Print Page | Close Window

LWIGS sent me garbage. 911 Kinky Straight!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=365412
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 1:36am

Topic: LWIGS sent me garbage. 911 Kinky Straight!
Posted By: Urbanique
Subject: LWIGS sent me garbage. 911 Kinky Straight!
Date Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:22am
Ladies - this is a kinky straight emergency. I need to order from a CV who can deliver within 2-3 days. Who's the go to vendor these days? I need a quick bundle by Thursday/Friday.

Shocked

ETA: 160+ views and no one could help a sista out? *sigh* Well here's why I am in need of some wefts. I am usually a HairEsthetic Kinky Straight girl, but I decided to try something new.  I ordered 16" CY from Lwigs on Aliexpress. A week later I get this sh*t in the mail:

Thin, frail, invisible ends. Half of the damn hair is see-through!

Is this what all the fuss is about? It can't be.

Replies:
Posted By: mzjuicy553
Date Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 11:48pm
Wow. Is there anyway to make it work? That's too bad because I wanted to order from them.

Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by mzjuicy553 mzjuicy553 wrote:

Wow. Is there anyway to make it work? That's too bad because I wanted to order from them.

I bought this hair to make bottom layer clip-ins. Even if I use the whole pack, it is going to be this thin. I can't have my hair full on top and scraggly with invisible ends on the bottom. I am so disappointed. CryAngry

Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:10am
I was so close to ordering from them but I'm still on the hunt myself for a good vendor. Their shipping was too high for me.

Posted By: Aihtnyck
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:16am
Dang. I had them in mind for my future CY too 

Posted By: Pullmyhair101
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 6:44am
Girlllll i actually ordered from lwigs BEFORE the post on here like three days before the bhm bust, so i know i got their real quality. I was sooooo dissatisfied!!!! First, she sent me wrong lengths which she admits THENNN i had 8 inches of straight hair. Talking abt its hard to braid to rhe end to get the texture.

Posted By: imfunsized
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 8:15am
Oh crap that sucks I was gonna order their afro kinky curly

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 8:47am
Awe hell I just placed an order for their new grade 6 hair on Sunday...I need this for my bob cut!! I will be so pissed if my ends like this sorry this happened OP....Are you going to send the hair back?

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 8:59am
Sorry this happened to you op. The batch they sent me was great..i'm assuming quality went down with the sudden influx of orders smh.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 9:18am

I need thin hair for a Pony ? How much to take it off your hands ? 

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 9:43am
WOW!!  The Bandwagon Effect is REAL!!  That's why GG didn't want us to know her vendor...I was actually going to suggest LWigs, my hair from them is really full.  
Hope you get your money back, I don't know who else to suggest in such a time crunch.

Posted By: Island-Clo
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 10:15am
the hair isnt garbage, its just all there long lengths are thin towards the end. gotta double up certain lengths

Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 10:49am
Hey y'all! I'm in the process of settling with Lwigs. I would like a refund, but we all know these kinds of exchanges with CVs take a loooong time.

I'm not saying you shouldn't order from them, but just be aware. They apparently have different grades of hair. According to Lwigs, if you want a fuller weft, then you need to purchase their 6A hair. And, yes, it is more expensive.

Honestly, at almost $70 for this crap, I can't imagine paying even more for the higher grade bundle. Might as well buy from an AV.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my usual vendor to replenish my stash.

Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Island-Clo Island-Clo wrote:

the hair isnt garbage, its just all there long lengths are thin towards the end. gotta double up certain lengths
So I need to buy double the hair just to get a decent thickness? No, ma'am! Not I!

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I need thin hair for a Pony ? How much to take it off your hands ? 
Hey, India. If this is what you're looking for, then you're more than welcome to buy it! I paid $67 with shipping. Besides the thinness that I just can't get over, the hair has a nice texture. PM me and we can work something out.

Posted By: ms.sherre
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 11:57am
Sorry this happened to you op.. I jus got mine Monday and my bundles looked great!!, but I probably won't order again because they charged twice for shipping then tried to give me only $16 of the $27 they charged me!! so I took back one of my 22 in bundles and exchanged it for their clip sets to equal out to the money they charged me, I made sure I got all my moneys worth!lol..

Posted By: mvanburen19
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:07pm
@urbanique, what part of georgia are you in?

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:29pm
Damn son...I just got my hair from them last week and it was fine. I want to buy for my friends too so I will be having words with them!

Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by mvanburen19 mvanburen19 wrote:

@urbanique, what part of georgia are you in?
I'm in Atlanta!! You?

Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Damn son...I just got my hair from them last week and it was fine. I want to buy for my friends too so I will be having words with them!
Let them know up front that you are an educated consumer and you aren't playing games! These folks will try to pull a fast one. Good luck with your future purchases!

Posted By: *SUCCMIDRY*
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:28pm
It doesn't look like the ends are thins, it just looks like the top is puffier and the bottom is more coarse than puffy. 

Posted By: KanDy994
Date Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:55pm
Is there any way you can make it work? It sucks when we pay and then wait sometimes a long time for the hair to come in and then its like wtf! Sorry OP I feel for you

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 12:03am
I bought hair from them before the BW effect and my ends were hella thin too. I had to cut provbably 1-1/2" off. other than that the hair is great.

Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 12:04am

yup

Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 12:13am
Originally posted by PerfectBlending PerfectBlending wrote:

I bought hair from them before the BW effect and my ends were hella thin too. I had to cut provbably 1-1/2" off. other than that the hair is great.

Do the ends dry out & frizz badly? I really want some coarse yaki or kinky straight...

Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 12:18am
nope not at all. no issues at all

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 1:00am
Yikes! My wefts were so thick I had to go back and split them to reduce the bulk. Also, the puffiness of the roots might be making it look worse than it is. Have you flat ironed a piece?

Posted By: Janezeng
Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 2:02am
regretful to hear this. hope you can get money back.

is the hair 100gram per bundles?

Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 8:16am
Dang I had LWigs on my list for a future purchase. Never mind now.

Sorry, OP!

Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

Sorry, OP!

Shantel my hair come tomorrow..I purchased the 6A grade light Yaki..I will email you picturesWink

Posted By: MrsBishop
Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 8:55am
I just got my hair from them last week and you can tell that the ends were actually cut off for me. I'm pretty happy with it. Sorry yours is like that, but I think they will work with you.

Posted By: BellaBlack
Date Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 9:01am
the safest way is buy these hair from local salon or stores,stock units,bcz even if u buy it from CN or IN,time is too late for your CV ,at least 2 working days to US and it may delay your goods on the weekend.Ouch

Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by PerfectBlending PerfectBlending wrote:

yup

Pretty much. Stop cutting out the middleman if you want perfect hair out the bag. AVs and large resellers do more than just reship the hair to you. I also don't think there is a bandwagon effect. I ordered long after and my order was fine. Im perfectly happy with people thinking thats the case though. Itll help keep the prices down. Wink

Date Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 8:36am
I will pick up my grade 6A hair today from the post office

Date Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 8:34am
Getting PM's so I will post here....

I picked the hair up last night from UPS and so far so good.. I will be getting a full install on saturday no closure....The hair looks healthy from tip to bottom very full...No crimps...Reminds me of BSS Yaki hair.....I curled and piece with my flatiron and it seem to curl pretty good...The true test is after my install and wearing it for a couple of weeks...I do not plan to seal....

Posted By: sarah1987
Date Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 10:50pm
any pictures?

Date Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 11:50pm
I ordered the afro kinky curl from them, it should be here this week. I hope it holds up after my last disaster.

Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 9:56am
Sorry the pics are big..straight out of the bag in front of UPS....It looks more brown in the sun...I may dye before my install on saturday...The true test is after the install...

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/mcutiepie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/lwiglightyaki_zpsd1a90035.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: HairEmpress901
Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 12:30pm
Glad u posted pics I was looking at the light yaki last night. Is it very silky?

Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 1:44pm
^^^ No it's not silky at all the pics are misleading..I did not want silky hair LOL

Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 5:10pm
Thats interesting. Your bundles are packaged differently than mine. My wefts and closure were a custom order though.

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 9:39pm
Grade 6A what length and what texture, MsBMW?

Forgive me if I missed it

Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Oct 30 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

Sorry, OP!

Shantel my hair come tomorrow..I purchased the 6A grade light Yaki..I will email you picturesWink

Please do because i really wanted this hair. I'll hold off until i see your pics. thanks.

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Urbanique Urbanique wrote:

Hey y'all! I'm in the process of settling with Lwigs. I would like a refund, but we all know these kinds of exchanges with CVs take a loooong time.

I'm not saying you shouldn't order from them, but just be aware. They apparently have different grades of hair. According to Lwigs, if you want a fuller weft, then you need to purchase their 6A hair. And, yes, it is more expensive.

Honestly, at almost $70 for this crap, I can't imagine paying even more for the higher grade bundle. Might as well buy from an AV.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my usual vendor to replenish my stash.

There is a significant price jump between the grades. As of right now you can get 2 pcs of 5A 20" for about the same price of 1 pc 6A 20" hair. Its almost double to get full ends. 

I like naturally tapered or full ends but not see through thin ends. No bueno.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 11:24am
I don't mean to hijack the thread but didn't want to make whole new Lwigs thread, and I was in this thread earlier saying how the hair isn't garbage well now I feel a little weird asking this. Is anyone having problems with there hair I bought the light yaki and from this past Friday it has been tangling on me. I am wondering if its the shampoo I'm using or the bit of coconut oil I put on while damp has anyone who has bought the light yaki having issues? I've been wearing it for almost a month with no issues up until Friday.

Posted By: porterad
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:51pm
I ordered hair from them and it is garbage. It  looked good for 2 weeks and once I washed and conditioned, it became trash. It tangles, it is thick and won't hold a curl.

Posted By: porterad
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:52pm
Oh and sheds ALOT... I have never ever had hair shed like this..........Angry

Posted By: veedubbz
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

I ordered the afro kinky curl from them, it should be here this week. I hope it holds up after my last disaster.

I'd like to see pics when you receive it. I was thinking of ordering that texture but I've been holding off.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 5:15pm
I ordered the "brazilian coarse" yaki..it's only been a week but no shedding or tangles at all.  

Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 8:17pm
I'm heartbroken yo, I was really loving this hair it was no problem till the other day, I washed it today with conditioner (tresemme)thinking it was the previous brand causing the tangling but nope. It draws up tangles even when I'm not doing anything.

Date Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by veedubbz veedubbz wrote:

Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

I'd like to see pics when you receive it. I was thinking of ordering that texture but I've been holding off.

I have the hair listed on my eBay for sale, a 14 and 16 inch. It's really pretty hair but far too loose to blend with my real hair, I'm him make me a custom batch with a tighter curl. Here's my listing link it has pictures.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/271316618860?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Posted By: akos
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 3:35am
My cousin and I purchased hair from Lwigs and for both if us it's starting to misbehave and crawl up, after about 3 weeks.
I love kinky straight hair and have worn it many times and from many different cv's.
For me personally the best has been Kevincn and believe it or not Wigsroyal, though I haven't purchased from either of these 2 for sometime.
I might have to though, because after doing the rounds on Aliexpress none of the KS looks appealing.
On another note is this not the same hair/photos as Lwigs? If so I'll be steering clear.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Coarse-Virgin-Human-Yaki-Kinky-Straight-Weave-Weft-Hair-Extension-10A-Top-Grade-Brazilian-Hair/1322598827.html
[URL= ][/URL]

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 12:16pm
Quality went down

Posted By: veedubbz
Date Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 9:52pm

I'm heartbroken yo, I was really loving this hair it was no problem till the other day, I washed it today with conditioner (tresemme)thinking it was the previous brand causing the tangling but nope. It draws up tangles even when I'm not doing anything.

I ordered awhile back and I have only been wearing the coarser texture for a little over a month but I'm also starting to experience TANGLING...and shedding has started too but it could be from some of the wefts i split since they were too thick.

I don't even touch the hair too much but shortly after i detangle..... tangles! Dead

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 11:53am
Is it because of it being processed???

Date Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 2:22pm
^^ I'm not sure that could be it, still looks pretty but the tangling is nuts it just draws up like a loose ho's skirt

Posted By: *SUCCMIDRY*
Date Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 6:31pm
Dang, I was going to sell my CY and buy some longer lengths...Idk now

Date Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 3:19pm
My CY is still going strong. No tangles. i did notice this hair likes co-washing and not shampoo. I dont like it due to it being so thick. Anything coarse just isnt for me, one day I will learn this. lol. But other than that it is going good.

Posted By: itskfsmith
Date Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 11:22am
When I ordered from them I mentioned that some people said that ends were thin and asked that they send me full hair.  I also ordered a closure and asked that they bleached the knots and they agreeded to do both with no extra charges.  The hair should get here this week.  I figured since we can communicate with the vendor I might as well try my luck and nicely say "Dont send me some BS!" lol I will definitly let yall know how that worked out for me.  I also plan to seal the wefts, might as well try to dodge shedding if you can help it right?

Posted By: chocolate03
Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 10:04am
I have been wearing my hair from LWigs since September 28 and have not had any issues. There is minimal shedding but I didn't seal. Sometimes I leave it in the same pony for days. No tangling whatsoever. I wanted to order the light yaki but I don't know now...

Posted By: DivaMelody
Date Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 8:49pm
chocolate03  what hair do you have ??Coarse yaki or kinky straight ?

Print Page | Close Window