Print Page | Close Window

Do your parents still buy you stuff?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=365898
Printed Date: Oct 21 2018 at 2:22pm

Topic: Do your parents still buy you stuff?
Posted By: jmarie
Subject: Do your parents still buy you stuff?
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:39pm
If they do how old are you? Do you think there's an age when they should stop buying you things and giving you money.  I'm in my 30s but my father still buys me things and gives me money. I don't get things constantly maybe every few months, but my friend is always sarcastically saying things like did your daddy buy you that. I'm too independent to be asking my daddy for stuff. I'm like shut up bish.

Replies:
Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:42pm
nope not since hs graduation.
but i buy my mom whatever she 
asks for.

Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:46pm
My father is pretty well off. He has 6 kids and he spoils all of us.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

only haters care if your parents (that can afford to do so and offer) buy you stuff

tell your friend to stfu
this  

and of course she does; i'm the baby.  my grandmother is the same way. 

really though-- i could say no, but they wouldn't listen. my grandmother has straight up gotten mad in the past at the times i've paid for things myself or refused to let her pick up a tab. my mom, on the other hand is more understanding of my "no thank you". it's rare that she draws a hard line and makes me take xyz from her. 

eta: i'm 30 Embarrassed

and i can be the same way. my mother is spoiled. i'm just glad/proud that she admits it so i don't look like a brat ass child when i tell her no.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:48pm
Woop woop@Squad'82

But yes my parents still do things from time to time..My mom always ask if I need anything... I give to them to out the blue its just how we are.....
Ive been called spoiled and a daddys girl but I dont see it ... but i have great parents.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:49pm
NO. Nobody buys me sh!t. But I live in their house without paying rent so I guess that would count as a gift/monetary benefit that they provide

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:52pm
They buy me stuff everyday and I'm 27. And I will keep accepting all of it until I'm 87 if need be.

Your parents buying you things doesn't make any less an adult and just be thankful you have a stable family that is secure enough to be able to provide for your needs and wants. That's the whole point of having family.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:53pm
HELL YEAH they do! Whenever I go visit my mom she gives my spending money...lol If she dont have it she at least gives my gas and toll! lol

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:59pm
My dad bought me a new computer a couple months ago Approve My mom buys small things for me. People say my sibling and I are spoiled but I think they're just jealous

Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:12pm
Yeah she is jealous. He got me a Kate Spade bag I wanted, she was like what kind of bag is that?  I know your daddy got it for you. I told her my father got it for me on sale. She said that's a ghetto purse because black people are known for playing spades, and my purse has the spade logoLOL

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:18pm
I'm a spoiled brat, I always have been. I'm my dad's only child and he is always getting things for me and my children. I moved a thousand miles away and he's still sending me money. I don't ever ask for anything though.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:28pm
No, we buy them things.

My mom and dad give my baby sister everything we give them. My mom is spoiled and she has tantrums you would not believe smh. We love buying that crazy lady things and in turn we have a handy dandy babysitter. Give and Take

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:30pm
yes, im 27...my parents asked me today what i wanted for my birthday this month

im applying to medical school, couldn't do it without them
as long as im not having babies im not ready for or being an idiot, they will always support me until i get to my goal

and not one f*ck will be given about anyone's opinion concerning our relationship

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:09pm
Spoiled asses......ErmmLOL

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:09pm
Yes! I still make a Christmas list like a lil kid... Pics included. I already know new tires will be a gift

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:10pm
Yup, my mother just renewed my lease and paid this month's rent for my birthday. She paid for first month, security and the broker's fee on her birthday when I first moved in lol

I know I' m gonna fall out if there's no money in my card from my grandma.

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:20pm
Sort of. I went through a phase where I wanted to establish my independence and make it on my own so I wasn't accepting money. I grew out of that QUICKLY. It's a blessing to have family that is financially in a position to give me money/things AND has the heart to do so.

Even now I very rarely ask for anything and only if I need it. But if they are offering something I am happily accepting it, lol.

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:28pm
Ive been cut off as of this summer (last thing they paid for was my vacation). But my mom still treats when im in town and we do lunch

Im 25

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:53pm
I  earned these rewards!...lol I see spoiled as unearned rewards/gifts. Im a great daughter if I do say so myself....My folks still ask me to make a Xmas list with 3 items on it LOL

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I  earned these rewards!...lol I see spoiled as unearned rewards/gifts. Im a great daughter if I do say so myself....My folks still ask me to make a Xmas list with 3 items on it LOL
ok?! this is really my pov.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:00pm
Yes even though its completely unnecessary. I got a package recently, something she ordered for me.

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:01pm
*in my trey songs voice* YEP!!

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:02pm
yes. they like me to enable my lack of desire to be a functioning adult so they spoil me Stern Smile

as long as i stay in school and graduate 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:03pm
^Lmao!

Yes. I'll return the favor after I start my career but yeah they support me and I'm thankful for everything.Cry

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:03pm
My mom got my a shirt recently..but th err y mainly buy for the grandkids.

Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:42pm
I wish I could make lists. You truly are spoiledSmile

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:50pm
Yes, sometimes. Wink

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by jmarie jmarie wrote:

If they do how old are you? Do you think there's an age when they should stop buying you things and giving you money.  I'm in my 30s but my father still buys me things and gives me money. I don't get things constantly maybe every few months, but my friend is always sarcastically saying things like did your daddy buy you that. I'm too independent to be asking my daddy for stuff. I'm like shut up bish.

Her daddy ain't tryna give her sh*t.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 1:28am
I WISH!

Posted By: saxssyvixen29
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 1:56am
Yes, of course....it's like a package deal, if my son gets a present, I do too, usually.LOL

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 2:27am
Hell yeah.
My mama paid half my rent last month because I was having issues, and if I need or want anything, ask and I shall receive. I'm trying out this independence thing, though, so it's rare that I ask her for stuff nowadays. 
I'll be 21 next wednesday.  

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 4:11am
Being independent is silly.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 4:23am
yessir. 
i always get snarky comments and stuff.. 
or them, 'ooh uh uh.. i like to buy my own ish…' 
they're just jealous.
tf you wanna spend your own money for when you don't have to…? 

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 5:51am
Yes.

Whenever my mom goes to the supermarket (or any store) and she sees something she wants me to have or knows that I like, she'll buy it for me.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 7:27am
Yep.

All the time.

Posted By: patternsandtexture
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 7:49am
My mom got me an ipad for my birthday and is getting me a ps4 and xbox one and a new laptop for christmas. I'm 29 years old.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 7:50am
Yup.....Tongue

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

only haters care if your parents (that can afford to do so and offer) buy you stuff

tell your friend to stfu

Posted By: GoldieLocks
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 8:07am
My parents still buy me things and I am 24... X_X They just stopped paying my phone bill last month... LOL

I don't know they have always been nurturers, and I guess even now that I am grown and have a good job they still feel as though i am their little baby. 

I ain complainin' wahhhhhh Party

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 8:16am
My mom has never really bought me anything . Any money she gives me now is what she owes me anyway. Now my brother is a whole 'nother story, my mom would buy all of his toiletries, underwear, clothes, gas, bills, books, and groceries all 4 years of college......boy had it made. The only thing he paid was rent, which wasn't much because he would always find the cheapest places or gst a discount.
He still gets all this today at the age of 25 and he makes over 80,000 a year.

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 8:27am
22 & yep! All my parents (step parents included) but me stuff or give me money but that could have everything to do with the fact that I'm in school. My boos parents don't, not since HS graduation, unless he asks for help.

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 8:50am
If my mother is in the store and sees something I might like, she picks it up for me and gives it to me when she sees me. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

She doesn't just flat out give me money though.

Print Page | Close Window