Print Page | Close Window

Women whove had Epidurals

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364354
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 12:53pm

Topic: Women whove had Epidurals
Posted By: ChubbyYeti
Subject: Women whove had Epidurals
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:28pm
For anyone whose had an epidural, when during the labor did you receive it? Did you receive it soon after requesting or did it take awhile? Did you feel any pain after the epidural and if so how would you describe it? Did the epidural wear off and if so did they immediately redo it?

I'm trying to get as much info on this as possible. I'm taking an epidural class in a few months and plan to get an epidural because I'm terrified of the pain.

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:43pm
Don't do it.......my sister had one and two natural......and she said the natural births were easier...........

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:45pm
You have to be dialated so many centimeters 5 I think. It really slows down the birth

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:53pm
I hear you have to get a catheter when you get an epidural.  You can't feel your urges to go....

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:53pm
im talkin pregnancy 1 and 2

well it takes them a while to prepare everything. the first time i was half sleep plus they already gave me a pain killer so i didnt take notice. the second time i was in pain so 2 mins was too long for me.LOL

the first time no i didnt feel any pain.
2nd time that ish wore off and i had to be give more ever 30 mins. ugh. my boy did thatSleepy it was weird i had this annoying numbness that i didnt have the first time.

extra stuff: if feels grrrrrrrrooooos when they put it in. wet cold squishy stuff in your spinal fluid ugh. they have you hunch over so they can put the needle in your back..it sounds scary but its not. they're like dont move..or else...but i had nurse holding my shoulders down and kids dad..so i flinched slightly. but i'd take it again in a heartbeat. i've always said they should bottle it and sell it to me only.LOL

Geek

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:57pm
You'll need it. Let them give it to You. It works.

Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

You have to be dialated so many centimeters 5 I think. It really slows down the birth

That what my sister says.......

Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Don't do it.......my sister had one and two natural......and she said the natural births were easier...........

I've heard that, but I can't even think about doing it natural, way to scared. If it was up to me I would have a c-section.

Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:02pm
Your body was made for it......don't fear the pain embrace it......and trust you do not want a c-section......my aunt was in real tears after that.........recovery was no joke....

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:12pm
Epidural is God sent. Ask for it Immediately and you wont feel a thing. Everyone told me I wasn't a real women for asking for Epidurals so I said ok my last baby I won't ask for one. That 1st contraction I was like whew I can do this. Breathe in and breathe out. The 2nd one hit I was like urrrrg channeling Mike Tyson and wonder woman at the same time. That 3rd one hit I almost removed my hubbys balls. Anything I could grab I was grabbing and biting on a towel. The 4th one came and I was like efff that. Nurse where is the damn doctor. I told them give me the EPIDURAL right now or I'm destroying this room. 5th one was about to hit and by now my wig is on the floor, I took off all my clothes and I was yelling like a crazy woman knocking stuff over. The doc came with the drugs and after that I was a peaceful patient saying yes ma'am and please after every sentence.LOL

ETA: I have a juicy cooch so the baby came slipping out with only 2 pushes. I didnt feel a thang with any of my kids after the liquid crack is inserted.

Posted By: yellalady08
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:12pm
I said the same thing. That was some good sleep. I would love to have small doses in pill form. The liquid is cokld and it feels weird going in. If you are in serious labor that shot won't hurt at all. With my first baby I didn't feel anything after the medication started working. It was a serious calming. I went to sleep and they had to wake me to start pushing.

With my second. God bless me. It only stopped the contractions. I could feel Everyrhing else. EVERYTHING. I was a cursing fool. I heard that was normal with the second and they are usually born quicker. She came out 4 minutes after I started pushing.

Congrats . I wish you the best safe and fast labor possible.

Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Epidural is God sent. Ask for it Immediately and you wont feel a thing. Everyone told me I wasn't a real women for asking for Epidurals so I said ok my last baby I won't ask for one. That 1st contraction I was like whew I can do this. Breathe in and breathe out. The 2nd one hit I was like urrrrg channeling Mike Tyson and wonder woman at the same time. That 3rd one hit I almost removed my hubbys balls. Anything I could grab I was grabbing and biting on a towel. The 4th one came and I was like efff that. Nurse where is the damn doctor. I told them give me the EPIDURAL right now or I'm destroying this room. 5th one was about to hit and by now my wig is on the floor, I took off all my clothes and I was yelling like a crazy woman knocking stuff over. The doc came with the drugs and after that I was a peaceful patient saying yes ma'am and please after every sentence.LOL

ETA: I have a juicy cooch so the baby came slipping out with only 2 pushes. I didnt feel a thang with any of my kids after the liquid crack is inserted.

Too funny. I've been reading stories where the doctor has to cut the epidural off when it's time to push because they couldn't feel anything to push. I swear my doctor will be cussed out if she tries to do this.

Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:19pm
^^ oh yeah. the first time they had to tell me when to push. lmao. i had finally gotten some sleep...good times.
lmao @ sugar she aint lying. that stuff will tame the beast in you.LOLCry

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:22pm
I have had one epidural and 5 spinals, the epidural was not a big deal for me. I went fast with my first so I got my epi at 7cm and my sons heart started to drop due to cord compression so by the time I could push the epi had worn off and I felt everything when pushing. I have a high pain tolerance and it wasn't so bad but I really don't remember since it was almost 11yrs ago.

Keep in mind they have walking epidurals so if your hospital offers that might be a better choice so you can help bring the baby down with walking and your labor hopefully won't stall.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

I hear you have to get a catheter when you get an epidural.  You can't feel your urges to go....

The worst feeling in the world is when they take out that catheter and trying to pee afterward. That pain is no joke.... I

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:11am
[QUOTE=reesegurl11] I have had one epidural and 5 spinals, the epidural was not a big deal for me. I went fast with my first so I got my epi at 7cm and my sons heart started to drop due to cord compression so by the time I could push the epi had worn off and I felt everything when pushing. I have a high pain tolerance and it wasn't so bad but I really don't remember since it was almost 11yrs ago.

Keep in mind they have walking epidurals so if your hospital offers that might be a better choice so you can help bring the baby down with walking and your labor hopefully won't

What is the difference between the epidural and the spinal? Also if anyone else knows, what types of other medicine do they have for pain management besides the epidural?

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:10am
^^^They gave me Demerol...but that was 20yrs ago

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:19am
I got it after I was 5 cm I think (this was a couple years ago). It was great! JUST WONDERFUL! I was able to breath at last without feeling pain, watch a movie and talk. My husband was able to sit down and stop fanning me with a paper (note to self: bring fan next time).

It was turned off when it was time to push which was only an hour and a half after I got the epidural. It was so painful but I can understand why they needed to do it but I still hate it. It hurt so much! But I was able to feel everything and that did help me push (3x Thumbs Up ) and get that boy out.

Next time as soon as I walk in I will ask for one. I won't wait around and try natural. It is just not for me at all. It took two hours for the person to do it to get to me Angry so I am placing my order early since I know what is in store.

Ladies on page 1 are right..it feels so good. Also I was able to go to the bathroom but if you can't get up and go or feel it..it does not matter. Those nurses and doctors have seen and heard it all.

Also congrats on the baby, may it be quick, easy and healthy birth/baby Star

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:51am
Oh okay. Anything else. I want to try without the epidural

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:01am
The epidural was the worse idea a ever made. it made everything but my contractions numb. I wasn't able to move my legs... I couldn't feel anything while I was pushing. it sucked.

Posted By: marnee
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:11am
i was 1cm dialated with my son
right before c section with my daughter

Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:38am
Wasn't too painful, results in 10 mins...my legs were numb for maybe 8-10 hours. I told my nurse she couldn't put my catheter in until I got the epidural.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:43am
this is making my body hurt I'm due in January

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:51am
If they told me to make a choice of picking an epidural or being bald.......I will simply tell them to give me the epidural and pass me a wave brush and mac makeup. I will be the flyest bald bytch on earth!

Posted By: candyrainz_409
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 11:53am
Damn its that bad? I'm scurred...

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:11pm
Had epi's with both pregnancies the 1st went smooth, the 2nd didn't. Please be aware of your body & don't let anyone do ANYTHING to you prior to the epi kicking in. With my son I scheduled his birth. I had to have an amniocenteses even tho you could see the boys extremities through my stomach (he was 9.3oz & 23" long!!) Anyway after the amino, the anesthesiologist came in & inserted the needle, well I had had this done before & something didn't feel right. He proceeds to give me the "test" which was running a wet cotton ball down my legs, he then asked me did I feel it, I said yes, you're running a cold cotton ball down my leg. He goes "oh okay it will take a few mins for it to "kick in"...Stern Smile Welp those few mins never came. They wheel me in the OR strap me down and begin the surgery. The first slice, I started screaming bloody murder & tried my hardest to get up & get the hell up outta there!! I was trashing around screaming you're cutting me open!! The next thing I knew the gas mask came & I was knocked out! I never saw my son being born...very very devastating!

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Had epi's with both pregnancies the 1st went smooth, the 2nd didn't. Please be aware of your body & don't let anyone do ANYTHING to you prior to the epi kicking in. With my son I scheduled his birth. I had to have an amniocenteses even tho you could see the boys extremities through my stomach (he was 9.3oz & 23" long!!) Anyway after the amino, the anesthesiologist came in & inserted the needle, well I had had this done before & something didn't feel right. He proceeds to give me the "test" which was running a wet cotton ball down my legs, he then asked me did I feel it, I said yes, you're running a cold cotton ball down my leg. He goes "oh okay it will take a few mins for it to "kick in"...Stern Smile Welp those few mins never came. They wheel me in the OR strap me down and begin the surgery. The first slice, I started screaming bloody murder & tried my hardest to get up & get the hell up outta there!! I was trashing around screaming you're cutting me open!! The next thing I knew the gas mask came & I was knocked out! I never saw my son being born...very very devastating!

OMG.  Did you sue?  This sounds traumatizing. 

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:19pm
No I didn't, was very young & my sister worked @ the hospital & she was acting like miss celle when I was crying to her telling her what happened. I honestly just wanted to get the hell out of that hell hole! The bad thing was, after I came to, I couldn't speak, I guess they had to intubate me & in doing so, cut the back of my throat, it was the worse experience...

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:56pm
I didn't have one with my son, even though I begged for one. I honestly contemplated suicide with that labor. With my daughter, I got one at about 5 /7 centimeters and was in heaven. I couldn't feel my legs but was still able to push and if her 8lb 12oz fat butt hadn't been Sunny Side Up & had to turn, labor with her wouldve way shorter than with my 8lb 5oz son. But the 1st baby usually has a longer labor.

I don't regret my epidural and my daughter had a perfect Apgar score.
Every woman is different and every labor is different. I just knew I didn't want to experience pain so great that it made me want to kill myself again so before it got to that point, I asked for the epi and got it. But the 1st labor as Pitocin induced and that makes a big difference. The contractions are a lot more brutal in induced labor.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:58pm
My cousin wanted to do all natural. By the time I got to the hospital to stay with her, she was smiling and looked all happy. My mom then told me that she got an epidural after she felt the contractions. She was passed out sleeping when the baby was crowning. When she was done delivering, her legs were numb so she couldn't move and the nurse had to bring her a bedside pan to pee in every once in awhile. She didn't get a catheter.

Child birth scares me. My friend said she went crashing on the floor when she felt the contractions and her husband had to pick her up to put her in the car. But I have another person that said natural birth wasn't that bad and she tore a little bit (ouch). She said her first time she gave birth she got an epidural and she tore a lot because she couldn't feel herself pushing so she over did it. Guess everyone is different.

Im tender headed so I know my pain tolerance is low. I can barely stand getting weaves and cornrows how the hell am I going to give birth? Epidural all the way.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:10pm
I honestly don't think my pain tolerance is all that high, but everyone I know has had issues with epidurals and hat just scares me. I don't want to be in unbearable pain. I have have extremely bad menstrual cramps. I throw up everything and get extremely sick. I ain't walk or anything the pain is so bad. So just imagining labor makes me feel like it will be worse than that, which I don't think I can handle. I'm just torn. I don't want to not be able to use my legs....

Eta: I know labor can be excruciating pain, so I know it's worse than cramps

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the stories ladies, I'm hearing more good than bad unlike the pregnancy forums where it seems 9/10 Epidurals are bad.

This is eleviating my fear somewhat.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:34pm
Please take the EPI . I snatch a track off the nurse head at 2 cm . Never allow the doc's to induce labor unless your baby life is in danger. Make sure the Anesthesiologist is close by if they give you too little meds . I felt pain from hell with the Afterbirth . The Epidural did not last for the 80 minutes i went through to have India . I plan to have one more next year with pain meds .

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

Thanks for the stories ladies, I'm hearing more good than bad unlike the pregnancy forums where it seems 9/10 Epidurals are bad.

Yeah these responses are better. Everyone in preggo forums says trit horrible, no don't do it

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

[QUOTE=reesegurl11] I have had one epidural and 5 spinals, the epidural was not a big deal for me. I went fast with my first so I got my epi at 7cm and my sons heart started to drop due to cord compression so by the time I could push the epi had worn off and I felt everything when pushing. I have a high pain tolerance and it wasn't so bad but I really don't remember since it was almost 11yrs ago.

Keep in mind they have walking epidurals so if your hospital offers that might be a better choice so you can help bring the baby down with walking and your labor hopefully won't

What is the difference between the epidural and the spinal? Also if anyone else knows, what types of other medicine do they have for pain management besides the epidural?

Sorry I just saw your post

An epi numbs from the waist down and you have a catheter in your back to get continuos meds if needed and a spinal is one shot that numbs from about mid chest and down. It also takes longer for the spinal to ware off.

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:18pm
if i didn't have an epidural, idk how i would have gotten through it. seriously. every time the doc checked me to see how far i was dialated, i had a panic attack. getting that epi allowed me to calm down and focus.

i got a full epidural by request. so i didn't feel anything. it slowed down my labor significantly and i got pictocin. i got a catheter after the epi. when it was time to push, they dialed back the dosage so i could feel the pressure.

i checked into the hospital @ 9am and had him right before 8pm. i pushed for 20min.

for me, trying to do that first poop afterwards was scarier than the labor LOL (hint: don't skimp on the stool softeners)

when he was 3 months, i had a twinge at the epi spot but that has been it.

have yall looked into water births? i hear wonderful things about them. and walking epidurals are a good inbetween. my best friend had one and she hobbled around the halls until she was ready to push and w/3 pushes, the baby was out.

just do what is best for YOU. no one else is having that baby but you, and we can only give you our personal stories. don't listen to women saying that you're not a real woman if you don't go at it naturally. (hint: if the baby is coming out of your body, you are a real woman)

i bet eve herself would have considered an epidural.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:37pm

Yeah these responses are better. Everyone in preggo forums says trit horrible, no don't do it

preggo forums are horrible w/ their mommy wars and ish.

i think it's a lot of mob mentality going on there w/ regards to what kind of birth you should have and what you should feed your baby and whether or not you should be a SAHM. sleep training is a big one as well.

a lot of guilt tripping goes on and people refuse to accept that one way isn't the best for everyone.

i quit going on them when a lot of ppl jumped on this one poster asking for advice for the best diaper (huggies v. pampers) and called her a bad mom for not cloth diapering.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

just do what is best for YOU. no one else is having that baby but you, and we can only give you our personal stories. don't listen to women saying that you're not a real woman if you don't go at it naturally. (hint: if the baby is coming out of your body, you are a real woman)
Lamp

This thread has been informative!

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:50pm

preggo forums are horrible w/ their mommy wars and ish.

i think it's a lot of mob mentality going on there w/ regards to what kind of birth you should have and what you should feed your baby and whether or not you should be a SAHM. sleep training is a big one as well.

a lot of guilt tripping goes on and people refuse to accept that one way isn't the best for everyone.

i quit going on them when a lot of ppl jumped on this one poster asking for advice for the best diaper (huggies v. pampers) and called her a bad mom for not cloth diapering.

See that's the ish I don't like. Thy jump down throats for just asking advice. I tell the judgemental bitches to stay in a different sub forum and away from us if they gon' act like that. They also get cussed out with the quickness.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:01pm
yeah that ish is annoying.

and i think the majority of the ppl that do that don't practice what theypreach.

bhm may be a lot of things, but i think posters here have given out pretty sound advice when it comes to labor/childbirth and basic questions and is somewhat non-judgemental on stuff like diapering

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:05pm
SN: I think I want to use cloth diapers.
My friend did it and it wasn't as expensive or messy or whatever I thought it would be.

I will try it when I'm a mama.

Im more in fear of the epidural.
Ill probably TRY to do a natural birth.
Idk though my mother and older sister have a much higher pain tolerance so I'm not sure ....
They are just tougher in general than I am

My mother thinks people fake scream for theatrics while giving birth lol

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Lamp

true that. LOL i claim natural cause i didnt have a c-section..heck thats they way they ask at your follow up appts anyways. dont let some ol hag tell you otherwise.

ahhh babies... i love being pregnant. just gettin them out is slightly annoying. i swear i was pushin for 10 mins and i look up...and the nurses and docs are readin the paper.LOL i said is he comin out? they're like no.Ermmwe'll i had that dream. maybe baby 3 is in the near future.ConfusedBig smile

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

My friend did it and it wasn't as expensive or messy or whatever I thought it would be.

I've been buying a boxes of diapers every other week. By the time the baby is here I'll have so many diapers (they are expensive). One couple I know had a diaper baby shower and everyone just brought diapers as a gift.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:08pm
I think it's best to ask the women in your family.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:11pm

I've been buying a boxes of diapers every other week. By the time the baby is here I'll have so many diapers (they are expensive). One couple I know had a diaper baby shower and everyone just brought diapers as a gift.

When I stroll pass the baby aisles ,I stare in awe of how expensive baby things are in general lol.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Lamp

true that. LOL i claim natural cause i didnt have a c-section..heck thats they way they ask at your follow up appts anyways. dont let some ol hag tell you otherwise.

ahhh babies... i love being pregnant. just gettin them out is slightly annoying. i swear i was pushin for 10 mins and i look up...and the nurses and docs are readin the paper.LOL i said is he comin out? they're like no.Ermmwe'll i had that dream. maybe baby 3 is in the near future.ConfusedBig smile

Really!!!?!?!??

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

Sorry I just saw your post

An epi numbs from the waist down and you have a catheter in your back to get continuos meds if needed and a spinal is one shot that numbs from about mid chest and down. It also takes longer for the spinal to ware off.

Oh okay. Thank You

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:17pm
def. try it!

i started off cloth diapering during the day and wearing a disposable at night for the first 3 months. i ended up switching to disposables b/c of the convenience, better absorbency and the sheer amount of laundry that i had to do.i think that if i was a SAHM, i would have stuck with it.

it is a lot easier that i thought it would be, esp if you do the prefolded ones. and have a diaper service. 

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:21pm

that's a really good plan. be sure to buy diff. sizes. they don't stay in the NB or size 1 for long!

target brand diapers and wipes are really good. the wipes are really soft and the diapers have held the poops really good. IMO, they rank right below pampers and huggies.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:25pm
I'm extremely afraid of childbirth :(
I know when that day comes I'm going to have to anoint myself with oil and say a few prayers like I'm going off to war. 
God bless yall that already went through it... 

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:26pm
Lol lady Ice. Reading the newspaper?!

Ladybird, you go girl. I just saw a segment on how cloth diapers work and all the fun details associated with them this summer. Wow! Lets just say I look forward to polluting the environment with sh*tty disposable diapers. My tummy is not strong enough to do cloth diapering.Dead

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:31pm
LOL CC i don't do it anymore.

there was one day where every diaper was explosive and it would get all in his hair, and he wasn't even sick. sooo much poop and laundry! at midnight, i remember looking at this huge pile i had to wash, and i still had to prepare for school the next day. i went to the store and got a jumbo pack of pampers and have not looked back  LOL

i will say, w/cloth diapering, i never had a prob. with diaper rashes.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I know when that day comes I'm going to have to anoint myself with oil and say a few prayers like I'm going off to war. 

I picture BF You with a Black Male midwife with Dreads and a Long white Dress so You can see the blood on it to signify the covenant of the Remarkable Day

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:50pm
Man after reading this thread I am so glad I ain't having no damn kid.

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:52pm

there was one day where every diaper was explosive and it would get all in his hair, and he wasn't even sick. sooo much poop and laundry! at midnight, i remember looking at this huge pile i had to wash, and i still had to prepare for school the next day. i went to the store and got a jumbo pack of pampers and have not looked back  LOL

The explosive diapers are the worst (especially if you breastfeed)! Up the back all the way to the neck.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I picture BF You with a Black Male midwife with Dreads and a Long white Dress so You can see the blood on it to signify the covenant of the Remarkable Day
gurl no lol! I don't think I want to do the midwife thing. I hope it happens in the house real fast and unexpected where I just squeeze him/her out on some blankets on the living room floor or something. Kinda like how you hear about it on the news with these teens who secretly gives birth for a couple of minutes and then go on about their business (without neglecting/trashing the baby, of course). 

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:56pm
My labor story

Water broke but the contractions never came. I had to get pitocin (sp) to jump start my labor. Contractions were coming back to back....no breaks! I was handling them but I was getting to the point that I had to make a decision. If I had waited too much longer they would not be able to give it to me. I decided to get it and it was smooth sailing from there on out. I was able to take a nap. When it was time to push it was a breeze. 3 pushes and he was here.

It all depends on your body. I would ask the ladies in your family how their body reacted to the epidural. It's not the same for everyone.

My bestftied had to get a c section b/c her labor process came to a complete stop once she got the epidural. Pitocin wouldn't work either

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:01pm

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

gurl no lol! I don't think I want to do the midwife thing. I hope it happens in the house real fast and unexpected where I just squeeze him/her out on some blankets on the living room floor or something. Kinda like how you hear about it on the news with these teens who secretly gives birth for a couple of minutes and then go on about their business (without neglecting/trashing the baby, of course). 

People who have they babies really quick are the really active ones

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:14pm

PS. We can only give you tips . Everyone is different . I am a strong supporter of pain meds .

1. The afterbirth can feel like you are pushing out another child .

2. Your husband may pass out .

3.You must be firm with the nurse regarding your pain level.

4. Many couples film the birth . We have a ton of broken camcorders in the lost in found lol.

5. Stock up on PH cream . The first time you urinate will feel like a burning from hell .

6. You can keep your baby in your room if everything is ok . I made sure India was by my side .

7. The old wise tale about cleaning is true . You may clean everything a few hours before delivery . I wash my hair and look like a wild woman .

8.Make sure you have a copy of your pain med orders with you at all times .

9.Purchase heavy flow pads . The hospital use the type you can't purchase .

10. Make sure you have frozen veggies in the freezer. Your breast will hurt like heck .

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:28pm
yup, like a said before...preparing for war lol

Posted By: .hott.pink.
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:29pm
...bruh...

I'm NEVER having kids man. Y'all got it. 

*adopts 3 babies*

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:34pm
Another reminder that Dijah + kids may not come into fruition.

No siree ma'am.

eta: but if it did, epidural w/ no catheter in a heart beat.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:36pm

You're a G Blaque.
Gon head and handle it

Posted By: Geminigirl
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:42pm
Umm I did not try and be brave. I was already warned to not try and be brave. I requested mines immediately. I got after they asked me all these dumb ass questions. I don't think it hurts that bad from what i can remember but you have to sit still. I'm due in exactly two weeks and I will be getting my epidural.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:44pm
I don't think having a baby without powerful medicine is trying to be brave though....
Some women can handle it .
It's all a choice

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:50pm

You did it for a while. I'll still cheer that on.LOL

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:51pm

Dont buy too many newborn diapers. They grow out of them fast. I bought and recieved more 1 and 2 diapers.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:57pm
My mother just told me she was only in labor for about 4 hours. She said she felt like she was in labor around 11 PM, she and my father caught the bus and train to the hospital, and had me at 3:48 AM.

What kinda foolishness... 

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:59pm

You're a G Blaque.
Gon head and handle it

What the hell? Babies come out blue like that? 

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

My mother just told me she was only in labor for about 4 hours. She said she felt like she was in labor around 11 PM, she and my father caught the bus and train to the hospital, and had me at 3:48 AM.

What kinda foolishness... 
your mom was lucky. i believe i was in labor for 18 hours for my girl and 15 with my boy.

ew at that vid. Dead

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:19pm
india had some great tips.

also, be firm w/ ppl in the hospital room w/ you right after birth. make sure that you have space to breathe and time w/ you and baby and SO. they have loads of time afterwards to see baby.

my inlaws rushed in right after (8pm), didn't leave until after 1am and was back bright and early and didn't leave for a long time. i was too out of it to really do anything, but i cussed each and every person out when i felt better. esp my husband.

i wish i could go back to that moment when baby first looked at me. that was perfection. in that single moment, i was the happiest i ever was, and probably ever will be.

it makes all the fckery worth it, but if you can avoid it, do it! LOL

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:29pm

i wish i could go back to that moment when baby first looked at me. that was perfection. in that single moment, i was the happiest i ever was, and probably ever will be.

aww know right? i heart this thread. lol my baby got a spankin. doin all that daggon cryin. my drowsy self tapped that booty *why are you crying?* she shut that mouth.

lol @ pink. babies come out in weird colors. both of mine were white/gray-ish and pink.  even after being cleaned up, i thought the nurses brought me the wrong baby. i said whos asian kid is thisDeadLOLLOLLOL they had this spiky hair, they were so white.

Cry i have to go watch the videos now.
Embarrassed

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

this is making my body hurt I'm due in January
Had no idea you were preggers! Congrats!

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:48pm
lol@ lady ice!!

baby was put on my chest, and stopped crying. he snuggled right in and looked at my hubby. I said "hi baby" and he lifted his head up a little and looked at me. pretty sure he looked straight into my soul. nothing else matches that stare.

awww!!! i'm tearing up a little!! Cry

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:50pm
Sick @ that video

If I have a child, I want to be drugged up. F*ck all that natural sh*t. Why be in pain when there is a wonderful epidural to make you feel better!LOL

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 6:57pm
I chose to get an epidural when I was 7.5 inches dilated, not because of the pain. I actually did not think my contractions were that bad. I'm in the strange group of women who thought that it felt like strong menstrual cramps. I chose to get the epidural because the nurse told me it would make me sleepy, and I was very tired, and could not fall asleep on my own because I had a room full of excited people. It does feel cold and slimy going in, but once it kicks in I felt heavenly. I got some of the best darn sleep. I didn't even know I fell asleep. My mom told me I was snoring loudly. I ended up having to have a c-section because my baby was not positioned correctly.

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:25pm

You're a G Blaque.
Gon head and handle it

Jesus be a FENCE!! She just pulled that thang out!

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:40pm
Lmao that video had me shook!

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:51pm
I didn't read the post but I had an epidural with my first and didn't feel a thing.  They gave me the epidural at like 3cm and I had him a few hours after.  I did experience lower back pain for months after. I was 7cm when I arrive at the hospital with my daughter and had her an hour and 45 mins after.  I pushed both my children out in 2 contractions.  The contractions weren't too bad with my natural birth but it burned like hell when I pushed her out and I felt her rip through my vagina. 

ETA: I had an episiotomy with my son and he was only 5lbs(preemie).  The recovery from the episiotomy was much easier than the recovery from tearing with my daughter.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:55pm
I would suggest buying Always Infinity Pads so it doesn't feel like you are wearing a diaper as well as fitted underwear. 

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:57pm

lol@ lady ice!!

baby was put on my chest, and stopped crying. he snuggled right in and looked at my hubby. I said "hi baby" and he lifted his head up a little and looked at me. pretty sure he looked straight into my soul. nothing else matches that stare.

awww!!! i'm tearing up a little!! Cry

Aww, almost made me cry. I can't wait to meet my little man in December

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:03pm
Has anyone had a 3d ultrasound and was it a clear picture of the baby? I've been debating on whether to get one or not. I really want to see the baby now and being impatient.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:09pm
Awww at the baby first look Cry so touching

Anyways kudos to all yall that went through that. My auntie talks about how she was a straight g during birth. No pain killers, no screaming and went by quickly. Her husband said he doesn't remember it happening that way, but she gave him one look and he shut the hell up lol. I already made up my mind. Stern Smile

Posted By: exoticmami06
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:17pm

For anyone whose had an epidural, when during the labor did you receive it? Did you receive it soon after requesting or did it take awhile? Did you feel any pain after the epidural and if so how would you describe it? Did the epidural wear off and if so did they immediately redo it?

I'm trying to get as much info on this as possible. I'm taking an epidural class in a few months and plan to get an epidural because I'm terrified of the pain.

when during the labor did you receive it?
As soon as I felt pain I couldn't tolerate very well

Did you receive it soon after requesting or did it take awhile?

I don't remember the exact amount of time, but it took very quickly.

Did you feel any pain after the epidural and if so how would you describe it?

Yes, moderate cramps....but I was able to push a button to receive more medicine when I felt any pain so it didn't last very long.

Did the epidural wear off and if so did they immediately redo it?
See above.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:20pm

Has anyone had a 3d ultrasound and was it a clear picture of the baby? I've been debating on whether to get one or not. I really want to see the baby now and being impatient.

Hey, I had mine July 20th. It was clear but I was only 5 months at the time. They said you get a better picture further along in the pregnancy. Ill be having another one in October

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:00pm

Hey, I had mine July 20th. It was clear but I was only 5 months at the time. They said you get a better picture further along in the pregnancy. Ill be having another one in October

I'm 28 weeks now. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, maybe in a few weeks.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:12pm
I had the 3d ultrasounds with my 3rd and 5th and they are really sweet if you don't have a anterior placenta or a stubborn baby lol. I only caught little glimpses here and there of their face and no matter how much flipping around I did my babies would only peek for a second. When they were born they looked just like they did in the ultrasound pics.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I didn't read the post but I had an epidural with my first and didn't feel a thing.  They gave me the epidural at like 3cm and I had him a few hours after.  I did experience lower back pain for months after. I was 7cm when I arrive at the hospital with my daughter and had her an hour and 45 mins after.  I pushed both my children out in 2 contractions.  The contractions weren't too bad with my natural birth but it burned like hell when I pushed her out and I felt her rip through my vagina. 

ETA: I had an episiotomy with my son and he was only 5lbs(preemie).  The recovery from the episiotomy was much easier than the recovery from tearing with my daughter.

I thought the slight tear was better. That cut was crucial. And burning. Lord! I told the doctor to just grab her by the head and pull her out. It was awful. I will say that I am glad it was a female doctor that delivered my second. She knew what it felt like and told me to push through it. She was a lot more supportive than the male doctor which delivered my first baby. Which was fine since I didnt feel a thing with him.

I was good and drugged up but still remember the first time I looked at him and held him. My husdand took a pic of it too.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:24pm

I'm 28 weeks now. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, maybe in a few weeks.

Me too turned 28 weeks today actually. When's your due date?

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:30pm
Look for a place doing a good special. I noticed there's tons of places that doing these ultrasounds exclusively after I found my place. 25 bucks. My OB charges 125

Posted By: Topaz Moreno
Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:46pm
I had an epidural and some Demerol

Delivered my 8lb boy with ease

If I ever which is never give birth again I'm definitely taking the drugs

Dam contraction hit me so hard I stood up like wtf

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:26pm

Me too turned 28 weeks today actually. When's your due date?

Dec 6th, having a boy, so excited. I found a place that gives an hour session 3d/4d with dvd, cd and pictures for $135, so I'm going to go next week to get it done. The cheapest I found was $80, but I'd rather not drive to Phoenix which is a half hour from me.

Date Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 11:11pm
I'm due December 8th with a boy!!!! Preggo buddies !!!!! . Oh okay, not bad. For the 25 ingot the entire recorded session of the 2d 3d 4d ultrasound. The 3d and 4d were just sneak peaks for that price but were still included in the DVD so thy was cool. It was like 20 minutes total and well worth it. I also got a variety of pictures wih that.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:46am
Well now, a Sag like me Big smile coolio!

As was said, being induced makes the contractions come faster and more painful. I had to have it done because I was 6 days overdue and the fluid was getting low.
You husband is there to stick up for you because it is scary and you have these whole team of people around you and you might panic. If he can´t do it then an older relative might be a good idea to have next to you too. Somebody who is tough and isn´t easy to push around.

I remember I got into an argument with a woman on my birth board @Babycenter about when to turn the car seat around. This chick said that in Europe we have lower child seat standards. Screw you chick! That boy cried and cried every single time we got in the car. It was to the point I just said forget it, we are not going any where in the car until we can turn his seat around. As soon as we could, he was quite! He hated not being able to see something. He was so calm if his swing faced the window. Even now 4 years later he'll get out his bed and sit in the window and look outside at night.

On the Getting Pregnant board women are much more friendly and helpful. It is something about the boards that gets ugly and catty quickly. 

Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 1:18am
I had my daughter two days before my due date. I was in so much pain. My contractions were coming like every eight minutes. When I got the hospital I was only 4 cm dilated. My doctor induced me and gave me the epidual right away per my request. It took about 30 minutes for it to completely kick in. I went from extreme pain completely comfortable. My labor progressed fairly quickly So my epidural medicine never wore off. Three hours later she was here. I honestly didn't feel a thing. For me it was an amazing experience. I wouldn't have done it any other way. Each woman is different...so is every pregnancy. Do what you feel is best for you and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Good luck!!

Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:40am
In use this app on my phone baby bump and they have a forum.

Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

As was said, being induced makes the contractions come faster and more painful.
LOL thats what they told me, i couldnt tell the difference it was all pain to me.

congrats dec baby boys!! i love baby boys. plz post picsEmbarrassed

Posted By: mzmee
Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 12:32pm
Both them babies coming on the 17th.

My last baby was here 5 days earlier than my due date. She came Aug. 26th the date was the 31st. She was still 8lbs. 15oz. I progressed too soon to get an epidural I went in at 4:00am and had her at 8:31am.

I had an epidural with my 2yr. old because my doctor at the time thought it was a great idea to give me pictocin. That mess felt like the Devils piss flowing through my body. When the meds wore off I was itching like a damn dope fiend. It wasn't kind to me

Date Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 10:31am
I think my due date is off and I'll be having him end of November...

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 10:38am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

LOLCry

Print Page | Close Window