Print Page | Close Window

Forbes life for Africa cover - Alek Wek

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364923
Printed Date: Jun 19 2018 at 1:19pm

Topic: Forbes life for Africa cover - Alek Wek
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: Forbes life for Africa cover - Alek Wek
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:53pm
She looks nice here
If someone can download the video, it would be much appreciated! It's on you Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDnlEhCiJI" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDnlEhCiJI

http://www.fashionjunkii.com/Alek-Wek-Forbes-Africa-Forbes-Life-Africa-Forbes-Women-DrPrecious-Motsepe-South-Sudan-Africa-SuperModels-32036759" rel="nofollow - Styled by Rosemary Kokuhilwa: Alek Wek for Forbes Life Africa Inaugural Issue

I am sure by now some of you might have seen the inaugural issue of Forbes Life Africa cover with Supermodel Alek Wek as the cover girl. I had such an amazing time working with such great talents to bring this cover to life. Thanks to designers David Tlale, Mimi Plange, Prajje 1983, Mataano and Mikuti for allowing me the opportunity to pull from their collections. I will be posting the editorial here soon ... so please stay tuned.  To Farai , Albert, Vjolla,  Kristian and Alek, thank you for make this experience memorable.  Please see the behind the scenes video below  and hear me sound FRENCH!!!  Enjoy!!!!

< height=480 ="http://www.youtube.com//txDnlEhCiJI" Border=0 width=640 allowfullscreen="">

Issue Description:
In the first ever edition of Forbes Life Africa we feature Alek Wek, the South Sudanese beauty who fled war to the richest runways of the fashion world. The magazine looks into the nightlife of West and East Africa – we have polo, fashion pop, models yachts and wealth. We have human interest too. The Zimbabwean who is trying to make it in Hollywood. The African animators setting the world; gold flowers and fun.

Magazine Description:
Forbes Life Africa is an addition to the Forbes Africa stable that will help deepen and widen the coverage of African business and culture. It will open up a new platform for debate and expression on the rich stories of everything, from lifestyle and sports, to the arts.

Replies:
Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:57pm
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:00pm
Never been a fan of Alek, but she looks great here.

...and lighterStern Smile

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:02pm
I don't understand did she do something to her face. She looked more unique than the pic above. Her cheeks were more plump.......Shes done work!!!!

Posted By: sugabanana
Still beautiful though.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Thats her winter color........Stern Smile

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:03pm
*paging midwest*

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:03pm
thats the best i ever seen her look.  what happened?

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:04pm
Stunning pictures

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:05pm

Why she gotta be lighter, though??? It's just the lighting. She looks the same in the video.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

if you check out the video its just lighting.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:06pm

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:07pm

Cry

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:07pm
africans better be careful with that africa on the rise talkLOL folks about to get got...again...and again....LOL on repeatStern Smile

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:08pm
You know what would have been even more historical? Had they used an African photographer Stern Smile

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:09pm
i find her just so gorgeous. that cover is lovely!! 

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:10pm
Everybody looks lighter when they are surrounded by white and/or extremely bright lights. Word to Destiny Godley, Lisa Eldridge and allll the Asian chicks on youtube. 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:10pm
Is Rosemary bleaching?
That stylist in the video @ 58 seconds?

I normally don't holler Clorox in anyone's direction but her coloring just looks dead

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:12pm
For some reason, I feel like only Africans can be regal

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:15pm
I think the lashes is what's making her look different.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Is Rosemary bleaching?
That stylist in the video @ 58 seconds?

I normally don't holler Clorox in anyone's direction but her coloring just looks dead
LOL, y'all got the darkest supermodel in the industry and yet y'all want to steer the conversation towards bleaching...  That said, you are right about Rosemary

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:17pm
I dont think she looks lighter at all but they did contour her nose and thats make a big diff

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

For some reason, I feel like only Africans can be regal

ive seen some old black women that i thought that about but it was always because i thought they came into their true selves.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:25pm
i like her better in motion, like in film, than i like her photos.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

i like her better in motion, like in film, than i like her photos.

i thought the same thing while i was watching the video.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:28pm
I think it's kinda sad that white folks can see some type of beauty in her but black folks can't, tbh. And I'm hardly a die hard fan of hers but she looks really nice in that shoot and on that cover.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:31pm
Her cheekbones are much more noticeably defined and less obviously Dinka than they used to be. Either she's lost weight, had some work done, and/or they PS'd that pic.

She looks good though, so whatever was done, and whoever did it, I ain't mad at em.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:33pm
Are you sad that Black people don't like dark skin and wide noses or are you sad that Black people don't find Alek specifically attractive?

I think it's kinda sad that white folks can see some type of beauty in her but black folks can't, tbh. And I'm hardly a die hard fan of hers but she looks really nice in that shoot and on that cover.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:33pm
That is highlighting.  They photo-chopped the heck out of her body in the red dress.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:37pm

Are you sad that Black people don't like dark skin and wide noses or are you sad that Black people don't find Alek specifically attractive?

I guess both because they kind of go together. People don't find Alek attractive BECAUSE she's dark and has a wide nose and short cropped hair. From the get, people assume that she looks good here because she had some type of work to make herself a little more aesthetically pleasing, Eurocentric wise.   I don't always find her attractive myself but the reasoning is a bit disturbing. I guess she might as well go with white men cause I don't think black men would give her a second look.

She didn't have a thing done. It's makeup and lighting, like in all photo shoots. why is it so hard to believe that it's her?

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:38pm

I guess both because they kind of go together. People don't find Alek attractive BECAUSE she's dark and has a wide nose and short cropped hair. From the get, people assume that she looks good here because she had some type of work to make herself a little more aesthetically pleasing, Eurocentric wise.   I don't always find her attractive myself but the reasoning is a bit disturbing. I guess she might as well go with white men cause I don't think black men would give her a second look.

She didn't have a thing done. It's makeup and lighting, like in all photo shoots. why is it so hard to believe that it's her?

man youre reaching.  eveybody cant hot.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:41pm
I don't think white people nec. find her attractive though.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

man youre reaching.  eveybody cant hot.
No I'm not. But you're free to dismiss my commentary if you wish. No point in criticizing the Rosemarys of the world if one thinks that dark and African looking is intrinsically wrong. She might as well go on and bleach, then?

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:42pm
Lord.
I think Alek is so beautiful .
But I know other people who find other dark skinned women attractive but not Alek Wek attractive.

I don't think she is unanimously beautiful .

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't think white people nec. find her attractive though.
Probably not most but they did make her a supermodel, something that AAs would have NEVER done with someone like her. Don't mean to be blunt but it is what it is.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:44pm
Yea, that's a bit of a reach JP

I might be inclined to agree with you if most Blacks found the Sudanese look highly unattractive across the board but I don't think most do

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:45pm
I sure as hell wouldn't.
I don't like her body nor do I like her face.
But I especially don't like her body.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:46pm
Ain't noboy in here said she looks better because she looks like she had work done. Well, maybe somebody did, but I did not. I said she looks good. I say that about most of her pictures because o I rather like the way she photographs, moon face and all.

Whether or not you want to accept that her face is slimmer (and not at all Eurocentric looking Ermm) and that her cheeks are much more defined, is not going to change the fact that regardless how it happened, in that picture, her face is slimmer and her cheeks are much more defined:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=bWG&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&q=alek%20wek%20face&revid=792135128&ei=4VFPUoXNAoaSyAHjgIFI&ved=0CAwQsiU&biw=-1&bih=-1" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=bWG&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&q=alek%20wek%20face&revid=792135128&ei=4VFPUoXNAoaSyAHjgIFI&ved=0CAwQsiU&biw=-1&bih=-1

eta

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:47pm

Lord.
I think Alek is so beautiful .
But I know other people who find other dark skinned women attractive but not Alek Wek attractive.

I don't think she is unanimously beautiful .

I never said that in the first place. What I noticed is that the first thing that came out of this thread is she's either bleaching or she cut her nose and I think that's interesting. I never thought she was this great beauty to start with but the reactions to her looking nice on THIS cover are interesting...
We still have a lot of internalized stuff we still don't realize we have.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:48pm
But when you say people don't find Alek attractive bc she is dark with a wide nose .I think that's a big reach.

Like really huge.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:50pm

I might be inclined to agree with you if most Blacks found the Sudanese look highly unattractive across the board but I don't think most do

You see, I disagree with you there. I think a lot of blacks precisely DON'T find this look attractive for reasons that we all know. And I see this on Bhm all the time, even with all the "evolved sisters" on here. Ain't no way that her or someone like her would have spontaneously made the cover of Ebony or Essence if the white establishment hadn't taken her in first. Y'all gonna say I'm reaching to the high heavens or the pits of hell but y'all know deep down it's the truth.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:50pm
Nope .
But you're gonna make wild assertions and believe you see the light others don't see anyway .

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:52pm

Nope .
But you're gonna make wild assertions and believe you see the light others don't see anyway .
And you're going to feign ignorance because it doesn't look good on paper. I guess that's your prerogative too.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:53pm
I'm not feigning anything.

But you already have this narrative going so imma gon head and let you imagine you know what you're talking about

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Ain't noboy in here said she looks better because she looks like she had work done. Well, maybe somebody did, but I did not. I said she looks good. I say that about most of her pictures because o I rather like the way she photographs, moon face and all.

Whether or not you want to accept that her face is slimmer (and not all Eurocentric looking Ermm) and that her cheeks are much more defined, is not going to change the fact that regardless how it happened, in that picture, her face is slimmer and her cheeks are much more defined:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=bWG&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&q=alek%20wek%20face&revid=792135128&ei=4VFPUoXNAoaSyAHjgIFI&ved=0CAwQsiU&biw=-1&bih=-1" rel="nofollow - https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=bWG&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&q=alek%20wek%20face&revid=792135128&ei=4VFPUoXNAoaSyAHjgIFI&ved=0CAwQsiU&biw=-1&bih=-1
And she always had cheekbones. Case in point.
Chances are she just lost weight. She is a model, after all and I've seen her weight fluctuate throughout the years. Ain't nobody said nothing expressly but it's between the lines

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:55pm

I'm not feigning anything.

But you already have this narrative going so imma gon head and let you imagine you know what you're talking about
Ok then. You do that. Imagination is a good thing.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:00pm
Hmm. You're probably right

But my point is that I don't think most Black people find all Sudanese women as unattractive as some find Alek Wek

I think the shape of her face and nostrils might instantly turn people off

Aren't these girl's features as African as her's...?

You see, I disagree with you there. I think a lot of blacks precisely DON'T find this look attractive for reasons that we all know. And I see this on Bhm all the time, even with all the "evolved sisters" on here. Ain't no way that her or someone like her would have spontaneously made the cover of Ebony or Essence if the white establishment hadn't taken her in first. Y'all gonna say I'm reaching to the high heavens or the pits of hell but y'all know deep down it's the truth.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=xwzBuOW9rvpM8M&tbnid=YGPPhkrJ9ywTAM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Famarieadhis.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F01%2F31%2Ftop-6-african-models-of-2010%2F&ei=gFVPUoGMJaemygGGn4DQAw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGmVAW8hpwfisEXGKP1XiYJOuStXg&ust=1381017078993419" rel="nofollow">
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=28EFSRs8rStpnM&tbnid=7br5bgSnja2c3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ciaafrique.com%2F2011%2F04%2Fobsession-du-jour_25.html&ei=O1ZPUv7oLMThyQGih4DQBw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGggSX2cBhCZDTQDHAlkv2isDgtjA&ust=1381017507415926" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=wAUP93afhPw8kM&tbnid=-q5_EbaHsGOCWM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lipstickalley.com%2Ff374%2Fsudanese-people-364847%2Findex2.html&ei=0VVPUrm3EOyuyAHc14Eo&psig=AFQjCNHASdpBAlQemAIbIndcOW198pD58Q&ust=1381017425319283" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:04pm

Hmm. You're probably right

But my point is that I don't think most Black people find all Sudanese women as unattractive as some find Alek Wek

I think the shape of her face and nostrils might instantly turn people off

Aren't these girl's features as African as her's...?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=xwzBuOW9rvpM8M&tbnid=YGPPhkrJ9ywTAM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Famarieadhis.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F01%2F31%2Ftop-6-african-models-of-2010%2F&ei=gFVPUoGMJaemygGGn4DQAw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGmVAW8hpwfisEXGKP1XiYJOuStXg&ust=1381017078993419" rel="nofollow">
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=28EFSRs8rStpnM&tbnid=7br5bgSnja2c3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ciaafrique.com%2F2011%2F04%2Fobsession-du-jour_25.html&ei=O1ZPUv7oLMThyQGih4DQBw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGggSX2cBhCZDTQDHAlkv2isDgtjA&ust=1381017507415926" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=wAUP93afhPw8kM&tbnid=-q5_EbaHsGOCWM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lipstickalley.com%2Ff374%2Fsudanese-people-364847%2Findex2.html&ei=0VVPUrm3EOyuyAHc14Eo&psig=AFQjCNHASdpBAlQemAIbIndcOW198pD58Q&ust=1381017425319283" rel="nofollow">

They are, Alias. But they are more acceptable to some for a very obvious reason, which you kind of alluded to already. And that goes to the core of what I'm saying.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:06pm
OT

This guy is stunning btw

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_keGrtX2pfZA/TGWd1aUiosI/AAAAAAAAB4Y/HqDtPPQyKMI/s1600/gare-DSCF6880-blog.jpg" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:09pm
The eyes make it a little weird for me.

Gaye McDonald is gorg to me.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:11pm

OT

This guy is stunning btw

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_keGrtX2pfZA/TGWd1aUiosI/AAAAAAAAB4Y/HqDtPPQyKMI/s1600/gare-DSCF6880-blog.jpg" rel="nofollow">

He has striking features. But we both know the standard is not the same for black males anyway. At least, not in the black community. AND he has features that the Eurocentric world could somewhat accept. I don't want to get away from the topic and all but the examples you show me versus Alek make me thing  of what happened in Rwanda. It's that Hutu and Tutsi dynamic.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:11pm
OT means "off topic" JP

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:12pm
Gaye McDonald

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:14pm
Do you think that Africans in nomadic tribes are still going to be white-washed?

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:14pm

OT means "off topic" JP
LOL. Ok. Didn't know. For some reason, I saw OP

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:16pm
It's hard for me to believe that people think she isn't attractive

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:16pm
JP, sounds like you're mad/sad that Black people find chiseled features more appealing than round features... am I correct?

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:17pm

Do you think that Africans in nomadic tribes are still going to be white-washed?

I don't understand the question, so I can't give any type of thoughtful answer.
But lots of modern Africans are white-washed themselves nowadays

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:19pm

JP, sounds like you're mad/sad that Black people find chiseled features more appealing than round features... am I correct?
I'm sad that black people find obviously NEGROID features inherently ugly. The taste for chiseled features is not something that comes from black people in the first place. It comes from whites who imported their standard all over the world. Chances are your ancestors just a few generations (and still plenty now) ago looked more like Alek than Beyoncé.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:23pm
Why don't you find her beautiful all the time?
Where is that coming from?

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

It isn't for me. My mother thinks she's the ugliest thing she's ever seen and it bothers me. But that comes from somewhere and we all know from where. I don,t find her beautiful all the time but I think she looks great on that cover and I couldn't help but notice the side comments

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:26pm
did she always have cheeks like that?

anyways i like her i like the pic

It,s coming from the fact that some shots of hers are better than others. It sure as hell ain't about her nose or her colouring. She looks radiant here.

Posted By: Naturalchick30

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Never been a fan of Alek, but she looks great here.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:27pm

It,s coming from the fact that some shots of hers are better than others. It sure as hell ain't about her nose or her colouring. She looks radiant here.

so on those occasions were you dont find her attractive it must be because of her negroid features, dark skin and short hair.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

so on those occasions were you dont find her attractive it must be because of her negroid features, dark skin and short hair.
I knew from the jump that that is where this was going, only I'm not the one making comments like "Is she bleaching or did she have her nose done " because she happens to look nice here and all that. At this point, it's just playing dumb.

LadyIce noooooooooooooooooo

Posted By: Lady ICE
Cry what did i do???

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:33pm
Nice cover . I never found Grace Jones attractive yet many people do . Grace use to scare the heck out of me as a young teen with her laugh and last movie roles   . I think the picture was photoshop for white folks .

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:33pm

It isn't for me. My mother thinks she's the ugliest thing she's ever seen and it bothers me. But that comes from somewhere and we all know from where. I don,t find her beautiful all the time but I think she looks great on that cover and I couldn't help but notice the side comments

uhh. my mom used to aswell, until i showed her some pics of her upclose

she changed her mind. but she said she don't like how the designers be dressing her/makeup..
I find her to be very attractive

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:34pm
I like that pic of her in white especially

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:34pm
You noticed the obvious change in Alek's cheekal area. Disapprove

Yes, cheekal.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Nice cover . I never found Grace Jones attractive yet many people do . Grace use to scare the heck out of me as a young teen with her laugh and last movie roles   . I think the picture was photoshop for white folks .
I doubt that. It's the launch of Forbes Africa. If anything, if they photoshopped (which I truly don't believe they did), they would have done so for Africans.
Now someone mentioned the stylist bleaching and that's another story. She looks bleached.

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

You noticed the obvious change in Alek's cheekal area. Disapprove

Yes, cheekal.
I've seen her look like that before. There was a time that she had become so skeletal she looked like she was anorexic and her cheeks were more prominent. I'm sure it's just a weight thing. I gain weight in the face as well, so I know.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:42pm

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I doubt that. It's the launch of Forbes Africa. If anything, if they photoshopped (which I truly don't believe they did), they would have done so for Africans.
Now someone mentioned the stylist bleaching and that's another story. She looks bleached.
You may be right JP . I only found out about the millions made in Africa on bleaching creams a few years ago .

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:45pm
I'm not seeing what was done with her cheeks. What are yall referring to?

Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:46pm
I read too fast and thought the title said Forbes Life Over Africa-Alek Wek... she's pretty

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:49pm

I'm not seeing what was done with her cheeks. What are yall referring to?
her cheeks are rounder when she's fatter and more chiseled when she's thinner. It's not uncommon at all. She just gains and loses weight on her face.

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:16pm
Gorgeous.  She looks so young

Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

uhh. my mom used to aswell, until i showed her some pics of her upclose

she changed her mind. but she said she don't like how the designers be dressing her/makeup..
I find her to be very attractive

Same.
IDK how anyone can say she is UGLY.  WTF?  You have eyes but you do not see!
I think she is stunning.  I mean she doesn't have to be your "type" but ugly, she is not.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 9:33pm
I don't think she's ugly...like hideous but I don't find her attractive. She has nice lips and eyes tho.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 10:42pm
I wonder what she has against hair?

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I don't understand did she do something to her face. She looked more unique than the pic above. Her cheeks were more plump.......Shes done work!!!!

well gurl you know they did the BEN NYE'S BANANA HIGHLIGHTER (DESTINYGODLEY THANG)
MAJOR CONTOURING ALONG SIDE OF THE NOSE,...HHMM LET'S SEE WHAT ELSE..MADE HER EYES STAND OUT MORE WITH FALSE LASHES AND INNER CORNER OF EYES SOME METALLIC E/S..

that's all for nowl...so sorry for my caps..LOLLOLLOL

but she does look MMAAAHHHVVELOUS

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 3:01am
alek is one of the prettiest women ive ever seen in person!!

Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

alek is one of the prettiest women ive ever seen in person!!

you met her????

Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 4:12am
yeah back in 05/06

i have my ex to thank for that

Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 4:17am
[QUOTE=afrokock]yeah back in 05/06

i have my ex to thank for that [/QUOTE]

Shocked  oh!!!! um, err, uh________????  my eyes are ready to read...LOL

Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 5:44am
^ yeah she's really sweet
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

yeah back in 05/06

lol

nothing to read really

Posted By: briany
Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 7:11am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

She has gotten older and leaner in the face.

The lighting is also more bright that most pictures that I have seen of her.

But she does look great,

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 7:35am
I think she had some work done on her eyes to make them more OPEN.
Her color? Lighting, photoshopping whatever. She is jjust a model afterall so the photographers will 'light' her and make her look .. anyway they'd like her to look.

She does not have final say so on the pics they publish.

Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 10:32am

yeah back in 05/06

lol

nothing to read really
Was your ex a model?  How was she(Alek) in person?  Is your ex related to Alek?

Posted By: Queenbeeach
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:09am
She hasnt looked the same since she was pregnant.
Her relationship situation is like the forte nox. At least, oluchi revealed the child and baby dady eventually. Hers seem tobe under lock and key.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:10am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

The same thing you have against baldness.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Queenbeeach Queenbeeach wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

The same thing you have against baldness.

I thought the same thing when I read that lol.

Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:56am

She hasnt looked the same since she was pregnant.
Her relationship situation is like the forte nox. At least, oluchi revealed the child and baby dady eventually. Hers seem tobe under lock and key.

whoaaa that was a best kept secret ( at least to me) ...boy/  girl how old is the child?

I miss Oluchi in  the victoria secret catalogs

Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 5:14am

She hasn't looked the same since she was pregnant.
Her relationship situation is like the forte nox. At least, oluchi revealed the child and baby daddy eventually. Hers seem to be under lock and key.

whoaaa that was a best kept secret ( at least to me) ...boy/  girl how old is the child?

I miss Oluchi in  the victoria secret catalogs

No info on the baby. I think her husband/boyfriend is - Riccardo Sala. They were dating at the time she was spotted with the baby bump in 07/08. No word on if they got married. But, they had/have been together since 2003. There was talk of it on fashion forums, I saw a few pictures of her pregnant at the time, but I can only find this one now.

http://imgur.com/ftEdOJm" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com

and this is her with the guy.

http://imgur.com/hfwSFLw" rel="nofollow">Hosted by imgur.com

Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

yeah back in 05/06

lol

nothing to read really
Was your ex a model?  How was she(Alek) in person?  Is your ex related to Alek?
my ex used to do print stuff back in teh day for pride and the other black mag out here

it was at one of the fashion shows i was invited to, i went to a few back in the day

she was really sweet, quite charming and very disarming to be honest.

it wasnt no long ting it was brief, maybe 5-10 minutes or so..

i swear ive said this story before lol

i cant say the same for oluchi though

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 8:58pm
She looks great.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:36pm
ok

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:24pm
Dayuuuummm! That shot is everything!... I have always found her to be so striking. People either tend to love her look or find her unattractive. I only see beauty but it's all a matter of perception at the end of the day. Great cover though!

Print Page | Close Window