Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364918
Printed Date: Oct 18 2017 at 4:16pm

Topic: Yummy Hair Deep Curly
Posted By: MsBella
Subject: Yummy Hair Deep Curly
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 3:46pm
So I ordered some Yummy Deep Curly last friday, it was supposed to arrive on the 3rd (Thursday) but I wasnt home. Had to pick it up today. I must say this hair is amazing. This is the first time I've never experienced any shedding...like none whatsoever! The hair didnt tangle at all either. The wefts are strong and neat. Im really impressed Clap I guess you really do get what you pay for but anyways I ordered 2 bundles of 20-22". It came out to 400 but they allow student discounts which dropped my total to $370. The bundles were definitely overweight but not by much. The wefts are both about 7.5 feet long. 

The hair is comparable to Sassy Mitchell's Tight Curl. Same Price, same curl, but I like that Yummy Hair gives you overweight bundles and free hair clips if you wanna make them.

I washed the hair with Abba Moisture Shampoo and conditioned with dove conditioner. After that I lightly applied some Kinky Curly Curling Custard and put the hair outside in the sun

Hair right out of the pouches

Hair Wet

Hair Dry

Replies:
Posted By: choc_lover
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 3:57pm
Nice curls! waiting for install pics!

Posted By: hot_N_Spicy73
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:10pm
looks good

Posted By: SunshineSmiles
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:14pm
Very pretty!Thumbs Up

Posted By: miss america
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:41pm
@msbella GIRL those curls are freaking gorgeous!!! You got me thinking now! Thanks for showing. Waiting on install pics:)

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:45pm
Nice!!!

Posted By: lovelyladyD09
Date Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 8:08pm
Im def buying that deep curly for next summer..its gorgeous!!

Posted By: *SUCCMIDRY*
Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 10:03am
Pretty 

looks just like a dupe for my hair i got of Ali

Posted By: crownofglory911
Date Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 11:52pm
They have really good quality hair but its $$$$$$

Posted By: NeedTresses
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 12:05am
gorgeous curls

Posted By: Pullmyhair101
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 1:03am
Damn...thts beautiful

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 2:06am
Nice hair

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 6:56am
Originally posted by *SUCCMIDRY* *SUCCMIDRY* wrote:

Pretty 

Sure does. 

Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by *SUCCMIDRY* *SUCCMIDRY* wrote:

Pretty 

Same! It looks like the Curly hair I bought from Bosin but the quality is 10x better

Posted By: brittsemone
Date Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 7:58pm
beautiful curl pattern ... prettier after the wash!

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 8:57am
I love the curl pattern..this will be my next purchase...for sure..please post install pics...thanks for sharing..I stalk their instagram... 

Posted By: mvanburen19
Date Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:34am
I definitely need to save my coins for this hair!

Posted By: pebbles251
Date Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 1:05pm
agree with the no shedding. I have he Caribbean wave. will review soon...

Posted By: trendsetta25
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 3:49pm
so pretty!!!! I loved my Yummy Hair Loose Curly...lets us know how the deep curl is Smile

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 9:04pm
looks beautiful!

Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 6:47am
This will be my summer install for sure...

Posted By: laredbaby
Date Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:33am
looks really pretty! Deff will be installing this for my spring break trip..

Posted By: Brown Sugah
Date Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 9:58pm
Bump

Posted By: veedubbz
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 6:48pm
Install pic pls. lol

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Dec 26 2013 at 11:21pm
They are top in the game right now, I have loose curly. Only problem 1 of my three bundles has a tighter curl, but the contrast makes it more realistic 

Date Posted: Dec 27 2013 at 2:27pm
well I was happy with them until my most recent purchase. the hair is matting like I have never seen before in all my life of wearing weaves.

I am on vacation in the Caribbean and emailed them. They were nice and asked me to send the hair back by Jan 3rd..but I cannot because I am on holiday and who gonna take out their weave on holiday and mail it back from a foreign country? OMG I am freaking out right now. I am usually patient and nice and try to work with certain situations but everyday it gets worse. I took lots of pics of the rats nest last night. Hopefully they send me new bundles if not my patience and niceness will run out and pictures will be posted all over the internet.

Also I do not self install so now I have to pay another $200 to re-install. I am so not happy right now. I just want to cry

Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 7:03am
Originally posted by pebbles251 pebbles251 wrote:

well I was happy with them until my most recent purchase. the hair is matting like I have never seen before in all my life of wearing weaves.

I am on vacation in the Caribbean and emailed them. They were nice and asked me to send the hair back by Jan 3rd..but I cannot because I am on holiday and who gonna take out their weave on holiday and mail it back from a foreign country? OMG I am freaking out right now. I am usually patient and nice and try to work with certain situations but everyday it gets worse. I took lots of pics of the rats nest last night. Hopefully they send me new bundles if not my patience and niceness will run out and pictures will be posted all over the internet.

Also I do not self install so now I have to pay another $200 to re-install. I am so not happy right now. I just want to cry

Pebbles I"m sorry..dang....what did you order...I hope they can rectify this issue.

Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:23am
I ordered the Caribbean Wave. Its my second order. My first was perfect. my most recent order is the mess.
Girl I took lots of Pictures of the tangle and shedding etc....If they do not rectify the problem you better believe pictures will be all over the internet...and those pics are not a good look. I take pic every day of the matting.
And they were nice and quick with their response...so I think they will send me a new batch.

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:11pm
Lawd, I won't lie, I'm eyeing this hair....Pinch

Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:45pm
LOL good luck. I will let you know the outcome.

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 3:55pm
They are really good with rectifying issues so I believe they will come through pebbles251.

Posted By: debg
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 4:56pm
did your yummy hair have any stank to it at all ???

i got a coupla bundles from aliex vendor way early this yr that looks EXACTLY like this pattern........ its identical ......... got that smell goin on tho

i havent installed it but i swear it is this same hair

Posted By: ILOVEBEYONCE
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by debg debg wrote:

i got a coupla bundles from aliex vendor way early this yr that looks EXACTLY like this pattern........ its identical ......... got that smell goin on tho

Geek Say what now ? LOL

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 12:19pm
No stank at all. I am big on scent lol. IT SMELLED GOOD. I cannot do the corn chip hair....

Date Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 5:20pm
PIC REMOVED

Date Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:56am
someone here sent yummy my post that I am not satisfied. They emailed me.They have always been prompt in responding to my emails as I mentioned before and said they will take care of the issue.

I do not doubt for one minute that they will not rectify the issue. But it doesn't mean I will not be frustrated and vent.
They have good customer service and I have had very good batch before that I raved about on here. Not all their hair will be bad and I doubt they have any way of knowing which batch is bad vs good. All the hair looks and feels good when I received it. Its only after installation and wearing it for a few days I began experiencing issues.

I am in no way bashing the company. I share the good review with you guys and I will share the bad as well. ONLY 1 BUNDLE I AM GETTING THE MATTING FROM.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 2:58am
Yikes @pebbles! Hopefully they send you some new hair. Their customer service is really good.

I also hope they havent changed vendors. I straightened this hair about 5/6 times and the curl pattern returned. Still doesnt tangle or shed. I wanted to order another bundle to make it extra full but not if the quality has gone down.

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 9:25pm
I just received two bundles of 18/20 deep curly and ordered another bundle on today to make sure its not too thin.

I'm getting my install this wknd so I'll come back and post pics Saturday.

So far, hair is gorgeous & really soft and I did a half assed cowash and no shedding.

I'm going to seal this wk just to be safe.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by MsBella MsBella wrote:

Yikes @pebbles! Hopefully they send you some new hair. Their customer service is really good.

I also hope they havent changed vendors. I straightened this hair about 5/6 times and the curl pattern returned. Still doesnt tangle or shed. I wanted to order another bundle to make it extra full but not if the quality has gone down.

[
yes I recieved the new hair. It doesnt tangle as badly as the batch they replace...If I wear it in its natural state it doesnt tangle at all but if i wash and roller set it tangles in the back a bit.
Also the hair shed a lot. I dont know why but i have hair all over my bathroom floor when i brush it. I did not cut my wefts and hair i purchased last yr from them didnt shed at all. Their wefter must be messing up on them.

Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:37am
hmm sorry to hear that...I know that must suck Ms. Pebbles...I absolutely despise shedding hair..did you seal your wefts?

I have the loose curly installed now...I bleached it and cut the wefts and I'm not getting any shedding and I didn't even seal it. I am getting some slight tangles though...nothing major just a bit annoying. I have been trying every single product I can find on this hair to see what it does and doesn't like though so that could be the problemEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:31pm
yea i hate shedding hair AND for that price i shouldnt have to be doing all that sealing stuff to get the hair to not shed.
Their customer service was great though.

Posted By: trendsetta25
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:20pm

I reviewed their loose curl. No smell and the hair was so soft! I love this hair till today

HTH

Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 1:47pm
My bundles are still going strong. 
I wish I didn't flat iron it bc the curl pattern has loosened. 
It still looks curly though. Im taking the hair out in a few days for reinstallation. 
I ordered another bundle of 12-14 to put on the top to make the style fuller and to get my super curly look back! Will post pics

Posted By: iamBaddieMichelle
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:21pm
I can't wait to see the pics! Unfortunately I have been seeing more and more negative reviews about Yummy hair ( I wanted to get it for my graduation this year) so I have been looking out for other company's that sell good quality curly hair

Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:27pm
^^ Really? Where have you been seeing these reviews? I've seen almost nothing but good about Yummy's hair. The only time I've seen something bad is when the customer does something crazy, messes the hair up, and tries to say it was the quality of Yummy extensions, completely taking blame off of what they did. 

Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 6:05pm
I just got some yummy carribbean wave in like 2 wks ago. The hair is extremely soft, and not much initial shedding. When I washed the two bundles I ordered I only got 4 stands totals. Before I washed it I ran my fingers thru it n only got like 3 strands. I plan to order another bundle bc two doesn't seem full enough. I also plan to seal the wefts just for extra protection. The weft construction is on point though, way better than my qhp, (a mess I look like they ripped my bundles apart, they were just jacked out the box)

Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by MsBella MsBella wrote:

^^ Really? Where have you been seeing these reviews? I've seen almost nothing but good about Yummy's hair. The only time I've seen something bad is when the customer does something crazy, messes the hair up, and tries to say it was the quality of Yummy extensions, completely taking blame off of what they did. 

Really??? customer messes up the hair?? Just because you had a good experience doesnt mean everyone did. I did not mess up my hair. My first purchase last yr was great. My second purchase this yr was a very bad...they replaced the hair but it sheds a lot but doesnt tangle. I have had it in for 2 months now but because of shedding its thinning out fast. FYI not every bundle will be good.
I will buy from them again base on customer service. Its a gamble anywhere i spend my money..may as well spend it were service is good.
I will give them A plus for customer service.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 1:04pm
Pebbles, I'm not saying you ruined your hair. I'm saying the only times I've seen someone say the quality is bad, is when they dye it/bleach it or do something to it and it ends up a frizzy mess. I havent really seen a customer review flat out state that they received a bad batch. But I agree, their customer service is A+

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 1:17pm
I ordered 12-14" Deep Curly. The weft was 124 inches long, so a little over 10 feet.

The hair was very soft as usual. This is what it looked like after a wash & condition. The ends are a bit frizzy due to me finger combing it too much. I put it outside on my deck so the sun would dry it.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 1:26pm
Omg that's some beautiful hair. You got me regretting my carribbean wave purchase from them. I should've ordered the deep curly

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:10am
I purchased five bundles of yummy deep curly very pretty coils..I will seal the wefts for extra protection. 

Posted By: glammedup
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:20am
OMG I love the curl pattern. It is fye

Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:27am
I'm currently wearing their deep curly and I must say...I'm luvin' it!
I sent them a review for their IG page and started my review off by saying "I've only been wearing this hair for a week". They chose to leave that part out when they posted my review and picture on IG. So I felt the need to comment on the picture letting everyone know that I've only had the hair in for a week and that I couldn't really give an in-depth review on the longevity of it and that I would come back in a few weeks with another review. Sho' nuff they took my picture RIGHT down LOL. It's not even that deep though...however, it did turn me off that they would do that just because I felt the need to give full disclosure. It makes me question their ethics as well as the ability for this hair to stand the length of time. I had planned on purchasing more of this hair in longer lengths...but now I'm gonna think twice about that. We'll see! Anyways...here's a quick snapshot!

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 8:59am
lol kera that is something to think about before ordering

you look nice tho

Posted By: realvirginhair
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:52am
Thanks for the pic. Lovely curls.

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

lol kera that is something to think about before ordering

you look nice tho

I def will! Thanks! Wink

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 10:32am
That warrants a hefty side eye! I can't wait to hear how it hold up, I actually hope it does because at this point they are my only option.

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:24pm
I've been in youtube where there were reviews from customers that received bad hair, also I followed them on instagram and tried to read as much comments as possible from costumers and I also saw a few negative reactions...

BUT now I'm seeing these beautiful pics and I'm drooling

I'm don't know if I want to take the risk of ordering and with the possibility of receiving bad hair due to $$$$

Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 6:29pm
I feel like you take a risk when ordering hair online. You may sometimes get that bad batch, but if yummy has good customer service like everyone saying they do then they should be able to rectify the situation. If not the unfortunately you must move on to another company with $$$ lost in the wind.

Posted By: JodyThomas1610
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:28pm
Can you tell me where to orderTongue

Posted By: JodyThomas1610
Date Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 9:30pm
Very beautiful, I love you。。LOL

Date Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:09am
Pretty install I can't wait to get mines installed..Who is doing your hair now? Our girl called me a couple of weeks ago we are hooking up for the movies and dinner..she said she would also do my hairClap

Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

I sent them a review for their IG page and started my review off by saying "I've only been wearing this hair for a week". They chose to leave that part out when they posted my review and picture on IG. So I felt the need to comment on the picture letting everyone know that I've only had the hair in for a week and that I couldn't really give an in-depth review on the longevity of it and that I would come back in a few weeks with another review. Sho' nuff they took my picture RIGHT down LOL. It's not even that deep though...however, it did turn me off that they would do that just because I felt the need to give full disclosure. It makes me question their ethics as well as the ability for this hair to stand the length of time. I had planned on purchasing more of this hair in longer lengths...but now I'm gonna think twice about that. We'll see! Anyways...here's a quick snapshot!

Posted By: SoulSister87
Date Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:23am
Love it! Soo pretty :)

Posted By: Raiyn
Date Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:50am
Love the hair! Been looking at it for quite some time, but wanted to see more reviews of it. Is this hair best installed with leave-out or a full sew-in? I always have trouble blending my 4c hair with these types of curls Confused

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Pretty install I can't wait to get mines installed..Who is doing your hair now? Our girl called me a couple of weeks ago we are hooking up for the movies and dinner..she said she would also do my hairClap

Thanks love!! My girl @msspringtime on IG did my hair. She's really good! Can't wait to see yours!!

Posted By: lovebeautyhair
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:15am
nice curl!

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 7:24am

vendor?Big smile

Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 9:28am
My Yummy Loose Curl Home Made Wig.
My daughter made it in less than two hours.
The Hair is dry I know, but I am going to apply just a little bit of the- Kinky-Curly Custard and see if I can make it pop.
I am also going to cut it just a little because it is too long and bushy I feel like shaggy the dog...lol Do you guys think I should steam curl it also?
What do you guys think? Please be honest and tell me the truth. 
TIA 
FYI: The third pic from top going down, the hair is wet, really wet and it is drying.

My Wig

In the backyard getting sun dried
My Hair Medicine

Posted By: feelblessed
Date Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 4:53pm
The hair is pretty. It looks like hair from

Queen weave beauty LTD on ali express

26 inches for 66 dollars. Plus the silk closure 16 inches 77.00

She is on Facebook with lots of pictures of her costumers.

I am a little afraid to order I jut wasted 800 from 2 vendors

I need hair that will not Matt and tangle after co washing😡

Date Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 6:00am
feelblessed were you speaking  to me?
If so, Thanks for your opinion. 
I do want to add that I have not added a closure yet.
Do you have a link you can provide to the vendor you are speaking  of?
Girl I will fall out if this is really some Ali hair, but I don't think they would do that.
This pic I have added nothing but the shampoo and conditioner to it, no Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, no Argan Oil has been applied yet.
Once again, I appreciate your opinion.
Thanks so much.

Posted By: eva92watson
Date Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 8:42am
Thanks for sharing your experience. I could use this info for my curly hair.

Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Date Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 9:10am
Lovely! Clap

Posted By: slimthicness
Date Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by realvirginhair realvirginhair wrote:

feelblessed were you speaking  to me?
If so, Thanks for your opinion. 
I do want to add that I have not added a closure yet.
Do you have a link you can provide to the vendor you are speaking  of?
Girl I will fall out if this is really some Ali hair, but I don't think they would do that.
This pic I have added nothing but the shampoo and conditioner to it, no Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, no Argan Oil has been applied yet.
Once again, I appreciate your opinion.
Thanks so much.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/910088

Posted By: Mofe4luka
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:58am
This hair is incredibly gorgeous, I need some of this in my life

Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 6:26am
That's true!
> Quite a while ago I ordered hair online and I got cheated on my of bundles (1 bundle was extremely shorter than the other bundle of the same length I ordered) as a 'solution' they offered me 10% of my next purchase Ouch due to me going out of the country for 3mnths I let it slide and worked with what I got.<
So... if Yummy hair has good customer service it definitely is a plus!

Posted By: CurvyGirl27
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:41pm

You look so beautiful! That hair is gorgeous and looks so good on you. I have heard mixed reviews about Yummy's hair and have admired their gorgeous curls but the one thing I cannot do is get down with Yummy as a business. I am not at all surprised they edited your review and deleted your photo clarifying that you hadn't worn the hair very long. They are a very manipulative company and have been caught in more than a few lies. I don't know where all these stories of good customer service are coming from because I personally know a few people who had a terrible experience with them and were treated poorly and it wasn't until they threatened to expose it did Yummy try to make it right. Based on principle alone, I can never comfortably give them my coins but hopefully it works out for all those who do order. 

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by realvirginhair realvirginhair wrote:

My Yummy Loose Curl Home Made Wig.
My daughter made it in less than two hours.
The Hair is dry I know, but I am going to apply just a little bit of the- Kinky-Curly Custard and see if I can make it pop.
I am also going to cut it just a little because it is too long and bushy I feel like shaggy the dog...lol Do you guys think I should steam curl it also?
What do you guys think? Please be honest and tell me the truth. 
TIA 
FYI: The third pic from top going down, the hair is wet, really wet and it is drying.

My Wig

In the backyard getting sun dried
My Hair Medicine

Dat's purty. I looks very similar to my Wags NC wig, especially the color combination. Unfortunately my longer lengths/the bottom layers of the wig aren't as curly.

Date Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:47am
Thank you  berry much Cream1970 .

Posted By: atexaschick
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 9:14am
I want to order Yummy Hair loose curl but the reviews I've been seeing is making me think twice. I don't want to spend $400+ on hair and it shed and lose its curl pattern. I bought Sassy Mitchell twice and the first purchase shed like crazy, and the second order lost its curl pattern as soon as I dyed it. Is Yummmy the only option for a nice curly hair curl pattern?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 3:09pm

Due to the Bleach I used for lifting the Black Color (Original Color), I also used color to achieve the color I wanted which was to be more of an Auburn Reddish Brown. The hair was already dry and matting/tangling  a little right below the weft section (only) Not to mention that I just used bleach and now color to get it the way I wanted only made it even more dry. So I knew it needed a Deep Co-Wash.

Co -Washed

Condition in Brazilian Keratin Therapy Conditioner by Organix. Placed in plastic bag for two -three hours. Rinsed in cold-water air-dried. Once Dry, I sprayed hair with water bottle. Parted hair in two sections and applied a very (small amount) of the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. I used 1 tablespoon for each section =2 Tablespoons. I then used about 1/2 a teaspoon of Argan Oil. This really made my color pop. VIP not to add too much of the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard… a little goes a long ways.
Adding too much your hair will be crunchy and frozen…lol 

The hair is very soft now and the color is really flowing. I have found that the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard will hold just like the pic  for about a 7 day week. Just 2 tablespoons for me is all it took. 

I am looking for a closure to match this but one that does not cost as much as the hair...lol 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:11pm
Looks great, thanks for the review!

Print Page | Close Window