Print Page | Close Window

What should I do?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364715
Printed Date: Jun 21 2018 at 9:04pm

Topic: What should I do?
Posted By: KottonKandy
Subject: What should I do?
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:29am
I remember I told you guys about this older woman who moved from up north to the south. She was in her 50s, no car. She's a celebrity chaser and wanted to be in the Atlanta celebrity circle soooooooo bad. She would want to hang out and go to these celeb events, but the two times we went out I always had to pick her up and take her home. We live a distance away & I didn't have time to keep picking/dropping her off. Besides, she wasn't anyone who I really would hang out with, so I decided before we get to know each too well, I put an end to the 'friendship?". She would call me, but I told her I could meet her somewhere but I couldn't keep taking her home. lol. She'd offer to take a cab as long as we can go to events together, but I didn't want to hang with her like that. I have an older friend that's 50, so age isn't a problem.

We lost touch for months. Yesterday I got a text saying check out what I've been doing and she had her instagram link. I looked at it and she's been photographed with some Atlanta reality stars...far and b/w might I add. She supposedly, with two other people, they started a 'pr' team.  I know she was a little salty I didn't want to hang with her, but I damn sure hope she doesn't think that she is one upping me or think to herself look what I missed out on. So far I haven't responded, but I don't know if I should respond back and be like "I'm not impressed/ this is Atlanta boo, it's not hard to snap a picture with reality stars, check out mine/while you're out chasing d-list reality stars, I've had some C-list stars trying to get with me/ etc LOL or should I just not respond...wwyd? She's older so I don't really want to go there. 

Replies:
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:32am
Now if she was next to Atlanta A-B listers, like Ciara, JD, Usher, Future, 2chainz and the likes, I'll be impressed...but here today and gone tomorrow reality stars...Sit. 

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:34am
Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

I remember I told you guys about this older woman who moved from up north to the south. She was in her 50s, no car. She's a celebrity chaser and wanted to be in the Atlanta celebrity circle soooooooo bad. She would want to hang out and go to these celeb events, but the two times we went out I always had to pick her up and take her home. We live a distance away & I didn't have time to keep picking/dropping her off. Besides, she wasn't anyone who I really would hang out with, so I decided before we get to know each too well, I put an end to the 'friendship?". She would call me, but I told her I could meet her somewhere but I couldn't keep taking her home. lol. She'd offer to take a cab as long as we can go to events together, but I didn't want to hang with her like that. I have an older friend that's 50, so age isn't a problem.

We lost touch for months. Yesterday I got a text saying check out what I've been doing and she had her instagram link. I looked at it and she's been photographed with some Atlanta reality stars...far and b/w might I add. She supposedly, with two other people, they started a 'pr' team.  I know she was a little salty I didn't want to hang with her, but I damn sure hope she doesn't think that she is one upping me or think to herself look what I missed out on. So far I haven't responded, but I don't know if I should respond back and be like "I'm not impressed/ this is Atlanta boo, it's not hard to snap a picture with reality stars, check out mine/while you're out chasing d-list reality stars, I've had some C-list stars trying to get with me/ etc LOL or should I just not respond...wwyd? She's older so I don't really want to go there. 

Gurrrrrrllllllllllllllllll.........Disapprove

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:35am

Now if she was next to Atlanta A-B listers, like Ciara, JD, Usher, Future, 2chainz and the likes, I'll be impressed...but here today and gone tomorrow reality stars...Sit. 

Who is JD?

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Who is JD?

Jermaine Dupree

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:39am
Jermaine Dupri..

Honestly..i'm not sure why you would be impressed at all, regardless of who she took pics with. She is obviously a thirst bucket that does the absolute most.

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:39am
Don't waste your breath by responding to her. She was trying to one-up you so you can look on IG to see who she's been hanging with. She's desperate for attention, so your silence will let her know to have several seats.

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Jermaine Dupri..

Honestly..i'm not sure why you would be impressed at all, regardless of who she took pics with. She is obviously a thirst bucket that does the absolute most.

correction...if she was making money being next to them, I'll be impressed, being that that's what she wanted to do soooo bad. So many people have a blog in Atlanta and crowned themselves pr. These reality stars take all the press they can get, they'll get in front of a camera in a minute. Have a camera guy and a mic and you can pretend your way into anything c/d list. I know. :)

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:42am
I wouldn't even bother to respond. Why would I entertain a grown ass woman who is moved by such things?

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:43am
@KK & BQT: Ahhh, THX!

Posted By: tatee
seems like she already got the emotions out of you she wanted.  congratulate her on her business venture, wish her the best and leave it before your nature come out.

Posted By: niecy
Girl don't respond. I don't know why you even considered feeding into her crap seeing as how that's what she more than likely wants you to do anyway.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:46am
What is the big deal about taking a picture or having a drink with a celeb ? Unless they direct deposit in your bank account or help you obtain a big pay check in the business , how can any of that help you in your regular real life ?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:52am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

seems like she already got the emotions out of you she wanted.  congratulate her on her business venture, wish her the best and leave it before your nature come out.
Yep. IA with the rest as well. You sound like a frenemy and that's unhealthy for the both of you.

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:54am
We are not friends.. I hung out with her twice. I forgot about her until she texted me. I didn't even have her number saved anymore. I didn't know it was her until I went to instagram. So apparently she's been thinking of me..

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:57am
grandma cray cray

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Jermaine Dupri..

Worst part is she ain't respecting her age. Nothing worse than a thirsty middle-aged person that don't know how to act. How's a grown ass women not only chasing celebs, but even irrelevant reality "stars"? Pls do yourself a favor and avoid her completely. I have lots of older friends, we learn from each other, I'm guessing your much younger than her to even make this thread, so right now, I'd call her a mental leech on you. 

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 1:54pm
Impressed by celebs like that? Like its hard to meet celebs

Anyway, I'd say, "I'm so happy to see that YOU have reached YOUR pinnacle of success."
Or "I'm so glad ur doing well?"

Be congratulatory, but SHADE HER BACK INTO THE DARK AGES!

Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Impressed by celebs like that? Like its hard to meet celebs

Anyway, I'd say, "I'm so happy to see that YOU have reached YOUR pinnacle of success."
Or "I'm so glad ur doing well?"

Be congratulatory, but SHADE HER BACK INTO THE DARK AGES!

LOL,Clap

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 2:35pm
Ppl like her disgust meDead

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

What is the big deal about taking a picture or having a drink with a celeb ? Unless they direct deposit in your bank account or help you obtain a big pay check in the business , how can any of that help you in your regular real life ?

dayum i finally learned how to highlight remarks in folks posts...LOLLOLLOL

but um yeah what u said aboveThumbs Up

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 12:57am
this is some teenage ish.... 

i cant believe yall are old talkin/actin/feelin like this... 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 1:01am
I took it that she was just updating you...why are you annoyed?

Posted By: honeydrop
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 1:44am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

This

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I took it that she was just updating you...why are you annoyed?

& This

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 2:21am
I had a friend like this. The girl was a terrible friend. Salty, would make rude comments, would offer to give gas money and would only pay less than half (I had to watch this chick pay, that's how bad she was) and sometimes if I had to pick her up, she wouldn't even come out or reply to my calls or texts but she'd be posting on her facebook from the very phone I kept calling.

Finally, I had enough and I broke off the friendship. We didn't talk for many months until one day I get a text from a number I did not recognize and it says some bullish like "heeeey Midna! It's <her>! How have you been? Do you still have your car?"

Ignored. Then a few months later she shows up at my house with an old friend looking for a place to stay. I couldn't house her, I'm not bringing someone into my mama's house. But I decided to help my old friend look for a place so I joined my old friend and the ex-friend in her car looking for help. This girl bought a prius and though I could see it, she was bragging to me about it like I'm supposed to be impressed though my last memory of being in a car with this chick was the accident she got us into when she swerved on the freaking freeway to avoid a dumbass dog instead of BRAKING. And you should have seen the way she was behaving when the car stopped! She was screaming, crying, cursing like Regan with "Captain Howdy", and banging her head on the wheel. The girl has ISSUES.

Anyway, she was bragging to me a bunch of useless crap like she lives in Beverly Hills now which really did not reflect on the decrepit state of her clothes.. or maybe it did LOL, and ugh she was just doing too much and was clearly annoyed at my indifference.

Every once in awhile, I get a number I do not recognize calling me only to hang up and not leave a message. This has been going on for about a couple of years now. 

This same unrecognized Glendale number called me again on Monday, I said hello, I heard a breath and then click! I decided to call back. The call immediately went to voicemail and sure enough, the message greeting was her voice stating her name.

This chick has kept calling me two years after I ended the friendship and I barely found out it was her. Smh.

MORAL OF THE STORY:
OP, this is not a friend. She wants you to kiss her feet despite her clear dependence on you just because of celebs who couldn't give a damn about her.

Don't give her that satisfaction. Your indifference to her proxied "success" will just eat at her. ;D

Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 2:23am
Oh and thankfully with the iOS 7 update, iphones can now block numbers.

So that's the end of that. :D

Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 2:27am
MIDNA...I JUST LOVE STORIES OF UR LIFEApprove

Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 2:35am
Girl, if you see a sign saying "I love crazy people," on my back, please take it off! Somebody has punk'd me, I know it!

I definitely attract crazy, but I'm not sure what is it about me that attracts the crazies. Thankfully, the majority of the people in my life are good, but the crazy have definitely made their mark.

Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Girl, if you see a sign saying "I love crazy people," on my back, please take it off! Somebody has punk'd me, I know it!

I definitely attract crazy, but I'm not sure what is it about me that attracts the crazies. Thankfully, the majority of the people in my life are good, but the crazy have definitely made their mark.

LOLLOLHug<<< a hug from me to you..and yes i will take that sign off... .

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 4:14am
Omg Midna...

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 7:08am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Gurrrrrrllllllllllllllllll.........Disapprove

Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 7:40am
Unless she's the mother of an up and coming reality star, it ain't happening for her....

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Oh and thankfully with the iOS 7 update, iphones can now block numbers.

So that's the end of that. :D
my LG BEEN blocking numbers.  yall need to get wit it.  Anywho, I would have texted the ho & let her know, that I KNOW its her & how corny the childish antics are

Print Page | Close Window