Print Page | Close Window

Are white people adopting black kids genuinely?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=365066
Printed Date: Sep 22 2018 at 7:30pm

Topic: Are white people adopting black kids genuinely?
Posted By: GG
Subject: Are white people adopting black kids genuinely?
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 5:25am
I know white people adopt different ethnicities every few years like it's a fad. The sudden focus seems to be on lil black babies. My question is are they adopting them because they believe these kids deserve a fair chance or are they raising a new, tamer, white taught generation of blacks?

Replies:
Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 5:47am
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I know white people adopt different ethnicities every few years like it's a fad. The sudden focus seems to be on lil black babies. My question is are they adopting then because they believe these kids deserve a fair chance or are they raising a new, tamer, white taught generation of blacks?
Lamp

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 6:26am
White people and genuine don't even belong in the same sentence -____-

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 6:38am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I was trying to be unbiased

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

I know white people adopt different ethnicities every few years like it's a fad. The sudden focus seems to be on lil black babies. My question is are they adopting then because they believe these kids deserve a fair chance or are they raising a new, tamer, white taught generation of blacks?
Lamp

It DOES make you wonder. Like the times when Native American children were stolen from their families, or the Australian Aborigine children for the purpose of raising or breeding the "savage" out of them. 

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 9:13am
Why are there so many black children available for adoption (proportionate to the general population of adoptees)?

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Why are there so many black children available for adoption (proportionate to the general population of adoptees)?

white globalization
lack of education
poverty
institutionalized racism

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 9:18am
I have been pondering this same question lately. It's a bittersweet situation.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 9:35am
before it was the chinese girls and now little black children...to me i won't complain...at least they are being given a chance in life to have a family 

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 9:38am
My thinking is that when a black family adopts a black child. that's one fewer white family who gets to adopt a black child.

So my next question is: are the people who complain about white-black adoption actually doing something to alleviate the issue or are they just talking? 

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 9:41am
black people adopt black children, usually family.

and it's an intricate process to adopt. Blacks who don't put their kids up for adoption are alleviating the issue.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:21am
as long as children are not being abused and are raised in a safe, healthy environment, i don't care what color the parents are.

too many black children put up for adoption. i wonder the percentage of black vs. other races who adopt children with the adopters having a similar income/family make-up.

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:39am
there's this black lady at my church,  her and her husband adopted 4 black children and 2 of them are brother and sister and she also adopted another black child from a church member...she has 5 now and it is wonderful to see that...

but again if folks want to adopt a child of any  race is fine with me...these are children who need love just as much as the biological ones..

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:51am

I know white people adopt different ethnicities every few years like it's a fad. The sudden focus seems to be on lil black babies. My question is are they adopting them because they believe these kids deserve a fair chance or are they raising a new, tamer, white taught generation of blacks?

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 10:55am

i think a lot of times yt people have good intentions and probably love their adopted children

but shyt the road to hell is paved with good intentions. you fukked up with white privilege and colorblindness bullshyt trying to teach a black person how to live in america.

i won't say a stable home and family is better than living on the streets bc every family who adopts aint stable

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:01am
Wow this is really interesting. the question just popped into my head this morning. I feel awful that pure black children are "worth less".

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:06am
Seeing those two babies picture in the pic above really softens my heart. I am just happy that any adopted child is given an opportunity to grow up in a safe and happy home. I hope the adoptive parents don't have an ulterior motive. Every kid deserves to grow up in a safe home and given a chance to reach her/his full potential.

Posted By: Xamaycana
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

My thinking is that when a black family adopts a black child. that's one fewer white family who gets to adopt a black child.

So my next question is: are the people who complain about white-black adoption actually doing something to alleviate the issue or are they just talking? 

I wish I could thank you 1000 times!  

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

A screen grab detailing the race-based cost differential for children being placed by various agencies. The original page appeared on the website for an adoption consulting group that links potential parents with adoption agencies. This fee structure has been common for some time throughout the adoption system. The group no longer posts this information to the public and asked to remain anonymous.

Any thoughts on why the price for biracial kids (22k, 30.5k, 25k, 30k) were about as high, if not higher than the cost of white kids?

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:30am
People act like it's mainly Black women that want biracial kids

Yea right. I'm starting to think that Black men want them moreso than Bw and White people clearly value those mixed features

Btw. Biracial doesn't necessarily mean Black/White

Date Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

People act like it's mainly Black women that want biracial kids

Yea right. I'm starting to think that Black men want them moreso than Bw and White people clearly value those mixed features

Btw. Biracial doesn't necessarily mean Black/White

When people place labels like exotic and desirable on beings of biracial nature it builds a type of worth.

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

and it's an intricate process to adopt. Blacks who don't put their kids up for adoption are alleviating the issue.
True. On the flipside, the same people who be getting all moist when a white person adopts our children are the same ones who will criticize the hell out of their own people for adopting their own. I can adopt 4 kids right now and I guarantee you some nosy ass busybody would accuse me of adopting them kids strictly for the money and nothing elseErmm

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 8:57am

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">True.
On the flipside, the same people who be getting all moist when a white
person adopts our children are the same ones who will criticize the hell
out of their own people for adopting their own. I can adopt 4 kids
right now and I guarantee you some nosy ass busybody would accuse me of
adopting them kids strictly for the money and nothing elseErmm

I wish people had less judgment and ulterior motives. If only the concept that every child deserves love and a family was the most important concern.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 8:59am

Wow this is really interesting. the question just popped into my head this morning. I feel awful that pure black children are "worth less".
I'm not surprised.  Look at how the rest of the world views us

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:02am

True. On the flipside, the same people who be getting all moist when a white person adopts our children are the same ones who will criticize the hell out of their own people for adopting their own. I can adopt 4 kids right now and I guarantee you some nosy ass busybody would accuse me of adopting them kids strictly for the money and nothing elseErmm
adoption, you spend money  ....... foster caring, you get money from the state.  Then return them when u dont wanna be bothered.

there's a difference

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

A screen grab detailing the race-based cost differential for children being placed by various agencies. The original page appeared on the website for an adoption consulting group that links potential parents with adoption agencies. This fee structure has been common for some time throughout the adoption system. The group no longer posts this information to the public and asked to remain anonymous.

Any thoughts on why the price for biracial kids (22k, 30.5k, 25k, 30k) were about as high, if not higher than the cost of white kids?

the highest was caucasian hispanic mix, which is basically white by appearance

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

adoption, you spend money  ....... foster caring, you get money from the state.  Then return them when u dont wanna be bothered.

there's a difference

I know that, but unfortunately there's many that don't know the difference. Thus if I was to adopt 4 kids right now, some nicca will be on the sideline thinking that I'm getting money from somewhere. I've watched 2 of my aunts go through the same mess...there was always some critical person on the sidelines talking crapDead

There's this attitude that when WE do something, there is some ulterior motive behind it, but when the other nations (especially the Haoles) do something its always worth praising and not questioning.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:19am
Did anyone post the black people adopting white kids parody pics?

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:25am

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

there's a difference

I know that, but unfortunately there's many that don't know the difference. Thus if I was to adopt 4 kids right now, some nicca will be on the sideline thinking that I'm getting money from somewhere. I've watched 2 of my aunts go through the same mess...there was always some critical person on the sidelines talking crapDead

There's this attitude that when WE do something, there is some ulterior motive behind it, but when the other nations (especially the Haoles) do something its always worth praising and not questioning.

ohhh, yeah.  Miguel is right.  Blks are the most judgementalDead

@afro, its 4 pagesConfused

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:31am

Almost coughed up my coffee.  LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:46am
the only two i see who may have a genuine positive motive is charlize theron and angelina jolie...everyone else can kick rocks.

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

the only two i see who may have a genuine positive motive is charlize theron and angelina jolie...everyone else can kick rocks.

The most major upside is that these kids are being raised in wealth and opportunity

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:03pm

throughkaleidscopeeyes:

Making fun of white celebrities who adopt black babies from Africa as accessories.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Almost coughed up my coffee.  LOLLOLLOLLOL
LOL

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:38pm
I'm for a child having a home rather than sitting in the system for their entire lives.

I can't afford to adopt so I can't criticize the yt people that give black kids a home.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:53pm

I wish people had less judgment and ulterior motives. If only the concept that every child deserves love and a family was the most important concern.

If care for the child was the most important concern, then this wouldn't be a problem because there wouldn't be black babies up for adoption in the first place.

The fact is, the black babies up for adoption shouldn't have been born in the first damn place. But admitting that would require the black community to get really really real about what we need to and should be doing when it comes to family and community.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:56pm
Really really real like what?
What should we be doing?

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

What should we be doing?

Stop using raw sex as a form of medication.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:01pm
having more abortions

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:05pm

No child left behind: Couple adopts four ‘high-risk’ siblings from abusive home.

by http://www.lifesitenews.com/author/robrien/" rel="nofollow - Rebekah O'Brien

Thu Oct 03, 2013 16:14 EST

Ryan and Erica with their four adopted children Eli, Aaliyah, Brya and Samuel

Oct. 2, 2013 ( http://www.lifesitenews.com" rel="nofollow - LifeSiteNews.com ) - The Onufers knew they wanted to adopt. They'd known for a long time. What they didn't expect was to be given four children from a "high-risk" situation...all at once.

After visiting China and seeing children in extreme poverty, Ryan and Erica were both convinced that adoption was part of their calling as a couple. 

"We wanted to adopt before having any biological children, so that our adopted children would feel 'chosen,' not as though they were an afterthought."

As they approached their five-year anniversary, they contacted an adoption agency and began the stressful process of filling out paperwork and allowing the agency to conduct a home study. But after only two months, they felt led in a different direction. They had previously decided on both foreign and domestic adoption, but their hopes to adopt a child from Haiti were soon disappointed when Haiti closed its doors to outside adoptions. Erica then phoned a local foster care/adoption agency and soon after signed up for training classes. 

"We decided on the first night that we wanted a sibling set of two, but that three would be our absolute maximum," she told LifeSiteNews. 

Five months after they began, and before their training was complete, the adoption agency left Erica a voicemail message.

"We know you're not finished your training and aren't to be placed for close to a year, but we feel like these children are a perfect fit for your family. There are four children." 

The message went on to say that the children were ages 1, 2, 3 and 6 and that there were special needs involved. It was an emergency placement. A high-risk case. 

"I immediately felt like I needed to say yes," Erica told us, "but I was worried my husband wouldn't feel the same. We owned a pickup truck and a sports car. We lived in a small house. We had nothing we needed for four young kids. Much less special needs kids." 

Ryan didn't hesitate. "I know these are our kids. I know we need to say yes. God is going to figure out the how!" 

Forty-five minutes later, four children arrived on their doorstep. 

All four were in diapers and pull-ups. Three were unable to talk and one simply refused. The youngest, a boy of 12 months, had a fractured skull and was scarcely able to crawl. He had been found lying at the bottom of the concrete steps of the apartment where his birth mother lived. The two girls, aged two and three, had been found at a grocery store blocks from their home, eating food they had stolen. 

Within the next two hours, the agency completed its evaluation and home study with Erica, while Ryan chased all four children around the house, caring for them until they finally slept, at nearly two o'clock in the morning. 

The next days were spent on several doctor's visits for evaluations, attending to the youngest's head injury, treating malnourishment and a bleeding diaper rash in the youngest girl, trips to the salon to remove bugs, knots and dreadlocks from hair, and buying a van. They also made several trips to purchase new clothing, shoes and bedding, much to the excitement of all four children. 

Erica and Ryan knew that in just three months, the court would decide if the children would be returned to their birth mother. 

"We prayed for her every day, knowing that God would help us to say good-bye. That we would be ok when they left us," Erica said, "all the while, my husband kept saying, 'These are our children. They're not going home. Trust me.'" 

Just two months later Erica received a phone call. It was a county worker she had never spoken to. An unexpected court hearing had taken place and parental rights had been terminated. 

"Just like that. I called my husband and we were speechless, celebrating their new chance at life but also mourning for their birth mother. Praying that God would give her peace." 

"The last three years have been the hardest of our lives,” Erica admits. “Sixteen mental illness diagnoses in four children, three chronic illnesses, therapists, homeschooling, inpatient treatment facilities. Raging. Restraining… 

“And full of more joy than I ever thought possible." 

Their youngest walked into Ryan's arms on night three, spoke at 18 months and was potty trained before age two, and today is happy and healthy. Their youngest daughter called Erica 'Mommy' on day two and within three short weeks was healthy and properly nourished, attaching easily. Their eldest daughter, diagnosed on the Autism spectrum, received an award for being the kindest in her kindergarten class, and finished kindergarten on a near second grade level. 

And their eldest, who had suffered severe abuse, been in four foster homes and passed to seven different families, and was already familiar with weapons and gangs, is "doing his best every day to be a man of God." 

"We will never underestimate the great gifts we have been given. We are so blessed. The spirit of adoption is so beautiful and we feel so grateful to love and care for our 'chosen' children, just as our Father cares for us." 

A common argument in favor of legal abortion goes like this: "So many 'unwanted' children are beaten, abused, or neglected by their parents. Or they end up in foster care where the same or worse happens. Is that what you want? Wouldn't it be better if the child had just never been born?" 

The Onufers stand as a living rebuke to this argument. Not one of us can ever know the life that a child will have, no matter the circumstances into which he or she is born. 

Miracles can, and do happen, every day. No child is "unwanted."

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/i-know-these-are-our-children-couple-finds-joy-in-unexpected-adoption-of-fo/

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:05pm
More safe sex practices is a start.

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:06pm
In a lot of states abortions are on the rise after years of decline.

So yeah we still in the abortion business.

It's tough to find solid stats especially since California does not compile with the CDC in regards to admitting abortion statistics .
(Grain of salt) Blacks are 4.8 times as likely than White women and 2.7 times as likely than Hispanic women to have an abortion.
You can dissect the numbers bc abortion stats are just weird but. I don't think the black community is scared of abortion.
It's certainly being done

AGI does a lot of the abortion stats but they aren't really neutral.
They are connected with Planned Parenthood

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:06pm
The kids are so beautiful, just like their two loving parents behind them.

Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:08pm
That's really sweet. I feel they are genuine and those kids are so beautiful

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:09pm
We need to start policing ourselves and holding ourselves to much higher standards of accountability.

And no I'm not on some eugenics only the talented-tenth should have babies ish...more of a black people should not have babies until they are truly stable. And the only way to become stable is to put off having babies until certain milestones are met (ie you can read, write, and count; you can take care of yourself without anyone else's help; you're not in jail, on probation, or headed there, etc.).

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 3:34pm
Adopting a child isn't a walk in the park either. It is a long process that can take over a year to complete which is why some people go overseas. Do yall remember Ms Jackie from Married to Medicine? She is a breast cancer survivor and the chemotherapy she underwent made her infertile. So when she tried to adopt a child with her husband, they denied her because she had breast cancer in the past. So I wonder what other terms they have for people trying to adopt. And I really don't understand the pricing system. Confused

Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:20pm
WOW it cost a bunch of loot to adopt. hell why not just use a surrogate for the same price.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 4:38am
I'd rather see these beautiful innocent children being adopred by a White family WHERE THEY ARE LOVED and maybe lose a bit iof theIR Black culture ... than to see them in the foster care where they are just warehoused and abused and mostly passed from family to family so by the time  they hit 18 and are on their own .. they are a mess. So they end up in prison etc.

Black people are only 12.6% of the population but over one half of the children up for adoption are Black. The others are other races, sick, mentally ill, physically handicapped are they are too old for anyone to adopt.

But to get a healthy White baby ... takes years and years of waiting. And some States don't even allow White people to adopt Black kids .. so those kids are BOUND to grow up no decent start in life.

That's WHY surrogancy became popular to begin with .. well, this and other reasons. But mainly people can't get what they want from the pool of children available for adoption.

I think if you want to be a mother ... it does not matter what the skin color is. Geesh .. bring em home with you. Better than 'the system'. :(

Date Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 4:47am
@PRINTERINK:

now watch some folks will respond to you either in a negative or positve way and you won'[t be heard from again... this always happens with you in these "color " threads...

*waiting*

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 4:50am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

What should we be doing?

Like NOT getting knocked up to begin with! DUH!

That's how these poor children end up in The System.

Some girls does not have the sense (bad parenting) to NOT have sex at all untl they are mature enough to stay on the pill, the IUD, etc pr even take the Morning After pill. So they get knocked up and after a time for whatever reason that child get's put into Foster care or the adoption system.

Yes adoption costs a fortune. So people who adopt really want kids for the right reasons. I am not talking about ceibs .. I mean regular people.

Now the Foster care system is where they pay to take kids and THOSE KIDS are often very abused!

So yes, it's lies with the Black community to teach their kids some responsibilty about sex. Either don't have it period until you are much older, or stay on birth control or have an abortion.

But quit bringing children into the world when you don't have a way to provide for them so they end up in The System .. when goodness knows what becomes of them.

Date Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 5:14am
wow u came back...

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 5:17am
Those haircuts.

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 7:34am
It's a business. Supply and demand.

The supply of black children to adopt is high and the demand is low. This fact definitely points to all kinds of social issues but out of all the parties responsible for creating this issue surrounding "supply and demand", adoption agencies are a ways down the list.

Print Page | Close Window