Print Page | Close Window

Barbra Walters is a rude bish

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=366053
Printed Date: Feb 22 2018 at 5:40pm

Topic: Barbra Walters is a rude bish
Posted By: noneyons
Subject: Barbra Walters is a rude bish
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:53pm
Almost smacks Sherri on The View

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/barbara-walters-smacks-sherri-shepherd-view_n_4261122.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/barbara-walters-smacks-sherri-shepherd-view_n_4261122.html

Replies:
Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:56pm

Barbara Walters Almost Smacks Sherri Shepherd On 'The View' (VIDEO)

In an ironic twist of events, just as the co-hosts were attempting to spread the message about female self-acceptance and being nice to others, Barbara Walters and Sherri Shepherd got super testy with each other.

The co-hosts were discussing "mean girl culture" among celebrities, defined by women in the spotlight being cruel to other women in that same position. Walters praised "The View" for managing to break this stereotype by proving that a group of women can all co-exist together on television in a supportive and accepting environment.

Shepherd seemed to have other thoughts, however, and pointed out that the co-hosts themselves are guilty of scrutinizing certain celebrities for their appearances from time to time.

"We do do that... It is the news," Shepherd said.

Walter immediately interrupted her, and after a little back and forth between Walters and Shepherd, guest Joe Scarborough of MSNBC chimed in on the point that this type of culture exists with all women, not just celebrities.

"Women are so much tougher on other women than men are," Scarborough said.

"I think that's a myth," Walters fired back.

Shepherd disagreed with Walters once more and began to speak to Scarborough's point.

"We are--" she began. But Walters interrupted her again, this time sticking her hand out to stop her from speaking.

"I don't think that," Walters said, holding her hand in front of Shepherd. "I think that most women-- and I work all the time with women-- and they are supporting and helpful."

"I think you're not seeing women--" Shepherd began again.

This time Walters interrupted her again. She lifted her hand and pushed it toward Shepherd, nearly smacking her in the face!

"[I've worked] seventeen years on this show, and you haven't seen it," Walters said.

Watch the video for the full clip.

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:57pm
She is rude, putting her hand in her face, cutting her off. Barbara aint goin nowhere though

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:58pm
*fires up tivo*

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:58pm
thanks bunny

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:59pm
yeah thanks Bunny

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 4:59pm
sherri should have stuck her face out so barbara's hand could make contact then proceed to make a big to do and sue her ass!

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:00pm
the vid is in the link i posted

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:01pm
dang. BW broke so many barriers, I always wanted to like her but t's getting to point that I can't stand her. I was hoping she'd retire and go quietly before I totally hate her. But her last year on tv seems to be  creeping by slowly and she probably won't make it.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

"I think that's a myth," Walters fired back.

Ermm @ Barbara not realizing that the women shes been working with for the last 30 years may treat her just a little differently than they treat the average female co-worker.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:05pm
Can't stand Barbara wah wah

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:05pm
i agree, purp 

sherri gets no respect which is why i stopped watching. she's annoying at times but she still deserves the same respect given to the other panelists. 

i know she recognizes it and i'm sure she would jump ship if she could which is why i say she let that cha ching opportunity slip through her fingersLOL

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:06pm
Yea she's leaving tv right on time.

Didn't watch video cause I still respect her lol.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:08pm
Sherri couldn't get a word in, I wish they would cancel The view before someone karate chops Barbara Walters.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

i agree, purp 

sherri gets no respect which is why i stopped watching. she's annoying at times but she still deserves the same respect given to the other panelists. 

i know she recognizes it and i'm sure she would jump ship if she could which is why i say she let that cha ching opportunity slip through her fingersLOL

I've noticed she treats Sherri like an idiot. I used to see her cut Sherri off quite often and give her that dismissive hand . 

eta: just realized I don't record it every day anymore; not since this season started. I may not have that one recorded. I can't see that video in link right now for some reason

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:12pm
didnt watch but it seems that Barbara just proved Sherri's point

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:12pm
exactly RR.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

took everything in Sherri not to snap

I loved Sherri's expression, tho she kinda did thisErmm, lol

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:21pm
Barbara old arthritis behind need to go . I didn't watch .. But I dislike Barbara . And she had no right talking , to Sherri like that.. I wonder how Star Jones would of handle that situation ..

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:26pm
dammit barbara!

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:28pm
Can't stand Barbara Walters. I noticed that as she grew older, she started saying what she REALLY thinks and we finally got to see the racist side of her. I wish she had displayed that side of her earlier but I guess hypocrisy paid the bills and kept her reputation intact.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:29pm
^^yes. I wish she had let us know from the beginning how she felt.

Now, I'm mad at myself for  liking her a little bit back then.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

^^yes. I wish she had let us know from the beginning how she felt.

Now, I'm mad at myself for  liking her a little bit back then.

Man, I used to LOVE her! And then she started The View and made some of the most backwards, racist comments I'd ever heard, all the while seeming oblivious that she was doing it. I was floored. She had to know what she was doing because I never saw that side of her during her entire career before The View. I guess she got to a point where she figured that she is so big anyway, she might as well say what really comes to mind.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:54pm
a couple years ago when vanessa williams was a guest on the show, barbara treated her like a racist would treat an "uppity" nicca..nessa' checked that ass each and every time.

then there was the time when sherri had to check her on the use of the word nicca.

the time when she said some sh*t about mexico's obesity issue being because they eat too many tacos

some shady sh*t she said about nikki minaj

when she asked joy if she'd be more afraid of the president of syria or herman cain

i could go on and on. joy is kinda racist too but i think whoppie helped calm her down. either way, if it walks like a duck...

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:55pm
That was more like a "nicca I ain't tell you to speak yet" gestureOuch

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 6:49pm
Wow, I am so disappointed in Barbara.

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:14pm
I'm not surprised. She's a racist.

Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:37pm
I watched it.
Whoopi's expression was priceless.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:53pm
is anyone really suprised that an old white woman is racist?

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

took everything in Sherri not to snap

^this, that was one of those let me keep my job and not go off moment. Walters has always come across as a no it all, can't stand her.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 8:04pm
So rude. I know Sherri wanted to snap back but the bills gotta be paid lol

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:26am
Wonder what they (barbara and sherri) are going to say tomorrow on the issue...keep.me posted.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 12:32am
ahh i'm going to watch this episode in the morning as i get ready.  Barbara and Whoopi stay trying to put Sherri in her place.  Sherri is the most honest out of all of them, imo...not the brightest person in the world but she's really grown on me the past few years...seeing whoopi in all her coon glory made me appreciate her more i guess.  Barbara is VERY out of touch with reality so i prefer days when she isn't there.  they purposely didn't mention the store name Barney's in the story about the black student who was detained..the follow up story they did but it seemed mighty fishy.

Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 7:29am
That wrinkled up prune needs to bow out gracefully. She's out of touch because of her privilege. She should've been put out to pasture or at least taken out back like old yeller A LONG TIME AGO...

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:06am
Never watched the view.  Something about Barb doesn't sit well with me.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:13am
She could have checked that heffa in a way that would not have cost her her job imo. Its no way I would just sit there. Sherris needs a little Tami on her shoulders.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

thanks bunny

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

yeah thanks Bunny
ur welcome ladiesEmbarrassed

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:46am
I saw the video and CLEARLY it was not her intention to block Sherri like she did.Shocked

Clearly she was caught up in making her point such that she was noticing Sherri.

I'll bet after the show when she watched that clip she was really sorry and apologized to Sherri and I am sure Sherri was good natured enough to accept this and they have moved on.

Ya'll just glad ya'll have an excuse to hate on another White person. Predictable.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

I saw the video and CLEARLY it was not her intention to block Sherri like she did.Shocked

Clearly she was caught up in making her point such that she was noticing Sherri.

I'll bet after the show when she watched that clip she was really sorry and apologized to Sherri and I am sure Sherri was good natured enough to accept this and they have moved on.

Ya'll just glad ya'll have an excuse to hate on another White person. Predictable.
predictable? just like your "save a yt" posts?Ermm

LOLLOL

Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:45pm
did they talk about it today?

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:51pm
White bitch syndrome

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:51pm
^^ Any updates ?

The look on Sherri face ..Stern Smile..

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:14pm
I don't think it was her intention to slap her, but she was definitely trying to shut Sheri up and dismiss her. Barbara needs to retire

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:19pm
She sure didn't disprove Sherry's point. Hot mess hag.

Print Page | Close Window