Print Page | Close Window

‘Im 124 sandwiches away from an engagement ri

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364689
Printed Date: Jun 24 2018 at 2:32am

Topic: ‘Im 124 sandwiches away from an engagement ri
Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Subject: ‘Im 124 sandwiches away from an engagement ri
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:41pm

My boyfriend, Eric, is the gourmet cook in our relationship, but he’d always want me to make him a sandwich.

Each morning, he would ask, “Honey, how long you have been awake?”

“About 15 minutes,” I’d reply.

“You’ve been up for 15 minutes and you haven’t made me a sandwich?”

To him, sandwiches are like kisses or hugs. Or sex. “Sandwiches are love,” he says. “Especially when you make them. You can’t get a sandwich with love from the deli.”

One lazy summer afternoon just over a year ago, I finally gave in. I assembled turkey and Swiss on toasted wheat bread. I spread Dijon mustard generously on both bread slices, and I made sure the lettuce was perfectly in line with the neatly stacked turkey slices.

Eric devoured the sandwich as if it were a five-star meal, diving in with large, eager bites. “Babes, this is delicious!” he exclaimed.

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sandwich2.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sandwich2.jpg" rel="nofollow - Modal Trigger

As he finished that last bite, he made an unexpected declaration of how much he loved me and that sandwich: “Honey, you’re 300 sandwiches away from an engagement ring!”

I paused.

Was our happily ever after as simple as making him a few sandwiches?

Our relationship has always centered on food. We met at a restaurant in Chelsea two years ago when a friend I was dining with spotted an Alexander Skarsgård look-alike. An introduction was made, and I found out he’s a computer programmer, a Taurus (or as he says, “What’s that sign for people who don’t believe in astrology?”), obsessed with “Star Wars” and a very good cook.

On our second date, he cooked me dinner — tuna tartare and fresh scallops on a tomato compote. More delicious meals, nearly all of them cooked by him, followed, and soon we were dating seriously. The fact that he could make a perfect filet mignon, not just order one in a steakhouse, was a big turn-on.

A year ago, we moved in together to a sleek place in Brooklyn. We’ve met each other’s parents, traveled internationally without strangling each other and successfully hosted many a dinner party.

Things were moving at a natural pace, but I wondered what it would take for him to propose. I’m in my mid-30s, and my parents have been happily married for more than 35 years. I have always valued the commitment and dedication it takes to get married and stay married. Call me old-fashioned, but I’d like to raise a family with someone who feels likewise.

Maybe I needed to show him I could cook to prove that I am wife material. If he wanted 300 sandwiches, I’d give him 300 sandwiches — and I’d blog about it.

I bought the 300sandwiches.com domain name and a Nikon DSLR. I perused tons of recipe sites and cookbooks for sandwich ideas. I asked friends for suggestions, but some, especially my single friends, were less than supportive of the idea.

“How ‘Stepford Wives’ of you!” said one single gal whose kitchen was used for shoe storage.

Another, a hard-working C-suite banking executive, also objected. “It’s not 1950!” she exclaimed. “It’s chauvinistic! He’s saying, ‘Cook for me, woman, and maybe I’ll make you my wife.’”

My own mother was doubtful. “Honey, can you even cook?” she asked.

“No, but I’ll learn!” I argued.

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sandwich3.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sandwich3.jpg" rel="nofollow - Modal Trigger

I started with the easy things. My second sandwich after the turkey and Swiss was a two-second ice-cream sandwich constructed from Anna’s ginger thin cookies and blackberry currant ice cream. My early thinking was quantity, not quality.

Ten sandwiches or so in, I did the math. Three sandwiches a week, times four weeks a month, times 12 months a year, meant I wouldn’t be done until I was deep into my 30s. How would I finish 300 sandwiches in time for us to get engaged, married and have babies before I exited my childbearing years?

My mother was the voice of reason. “Relationships are a marathon, not a sprint,” she said. “Take it one sandwich at a time.”

I made sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I made sandwiches to get myself out of the doghouse — like No. 67, a scrambled egg, smoked salmon and chive creation that combined some of Eric’s favorite things to make up for my being 45 minutes late for dinner the night before.

Even after covering movie premieres or concerts for Page Six, I found myself stumbling into the kitchen to make Eric a sandwich while I still had on my high heels and party dress.

Making all of these sammies, I’ve learned how much Eric loves sharing cooking with me. He enjoys going to the grocery store with me, picking out ingredients and planning dinners. Though I still want to get engaged and get married and live happily ever after, I’ve also put less pressure on the race to the 300th sandwich and I’m enjoying the cooking experience with Eric.

Today, I’ve made and blogged about 176 sandwiches. Over the months, my creations have grown more complex — lobster rolls, bánh mìs, pulled pork. No matter what’s on the menu, Eric smiles and says thank you. He’s just happy I cook for him at all.

“You women read all these magazines to get advice on how to keep a man, and it’s so easy,” he says. “We’re not complex. Just do something nice for us. Like make a sandwich.”

Replies:
Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:45pm
Da phoque?  Whatever it takes to get that ring huh? 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:46pm
*Pulls up seat with a pitcher of tea*

Big smile

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:48pm
I wouldn't do it but whatever works for them.  He isn't the least bit cute.

ETA: Her sandwiches look really good.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:50pm
whoa, she seems way too good for this.  talk about a creeper.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:51pm
My hubby will slap that sandwich out my hand and tell me to go make rice with some sort of meat.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:53pm
She would of been got the ring if she learned how to cook real meals and give some head...

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

She would of been got the ring if she learned how to cook real meals and give some head...

and with that Im donzo....LOL

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Maybe I needed to show him I could cook to prove that I am wife material. If he wanted 300 sandwiches, I’d give him 300 sandwiches — and I’d blog about it.
 aight then, whatever works for ya. i personally think this "proof" lacks dimension and is obviously sexist on a level, but what do i know? i'm single. !! 
and of course, the awful part of me thought it would be funny if she left him/ he left her after sandwich 300. hahahah!! 

We met at a restaurant in Chelsea two years ago when a friend I was dining with spotted an Alexander Skarsgård look-alike. 
and she's not refering to dude in the pic above is she?  um no ma'am. !!!

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:01pm
She did not compare that mutha ta Alex......that deserves that longest side eye and to most confused WTF......bish done lost her whole mind.....

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

did you go to the website?  breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert sandwiches...they all look delicious.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:06pm
@Wonder, yeah I did.  I made it through the first page before I started getting hungry.

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:06pm
dumb azz..

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

With that hair he don't deserve sh*t but a damn stylist to bring him into 2013.
*Spits out tea*DeadLOL

I just saw his pic...rofl.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:23pm
I didn't read the whole thing but.....it ain't that serious to me.  I mean...I understand he's a haole so we don't approve.  *shrugs* he might have been joking or he might have been serious but then...i've never balked at making a man a sammich.  *shrugs*  Iono....I mean...y'all don't make sammiches for y'all SO's?

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:26pm
Its aint even about the sandwich.....he told her 300 more sandwiches and Ima give you a ring.....

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Its aint even about the sandwich.....he told her 300 more sandwiches and Ima give you a ring.....

Sista gone miracle whip her way to a marriage and greg bradys baby batter...

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:31pm

My boyfriend, Eric, is the gourmet cook in our relationship, but he’d always want me to make him a sandwich.

If Jerome had said some sh!t like this she would of had him and his boxed possessions out in the streetSleepy
But then again Jerome ain't going to guarantee an offspring with 3c hurr.

Get it gurl...I guessErmm

And someone needs to scrub that tea kettle smh...

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:32pm
He wont wife her

Posted By: Geminigirl
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:37pm

she is no head turner herself.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:44pm
I loved every word of this bs.

And lmao at her tossing shade.
“How ‘Stepford Wives’ of you!” said one single gal whose kitchen was used for shoe storage.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

If Jerome had said some sh!t like this she would of had him and his boxed possessions out in the streetSleepy
But then again Jerome ain't going to guarantee an offspring with 3c hurr.

Get it gurl...I guessErmm

And someone needs to scrub that tea kettle smh...

Right 300 sandwiches but a bish will have a fit if a nicca ask her to make one plate.......

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:49pm
This piece is legit hilarious

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:51pm
Cute. I hope he marries her. She clearly loves that mans dirty draws. I wonder what he does to make her wanna make 300 sandwiches? I'm nosey

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:53pm
I won't be getting married. Fuk that. I get annoyed making this nicca canned soup and grilled cheese

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 10:58pm
Something about this just seems so pathetic... like really? Rushing in, still dressed, desperate to make him sandwiches?

Whatever works for her I guess, but it honestly sounds like a joke she took too literally.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:00pm
and she really blogged about it and shared her story... she is making SURE he honors it. 
sad... 

i think it was a joke anyways.. but bishes is desperate for a ring 

Quote “You women read all these magazines to get advice on how to keep a man, and it’s so easy,” he says. “We’re not complex. Just do something nice for us. Like make a sandwich.”

ConfusedErmmSleepy

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Geminigirl Geminigirl wrote:

she is no head turner herself.

um...say what? Confused she's pretty. 

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Cute. I hope he marries her. She clearly loves that mans dirty draws. I wonder what he does to make her wanna make 300 sandwiches? I'm nosey

I want to know too...i skimmed but i didn't see anything about how often he cooks for her and whether he's living up to any odd standard she set. this could've been a cute joke/challenge had he said 30, 40 sandwiches...but three hunnid sosa? no.  

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:18pm

We met at a restaurant in Chelsea two years ago when a friend I was dining with spotted an Alexander Skarsgård look-alike. 

UMMMM.....love is blind, indeed.

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:26pm
so the sammiches stop when she gets the ring? Geek

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:29pm
I aint read  this as theres been many articles of chicks doing shh to get a ring including that "magic roasted " chicken ish but

You telling me she looks at her dude and sees this?

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:31pm
I like the idea of her challenging herself to learn how to cook.Smile

With that being said, he's a cook. He can bring home his own damn sammiches for free. She better take a page from BWOM's playbook, cut that ish out and get that ring another way.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:32pm
*shrugs*  to me it just read as a joke.  Personally if a man tole me he'd marry me at 300 sammiches i'd take it as a joke.   So when sammich 300 roles around....I really ain't expecting nuffin' but "thanks for the sammich".

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:32pm

To him, sandwiches are like kisses or hugs. Or sex. “Sandwiches are love,” he says.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:33pm
^^^^^^^yeah....I did feel some type of way about that.  I understand food is love...it's like that with most cultures with POC but the way he said that....no.   If I make u a sammich because I want to...you'll get more love in it.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

but was he serious?

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:36pm
I had to google Alexander Skarsgård and ........hell no ma'am.  She squinting thru some rose coloured glasses.

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:37pm
This doesn't even make any sense

When he gets the 300th sandwich all he gonna do is ask for another one

Or dump her ass

Posted By: journeytolong
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:41pm
Well when she gets to 300 I want to see the update.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I didn't read the whole thing but.....it ain't that serious to me.  I mean...I understand he's a haole so we don't approve.  *shrugs* he might have been joking or he might have been serious but then...i've never balked at making a man a sammich.  *shrugs*  Iono....I mean...y'all don't make sammiches for y'all SO's?

I don't have a problem making a sandwich for a SO but the premise of making the sandwich in her case doesn't sit well with me. But it is her life and I am probably making an issue of an non-issue.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:49pm

i wonder if he was black if this would be such a 'non-issue'

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:51pm
Dude looks like he's wearing a lacefront...

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:51pm
I'd cater that sh*t, smh.

Actually, no I wouldn't. I don't like the idea of treating a ring/marriage like some kind of goal. If it happens, it happens, but I'm not gonna scream "TOUCHDOWN!" when it does.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Pulls up seat with a pitcher of tea*

Big smile

LMAO...U AND UR DAYUM TEAS....LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

White, black, Indian, Chinese, I would have side-eye him.  But ironically I like to cook in real life (especially baking) and I love getting constructive feedback.  So cooking for a man won't bother me *shrugs*.   I won't be doing it for a ring though.  I know it sounds contradictory but work with me.

What a gorgeous woman though. If it takes that much just for him to consider her marriage material, is he the right one?

I really hope they both realize this is quite ridiculous.

poor lil girls self esteem must be all the way down the sh*tter

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:54pm

nope, it would have to be a gay couple

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:54pm
And how does this ish get published??? how did the media find out?..it's prob in the article of which i don;t feel like reading the whole thing...oh well

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:55pm
that white nicca is ugly.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

UMMMM.....love is blind, indeed.

*CACKLES!!*

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

Dude looks like he's wearing a lacefront...

Co-signing.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 12:00am

*shrugs*  to me it just read as a joke.  Personally if a man tole me he'd marry me at 300 sammiches i'd take it as a joke.   So when sammich 300 roles around....I really ain't expecting nuffin' but "thanks for the sammich".

Yeah, I'd think it was a joke too!

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 12:28am
Damn, her sandwiches look good.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:08am
I had to immediately zoom in on that head. I'm not understanding

umm I wish he would tell me he'll marry me after 300 sandwiches. Ill accept the proposal after 300 pairs of shoes.

I mean, I guess it's cute for them, but I feel like it would annoy me.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:12am
This is what our ancestors fought for

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:19am
dblaldaler

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

And how does this ish get published??? how did the media find out?..it's prob in the article of which i don;t feel like reading the whole thing...oh well

I’d give him 300 sandwiches — and I’d blog about it.

I bought the 300sandwiches.com domain name and a Nikon DSLR.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:23am

“Sandwiches are love,” he says. “Especially when you make them.

I made sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I made sandwiches to get myself out of the doghouse

dang that Brotha playing her like a fiddle, i would hope none of you beautiful bhm women in black on cracka relationships didnt subject yourselfs to such tap dancing tomfoolery for a rang. i think most of u better then that

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:25am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

I’d give him 300 sandwiches — and I’d blog about it.

I bought the 300sandwiches.com domain name and a Nikon DSLR.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:28am
jesus christ them sandwiches on that look appetizing

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:36am
Okay so after looking at that site and knowing that hes a professional cook for a living I dont believe she makes those sandwiches.  I think its a good gimmick they may be using to drum up press and attention and maybe down the road get some kinda cookbook deal or summin....but again i aint read it...so yea...

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:37am
Sandwich #177–”Baked at Halftime” Fried Green Tomato BLT

Sandwich #170–”Small and Sweet” Grilled Peach and Cream Cheese

Sandwich #169–”Pick Pick Pick” Turkey, Fennel and Olive in a Pita

Sandwich #167–”Together Before the Madness Begins” Steak and Tomato Pita Sandwich

Sandwich #155–”Three P’s” Prosciutto, Parmesan and Pesto Croissant sandwich

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:37am
he does look like Alex Skarsgard to me bt then again i think Alex Skarsgard is ugly.  he looks sleepy, stressed, and like he'll fck you in the butt in your sleep and just tell you to go with the flow.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 1:58am
 Sleepy ShockedThat bish stole my fried green tomato BLT!!!!!!!!Sleepy Shocked

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 2:02am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

he does look like Alex Skarsgard to me bt then again i think Alex Skarsgard is ugly.  he looks sleepy, stressed, and like he'll fck you in the butt in your sleep and just tell you to go with the flow.

LOLCryLOLCryLOLCryCry

Even though Mr. Skarsgard is gorgeous

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 2:09am
I find Eric (when hes not being emo)hot...but Alex is a handsome dude.. in the same way I find Sylar sexy as fug not Zachary Q is just a cute guy. Im attracted to their characters more so than them.

I like the darkness although they lack darkness

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 2:20am

If he was black The BHM would still say fucc that gourmet ass ninja he can make his own gaddamn sammiches fucc I look like.  Most of The BHM would still shade her till she froze for lettin' a black man tell her "u been up for 15 minutes where's my sangwich?" but since we're going in on haole's right now ....The BHM (in the 2013) would go a tiny bit easier if it were a black man.  IMO.

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 2:21am
Well we'll see, after all this is bhm home of it was all good just a week ago

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 2:55am

If he was black The BHM would still say fucc that gourmet ass ninja he can make his own gaddamn sammiches fucc I look like.  Most of The BHM would still shade her till she froze for lettin' a black man tell her "u been up for 15 minutes where's my sangwich?" but since we're going in on haole's right now ....The BHM (in the 2013) would go a tiny bit easier if it were a black man.  IMO.

well if the black man had this same job as this white guy and was foine as hell??? would that make a total difference?LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 3:34am

well if the black man had this same job as this white guy and was foine as hell??? would that make a total difference?LOLLOLLOL

LOL in private yes but not out in public.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 3:56am
I'm not that desperate for a ring lol I aint makin sh*ttttttttttt

Posted By: Anah
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 4:09am
1) I hate every single last one of you.
2) This ain't for real. Dis fo press purposes.
3) Lank to haoles first appearance on BHM
4) Muchas gracias and good morning

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 4:28am

Call me old-fashioned, but I’d like to raise a family with someone who feels likewise.

Um, no maam.

Anah- It was a thread about a black woman visiting Hawaii and not seeing any Hawaiians, I think. The Hawaiians used haoles for soul less people/white people.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 5:04am
alla dat for some doofy white guy?

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 5:14am
His ugly ass.  She could do so much better than this bum

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 7:08am
She seem like the type that would be crying on judge Joe brown. And suing him because he didn't propose after the 300th sammich

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 7:26am
She gonna find herself single before the 300 sandwiches are done. She is so dumb, looking like a big ass coon.

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 7:30am
Our relationship has always centered on food. We met at a restaurant in Chelsea two years ago when a friend I was dining with spotted an Alexander Skarsgård look-alike. An introduction was made, and I found out he’s a computer programmer, a Taurus (or as he says, “What’s that sign for people who don’t believe in astrology?”), obsessed with “Star Wars” and a very good cook.

Posted By: Ms_Kudos
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 7:44am
This chic makes me a little upset if she's taking this seriously, ....buttttt I'd DEFINITELY make some of those sandwiches for my dude.  Not some peach and cream cheese one, it'd have to be one of those thick steak ones.

But she started last year, has 124 more to go....so she's looking at another year. SHAME!

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 7:50am
That is one smart crakka...this man has add two years of time to that pre-engagement.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 8:22am
isnt this the story you tell after the weddingLOL or at the least after procuring a ring?

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 8:26am
She was prolly gonna make dem turkey mayo sandwiches anyway

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 8:35am
i just saw a comment on her blog about her having to stay behind for work to cover the mtv video music awards... 

now i definitely think this was just a stunt to get her name out there more-so. 

i knew she couldnt be that dumb... and even if she was.. she probably would have had a little more pride with it and did it in secrecy. 

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 8:56am
I found a recipe for lamb meatballs that was so easy to make, I had dinner ready in 20 minutes, which put me on the couch in time to watch “House Hunters” on HGTV. We had leftovers, so I made E another sandwich for lunch.

I figured since he liked the first  http://300sandwiches.com/sandwich-137-lunch-from-me-to-you-mozzarella-and-olive-tapenade-on-pita/" rel="nofollow - pita sandwich  I made him, he’d devour this one, too.

The next morning, I played good little housewife and assembled a sandwich for my man with the meatballs and homemade yogurt sauce in a pita pocket. It looked so good I wanted to eat it myself, but instead, I handed E the perfectly packed lunch as I kissed him good-bye before work.

The day went on. I wondered what he thought of the meal.

“Did you eat the sandwich I made you for lunch?” I asked when he came home later that night.
“No,” he said flippedly.
“No? Why not?”
He smirked. “Because I forgot it was there.”
“You forgot it was there? You forgot I made lunch for you? You forgot you had a delectable lamb meatball sandwich in your bag all day? Really?”
“Yeah. I did,” He said.
“So is the sandwich still in your bag?”
“No, I threw it out.”

I couldn’t believe the audacity and complete disregard for my efforts. I stood in front him and without moving a muscle, I gave him the what for.

“The sandwich still counts,” I said.
“Yes, honey it stil counts.”

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:05am
This isn't one of those Daily Mail articles? It reads just like one.

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:19am
the most outrageous thing about this article to me is that she thinks he looks like Alexander Skarsgard

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:19am
ty cherry! 
i hella wanted to put a gif like that in there but i was lazy 
its so appropriate.. 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

This isn't one of those Daily Mail articles? It reads just like one.

it does.  i actually looked it because it reads just like one.LOL

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:22am
its a cute idea 

more people need to make sandwiches 

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:23am
shes going to come out with a book

300 sammich recipes

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:25am
http://300cdn.strategicinforma.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/DSC_0776.jpg" rel="nofollow">DSC_0776

For the shrimp buns, I used sriracha mayonnaise as my marinade, which added a nice spicy tang against fried shallot and green onion. A bit of cilantro and peanuts finished it off with a refreshing crunch.
After we’d all devoured the three buns, one of my guests posed a question: “Does this mean you can remake all of your sandwiches up to now onto buns and count them as new sandwiches? You’ll be at 300 in no time.”

“DON’T. EVEN. THINK ABOUT IT,” E declared.

Too bad. Already thinking. I wonder what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a bun would taste like.

Id try this recipe... but if he says these things to her... man.... idk. this is really all for publicity or she is a stupid, stupid, insecure woman 

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

*dead*

and I just started reading the damn thread CryCryCry

Those sandwiches look good as hell tho. On the bright side, if he indeed doesn't marry her (I doubt he will), she can possibly start a new career in food blogging! Star

Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:03am
as im reading more of her lil stories about making the sandwiches and his comments... 
he really is a little rudeish prick. 

there are hella things like "are you gonna cook?!" he said with an annoyed attitude after she was glued to the couch drunk.. she got up and started cooking..  
then he got up to help her cus he saw she was hella tipsy.. but there were still more comments like, "does that look toasted honey? is the oven even on...? right." like just hella attitude for no reason... 

she mentioned that it only came out good cus of him, and she was like, "thanks for your help" and he was like "youre so doing the dishes..." 

there are hella other little comments like that... idk how she doesnt see a problem with this. shes making a fool of herself.. 

ill admit i love when a guy tells me what to do and stuff but there needs to be a certain level of respect.. 
he would have me so fcuked up. he acts like hes entitled to ish and he EXPECTS this ish. and her dumbass is telling the world.. at least she has no shame in her game but scust!

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:18am
*takes notes*

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:18am
This is in her bio: 

Quote I will learn how to cook amazing food, we will learn more about each other, and hopefully my boyfriend will make good on his promise.  

Even if he doesn't, the journey will be tasty enough for me. And I hope for you, too.

Oh girl... Ermm

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:19am
Those sandwiches look good..but he ain't looking for a wife..he looking for a slave. 

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:22am
The sandwiches look yummy.  Nothing to say about the restUnhappy

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Sep 26 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Those sandwiches look good..but he ain't looking for a wife..he looking for a slave. 
and that's the moral of the story. this is a perfect example of why 'woman go make me a sandwich' can be viewed as utterly derogatory.

Print Page | Close Window