Print Page | Close Window

The Real Is Gonna Be Back

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=365722
Printed Date: Jan 16 2018 at 9:52pm

Topic: The Real Is Gonna Be Back
Posted By: uppitynegroid
Subject: The Real Is Gonna Be Back
Date Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 7:45pm

The ladies of "The Real" and all those who loved it can rejoice!  The daytime talk show that slayed markets in its summer test run has been fully picked up by Fox & BET.

Deets inside...

After a super successful 4-week, seven city test run this past summer, "The Real" is set to premiere its full season in Fall 2014!

The one-hour daily talk show, hosted by the fun and fabulous Tamar Braxton, Loni Love, Adrienne Bailon, Jeannie Mai and Tamera Mowry-Housley, killed the test run with stellar ratings.

Across all seven markets, “The Real”'s viewership grew by 50% throughout the test.  And it's filling a niche market void in daytime.  The show is the first of its kind with all five hosts being of ethnic backgrounds, and the sassy & controversy isn't exactly what you see on the other daytime shows.

The talk show will air on 18 Fox owned & operated markets in Fall 2014, and will have a replay of each show daily on BET (similar to the set up for "The Wendy Williams Show").

“Five hosts for the price of one – score! Seriously, we’re all looking for younger adults and this http://theybf.com/2013/10/31/the-real-gets-picked-up-tvs-newest-daytime-talk-show-premieres-fall-2014#" rel="nofollow -

New York (WNYW), Los Angeles (KTTV), Chicago (WFLD), Philadelphia (WTXF), Dallas (KDFW), Boston (WFXT), Atlanta (WAGA), D.C. (WTTG), Houston (KRIV), Detroit (WJBK), Phoenix (KSAZ), Tampa (WTVT), Minneapolis (KMSP), Orlando (WOFL), Charlotte (WJXY), Memphis (WHBQ), Austin (KTBC) and Gainesville (WOGX).

Congrats to the ladies!

I'll be watching.  Big smile

http://theybf.com/2013/10/31/the-real-gets-picked-up-tvs-newest-daytime-talk-show-premieres-fall-2014" rel="nofollow - http://theybf.com/2013/10/31/the-real-gets-picked-up-tvs-newest-daytime-talk-show-premieres-fall-2014

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 7:55pm
Cool.
It'll replay on BET.

Posted By: YoursTruly
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 6:19am
Fall 2014 tho.....ConfusedAngry

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 6:19am
Originally posted by YoursTruly YoursTruly wrote:

LOL

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 7:16am
I'm glad because I kinda felt bad for Tamara.

Posted By: Joja1107
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 8:40am
yay! i had to watch it on youtube since it wasnt airing in detroit over the summer but now it will be!Thumbs Up

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 8:42am
never watched but good for them.
i must check it out

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 8:43am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

what happened to her?

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 9:12am
Why do we have to wait a whole year?

I really like the girls .. well, all except Tamar.. Shocked Too selfish. UGH....

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

what happened to her?

Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 10:22am
Nothing happened, she was just finally happy to be doing something after all these years and then they canceled the show.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 10:35am
Yay. I'm glad people responded well to the test-run. It's a good show

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 10:50am
Yay, I love the show!

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 12:10pm

Nothing happened, she was just finally happy to be doing something after all these years and then they canceled the show.

The show was never cancelled. The airing of the show this summer was just a test run, like Kris Jenner's show. 

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 12:23pm
Yay!!! I LOVE this show! One of my favorites.

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 11:12pm
Was this good? I never caught an episode, but I imagined a bunch of loud over talking. I would never take any of these women for having a valid opinion about much, but maybe I judged too soon. I'll check it out!

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 5:18am
Originally posted by YoursTruly YoursTruly wrote:

Yeah I just noticed that too Cry.

I really liked the show and I'm glad it's coming back. I watched all of the episodes on youtube.

Date Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

The show was never cancelled. The airing of the show this summer was just a test run, like Kris Jenner's show. 
Ok the "test run" didn't continue and won't be back for another year. Anywho, Im glad Tamara has a gig.

Posted By: DaSweetestChocolate
Date Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 4:11pm
Watched it in YouTube a couple of times glad I can catch it in bet

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 4:37pm
From what I hear a test run in the summer of 2013 and the show being picked up for the fall of 2014 is fairly common. I'm happy for them. I Pre-judged the show and ended up falling in love.

Print Page | Close Window