Print Page | Close Window

Chris Brown Jet magazine interview .

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364562
Printed Date: Oct 17 2017 at 8:14am

Topic: Chris Brown Jet magazine interview .
Posted By: india100
Subject: Chris Brown Jet magazine interview .
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:09pm
Chris Brown says he identifies with Trayvon Martin, calls out Jay Z in new interview
September 20th, 2013
09:46 PM ET

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/20/chris-brown-trayvon-martin-jay-z/" rel="nofollow - Chris Brown says he identifies with Trayvon Martin, calls out Jay Z in new interview

Every time Chris Brown opens his mouth, he seems to stir up controversy. In a cover story for the October 14th issue of "JET" magazine, the 24-year-old R&B superstar raises eyebrows yet again. He gamely tackles questions about his messy love life and how he’s attempted to move forward after the 2009 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2013%2F02%2F08%2Fshowbiz%2Fcelebrity-news-gossip%2Frihanna-chris-brown-through-the-years%2Findex.html&ei=lvo8UvP5Cob28wSBjIGoDA&usg=AFQjCNFj8YIclhK4DBLc41a3wvGd-UAJXg&sig2=Y-WM5UmcLv-1vogIeBXXig&bvm=bv.52434380,d.eWU" rel="nofollow - Rihanna “incident” – then says he identifies with http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html" rel="nofollow - Trayvon Martin because of his own struggles with racism, calls out Jay Z for his thug past and seems to liken his bad rep to the relationship between a slave and his master.

Here are some of the more interesting quotes from Brown’s interview:

On whether he relates to the everyday struggles of other young African-American males like Trayvon Martin:
“I identify with Trayvon 100 percent as far as living in 2013 and still dealing with blatant racism. This generation is so used to racism that it’s normal; we don’t care. We aren’t on drugs or catching AIDS, but they still look at us as ni**as.”

On whether it’s possible to mend his rocky relationship with the press:
“This is something I’ve been dealing with for the past maybe five years. Anybody with a voice – Tupac, Michael Jackson, the Notorious B.I.G. – gets formatted…except maybe for Jay Z, who is accepted by White America because he shakes hands and kisses babies. No disrespect, because I’m a fan, but nobody brings up the fact that he stabbed somebody and sold drugs. He gets a pass.”

On when he decided to change his attitude:
“I got to the point where it’s only so much you can take from the master, you feel me? I’ve taken my fair share of lashings. I’ve dealt with the media. Instead of being an artist, I’ve been called a woman beater; I’ve been insulted in public and judged. And being able to not want to kill yourself at the end of the day is what made me say, ‘F**k it.’”

The spotlight on Brown will be intense for the next few months. The singer-turned-actor’s new movie, “Battle of the Year,” just hit theaters this weekend, and his sixth studio album, “X,” is due later this year. In the meantime, the Grammy winner is tired of folks expecting him to apologize for his bad boy behavior.

“I’m not perfect, and I don’t have to be,” he tells JET. “We are supposed to make mistakes. I’m not an android or a robot.”

Replies:
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:11pm

I am not feeling his comparison to Trayvon . Thumbs Down

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:36pm
Im not offended by anything he said. Jet tried it though.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

They did.......

Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

You may be right . I can't understand why Trayvon and blacks not catching AIDS was talked about at the same time .  I guess chris allowed random questions that where group together .

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:56pm
Jet should be ashamed of themselves for that title  on the cover and CB needs to stop doing interviews like that.

Posted By: hautsdeseine
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:57pm
I agree with what he said about Jay Z. People wanna make Jay Z look lile he is a Role Model

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:02pm
To his credit he has not hit a woman since Stern Smile

He has to realize how hateful White people are. Yea they are racist but you gave them fuel, realize that. Now they're will never forget or forgive your "mistake" because you make them feel better about themselves.

Now how can you make yourself feel  better about yourself?

Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Jet should be ashamed of themselves for that title  on the cover and CB needs to stop doing interviews like that.
I agree .

Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

He has to realize how hateful White people are. Yea they are racist but you gave them fuel, realize that. Now they're will never forget or forgive your "mistake" because you make them feel better about themselves.

Clap 

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:12pm
But, he is a woman beater as well as an artist. Oh well.

Other than that, I liked his interview. Seemed very candid.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:19pm

I get what you're saying but talk about setting the bar effing low.DeadLOL

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:21pm
We got to meet them where they're at cc... we gotta meet them where they're at LOL

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:28pm
He brought this on his damn self. Stop acting like a emotional idiot and just do your music.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:29pm
LOL

Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

But, he is a woman beater as well as an artist. Oh well.

Other than that, I liked his interview. Seemed very candid.
I guess chris thinks people should forget about his DV. Never going to happen .

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 7:29pm
Lol he kinda came for Jayz .
I like Chris Brown interviews in general

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 7:31pm
I thinks it's the hypocrisy of it all. I mean, you have women beaters, other deviants, and drug dealers spreading out about Chris Brown.

It would be like George Zimmerman blasting that 80 year old man for killing the 13 yr old.

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:21pm
I wonder how much editing they had to do to that photo to make it look like he's not on drugs. 

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:36pm
He's been in the industry how long? And he doesnt know by now that people wont forget the fcksh*t he's done if he keeps on doin fcksh*t?

I'm so bored of him at this point. Whining about this sh*t isnt going to change is circumstances, so he needs to stop and focus on making decent music and, like Jay-Z and Robert Downey, jr. (he's mentioned him before in his whining), rehab his fckin image. 

It's obvious that he's being disproportionately targeted in the media because he's black, but nicca, stahp.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by hautsdeseine hautsdeseine wrote:

I agree with what he said about Jay Z. People wanna make Jay Z look lile he is a Role Model

Yeah, he brought up a great point.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:48am

he can start do like jayz is doing and start kissing those white babies...

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 7:30am
I don't see a problem with what he said..Jet trynna be controversial though.

Date Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by hautsdeseine hautsdeseine wrote:

Yeah, he brought up a great point.
I agree. Jay Z money and marraige to Beyonce made the gangster look like a good guy .

Print Page | Close Window