Print Page | Close Window

The Title: Why I hate Scandal...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=365072
Printed Date: Dec 11 2018 at 6:21am

Topic: The Title: Why I hate Scandal...
Posted By: shantel75
Subject: The Title: Why I hate Scandal...
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:33am
Repost from Facebook

Why I hate Scandal (and other Negro Bed Wenches)

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-161713.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-161713.jpg

With many entertainers us as fans always have that one that we feel a special connection to, whether it be an appreciation for their skills, a physical attraction/ crush, or simply a love for who they are as a person.

For me I feel all three of these for the actress, Ms. Kerry Washington.

Without going into unneccesary detail, Kerry Washington, to me is damn near perfect and the ultimate wife(y) type.

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-161810.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-161810.jpg

She has had some great acting roles and over the years has been involved in a multitude of humanitarian efforts that impress and intrigue me.

That’s why it’s hard…no not really hard…unbelievable to say this but…I hate her show, Scandal.

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-161848.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-161848.jpg

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. There I said it. Now I know this is a very popular show and for good reason.

It is well written, has good actors, and includes thought provoking plots but in all honestly the biggest part of the show that America likes is…

This Black chick is the most powerful man in the free world & UNENO it.

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-161908.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-161908.jpg
Simply put, Olivia Pope is the president’s whore and that completely turns me off from liking the show.

Now is it because I am deeply infatuated with Kerry Washington? No because I ha
ve learned to minimize my thirst to realistic levels. Am I against interracial relationships? No I can’t really say that I am.

Then why do I hate Scandal?

I think the choice to possibly ignore historical significance of this taboo power dynamic has rubbed me the wrong way.

What many don’t know or haven’t researched is that this plot of Scandal is very similar to real history.

Our nations 3rd president, Thomas Jefferson, had slaves and in fact he had a slave mistress. Her name was Sally Hemings. By all accounts she was beautiful, of mixed descent, and spoke English & French but the bottom line is she was a slave who had four kids by this dude.

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-161252.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-161252.jpg
Now I don’t how TJ gamed Sally up into letting him but when you’re a slave on the Presidents plantation I don’t think there would be too much discussion in the matter.

America loves seeing Black women coddled by/saved by/loved by/ and *&%^$#@Eed by White men. Especially white men with power.

It’s the reason Halle Berry won an Oscar for getting pounded by Billy Bob Thorton, why Ghetto Gaggers is still in business and why Scandal is such a hot TV show. sh*t it’s even why they asked Kevin Costner to speak at Whitney Houston’s funeral.

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-163428.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-163428.jpg

What’s even funnier/slightly disturbing is Black womens recent infatuation with this character. Like Olivia Pope is some to admire. She’s a married man thats her boss. She’s no better that Sanaa Lathan in that piece of sh*t Tyler Perry movie.

All Im saying is I can’t get down with Ms.Pope bustin’ it wide open for the Commander In Chief when just 150 years ago she wouldn’t have had an option.

http://deeperthangrits.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130523-161510.jpg" rel="nofollow">20130523-161510.jpg

-Grits Capone

http://deeperthangrits.com/2013/05/23/why-i-hate-scandal-and-other-negro-bed-wenches/" rel="nofollow - http://deeperthangrits.com/2013/05/23/why-i-hate-scandal-and-other-negro-bed-wenches/

Replies:
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:35am

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:39am
I don't watch the show, but my s.o and sis in law do religiously. When she explained the plot to me, I admit that the OP's explanation crossed my mind. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I passed on watching it with them a few years back.

I watched a bit of it with her last week. Wasn't feeling it. I won't go into the mini debate that me and her had after it went offLOL

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:40am
Oh shut the hell up and just don't fcuking watch it then!

~disclaimer~ I ain't never watched a single episode of Scandal. I'm just sick of people betching about every!got!damn!thing!

eta: This post was directed at whoever wrote that, not OP.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:41am
You are PARANOID.

It's a TV show and if there was never a Black woman lead in a TV show ... you would be complaining that ... there are never any Black women leads in TV show, Duh!]

As far as this BACKWARD parellel of the character to SLAVERY? Ah who care?

You people have gotta stop 'reading into' everything .. as somehow some master ploit against Black women/people and try to find something positive in your lives instead of hee heee! Sittin around haten on White man.

How is this a PRODUCTIVE use of your energy?

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:42am
I watch the show and Kerry W character Olivia Pope gets on my nerves because they make her so weak for this yt man.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:44am
I didn't read but most people like myself admire Olivia Pope because she's a boss and gets sh*t done. I'd hired her.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

You people

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:48am

You are PARANOID.

It's a TV show and if there was never a Black woman lead in a TV show ... you would be complaining that ... there are never any Black women leads in TV show, Duh!]

You people have gotta stop 'reading into' everything .. as somehow some master ploit against Black women/people and try to find something positive in your lives instead of hee heee! Sittin around haten on White man.

Never failsSleepy

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:49am
there have been like 80000000000 articles saying the same thing since scandal first started

i think scandal is too much like a soap opera. not to say that the author's point isnt valid but it would be cool to hear some diff reasons on why people dont like the show

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:50am
I noticed that ABC has found their niche. They got three shows called Revenge, Scandal, and Betrayal. All with sexy female leads, having sex and being devious.

Then they got the Agents of Shield show which is all the way on the other end in terms of targeted audience.

They are really going hard to secure the 18-49 female demographic on one end (sex and the power) and the 18-49 male demographic on the other (comic books).

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:50am
I love Scandal but the writer described exactly how I feel about Olivia's  relationship with Fitz.   Not to mention he's a complete slime-ball and Olivia is supposed to be smart and intuitive beyond measure. 

I love her power position but they basically negate it by having her be the presidents jump off.  Oh that's right, she's the only woman he'll ever loveGeek

I'm waiting for a fine ass black MAN to come on the show and shut it down.   Dude they had proposing to her last season was weak and wak.  Who likes Fitz or even sees him as sexy?  He just looks like a nasty w**ker.    This whole dynamic makes Mellie look like a bauce.   White women tears and all. 

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:51am
I've never watched an episode, but my friends love it.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I noticed that ABC has found their niche. They got three shows called Revenge, Scandal, and Betrayal. All with sexy female leads, having sex and being devious.

Then they got the Agents of Shield show which is all the way on the other end in terms of targeted audience.

They are really going hard to secure the 18-49 female demographic on one end (sex and the power) and the 18-49 male demographic on the other (comic books).

I'm trying to watch this show but how the fck you gonna have all these agents and no room for ONE sista.   Just because Samuel L is doing cameos it doesn't mean sh*t to me.

But then, sadly that's what those places look like for real.  Pale. 

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:54am
I think OP's character would be weak when it comes to men no matter the race. If she was sleeping with a Black president people would complain about that. The character has serious daddy issues.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:56am
Lmao

I just finished watching this trailer for the new season of Archer LOLDead

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:59am
i agree with the article and its the main reason i don't watch most sitcoms these days. there is always some sick agenda when it comes to minorities. there rarely is a black lead and when we do have a big role, we're usually typecast as a criminal, comedic relief, token black or in this case, a jumpoff.

not to get too far off track, but steve mcqueen( the director of '12 years a slave') was the only black director on a roundtable of directors and he spoke about lack of blacks with leading roles in hollywood. tbh i'd post the vid but he went hard against white hollywood directors. you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet after he spoke. somebody be a doll and post the clip. just type in "steve mcqueen directors roundtable part 2"

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:59am
He's not lying tho

I'm afraid to ask... what's Ghetto Gaggers? Disapprove

Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

America loves seeing Black women coddled by/saved by/loved by/ and *&%^$#@Eed by White men. Especially white men with power.

It’s the reason Halle Berry won an Oscar for getting pounded by Billy Bob Thorton, why Ghetto Gaggers is still in business and why Scandal is such a hot TV show. sh*t it’s even why they asked Kevin Costner to speak at Whitney Houston’s funeral.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:03pm
So how does the writer of the article in the OP feel about Sleepy Hollow? 3 black main characters (2 of them female) a Latino male, an Asian male, a 1st Nation male (played by an Australian, but still) has made an appearance. Pretty darn diverse if you set aside the dearth of white women.

Yeah, she bout ain't watched a single damn episode. Ermm

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

if its the directors roundtable, god bless you.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i agree with the article and its the main reason i don't watch most sitcoms these days. there is always some sick agenda when it comes to minorities. there rarely is a black lead and when we do have a big role, we're usually typecast as a criminal, comedic relief, token black or in this case, a jumpoff.

not to get too far off track, but steve mcqueen( the director of '12 years a slave') was the only black director on a roundtable of directors and he spoke about lack of blacks with leading roles in hollywood. tbh i'd post the vid but he went hard against white hollywood directors. you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet after he spoke. somebody be a doll and post the clip. just type in "steve mcqueen directors roundtable part 2"

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

He's not lying tho

I'm afraid to ask... what's Ghetto Gaggers? Disapprove

Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

Ghetto Gaggers is a PICS series where white men gangbang black women. They spit on them. Choke them. Call them every name in the book. Use every hole available. And whatever other degrading thing they can think of. It's called gaggers because their goal is to make the girls vomit from the oral sex.

Their claim to fame was getting the more popular black PICS stars to do it like Jada Fire, Lacy Duvalle, Cherokee, etc. I know a lot of dudes who won't even watch a scene with those PICS stars anymore cuz they "lost respect" for them for doing a ghetto gagger scene.

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:08pm

if its the directors roundtable, god bless you.

whoa!  did anyone hear one of the white directors say: "I'm not stepping into that"..

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:09pm

You are PARANOID.

The whole "you'd be made if there was never a black person in that position blah blah" spiel is getting old sweetie.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I love Scandal but the writer described exactly how I feel about Olivia's  relationship with Fitz.   Not to mention he's a complete slime-ball and Olivia is supposed to be smart and intuitive beyond measure. 

I love her power position but they basically negate it by having her be the presidents jump off.  Oh that's right, she's the only woman he'll ever loveGeek

I'm waiting for a fine ass black MAN to come on the show and shut it down.   Dude they had proposing to her last season was weak and wak.  Who likes Fitz or even sees him as sexy?  He just looks like a nasty w**ker.    This whole dynamic makes Mellie look like a bauce.   White women tears and all. 

Exactly !!!!!!!!!

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:13pm
I LOVE Steve McQueen!
You can tell those yt men were pretty uncomfortable with the discussion.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:13pm
Mellie is looking like a bauce and the strong one. When she called Olivia a whore, she just sat there and looked stupid.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:16pm

I like Scandal

...especially Huck, he's my favourite character

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:17pm
Oh, we gon bring Po.rn into this? Cuz they had "respect" for those women to begin with?

And they ain't never watched Welsey Pipes, Brian Pumper and them BootyTalk dudes dig out some bazungu?

Yeah, okay....

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:17pm
Steve McQueen saying exactly how I'm feeling these days.  Its damn near bazaar to look at these shows and sh*t set in American major cities and not see any black people.  Especially us females.  Starting to feel like the entertainment world around us is written as if we don't exist. 

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:19pm

Scandal is my favorite show right now, but I do notice that with hit shows they either have a black male lead character or a black female lead character like the universe will implode if both are put in the same show. I like Scandal because they have diverse characters and they aren't playing stereotypical roles and its nice to disprove the notion that black female lead won't bring in ratings. If you have a good show with good actors ratings will come.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Mellie is looking like a bauce and the strong one. When she called Olivia a whore, she just sat there and looked stupid.

So sad.  And I was like no black woman I know would just sit there and take that sh*t from a highfaluting white woman.   All she said was stop calling me thatOuch.  Really?  Are we afraid of the rowdy black woman label that much?  Even a lot of white woman I know would have jumped over that table and pulled some hair or something.   Damn. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Oh, we gon bring Po.rn into this? Cuz they had "respect" for those women to begin with?

And they ain't never watched Welsey Pipes, Brian Pumper and them BootyTalk dudes dig out some bazungu?

Yeah, okay....

LOL

I don't recall the booty talk scenes where they left the girls in a pile of urine, vomit, and cum.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:23pm
Interesting... Geek

Ghetto Gaggers is a PICS series where white men gangbang black women. They spit on them. Choke them. Call them every name in the book. Use every hole available. And whatever other degrading thing they can think of. It's called gaggers because their goal is to make the girls vomit from the oral sex.

Their claim to fame was getting the more popular black PICS stars to do it like Jada Fire, Lacy Duvalle, Cherokee, etc. I know a lot of dudes who won't even watch a scene with those PICS stars anymore cuz they "lost respect" for them for doing a ghetto gagger scene.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Scandal is my favorite show right now, but I do notice that with hit shows they either have a black male lead character or a black female lead character like the universe will implode if both are put in the same show. I like Scandal because they have diverse characters and they aren't playing stereotypical roles and its nice to disprove the notion that black female lead won't bring in ratings. If you have a good show with good actors ratings will come.

This is what my sis in law/gf were saying.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:25pm
Girl, that scene hurt my soul....LOL

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:26pm

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

This is what my sis in law/gf were saying.

But if she wasn't bonking a the yt Prez would it be different. If her love interest was a black male, hell even a latino would the ratings still be the same.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:27pm
They all look like a bunch of children who just got caught with their hands in the cookie jar

I don't care. They deserve to feel the shame that they're feeling. They ignore all the morally incorrect things their people do and sit idle while enjoying their privileges

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:28pm
IDK.  This needed to be said.  I'm not gonna pretend I'll stop watching but I am disappointed in that aspect of Olivia's human flaws.   Have some damn dignity girl.   That man has no redeeming qualities and you know he smothered an old lady in the hospital to keep his job right?  Remember Cyrus told you to your face?  You know he knew Cyrus almost had Amanda Tanner killed?  Remember her?  And you still quiver when he walks in the room?  UghDead

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:31pm

LOL

I don't recall the booty talk scenes where they left the girls in a pile of urine, vomit, and cum.

It's been done. Maybe not in the Booty Talk franchise specifically, but yeah, it's been done.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:31pm
As I said earlier, I've only seen the last episode. And in that episode, the president gets in Kerry Washington's face, and she melts like a pop-sickle...like she couldn't talk or do anything coherent while being in his presence. I was like, is he about to phuck her right now? Why is she acting so weak? Then they told me to shut up.

Is that a constant throughout the series, her being all googly eyed and weak when the pres gets within a few inches of her?

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:33pm
All these shows have to serve one purpose: Lift the self-esteem of White people, mainly White men but sometimes White women too

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:33pm

Is that a constant throughout the series, her being all googly eyed and weak when the pres gets within a few inches of her?

Yes.  Despite many reasons I listed in my last post why what she should actually be doing is throwing up at the sight of him. 

ETA:  And I think that might have been one of only two times it didn't end with him jacking up her skirt and sticking it inDead

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:37pm
I've only seen 1 episode.
I don't like the show either.

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:39pm

Yeah, okay....

LOL

I watched one of those gg clips...and couldn't finish. It was one of the most disgusting things i've ever seen in life. They had this black chick LICK/EAT her OWN vomit. Like seriously? How much money could you be getting to publicly degrade yourself for these crakkas? ugh.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:40pm
Well I think that LOTS of Black women strongly wish to be desired by White men... and vice verse

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:41pm
Do any of you find the president in the show to be attractive?

I remember making the comment while watching it last week that he seemed pretty generic. From all the fuss over this show, I thought they guy would have looked like...George Clooney or whatever other older white guy women seem to have crushes on.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:41pm
I'm a whore myself, so I'm allowed to love Olivia Pope and everything she stands for.

-can't relate

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:42pm
Vomit is nothing in the world of po.rn. Especially if it's your own.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:42pm

nope

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:43pm
Tony Goldwyn ain't cute. Neither is George Clooney.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:45pm
Peeped this comment from the youtube comment section of the director roundtable video.

Seinfeld, Friends, Sex And The City and How I Met Your Mother are all set in New York (27% latino, 25% black, 10% asian) yet their main characters are entirely Caucasian.

I'm black and I can watch and empathize with white actors (I have to, they're most of the media) but to them I'm an uncomfortable, weird part of life that they don't have to deal with and, frankly, "don't want to go there".

I look at them and see friends, they look at me and see a stranger.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:47pm

I remember making the comment while watching it last week that he seemed pretty generic. From all the fuss over this show, I thought they guy would have looked like...George Clooney or whatever other older white guy women seem to have crushes on.

No!!! and this may be 84% of my problem with the show. LOL

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:48pm

Why is she acting so weak?
She is in love. dysfunctional as it is

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:49pm
He's not attractive at all RT.  Power is attractive however (right or wrong) but no way anybody would be fawning over dude if he was the checkout clerk at Target. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:49pm
That's because Whites are mentally ill... they don't truly consider non-Whites to be as human as they are and therefore they can't relate to their life stories

Peeped this comment from the youtube comment section of the director roundtable video.

Seinfeld, Friends, Sex And The City and How I Met Your Mother are all set in New York (27% latino, 25% black, 10% asian) yet their main characters are entirely Caucasian.

I'm black and I can watch and empathize with white actors (I have to, they're most of the media) but to them I'm an uncomfortable, weird part of life that they don't have to deal with and, frankly, "don't want to go there".

I look at them and see friends, they look at me and see a stranger.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Did they establish how she fell in love?

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:53pm
ya'll need to write to Shonda Rimes and complain about Olivia's character..LOLLOLLOL

Did they establish how she fell in love?

It all started on the campaign trail, before he was president.

She was his campaign manager.  Basically she is credited with getting him elected.  Than we find out that was by voter fraud. 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:54pm
It was all good just a week ago

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:55pm

She was his campaign manager.  Basically she is credited with getting him elected.  Than we find out that was by voter fraud. 

dam. now I hate it even more.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:55pm
It's not entirely Shonda's fault

Shonda knows how to make a show successful. She knows the degree to which Whites are racist and she plays into that

It's clear to me now that she's taking baby steps to get to where she really wants... hopefully, she won't become a slave to success the way Oprah has become

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

ya'll need to write to Shonda Rimes and complain about Olivia's character..LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:56pm

nope

not at all.

Shonda has already addressed these sentiments. In interviews in Essence and Ebony magazine, IIRC.

Was this all first season? Thinking about watching a few eps on netflix just so I can adequately discuss some of the shows dynamics.

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

It was all good just a week ago

LOL It still is.  The author really isn't saying anything some of us haven't already said in the Scandal thread.   Still gonna watch it "religiously"

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:57pm
Society acts like they don't really like "whores" period. You can put what ever pre-colonial spin on it you like.

If she and the president were black, she'd still not be the ultimate, chaste, Mrs. Huxatable everyone so desires to be the black woman's hero.

And somebody would be blogging about it.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:57pm

Was this all first season? Thinking about watching a few eps on netflix just so I can adequately discuss some of the shows dynamics.

Actually I think it was all revealed in the 2nd season flashbacks.   Its worth watching just keep in mind some of the Fitz/Olivia/Mellie dynamic is cringe-worthy. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I loved Claire Huxatable

I love her and Olivia.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:00pm
There are things that I don't agree with in Scandal but I've stayed mum about it because I've learned that you can't throw the baby out with the bath water

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:00pm
@ nita I defend whores to the end of time.  What I can't get with is the lack or morals (Fitz crimes) and Olivia's continued misery at being the mistress of the most famous married man in America.   She could fux a diff dude each week like Samantha Sex in the City and I would be like git it girl.  But this is just a mess. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:01pm

Society acts like they don't really like "whores" period. You can put what ever pre-colonial spin on it you like.

If she the president were black, she'd still not be the ultimate chaste Mrs. Huxatable everyone so desires to be the black woman's hero.

And somebody would be blogging about it.

And yet, damn near every popular TV show, reality and scripted, is centered around whores and their hookering.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:06pm
Not much to say is that you can't please everyone and good girl characters (i.e. perfect) don't draw in viewers.  For example if BBW or LAHH showed the ladies doing charity work and dress the wounds of the injured and hosting luncheons, that would be cancelled so quick.  Let's face it, we like watching flawed characters.  If it wasn't for Nellie from Little House of the Prairie, that show would be an absolute snooze fest.  Besides we as human beings are not perfect so why do we expect television characters that has melanin to be perfect?  If you are concerned that "others" will use that as a gauge to judge your character, well they have bigger issues with basing their judgement on TV characters.  But anyways folks are entitled to have an opinion.  Personally never watched the show but at times I feel like I have and honestly I am getting to the point of being sick of the show and never watched an episode.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:09pm

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:09pm
I wish I could thank that post 99 more times Nars.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:10pm
Yes Nars.  The "Love to Hate" them characters are completely necessary.   No story more than one episode would last w/o it.   The oldest story there is.  Like Cain and Abel. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:14pm

Yes Nars.  The "Love to Hate" them characters are completely necessary.   No story more than one episode would last w/o it.   The oldest story there is.  Like Cain and Abel. 

yep. I usually like and root for the bad person more than the goodies in shows.  I don't know what that says about me though. LOL

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:14pm
Olivia Pope is to black women what rick Ross is to young educated men

A conduit to a fantasy place.

She provides momentary escapism

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:15pm
Escapism is the most fascinating subject LOL

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:20pm
I think, well, I'm hoping, that Shonda will explore Olivia's "daddy issues" story line she introduced in the season premiere. Hopefully that'll help further explain her dysfunctional ass relationship with Fitz. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:34pm
Is Olivia's daddy white? Since Olivia/Kerry is bony, yella, and got that good hair.......

*30 page push*

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:37pm
^do you have  a fan club here? Is there a join fee? lol

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:38pm
Gurl! These heauxs can't stand me!

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:39pm

oh! a club of one. I don't mind being the only member. LOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:46pm
I don't watch that coon shyt.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:47pm

Is Olivia's daddy white? Since Olivia/Kerry is bony, yella, and got that good hair.......

*30 page push*

LOL
Nah, her daddy black (both of Kerry's parents are regla black, too).

He's just an overbearing dick, and when the white house was planning to drag her name it was revealed that her mama died of  (what imma call) "mysterious circumstances," she lived primarily in boarding schools since she was 12, and all of her relationships have been with older men in extreme positions of power. Rich people daddy issues.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Nuh uh, I'm here too!! Dont try to eat all the snacks at the club meetings!

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

damn. just when I was feeling special LOL

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:53pm

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I loved Claire Huxatable

I love her and Olivia.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:57pm

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 1:58pm

No ma'am!

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:00pm
I really like this show. I do get irritated by the cheesy 'undying love' animalistic hump sessions in every damn episode tho. Like let yo snatch breathe woman Pinch

Posted By: shantel75
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:07pm

There is one episode on Verizon Fios that covers past seasons leading up to the current. I watched to get caught up because i had never seen the show before.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:17pm

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS 
B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

No ma'am!

Scoot over.  I loves me some Farra.   She just wants us to love all on her some more. She's fronting. 

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:21pm

Scoot over.  I loves me some Farra.   She just wants us to love all on her some more. She's fronting. 

ahh.. I see. So that's just what she tells everyone  'you're the only one, baby.' hmph!

LOL

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Wait a min, did he actually play that role?

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:41pm
f that article.. Tonight my tv will be on ABC watching Scandal..

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 2:41pm
I wonder if people would like it more or less if the Pres. was black.

Print Page | Close Window