Print Page | Close Window

Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364794
Printed Date: Jul 23 2018 at 11:11am

Topic: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:14pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY" rel="nofollow -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY

short cuts:

0:20 to 0:56 the run over

0:56 to 6:14 the hot pursuit (skip unless youre really interested)*

6:15  the inevitable: caught in traffic (it is manhattan after all)

Replies:
Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:33pm
sheesh! I don't understand why this started though? Why were they surrounding the car to begin with? (before the run over). Maybe the car cut them off in traffic? Crazy mess.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:39pm
 Found an article.

http://www.ibtimes.com/range-rover-runs-over-motorcyclists-nyc-bikers-attack-suv-driver-after-chasing-vehicle-through" rel="nofollow - http://www.ibtimes.com/range-rover-runs-over-motorcyclists-nyc-bikers-attack-suv-driver-after-chasing-vehicle-through

Range Rover Runs Over Motorcyclists In NYC: Bikers Attack SUV Driver After Chasing Vehicle Through Manhattan Highway [VIDEO]

On Sept. 29, a video was uploaded to YouTube of a Range Rover sport utility vehicle running over several motorcyclists riding northbound on the Henry Hudson Parkway in New York City. The bikers were riding together as part of an event called the “Hollywood Block Party,” an annual group motorcycle ride. Early into the video, at the 26-second mark, the cyclists are seen slowing down in front of the Range Rover and coming to a stop after the SUV collides with one of the cyclists. Moments later, the Range Rover is seen plowing through several of the stopped cyclists and speeding off. The cyclists are then seen chasing after the SUV along Henry Hudson Parkway, cutting off the driver just before the exit ramp for the Cross Bronx Expressway and other local roads at the five minute mark of the video.

One of the cyclists unsuccessfully attempts to pull the driver out of the SUV. The driver then speeds off into local streets with the bikers in close pursuit. The driver is then blocked moments later by traffic. A couple of bikers are then seen smashing the driver's side window of the SUV with their helmets before the video abruptly cuts off.

While the original video contains no description, it was reposted several times on YouTube and other social video sites, with claims that one of bikers was killed, but several sources refute this claim. However, the driver of the Range Rover SUV suffered lacerations after being attacked by the  http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-attack-suv-after-driver-rams-riders/" rel="nofollow - bikers  and was subsequently brought to Columbia University Medical Center for treatment and stitches.

The  http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585" rel="nofollow - New York Daily News  reports that no arrests have been made and police are investigating the incident.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:42pm
The bikers were black so of course all the comments under the video are thinly veiled racist bs.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:43pm
Tatee, you know how to post videos (pointing out the good parts so we know what to watch). Thanks.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:44pm
POS driver! Glad it was all caught on tape.

Now I know the driver was sh*ttin' his pants when he saw all of the motorcycles following him ready to dish out some justice. I Clap when that one guy tried to open the door and when they started busting his windows.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:45pm
how old is the video? Can't see @ work.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:46pm
he knocked over a boiker

when confronted he decided to drive off because of "the impending assault'

riiiight

the range rover was being a douche

didnt think he was being recorded

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

how old is the video? Can't see @ work.

time stamp says sept 30, 2013

dp

Posted By: KeraNykole
So I found the article. Apparently it was a man, his wife and their 5 month old baby. Dunno what led to these events but it reads that he feared for his safety and drove off.
15 bikers were arrested.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585" rel="nofollow - http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:48pm
Found this article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/30/gang-bikers-attack-driver-after-high-speed-chase/" rel="nofollow - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/30/gang-bikers-attack-driver-after-high-speed-chase/

Gang of bikers attack driver in front of family after high-speed chase

An unidentified 33-year-old man was attacked in front of his wife and child in New York City after his vehicle reportedly was pursued by a gang of motorcyclists in a high-speed chase.

A video apparently taken by one of the bikers shows the gang surrounding the man’s Range Rover SUV on Manhattan’s West Side Highway Monday afternoon, the New York Post reports.

New York Police said the altercation began when the man called 911 to report the bikers driving erratically on the highway, NBC New York reports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY" rel="nofollow - - NY Daily News reports .

Authorities say the bikers were in the city for an event called Hollywood Stuntz, where they intended to drive around Manhattan doing tricks, NBC New York reports.

Kelly said the group showed up in Times Square and disrupted traffic. Police arrested 15 of them and issued summonses to several others. They also seized 55 motorcycles in connection with the event, http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Motorcycle-Gang-Attack-Dad-Toddler-Range-Rover-Manhattan-225817761.html" rel="nofollow -

wow...I'm gonna try to get on my phone.

edited for latenessLOL

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:51pm
Some of the articles like the one from the daily mail said that he feared for the life of his wife and baby....after he ran over the bikers. Ermm

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Some of the articles like the one from the daily mail said that he feared for the life of his wife and baby....<i style="font-weight: bold;">after he ran over the bikers. Ermm
they seem to be conveniently forgetting that part

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

One biker in the video is shown taking off his helmet and using it to smash the driver-side window of the SUV. Police sources told the New York Post that the man was slashed in front of his wife and child, who were inside the vehicle.

The man was brought to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital with two black eyes and had to get stitches on his face and chest.

Well, he 'learnt' today.Embarrassed

Some of the articles like the one from the daily mail said that he feared for the life of his wife and baby....after he ran over the bikers. Ermm
I noticed that. He was a cowardly hit and run driver who got dealt with before cops arrived.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 2:59pm
that's messed up. This are street bikers so no body I know. & what the hell did the guy expect after you run over someone. I never understood why people play bikes so close on the highway...There's nothing protecting the biker, so give them space just in case.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:05pm
is it me or was the actual run-over not visible? all i saw were the bikers stopping and looking back. i dont see any run-over...

but yeah, i wonder at which point he "feared for" his precious white life?

after the run-over, or when he realised they were black?

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

is it me or was the actual run-over not visible? all i saw were the bikers stopping and looking back. i dont see any run-over...

but yeah, i wonder at which point he "feared for" his precious white life?

after the run-over, or when he realised they were black?

start @ 0:45

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:11pm
cruisers played the back of the pack. Fuucked up.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:11pm
I think I'm seeing a different video.

Looks like the bikers were trying to prevent the range rover from moving...cornering it, so to speak. One guy intentionally slows down in the middle of the road to get the range rover to stop...

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:12pm

Reading the article and re-watching the video, he feared for his life before he ran over the bikers. Around the time they were attempting to intimidate him since he had called the police on them.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Reading the article and re-watching the video, he feared for his life before he ran over the bikers. Around the time they were attempting to intimidate him since he had called the police on them.

link then?

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

link then?

The same video in the OP. Hold up. Lemme post the stills.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:21pm
Wait wait. Yall are saying if you had your child and wife in a car with you surrounded by 30+ irrational macho men you would stop and let them interrogate you? Hell no. I want to see video of the accident. That man was well within his rights to protect himself and his family once he knew he made a mistake AND realized he was dealing with irrational people.

I would've kept driving till the cows came home and then called 911 to let them know what happened. 

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:25pm
Yall are being blinded by race just as much as you claim they are. They were trying to make that man stop in the middle of a busy road with his wife and CHILD in the car! The Fukc!? I hope that dumbass who bashed the window in got a few years. That glass could've easily injured the baby in there. 

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:30pm
(the biker is riding alongside the range rover as the dad honks his horn, and it looks like he's having words with the driver right before getting in front of him and slowing down in the middle of the road)

(then all of the bikers stop and focus in on the range rover)

(then the range rover drives off)

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:32pm
The bikers confronted the range rover after the wife called the police on them.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:34pm
omfg, how come i always get access denied errors, while seeing people continually post

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

omfg, how come i always get access denied errors, while seeing people continually post

all i get is errors. i don't bother with videos

neway, voices of reason came through so it looks like i dont need to watch 

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:38pm

wow @ the youtube comments, the first biker slammed on the brakes though. i wonder what were they saying to the rover between 8-25 seconds

what i tried posting 30 minutes ago Ermm

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:39pm

The bikers confronted the range rover after the wife called the police on them.

i'd love to know the back story...i see what you're saying, thanks for the pics...what i want to know is why they were having words with him?...they had words with him then he ran somebody over?

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:42pm
Man if anything the guy in the car should sue. Can you imagine having your child in there while some bike thug smashes glass all over you in public??? 

I would be the nation's next millionaire I tell you what. I don't even understand the point people in here are trying to make. If he ran over someone, his fault. But do NOT take justice into your own hands and then use race to try and make harassment justifiable. Just do not.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:43pm
According to police, the backstory is

1. Bikers speeding and driving erratically
2. Dad in range rover calls the police to report the bikers
3. Bikers try to brake check the range rover
4. After being stopped dead in the street, dad fears for his life and pulls off
5. Bikers chase him and then assault him.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Man if anything the guy in the car should sue. Can you imagine having your child in there while some bike thug smashes glass all over you in public??? 

I would be the nation's next millionaire I tell you what. I don't even understand the point people in here are trying to make. If he ran over someone, his fault. But do NOT take justice into your own hands and then use race to try and make harassment justifiable. Just do not.
ran a few of them over, killed one, and drived away ....

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

all i get is errors. i don't bother with videos

neway, voices of reason came through so it looks like i dont need to watch 

have you guys switched over to f2 or f3 yet.  i was holding out for a minute but finally made the switch and havent had an error since.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:49pm
I don't understand why the bikers only had a problem with the Range Rover dude?

Were there not any other cars on the road? If they were so irrational then why did they only pick on the Range Rover car?

Part of this story is missing

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

ran a few of them over, killed one, and drived away ....

Nobody was killed. One of the bikers got a broken leg.

A motorist with his wife and baby daughter in his SUV was terrorized, chased down and assaulted by a gang of several dozen motorcyclists in a harrowing incident that began on the West Side Highway Sunday, police sources said.

The bikers were speeding and driving erratically in the northbound lanes when Alexian Lien, 33, called 911 to report them about 1:30 p.m.

The bikers then surrounded the Lien’s dark-colored Range Rover while it was heading north near 125th Street in Harlem, according to video captured by a camera apparently attached to a biker’s helmet.

One biker then pulled directly in front and slowed down, forcing the SUV to stop, and the others converged on the Range Rover, laying their bikes down on the pavement to block the vehicle.

The panicked dad then gunned the engine and ran over several bikes before speeding off with the pack in hot pursuit, police sources said Monday.

“He feared for his life and the lives of his wife and daughter,” a police source said.

The harrowing chase continued more than 50 blocks north, according to the 6-plus minute video, which quickly went viral on YouTube and elsewhere Monday morning.

At one point, the bikers blocked Lien again as he got caught behind another vehicle, with one biker yanking open his door.

But Lien guns it again and manages to get away after knocking another bike to the ground.

During one of the stops, one of the bikers slashed one or more tires on the SUV, forcing Lien to exit at West 178th Street in Washington Heights.

But the pack swarmed behind him, blowing through at least one red light at high speed.

Finally, traffic forces the SUV to stop on West 178th between Wadsworth and St. Nicholas avenues.

One rider then rips off his helmet and uses it to bash in the driver’s side window as the video ends.

The crew then beat Lien in front of his wife and child, police sources said.

Lien was rushed to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital with two black eyes, and also needed stitches on his face and chest.

No arrests have been made and police are investigating the assault, including checking video from a nearby gas station where the bikers gathered after the assault.

At least one of the riders’ jacket patches indicate he’s a member of a New Rochelle motorcycle club.

Sources said it was not an organized charity ride, but a rally loosely organized on the blog  HollywoodStuntz, which features videos of bikers doing tricks and stunts.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:52pm
WHY did they surround his car? Who are these people writing these articles and who did they get this story from? Confused

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:53pm

According to police, the backstory is

1. Bikers speeding and driving erratically
2. Dad in range rover calls the police to report the bikers
3. Bikers try to brake check the range rover
4. After being stopped dead in the street, dad fears for his life and pulls off
5. Bikers chase him and then assault him.

Ok...
how would they know he was calling or had called the police though? Im thinking his windows wouldve been wound up since he felt threatened...?
just curious

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I don't understand why the bikers only had a problem with the Range Rover dude?

Were there not any other cars on the road? If they were so irrational then why did they only pick on the Range Rover car?

Part of this story is missing

ok, nvm

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:58pm

WHY did they surround his car? Who are these people writing these articles and who did they get this story from? Confused

WHY did they surround his car?

Called the police on them.

Who are these people writing these articles

cbs, new york times, new york post

who did they get this story from?

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, and witnesses.

Might be fun to speculate why they really were going after the range rover. I say a drug deal gone bad.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:01pm
thanks for the synop Random!

wow. 

did one of the bikers upload the video too?

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:02pm
How did they find out?

WHY did they surround his car?

Called the police on them.

Who are these people writing these articles

cbs, new york times, new york post

who did they get this story from?

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, and witnesses.

Might be fun to speculate why they really were going after the range rover. I say a drug deal gone bad.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:04pm
Running over them was a stupid ass idea

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:05pm

i think the range rover probably honked at/cut off the wrong nigguhs, and the bikers got buck, and it obviously escalated.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:06pm
I assume they saw the guy pull out his phone. It's pretty easy to spot someone pissed off by your reckless driving. I see it in traffic every day.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:07pm
Men are so damn macho
Chill the f*ck out

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:08pm

i think the range rover probably honked at/cut off the wrong nigguhs, and the bikers got buck, and it obviously escalated.

He was definitely honking. Probably had some words with them as he was calling police. "I'm telling on you assholes."

Where was it posted that they are black bikers? I see at least 3 white people. Everyone else has their arms and hands covered.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:08pm

heaven forbid. the scandal  

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 4:48pm

He was definitely honking. Probably had some words with them as he was calling police. "I'm telling on you assholes."

Where was it posted that they are black bikers? I see at least 3 white people. Everyone else has their arms and hands covered.

i probably wouldn't say I'm calling the cops

running over someone is not the business, but i can see how i would've done it
if i had my daughter in the car and felt very threatened.

I've always felt I'd run over somebody if i were in a life-threatening situation.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 5:04pm
How did they know he was calling the police on them?  I'd love to hear their side of the story.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 6:51pm
im on the fence about this

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 7:26pm
Wow...I just don't know how Judge Judy would rule on this...

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:00pm
so many questions.

i would like to know what happened before the camera started rolling. like why did they pick him out of all cars, and how was he the only car appeared to be trapped in the middle of all this?

i guess they couldve seen him on the phone and known he was calling the cops or better yet, his wife since he was trying to drive. i guess thats how they knew? unless he had them on the bluetooth hooked up to his navigation. lol..

it would appear something happened that got them started and they antagonized him. and that guy was stupid for slowing down in front of the rover. your body cannot compete with a vehicle, stupid.

also, when he got stopped the first time at 5:03 they were able to open the door? or at least thats what it looked like. why wasnt his doors locked.

i do understand getting the hell on when you are scared for you life. 

i know the range rover was like where are the po pos when you need them!

Posted By: bklyngurl33
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:25pm
Both parties were wrong

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:44pm
funny how cnn showed " cyclists attack range rover" and only showed the part when the three black guys started smashing the window. I didnt even know they got run over until i saw the full video. 

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

Wow...I just don't know how Judge Judy would rule on this...

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:49pm
Real talk. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to whomever is Black in this video. Stern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:51pm
LOL

Honestly, if they're wrong, they're wrong. But there are not enough answers and not enough footage to take a legitimate side in this particular incident imo

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:53pm
i don't know if this was said but the guy in the car ran over one of the guys on the bike and broke his leg.... Then told police he didn't pull over because he felt threatened... The guys on the bikes followed him and chased him down.

the man in the truck will not be charged ray kelly said everyone in the video will be. smhh

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

i don't know if this was said but the guy in the car ran over one of the guys on the bike and broke his leg.... Then told police he didn't pull over because he felt threatened... The guys on the bikes followed him and chased him down.

the man in the truck will not be charged ray kelly said everyone in the video will be. smhh
Of course not. This is the same commissioner who thinks there needs to be an increase of racial profiling, right?

OT: I always joke, if you're gonna commit a crime, do it in a vehicle smh.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:00pm
ok it was said.  I think the guy in the rover was tryna play hero and scare the bikers... NYC highways are scary enough betwwen crazy motercylce guys then this dude running one over.

Do we know the race of the rover guy?  I hate driving in NYC everybody wants to be the police of the road.  I think they should BOTH get charged. scared for yoiur life or not you ran someone over than attempted to fle the scene. smhh If you were really scared by their driving you would have gotten off the road.

plus if the guys on the bike were doing wrong why would they turn on the cam and record? I believe they were recording in case the guy did get away

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:01pm
A White guy... charged for protecting his white family and running over a Black guy?

Wheredeydothatat? LOL

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

ok it was said.  I think the guy in the rover was tryna play hero and scare the bikers... NYC highways are scary enough betwwen crazy motercylce guys then this dude running one over.

Do we know the race of the rover guy?  I hate driving in NYC everybody wants to be the police of the road.  I think they should BOTH get charged. scared for yoiur life or not you ran someone over than attempted to fle the scene. smhh If you were really scared by their driving you would have gotten off the road.

plus if the guys on the bike were doing wrong why would they turn on the cam and record? I believe they were recording in case the guy did get away
I read he was Asian.

But yeah, not sure how running over someone equals justifiable self defense but okay Ray Kelly. I c u.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:10pm
This is the driver.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:11pm

it's so in our face now, crazy.  I could see the guy tryna "teach a lesson" and run them over.  asains are always acting innocent. 

i believe those black men would not do all that in broad daylight if he didn't start. *sighs but what you gonna do.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:19pm
Sleepy

This is the driver.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:27pm
Now that he's Asian, it all makes sense.  I have never in my life met or saw a Asian that could drive well may sound racist but it's true.  He probably tried to drive through them. 

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:44pm
lol man y'all are some categorizing ass folks.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:51pm
Didn't watch the vid or read the thread really but saw the pic.

I watched some videos on YT about Asians driving.

Smh
You dealing with some ppl who don't give a fuk.

They run over ppl like potholes

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:51pm
i know this is wrong, but this reminds me of that clip from family guy with the asian woman driver. ah, stereotypes. LOL

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:52pm
*facepalm*

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:56pm

Wth@ 2:03

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 9:58pm
Is it an asian thang or a woman thang?

LOL

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 10:00pm
Omg lol.

I was not expecting that
I'm a terrible driver for what it's worth

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 10:00pm
WTH@ the video compilation.CryLOLLOL

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 10:01pm
asianStern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 10:12pm
It's a both thing. 

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Wth@ 2:03

so many of those could have easily been avoided. They obviously have no stop signs at intersections. And they drive slow, there's plenty of time to stop. And whats with all the bicyclesLOLCry.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 10:41pm
We are all going straight to hell.LOL

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 11:05pm
funny clipsLOL
IA w/ RT--based on the vid alone, the cyclist did stop/slow down in front of the Rover.  I've had that same experience w/ a crazed cyclist doing that to me, except I didn't run him over in retaliation...wanted to tho ijs

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:57am
why is the chase scene cracking me up so bad?
lol. maybe im just sleepy.

Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 2:38am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

We are all going straight to hell.LOL

I have the hiccups from laughing so hard and my nose is running. LOLLOL

Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 6:04am
front page of nypost today

Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 7:32am
Biker gang...these people trying their hardest to sell they funky ass papers. I'm not saying much but that's a bunch of bullshyt.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Omg lol.

I was not expecting that
I'm a terrible driver for what it's worth

LOL I was just thinking maybe I got Asian in my "famlee"

And yes cc, we ain't sh*tCry

Posted By: PurrPoZe
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 7:49am
There were probably words exchanged...he said he was calling the cops..they decided to fck with him then it got real. They were blocking him from moving before he ran over them

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 7:57am
I don't know what happened here and I would love to hear what one of the bikers who didn't get buck has to say.

With that said I hope the driver wasn't sh*t talking with his wife and baby in the car.   I constantly have to tell hubby to calm the fck down and ignore everybody else on the road.   Men act like cars are their butthole sometimes.    

Posted By: PurrPoZe
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

i know this is wrong, but this reminds me of that clip from family guy with the asian woman driver. ah, stereotypes. LOL

so crazy this happened to me yesterday. She came across 2 lanes without a signal or a single fck

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 10:20am
Did anyone die??

Posted By: funkydiva2
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 12:28pm
Unfortunate all around.  Per CNN, the driver's wife and 2 year old child was in car hen he was assualted in the end by the bikers

Posted By: Island-Clo
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:12pm
the biker that was ran over is paralyzed and still in very bad shape and now there saying the driver will be charged

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:18pm
Which one?  The one that slowed in front of him, or the one that he hit as he sped away? (based on the clip)

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:39pm
he had a right to drive off and protect his family.  i would've ran them over too.  i hate bicyclists/skateboarders/motorcyclists.  the guy on the bike cut him off, slowed down on purpose, and caused the rear end...vehicles do this all the time and it's passive aggressive as hell.  when they surrounded his vehicle they made him, his wife, and child feel threatened by slashing his tire.  why did they slash his tire if he had stopped? whatever happened to them after that is their own fault.

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

so crazy this happened to me yesterday. She came across 2 lanes without a signal or a single fck

lmaoLOLCry

Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:53pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN64hdOzGD4" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN64hdOzGD4

Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:56pm

NYC Motorcycle Attack: Biker's Wife Says He Won't Walk Again

The wife of a motorcyclist who was hit by an SUV during a melee involving 20 to 30 bikers said her husband is paralyzed from the waist down and may never walk again.

Dayana Mejia told ABC News today that her husband was struck by a Range Rover, setting off a confrontation between the driver and motorcyclists taking part in a group ride in New York City on Sunday.

The SUV driver fled the scene of an initial fender bender after feeling intimidated, police said. The group of motorcyclists chased him and then bashed in the windows of the Range Rover, dragged him out into the street, and beat him up while his wife and 2-year-old child watched from the SUV, police said.

Law enforcement sources confirmed the driver of the Range Rover was Alexian Lien.

WHAT TO KNOW
  • Bikers surrounded Range Rover driver, causing accident and injuries to at least two motorcyclists on Sunday.
  • Range Rover fled, but bikers chased and then beat the driver, Alexian Lien.

Lien received minor injuries and police are searching for suspects involved in his assault, they said.

Mejia's husband, Edwin Mieses, 32, a father of two and an audio engineer, is in critical condition at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital in New York following Sunday's incident.

In an emotional interview, Mieses' mother, Yolanda Santiago, told ABC News that Lien should be charged with reckless endangerment.

"My son is fighting for his life. The Range Rover plowed right over him,'' Santiago said through tears on the front porch of her Lawrence, Mass., home.

"He's never going to be the same Jay he was,'' said Santiago, referring to her son by his nickname. Then she began to weep into her hands. "Why hasn't the driver been charged with reckless endangerment? He endangered his own child."

Mieses' wife also expressed anger at Lien.

"I blame him. And what I even blame him more for is he's out, he's not even charged, and he's the 'victim,'" Mejia said.

"His spine is crushed. All the ribs on this side are broken," she said, motioning to her left side. "He's a survivor but he's paralyzed from the waist down."

The confrontation began when the group of motorcyclists, out for an annual ride in Manhattan, surrounded Lien's Range Rover and slowed down. One biker cut off the Range Rover in traffic and then slowed his speed even further, and the Range Rover then bumped into the bike.

New York City police said today that the driver of that motorcycle was Christopher Cruz of Passaic, N.J., who was arrested. A second motorcycle driver is also being questioned by police. Cruz has been charged with reckless endangerment, acting in manner injurious to a child, menacing and reckless driving.

The initial accident caused the bikers to slow down, checking on Cruz and yelling and gesturing at the Range Rover. The driver of the Range Rover then took off from the group at a high speed, barreling through the motorcyclists and hitting three of them, police said.

One of the men Lien hit was Mieses, according to Mejia.

"He should have not run away," said Mejia. "He should have known he wanted to help the person on the floor. By running away, all you're doing is getting them upset like you're trying to flee the scene."

"He still has bumper marks on his forehead,'' Mieses' brother Ray Cepeda told ABC News.

The rest of the bikers then chased Lien's Range Rover up the West Side Highway and onto the Henry Hudson Parkway, where they bashed his car with their helmets, dragged Lien out of the vehicle and beat him.

"He still has bumper marks on his forehead,'' Mieses' brother Ray Cepeda told ABC News.

The rest of the bikers then chased Lien's Range Rover up the West Side Highway and onto the Henry Hudson Parkway, where they bashed his car with their helmets, dragged Lien out of the vehicle and beat him.

The man being questioned by police is thought to be responsible for pulling the Range Rover's driver out of the vehicle, cops said.

The entire confrontation was captured on a six-minute helmet-cam video taken by one of the bikers and uploaded to the Internet.

Police are now combing through the video and witness accounts to find other suspects involved in the attack.

The NYPD distributed a still from the video of two suspects wanted in the assault on the driver and said that one bike had a flag sticker of Guyana on the back. The drivers are still being sought.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Monday that the driver would not face charges for hitting bikers, including Mieses, as he fled.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-motorcycle-attack-bikers-wife-walk/story?id=20430576&page=2

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 4:56pm
Living in NYC, and seeing cyclist (motor and bike), disobey basic laws of the land on a daily basis, Im riding the fence with this one. Hell, I almost hit me one Sunday after church. A bike gang, atv's, dirt bikes etc careening down a major thoroughfare in Brooklyn (Atlantic Ave)! They were so reckless!! Running reds, poppin' wheelies in heavy traffic, cutting buses off, just wylin out. Im having a hard time mustering up a marginal amount of sympathy.

Print Page | Close Window