Print Page | Close Window

Sew ins always look like garbage after washing

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364757
Printed Date: Sep 25 2018 at 12:50am

Topic: Sew ins always look like garbage after washing
Posted By: bossyavenger
Subject: Sew ins always look like garbage after washing
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 4:40am

No matter what kind of sew in i get it always looks like garbage after the 4th day. I have tried human, blend, synthetic and no matter what it looks a mess. It tangles, frizzes, mats up or looks very dry.

Replies:
Posted By: dorislesure
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 7:52am
where do u buy yr hair from,,try flw   who does  yr installs  pic

Posted By: FearlessNik
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 8:18am
It's probably bad quality hair. What steps do you use to wash, and what products do you use?

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 9:48am
Could be the hair you are buying. Also could be how you wash your hair also. Always wash in a downward motion.

Posted By: MrsBishop
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 10:29am
my roommate had this problem, until I realized that she was putting some crazy hair products in her weave! I think baby oil was one of them. So maybe thats the issue? its hard to judge without knowing your hair care routine

Posted By: veedubbz
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 9:28pm
I think you should buy better quality hair.

Posted By: mzjuicy553
Date Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 10:43pm
It's gotta be the hair your buying. Cheap bss hair won't survive a shampoo...

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:28am
dorislesure View Drop Down  I buy my hair from Sams Beauty and Hairsisters. I usually get Batik, Outre, Sensationnel or Bump hair. I go to a girl who is pretty good with sew ins. I mist daily with water if it looks dry then i mist with leave in cond. 

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:33am
Those brands you should not be misting with water daily. It's not high quality hair & will tangle matt when wet. they are not good for more than 2-3 weeks tops.Batik isn't even human hair. So getting a sew in with those brands is kind of a waste. They are only going to look good for a short period of time.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:33am
I stand in the shower and let water run thru hair. I have 2 tubs full of hair i cant believe ALL the hair is bad. Im getting really fed up with sew ins. I swear 2 weeks is the longest i can go and i have to take it out.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:36am
I have some bump hair also and its 100% human and even it looks like garbage. I have some Indian remy i could try and if that fails im done with weave. My friend wears the Batik for a month and her hair still looks good i dont knw what my problem is.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:38am
It's the hair sweetie. Those types of hair you can't get wet or they will matt right up. You need a better quality hair.Your better off saving ur money up for some virgin hair u can use over & over again.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:42am
Bss hair is processed a lot so u can't manipulate it a lot & put tons of products in it or it will go bad quick! Indian Remy may last u a month & depending on which brand u may be able to squeeze one more install but I doubt it. Just get virgin hair. Do your research on this board for a good vendor. It's time consuming & frustrating but u are wasting so much money on those brands ur using.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 12:55am
Thanks everyone for your advice. I think i will get some virgin hair and see if i get the same results. Im thinking of Juju or Ep. I have some virgin Indian from Tiffanys Hair so i might just go ahead and have that installed. I never knew weave could be so difficult ladies.

Posted By: Janezeng
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 3:22am
where u bought the hair from?
i think you should go to local saloon to ask for professional advice.

Posted By: MrsBishop
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:23am
Lol weave isn't difficult once you figure out the appropriate way to handle it. Like others say misty the hair daily with water isn't best for the brands you mentioned. BSS is such a waste of time and money. What some of the ladies do too in case of cost is to research good vendors on aliexpress, which is a hit or miss cause some of them are not honest and you won't get the hair you were expecting. Anyway just make sure to do a lot of research before making your purchase, don't just go off what you hear on youtube because a lot of those "gurus" will talk up vomit just because they received it for free, and/or they are getting paid for it.  

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:35am
OP ...as others have said ..its the hair. You can read some threads here on how to find a proper hair vendor. As well as get tips in caring the hair when u purchase it.hth

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 8:43am
Also make sure you seal the hair. Check out YouTube on how to seal the hair wefts.

Print Page | Close Window