son.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I think Bored make that comment due to the way several athiest members go overboard with negative comments about christains/God in most topics, regardless of how serious the subject. I hope the topic continues to stay on track due to a man dying .   


I disagree sis.  Both sides have blood on their hands and BWOM has hers.   But I love your optimismLOL


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

that was a great post, creole!

i mean no disrespect by this but christians are taught that the bible is a complete blueprint for life and seeking answers outside of the blueprint is like tapping into the forbidden occult. 

if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere? its so sad because i'm sure this leaves believers who suffer from depression stuck between a rock and a hard place especially when the inconsistencies in their blueprint might just be the primary source of their despair.

i believe purpulicious studies some form of psychology. i wish she were here to chime in  because i'd like to know how someone of faith reconciles their faith with the science of the mind.

Great question.
To me the answer to your question lies in the question itself.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:11pm
explain.


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:30pm
if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere?


My short answer: If a believer is in a predicament and approaches his God directly for help, how should God help?
should God help in the way that the believer expects? That is a very egotistic POV imo.
Oftentimes, God uses an 'outside source' to 'indirectly' help a person. If you have your own idea of what help from God should look like, in your short sightedness, you may miss many of God's attempts at helping you.

God's help often includes others, i suspect because others also have an opportunity to learn something about themselves in the process of helping someone else.
We all reflect upon each other, and that is the point ( but not the end point)

When in a predicament, you approach your God for direction. Follow the direction. The direction will lead you someplace (outside of yourself...i.e to someone or something else....could be a therapist..could be another pastor)

You then come back to your home base and piece your puzzle together. What did I learn here?

You don't abandon your faith when God leads you 'outwards', because the outward help was divinely sent.
For a believer, or i should say, for ME as a believer, i have no doubt that my help was sent from God, regardless of what arena of society that help stems from.

If God leads me to a therapist for example, that therapist has some useful info that God wants me to have. I am thankful for it, I receive it, I come back and praise my God for moving that mountain with me.


That is my .2 in short form.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:46pm
makes sense. thanks derri!


Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:48pm
Derrti... thanks.for.the clarification.


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere?


My short answer: If a believer is in a predicament and approaches his God directly for help, how should God help?
should God help in the way that the believer expects? That is a very egotistic POV imo.
Oftentimes, God uses an 'outside source' to 'indirectly' help a person. If you have your own idea of what help from God should look like, in your short sightedness, you may miss many of God's attempts at helping you.

God's help often includes others, i suspect because others also have an opportunity to learn something about themselves in the process of helping someone else.
We all reflect upon each other, and that is the point ( but not the end point)

When in a predicament, you approach your God for direction. Follow the direction. The direction will lead you someplace (outside of yourself...i.e to someone or something else....could be a therapist..could be another pastor)

You then come back to your home base and piece your puzzle together. What did I learn here?

You don't abandon your faith when God leads you 'outwards', because the outward help was divinely sent.
For a believer, or i should say, for ME as a believer, i have no doubt that my help was sent from God, regardless of what arena of society that help stems from.

If God leads me to a therapist for example, that therapist has some useful info that God wants me to have. I am thankful for it, I receive it, I come back and praise my God for moving that mountain with me.
 

That is my .2 in short form.
You make some really good points. I had to learn this when I first got saved. I thought that God performed a certain "way" when I needed his help. But sometimes the way he helped me was sooooooo different than what I expected or wanted for that matter. But in the end he helped me to get what I needed through other people, sources etc. He didn't just drop an answer or a tangible blessing out of the sky wrapped up in a box with a bowLOL What he did for me was a miracle but to the outside world it probably didn't look like it. Now I do believe that God does perform miracles that can't be explained but that is definitely not always going to be the case. 


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

yeah I'm with derri too...doctors/therapist/counsellors etc. are all there to help people

they save lives, they heal, they improve people's lives and give people hope and direction (or at least they should), surely any religious person could view those figures as being literally God-sent..at least that's how I see it from what I've experienced in my life


Girl I know christians who believe that going to the doctor to get your cancer treated is not having faith in God. I have seen people suffering when they didn't have to but they wanted to look like they were so faithful. And I bet the whole time God is like smh GO TO THE DOCTOR!!



Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:23pm
Maybe this will be a wake up call.


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:26pm
This is why I wonder if some pastors are even walking with God for real for real. (Not saying this pastor in the OP was not, because I know nothing of the man)

As a believer, i believe that the mind is real ( trick statement, though) Sickness is also real
so therefore illness of the mind has to be real.

Medicine is real. Food is real.
Right?

So if you have an illness of your mind, you do need some medication.

For a believer, medication, specifically scientific medication is not only real, but the effect of the cause.

This is were the issue lies for a lot of people...
Which came first? science or God?

For the believer the answer should be simple. god caused science, thus both God AND Science are very real, but one CAME FROM the other.
So no one who claims to have been divinely led to lead should think, speak, or act against the sciences.
Essentially, to disregard science is to disregard God.


Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

This is why I wonder if some pastors are even walking with God for real for real. (Not saying this pastor in the OP was not, because I know nothing of the man)

As a believer, i believe that the mind is real ( trick statement, though) Sickness is also real
so therefore illness of the mind has to be real.

Medicine is real. Food is real.
Right?

So if you have an illness of your mind, you do need some medication.

For a believer, medication, specifically scientific medication is not only real, but the effect of the cause.

This is were the issue lies for a lot of people...
Which came first? science or God?

For the believer the answer should be simple. god caused science, thus both God AND Science are very real, but one CAME FROM the other.
So no one who claims to have been divinely led to lead should think, speak, or act against the sciences.
Essentially, to disregard science is to disregard God.
 
Tell it.


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.

i sincerely hope so. who knows, all the great advice offered in this thread might just motivate someone suffering from depression and reading this thread right now to seek professional help. 

i'm so proud of usHeartClap 


Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:11pm
There was this lady in my old church that was sick all the time but we never knew what was happening to her and she would be in the church all the time. morning noon and night. When we got wind of what was going on we all begged her to get Chemo. She refused. All this time the cancer was getting worst and was spreading. The pastor was like God will support and help the prayers get answered if you go to the doctor. We will all be here at church to pray for you. The lady refused and said God told her he would cure her cancer. We all pleaded, her husband pleaded her young kids pleaded and she refused until she eventually died. She left 3 young girl none over the age of 9 at the time. The hubby was pissed. My current pastor now would tell you to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY.


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

There was this lady in my old church that was sick all the time but we never knew what was happening to her and she would be in the church all the time. morning noon and night. When we got wind of what was going on we all begged her to get Chemo. She refused. All this time the cancer was getting worst and was spreading. The pastor was like God will support and help the prayers get answered if you go to the doctor. We will all be here at church to pray for you. The lady refused and said God told her he would cure her cancer. We all pleaded, her husband pleaded her young kids pleaded and she refused until she eventually died. She left 3 young girl none over the age of 9 at the time. The hubby was pissed. My current pastor now would tell you to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY.


That is so sad.Cry She probably took that to mean that he would literally touch her body and heal her and that going to the doctor would be saying to God " I don't trust your word" when in reality Im sure God wanted her to go to the doctor. He could have worked through the doctors to heal her. 


Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.
 
Many years ago I suffered from depression and everyone kept telling me they would pray for me and to throw away my anti-depressants. I did. I felt guilty for being a depressed Christian. I did not take the meds and continued on in my depression while mostly pretending that I was fine.
 
Several years later, my depression still existed and I am now 7 months on anti-depressants and feel much better. I still have some naysayers, but it's either this or I might've considered going through with taking my own life. I am happier and doing much better on my meds and my relationship with God is still fine. I wish Christians realized how real mental illness is. I am also seeing a psychologist too. It has made me a better person.


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.
 
Many years ago I suffered from depression and everyone kept telling me they would pray for me and to throw away my anti-depressants. I did. I felt guilty for being a depressed Christian. I did not take the meds and continued on in my depression while mostly pretending that I was fine.
 
Several years later, my depression still existed and I am now 7 months on anti-depressants and feel much better. I still have some naysayers, but it's either this or I might've considered going through with taking my own life. I am happier and doing much better on my meds and my relationship with God is still fine. I wish Christians realized how real mental illness is. I am also seeing a psychologist too. It has made me a better person.


Heart


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I think Bored make that comment due to the way several athiest members go overboard with negative comments about christains/God in most topics, regardless of how serious the subject. I hope the topic continues to stay on track due to a man dying .   


I disagree sis.  Both sides have blood on their hands and BWOM has hers.   But I love your optimismLOL
Thank you . LOLCryHug


Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

if all the answers to life's mystery are in the good book, what would compel a christian to seek answers elsewhere?


My short answer: If a believer is in a predicament and approaches his God directly for help, how should God help?
should God help in the way that the believer expects? That is a very egotistic POV imo.
Oftentimes, God uses an 'outside source' to 'indirectly' help a person. If you have your own idea of what help from God should look like, in your short sightedness, you may miss many of God's attempts at helping you.

God's help often includes others, i suspect because others also have an opportunity to learn something about themselves in the process of helping someone else.
We all reflect upon each other, and that is the point ( but not the end point)

When in a predicament, you approach your God for direction. Follow the direction. The direction will lead you someplace (outside of yourself...i.e to someone or something else....could be a therapist..could be another pastor)

You then come back to your home base and piece your puzzle together. What did I learn here?

You don't abandon your faith when God leads you 'outwards', because the outward help was divinely sent.
For a believer, or i should say, for ME as a believer, i have no doubt that my help was sent from God, regardless of what arena of society that help stems from.

If God leads me to a therapist for example, that therapist has some useful info that God wants me to have. I am thankful for it, I receive it, I come back and praise my God for moving that mountain with me.


That is my .2 in short form.
 
I love reading your spiritual posts!


Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.
 
I really hope so! I am a Christian on anti-depressants, and seeing a psychologist. And I will tell anyone within the sound of my voice that it is ok and if they need medicine, take it! It might just save someone's life.


Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Bored is always making crazy and outlandish statements in regards to religion. It was an uncalled for statement that took the conversation in a direction that it did not need to go.




The pharisees called JESUS crazy and outlandish too, so Thanks for the compliment Ash


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:30pm
Smile^^


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:09pm
im pleasantly surprised that this thread stayed on topic and didn't become a war zone.


Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 6:34pm
Story time! (and yeah, it's long)...

Freshman year of college, I said I'd abstain from sex and focus on studies.

Did I have sex? Nope.

Did I focus on studies? Yep. I passed 1st semester with flying colors.

I partied and drank occasionally like most college students do...and although I wasn't engaging in sex, I masturbated quite often.

I masturbated because it felt good and it wasn't as bad as having sex, right? Yeah...right. Masturbation felt great, but when I was done I felt so dirty and disgusted with myself.

You'd think I stopped, but I didn't. My spirit felt heavy as hell. I started having nightmares. Some mornings I'd wake up and it felt like I was being suffocated the whole time I was asleep. I failed 2nd semester with sinking colors. I wasn't myself and I knew why.

I was scared. Scared of what would happen to my psyche if I didn't stop, so I stopped masturbating and I stopped feeling so horrible. The nightmares stopped, my heart didn't feel heavy, it was too late for passing my second semester. But I did get back on track for summer courses.

I say this to say, when you're going too far to the left, you'll know. Your body and mind will give you warning signs.

When you ignore those warnings signs (God's voice), you sacrifice your well-being for a false sense of gratification. This, in turn, could cause your mind to go haywire.

So yes, mental illness is real...but it could simply be that you're engaging in activities that are mentally, physically, and spiritually taxing and/or toxic.


Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:17pm

Satan, the god of this world, has blinded the minds of so many, even those of us in the church. Remember, church is like the hospital, where sick folks go to get saved, delivered, and set free! However, Satan’s agenda is to seek, kill and destroy. Especially those of us who are made in God's image and after His likeness. Satan ain’t stunnin no atheist or hanging out at the clubs.  He feel as though he already has those folks! He wants those who are in the church!  As soon as we leave, he is standing there trying to snatch what little word we’ve just received from the Pastor.

 

I thank God that the day I attempted to kill myself, He didn't allow my life to end. Instead, He lead me to folks that helped me mentally and spiritually. He allowed me to hear and receive His word…and I was healed and delivered from all my diseases and distresses.  I confessed Christ, and He saved me!! Yes, I do get depressed at time, but I know where my TRUE help comes from and I know that killing myself will not end my life totally (And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment – Hebrews 9:27).

 

I’m depressed right now, but I’d NEVER lose hope in the one person that loved me despite my filthy self! Because of Him, I can face tomorrow.



Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Story time! (and yeah, it's long)...

Freshman year of college, I said I'd abstain from sex and focus on studies.

Did I have sex? Nope.

Did I focus on studies? Yep. I passed 1st semester with flying colors.

I partied and drank occasionally like most college students do...and although I wasn't engaging in sex, I masturbated quite often.

I masturbated because it felt good and it wasn't as bad as having sex, right? Yeah...right. Masturbation felt great, but when I was done I felt so dirty and disgusted with myself.

You'd think I stopped, but I didn't. My spirit felt heavy as hell. I started having nightmares. Some mornings I'd wake up and it felt like I was being suffocated the whole time I was asleep. I failed 2nd semester with sinking colors. I wasn't myself and I knew why.

I was scared. Scared of what would happen to my psyche if I didn't stop, so I stopped masturbating and I stopped feeling so horrible. The nightmares stopped, my heart didn't feel heavy, it was too late for passing my second semester. But I did get back on track for summer courses.

I say this to say, when you're going too far to the left, you'll know. Your body and mind will give you warning signs.

When you ignore those warnings signs (God's voice), you sacrifice your well-being for a false sense of gratification. This, in turn, could cause your mind to go haywire.

So yes, mental illness is real...but it could simply be that you're engaging in activities that are mentally, physically, and spiritually taxing and/or toxic.

Thank you for sharing. I can definitely relate to everything you said in your post.


Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Maybe this will be a wake up call.
 
I really hope so! I am a Christian on anti-depressants, and seeing a psychologist. And I will tell anyone within the sound of my voice that it is ok and if they need medicine, take it! It might just save someone's life.

Me too, sis, but I'm afraid to take my meds. I've been searching for an alternative route. In the interim, the therapy along with exercise has been working...but I do think I need meds...just for a little while at least. 


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I've gone through depression and I know some churches believe it to be a spirit and I felt guilty for my depression as if it were my fault for not being faithful enough.

I no longer feel that way, I now know it's an illness. 
Christians should follow the teaching of Christ and not all the opinions of the religion.
 
Many years ago I suffered from depression and everyone kept telling me they would pray for me and to throw away my anti-depressants. I did. I felt guilty for being a depressed Christian. I did not take the meds and continued on in my depression while mostly pretending that I was fine.
 
Several years later, my depression still existed and I am now 7 months on anti-depressants and feel much better. I still have some naysayers, but it's either this or I might've considered going through with taking my own life. I am happier and doing much better on my meds and my relationship with God is still fine. I wish Christians realized how real mental illness is. I am also seeing a psychologist too. It has made me a better person.

I'm So happy for you.
Take care of yourself and feel no guilt for controlling your condition.

I didn't know I was depressed and had suffered in silence until I broke. From the outside, my life was great but I was grieving on the inside and I didn't know why.
The depression was so bad I had to take leave from work, I thought the condition was physical not mental. I was home alone in my room, on my knees, crying hysterically for no reason when I began to ask God for help. 
My phone began to ring, I didn't want to answer but my daughter was in headstart and I feared the call was about her. I answered the call and it was my doctor calling to ask if I was alright? I've never received a call from this doctor.
I hadn't seen him in over a month but he said my file was on his desk and HE (not his nurse) decided to give me a call. I was crying so hard he couldn't understand me but told me to get to his office ASAP. 

I have no doubt that God answered my prayer and sent a doctor to aid me when I was circling the drain.

GOD USES DOCTORS!!
,


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:06pm
katrenia your story really touched me. I went through something similar after I gave birth to my twins. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Then I just cried and cried and I literally heard a message like a booming voice. He told me exactly where to go and I did it and I am so glad that I did because I'm not sure where my life would be if I didn't. And this was before I got saved. I wasn't hardly thinking about God but he was thinking of me and came in my time of need.


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

katrenia your story really touched me. I went through something similar after I gave birth to my twins. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Then I just cried and cried and I literally heard a message like a booming voice. He told me exactly where to go and I did it and I am so glad that I did because I'm not sure where my life would be if I didn't. And this was before I got saved. I wasn't hardly thinking about God but he was thinking of me and came in my time of need.

I love the Testimonies.
God never intended us to suffer. My experience made me stronger in faith because I wasn't living the life of a saved Christian when I needed Him but He loved me.

I wasn't thinking about God either when this happened to me.
I really believe there are many people like myself who had to be brought to our knees to understand that God is real.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:46pm
I'm glad some have chosen to listen to what their bodies were telling them and seek treatment.  Most modern-day Christians would agree that it would be a good idea to see a doctor if they had cancer, a broken arm, pneumonia or internal bleeding.  Mental illnesses shouldn't be any different.  There is ample scientific evidence depression is real and treatments are available for it. 


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 1:01am
Thanks every one of you for sharing your stories with us.
truly touched me <3



Print Page | Close Window