Print Page | Close Window

Teen Dies Locked in Car

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364631
Printed Date: Nov 17 2018 at 1:19pm

Topic: Teen Dies Locked in Car
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Teen Dies Locked in Car
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:06am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E1XrPdwmTg" rel="nofollow -

-

Teenage Girl Dies 'Trapped In Locked Car'
The youngster, who weighed less than six stone, was apparently unable to break the car window and free herself on a hot day.A teenage girl has been found dead in a car after apparently being trapped when the locking system allegedly malfunctioned.

Police said the alleged locking problem coupled with the hot weather conditions that day appeared to have contributed to her death.

Graciela Martinez, 14, died in the family's BMW 328i in the car park of Madera South High School in California.

Authorities said she and her brother drove to school together, but Graciela stayed in the vehicle when they arrived because the start of her class was not for another hour.

At the end of school, her brother found her.

Graciela, who weighed less than six stone, had apparently been unable to break the car window and free herself. Her sister Patricia told KMPH: "She was a good sister, and that I loved her. I didn't even get to talk to her. She went in the car and she was dead already.

"She was a nice person. She came from school and then went to work.

"And then after work she would help my mum around the house. She didn't have no problems in school or anything. She had good grades."

Graciela's father told KMPH he bought the car for about $11,000 (£7,000) six months ago from a private party, and there was no indication anything was wrong with the locking system.

When investigators tested the car, they reportedly found that the doors would sometimes lock on the inside and outside when the key was used, disabling the horn and making it almost impossible to escape.

A BMW spokesman told Sky News: "BMW is shocked and saddened by this tragedy.

"Our special product investigation team in North America will fully co-operate and support the local authorities during the investigation.

"Unfortunately, further comment is not possible at this time."

Replies:
Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:10am
Something sounds fishy about this.

An 11,000 dollar BMW for the kids to drive to school but no cell phone for her to call and say she was locked in the car?

May she R.I.P

Posted By: GoldieLocks
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:16am

I was just thinking the same thing...

And 85lbs worth of pressure going into kicking a windshield is not enough to at least shatter it? Too many wtf's in this story... RIP

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:25am
Yeah, this sounds fishy...either she wanted to die or there was some foul play involved...

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

My first thought.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:35am
-so wait, nobody walked by that car in the school parking lot for the entire time school was in session?
-what happened to her cell?

-she planned to stay in the vehicle for an entire hour until her class started?

-ok, so the locking system shut down, did that shut down the engine too? she couldnt start the car? ---

this is too confusing

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:48am
I smell a big collard green boiling pot hamhocks and all full of bull sh!t on that entire story. No cell- no 911, no security circling the school's parking lot? Too many questions and Nawwwwl, Qualy aint buying this, even for free!

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:57am
6 stone = 84 pounds

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

-so wait, nobody walked by that car in the school parking lot for the entire time school was in session?
-what happened to her cell?
-she planned to stay in the vehicle for an entire hour until her class started?
-
ok, so the locking system shut down, did that shut down the engine too? she couldnt start the car? ---

this is too confusing

Im assuming her brother took the keys with him inside.
But yeah it does sound fishy. I dont even like how the sister responded.Confused

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:59am

What the heck does this mean

"I didn't even get to talk to her. She went in the car and she was dead already."

Posted By: Dapheny
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:09am
Nothing seems right about this story....hmmm

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

"I didn't even get to talk to her. She went in the car and she was dead already."

I think it was poorly translated...

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:14am
The hell? Yeah, all this just doesn't add up.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:18am
Freak accidents do happen. Yes this sounds odd but teens are odd.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:24am
Odd, also the locks bring broke...did some rapist sell them the car? Why else would the locks be messed up like that.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:26am
I need to know how old her brother is...

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:39am
Drug use could have been a factor? 
It's just too early to say but it is tragic.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:05pm
This doesn't even make any sense. She couldn't draw any type of attention to the car once she realized she couldn't get out?

And if it was a hot day then why were the windows rolled all the way up anyway?

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

An 11,000 dollar BMW for the kids to drive to school but no cell phone for her to call and say she was locked in the car?

May she R.I.P

it may be a BMW, but at 11,000 i'm guessing they aren't exactly rolling in dough and that bmw wasn't exactly like "waking up in a new bugatti"

also, it was the family's car, not hers. A lot of 14 year olds still don't have cell phones.    

and I watch the ID channel and BMW "accidental malfunctions" have been on there one too many times for me. 

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:13pm
I think someone else was in that car with her at some point in that "hour she didn't have class" and maybe even the car wasn't parked at the school the whole time.

I also think BMW has some things to work on, and if it was a car malfunction, there may be a settlement in the future. 

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:15pm
A baby in a car seat helpless in a hot car is an accidental death.

A 14 y/o teen in a hot car dying just doesn't add up.  She's not helpless.  Aren't the seatbelts metal?  She couldn't smash that glass with a vengence?  Honk the horn for attention?

Geek

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

This doesn't even make any sense. She couldn't draw any type of attention to the car once she realized she couldn't get out?

This is why I thought of drugs, hot boxing in a car?? or the girl may have already been deceased when left in the car.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:25pm
It's possible she went to sleep.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:27pm
do you know how hard it is to kick in a car window?

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Don't you wake up when you get really hot???

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Not that hard. Embarrassed

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:31pm

Don't you wake up when you get really hot???

It can take as little as 10 minutes for the temp inside the car to rise 20 degrees. 20 minutes to rise 30 degrees. By the middle of a short nap, she could have already been disoriented and going through the effects of heat stroke.

http://www.ggweather.com/heat/" rel="nofollow - http://www.ggweather.com/heat/

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:37pm
Re-googling the story, apparently they believe she had been sleeping.

Girl, 14, Dies After Being Trapped In Hot Car With Faulty Locks At School

14-Year-Old Girl Dies
Courtesy Photo
http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/09/13/14-year-old-girl-dies-hot-car-graciela-martinez-madera/" rel="nofollow - http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/09/13/14-year-old-girl-dies-hot-car-graciela-martinez-madera/" rel="nofollow - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhollywoodlife.com%2F2013%2F09%2F13%2F14-year-old-girl-dies-hot-car-graciela-martinez-madera%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2Fpmchollywoodlife.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F09%2Fgraciela-martinez-14-dead-ftr.jpg&guid=3hfCP4yPid2i-0&description=Girl%2C+14%2C+Dies+After+Being+Trapped+In+Hot+Car+With+Faulty+Locks+At%C2%A0School" rel="nofollow -

Graciela’s brother explained that he left her in the car when he went to his first at 6:40 a.m. because her first class was not until 7:40 a.m. Investigators believe that she was sleeping in the car when her brother left. She had no cell phone, water, or food with her in the car.

The heat inside the car rose to upwards of 130 degrees, which investigators believe was the cause of the girl’s death. Medical examiners are still working to determine whether or not she had any other medical conditions that would have caused her death, and an autopsy is underway. She was found covered in sweat in the car by her brother and sister.

Investigators found that there could be a problem with the car’s locks that would have prevented the girl from opening them from the inside, reported http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9245539" rel="nofollow - ABC 30 . They also found that the car’s horn would not work if there were no keys in the ignition.

The teen’s friends and family described her as “reserved,” and worried that she may have waited for help rather than make big efforts to flag someone down or get out.

“There does not appear to be anything criminal in nature at this stage of the investigation,” Police Detective Sgt. Robert Salas said.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

sh*t, I tried to key one and it wasn't as easy as I thought. 

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:50pm

That's what I'm saying...nobody came across that parking lot the entire school day?

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

This is why I thought of drugs, hot boxing in a car?? or the girl may have already been deceased when left in the car.

Im leaning towards this

she's 14 not, 4months

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:53pm
I'm kind of annoyed at all of the skepticism shown for this story. The fact of the matter is this girl was locked in a malfunctioning car. That was why she could not escape.

Car windows are not fragile, they're not supposed to be. They're supposed to be fortified to prevent any minor thing from breaking it. It is not easy to gain the force strong enough to break a car's window from the inside because your space is limited.

I looked up the model and though I don't know what year the car is, here is a 2012 just to be general.
http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/02/27/35148832_OVR_620x433.jpg

This is not a big car. We know she's 84 pounds so she's pretty light and likely did not have the necessary strength required to successfully break the window. Depending on her height, she may not have had enough space to as well.

And if the car didn't have anything solid and big enough she could use to hit the window with, would her hands and feet have been enough? She could bang on the windows all the likes, but unless someone is nearby, there's no hope for her.

This malfunction disabled her very last option for calling for help: the horn.

This freak accident basically removed all options for her escape. I think the most she could have done, if the car has this feature, was put the backseat down, enter the trunk, and use the emergency release handle but not all cars may have this feature, it may have been done in a different way, and a 14-year old may not have such knowledge of it yet.

So I'm really not understanding the skepticism in this particular story. Did I even see someone bring up the possibility of drugs? Confused

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:55pm
theres no way they bought a 2012 bmw for 11k... 
ijs

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

theres no way they bought a 2012 bmw for 11k... 
ijs

I did say just to be general.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:56pm
dp

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:56pm
The skepticism isnt about her. Its the story. I dont understand how nobody happened upon her...how many hours are in a school day?
If the windows were up and no AC was running, it must've been some kind of hot before she fell asleep. I couldnt sleep even in a mildly hot car, and i certainly wouldnt plan to sit and wait an hour in a mildly hot car. But that's just me

sad story anyhow

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I'm kind of annoyed at all of the skepticism shown for this story. The fact of the matter is this girl was locked in a malfunctioning car. That was why she could not escape.

Car windows are not fragile, they're not supposed to be. They're supposed to be fortified to prevent any minor thing from breaking it. It is not easy to gain the force strong enough to break a car's window from the inside because your space is limited.

I looked up the model and though I don't know what year the car is, here is a 2012 just to be general.
http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/02/27/35148832_OVR_620x433.jpg

This is not a big car. We know she's 84 pounds so she's pretty light and likely did not have the necessary strength required to successfully break the window. Depending on her height, she may not have had enough space to as well.

And if the car didn't have anything solid and big enough she could use to hit the window with, would her hands and feet have been enough? She could bang on the windows all the likes, but unless someone is nearby, there's no hope for her.

This malfunction disabled her very last option for calling for help: the horn.

This freak accident basically removed all options for her escape. I think the most she could have done, if the car has this feature, was put the backseat down, enter the trunk, and use the emergency release handle but not all cars may have this feature, it may have been done in a different way, and a 14-year old may not have such knowledge of it yet.

So I'm really not understanding the skepticism in this particular story. Did I even see someone bring up the possibility of drugs? Confused

But why were the windows rolled up? Without the key would she even be capable of rolling the windows down? Was she supposed to just crack the door for ventilation?

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:03pm

But why were the windows rolled up? Without the key would she even be capable of rolling the windows down? Was she supposed to just crack the door for ventilation?

This girl expected to only be in that car for about an hour. If she expected to be in that car for such a short time, I'm guessing she left the windows up because she did not have the key (she'd have to leave the car eventually. It's not safe to leave a car unattended with the windows down) and figured if the temperature got too hot, she'll just open the door and let cooler air come in.

Unfortunately, the car disagreed.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:03pm
I think I see how this could have happened--just a freak accident.

It's sad . 

but if the car was malfunctioning it could have happened. 

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:08pm
Agree with Midna.

People suggesting breaking the window with a seatbelt?Confused

Thing is, people are projecting themselves into a 14-year-old that probably had no idea she was going to die. Of course she knew she was hot, but people, children especially, don't always know they are in mortal danger. It's possible she felt embarrassed more than in fear for her life. So she decided to wait until someone found her as a first option instead of breaking the glass of their families car. Maybe she thought she'd get in trouble and or ridiculed for breaking the window (if breaking the window from her position was even physically possible).

I also don't get the suspicion about no one coming across her in the parking lot. At my HS, kids would have sex and do drugs in the parking lot because no one would be there to catch them.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:09pm
So did her brother leave her asleep in the car?

Posted By: Naturalchick30

Suicide?

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**

The skepticism isnt about her. Its the story. I dont understand how nobody happened upon her...how many hours are in a school day?
If the windows were up and no AC was running, it must've been some kind of hot before she fell asleep. I couldnt sleep even in a mildly hot car, and i certainly wouldnt plan to sit and wait an hour in a mildly hot car. But that's just me

sad story anyhow

At 6:40am? Nah.
Even if the temperature is cool and mild, if the sun comes out a car can get rather hot rather quickly, and if she was already sleep...

However, I do find it extremely negligent on the school's behalf that they didnt notice someone was in a parked car for over 8hrs. 

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:11pm

Agree with Midna.

Thing is, people are projecting themselves into a 14-year-old that probably had no idea she was going to die. Of course she knew she was hot, but people, children especially, don't always know they are in mortal danger. It's possible she felt embarrassed more than in fear for her life. So she decided to wait until someone found her as a first option instead of breaking the glass of their families car. Maybe she thought she'd get in trouble and or ridiculed for breaking the window (if breaking the window from her position was even physically possible).

I also don't get the suspicion about no one coming across her in the parking lot. At my HS, kids would have sex and do drugs in the parking lot because no one would be there to catch them.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Suicide?

I was assuming that English is his second language. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:12pm
Yea, no.
It's not the school's fault.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:19pm

Agree with Midna.

well

those are all your thoughts though random. we dont know that those are the facts. people are curious and asking questions, i dont know if thats a bad thing.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:20pm
So the car did not have a horn either I am assuming..

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by GoldieLocks GoldieLocks wrote:

Quote When investigators tested the car, they reportedly found that the doors would sometimes lock on the inside and outside when the key was used, disabling the horn and making it almost impossible to escape.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:22pm

Agree with Midna.

well

those are all your thoughts though random. we dont know that those are the facts. people are curious and asking questions, i dont know if thats a bad thing.

We don't know if they are facts. But they are the most logical and likely possibilities.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:23pm
regular accidents attract questions. even moreso do freak accidents.

a family friend some years ago had his 14 year old son die by decapitation right there in his house while he was downstairs. It drew questions, naturally. The boy and his sister were upstairs....the boy went to get something from the top of the closet...stood on the chair wrong and by the time his sister heard the crash and the gurgling, he had fallen right unto some glass by the closet. it sliced right into his neck. his head was almost off. the boy died in the mere minutes before his father got upstairs, as his sister screamed

Was it tragic? Very. Was there foul play? No.
Did people ask questions?
of course

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:24pm

Quote When investigators tested the car, they reportedly found that the doors would sometimes lock on the inside and outside when the key was used, disabling the horn and making it almost impossible to escape.

Thank you for pulling that out for me, but I still dont see what the door malfunctioning had to do with the electrical component and fuse dealing with the horn as well, but then again I do not know much about cars. And why didn't she pull the back seat down and pop the trunk to escape?

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:25pm
People can feel free to question everything. But drugs, suicide, foul play by the brother, aliens, and whatever else seems like a huge stretch when there are already answers to the big questions. A car can rise 20 degrees in 10 minutes. Horn disabled. Doors locked. Malfunctioning car that was tested and demonstrated in the video.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:29pm

People can feel free to question everything. But drugs, suicide, foul play by the brother, aliens, and whatever else seems like a huge stretch when there are already answers to the big questions. A car can rise 20 degrees in 10 minutes. Horn disabled. Doors locked. Malfunctioning car that was tested and demonstrated in the video.

That's true I think I believe now she was just scared, and did not want to cause damage to the car trying to get out. In the mean time she probably figured that she would try to tough it out until someone noticed, which sadly was not soon enough...

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:29pm

Thank you for pulling that out for me, but I still dont see what the door malfunctioning had to do with the electrical component and fuse dealing with the horn as well, but then again I do not know much about cars. And why didn't she pull the back seat down and pop the trunk to escape?

Both are electric. Tongue

I brought up that possibility, but she may not have known of that feature. Heck, I discovered that feature myself at age 19. That's not information readily told to one another because we like to think we're not going to enter situations that require such methods of escape, especially when you're quite young and still developing.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:30pm

Thank you for pulling that out for me, but I still dont see what the door malfunctioning had to do with the electrical component and fuse dealing with the horn as well, but then again I do not know much about cars.

My mom hates cars that are so electrical. She likes being able to manually roll windows up and such. Her reasoning "if one thing breaks, everything breaks."

@ Wildfire, awful story. Sorry to hear that.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:32pm

Yep yep. It is natural to question such events.. but man, some 'o you were reaching hardcore.

Plus she's 14. She's going to think differently than your fully developed brains would.

If she did try to break the window, I'm very sure she would have initially hesitated because 'Daddy just bought this car six months ago, I don't want to get in trouble for breaking the window.'

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 1:45pm
does anyone carry one of those window break tools in their car? I keep saying I should get one because that is one of my fears/irrational. 
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-in-1-Dynamo-Light-Car-Auto-Window-Breaker-Punch-Seat-Belt-Cutter-Escape-Tool-/250896075022" rel="nofollow">3 in 1 Dynamo Light, Car Auto Window Breaker Punch, Seat Belt Cutter Escape Tool

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 3:22pm
My ex got me something like this. http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-318403.html" rel="nofollow - Pocket Knife- Glass Breaker- Seat belt cutter

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 3:25pm
Making sure I have something in my car... just in case

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

My ex got me something like this. http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-318403.html" rel="nofollow - Pocket Knife- Glass Breaker- Seat belt cutter

that looks nice (deadly)
I want.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 3:55pm
Niccas and science. Smh

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:51pm
That is very weird

Why was she sitting in a car with the windows up if it was so hot?

Hmm

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 6:19pm
Just a thought...it is a BMW afterall. Maybe, he had the AC on while driving since it was hot outside, so when he got out, it wasn't immediately hot.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 6:28pm
this is so sad.  madera is in a valley so it's very hot.  she was probably no stranger to sitting in hot cars, so maybe the thought of even getting out wasn't really an issue to her until it became unbearable. no one expects to die this way.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 6:48pm
I have one on my key chain...something about being trapped in the car submerged in water.

Posted By: laddie
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 9:06pm
I've been trapped in a BMW. The passenger door couldn't open. It's scary. Luckily, the horn still worked and the other doors worked, too.

But, nonetheless it was frightening experience.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:15pm
I love our conspiracy theoristsThumbs Up
Leave it to us because we'll figure it out.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:24pm
I'm claustrophobic so I know I'd have brought some attention to myself because I'd have been in a panic.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:28pm
I remember my ex locked me in his car as a joke. I don't think cars should have that feature. Why is that even a feature? It's not safe.

But R.I.P poor girl

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:31pm
i can certainly see why people are raising an eyebrow at this story, but do also understand that freak accidents happen.

i hope a thorough investigation is done to determine what is truth.

either way, a poor girl has died. tragic.

Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 10:42pm

but if we always just talked with logic and facts, the board would be deader than it already is and most threads wouldn't go pass page 2
gotta throw some crazy in for good measure

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:37pm
Nobody in the school missed her?  Nobody called role call? Nobody ain't stop her brother at some point during they day and say "Aay!!  Where's Graciela?  she not in school today?"  Did she not have any friends?

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 1:00am
We ask questions because we don't want to believe it can happen to us or somebody we know. It was a horrible way to die. Locked in a hot car so close to people and you can scream , kick, cry and yell but nobody hears you.

We have that orange hammer in our car. I brought one after watching that Oprah show about it years ago. Also it is a good idea to check and see if your trunk has a safety release just in case. Watch YT videos on how to escape from a car if it fall into water. Mythbusters also did test on this. We should all learn how to get out and spread the word.

And since we are talking about freak accidents. Make sure you bolt your dressers and bookcases to the wall. My husband has a co-worker lose her friend when a bookcase fell down in front of a door and knocked over a candle. She was stuck in the room and died. If the bookcase was bolted to the door then she might have had a chance to escape the fire.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:35am
Speaking of that orange hammer .. I have a BMW 300 series and it comes with that little hammer. I live in a country that has a lot of waterways so I always think about how to escape from a car in an emergency.

So... do they not have the little orange hammers in BMW's in The States?

Anyway, these kind of things really DO happen - no need to be suspicious.

It's called a Freak accident.

Date Posted: Sep 25 2013 at 5:42am
^^^7 years ago this guy fell in one of the canals in his little red handicap car. He didn't have power windows but it was dark, cold and he didn't have any legs.

Print Page | Close Window