Print Page | Close Window

So I sent My Son to the Store Today....

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=364140
Printed Date: Sep 21 2018 at 6:37pm

Topic: So I sent My Son to the Store Today....
Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Subject: So I sent My Son to the Store Today....
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:48pm
Backstory....

I bought a whole watermelon last weekend. I wanted some of it for breakfast this morning and turn out it was rotten so I sent My 22y.o. Son to the Grocery Store to return it as he was in line holding the new watermelon he picked out and old white lady said to him, "a Brotha with a watermelon, now thats a stereotype "

My Son said He laughed cause He didn't take it offensive...as He left the checkout, she then told him, "Don't wear any hoodies" He said He just looked at her after that comment and left the store....

WWY have done if this was You BHM?

Replies:
Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:51pm
Stern Smile

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:51pm
Pulled out cell phone and pointed camera in her direction. Repeat statement that she just said, then say "Please refrain from speaking to me further or I will b forced to record the rest of our interaction"

Works like a charm.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Pulled out cell phone and pointed camera in her direction. Repeat statement that she just said, then say "Please refrain from speaking to me further or I will b forced to record the rest of our interaction"

Works like a charm.

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:53pm
you raising a coonpliant son bwom?

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:54pm
"He laughed cause He didn't take it offensive." Stern Smile

I swear, this generation.......

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:55pm
I call straight to corporate while I'm in front of the store manager.......you should call corporate and file a formal complaint.....I never speak to a supervisor......I want to make sure it's a write up.......

dp

Posted By: Geminigirl
riiiiight. Ummm I don't know but first thing would be like why the eff you even talking to me hoe. Silence.

Posted By: Eden.
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

who raised em tho?

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

you raising a coonpliant son bwom?

Please, I'm actually proud of Him that He didn't let the white lady ruin His day or send Him into a Rage in a store full of white folk further perpetuating the stereotype of an angry Black Male....

Posted By: tropical-punch

tell me about it. Undoing all the hard work.

Lol I don't entertain racists. U will not see me upset by ur ignorance. U get mad, not me. But if u want to get froggy, then leap. I'll c u in court after I show them video of me beating the f uck out of u for continuously provoking poor little ol creole

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I call straight to corporate while I'm in front of the store manager.......you should call corporate and file a formal complaint.....I never speak to a supervisor......I want to make sure it's a write up.......

So the lady worked for the grocer?

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:59pm
 i dont with white women like that.  they the first one to start some sh*t and then act like a victim.

he shoulda told her no the stereotype is gonna be when i meet you in the parking lotLOLStern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

No She was a Shopper standing in line behind him...

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:02pm

I skimmed.......I would have told her......die and burn old white bitch....

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:03pm
Yall want the boy in jail for being combative with an old white woman.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:03pm

Lol I don't entertain racists. U will not see me upset by ur ignorance. U get mad, not me. But if u want to get froggy, then leap. I'll c u in court after I show them video of me beating the f uck out of u for continuously provoking poor little ol creole

Wayment.....

I thought if u stand up for yourself with any form of violence or aggression in situations involving racism or disrespect then you don't have dreams or aspirations of being anything in life, Creole?

BHM taught me that.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:04pm

Oh.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:05pm

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:06pm
He handled it fine.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

No...but he could have told her off with a smile and walked away Stern Smile that way she'd know not to "try it" with the next black person.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:07pm

No...but he could have told her off with a smile and walked away Stern Smile that way she'd know not to "try it" with the next black person.

Yaasssss!

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:07pm

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:08pm

Wayment.....

I thought if u stand up for yourself with any form of violence in situations involving racism or disrespect then you don't have dreams or aspirations of being anything in life, Creole?

BHM taught me that.

If they attempt to hit u first, it's all good! To swing first, makes u a failure. Where's britannica bhm aka Afro? I'm sloppy with bhm bylaws sometimes

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:08pm

But I thought men weren't supposed to....

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:09pm
coonpliant though?

goodness gracious!

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:10pm
i never know what im gonna say until i say it but ive learned that things dont bother me as much if i speak up.  its only those occasions i should have said something and didnt that i hold on to.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:10pm

I think she felt comfortable enough to do it cause My Son wears glasses so I guess she found Him less threatining than to say it to 'JaQwan' from the block...

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:12pm
depends. i'm ignant-- so it could go one of two ways:

1-- i say "excuse me you old bitch?" then i tell her not to push that "elder respect" thing. all age means is that you've managed not to die... yet. 

or 

2-- i look really shocked and start yelling for store help saying she was threatening me saying i should go back where i came from and shouting racial slurs. and that i didn't come to ___ for that kind of treatment. 

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:12pm

Wayment.....

I thought if u stand up for yourself with any form of violence in situations involving racism or disrespect then you don't have dreams or aspirations of being anything in life, Creole?

BHM taught me that.

If they attempt to hit u first, it's all good! To swing first, makes u a failure. Where's britannica bhm aka Afro? I'm sloppy with bhm bylaws sometimes

Oh okay. I didn't highlight that in my BHM Bylaws 1101 textbook.

Thanks for "learning" me something, Creole.

Each one teach one.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

depends. i'm ignant-- so it could go one of two ways:

1-- i say "excuse me you old bitch?" then i tell her not to push that "elder respect" thing. all age means is that you've managed not to die... yet. 

or 

2-- i look really shocked and start yelling for store help saying she was threatening me saying i should go back where i came from and shouting racial slurs. and that i didn't come to ___ for that kind of treatment. 

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:17pm
imo he did good. she was probably lookin for a reaction outta him.

i never know whats going to happen with me until im in the situation
so im not gonna write a whole bunch of..."well if it were me" kinda stuff.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:20pm
Your son did the right thing. He said or did anything you would be waiting to bail him out right now. They are shooting and killing kids! He is safe at home and will live another day and in the end that is what is most important. If something happened and he was shot who would be in the right and who in the wrong at court? To the public? Media?

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Your son did the right thing. He said or did anything you would be
waiting to bail him out right now. They are shooting and killing kids!
He is safe at home and will live another day and in the end that is what
is most important. If something happened and he was shot who would be
in the right and who in the wrong at court? To the public? Media?

Thank You

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:28pm
The momma in me wants to whoop some ass...LOL

But, he didn't give her the satisfaction of a negative reaction... that is what she was looking for.

Old yt woman tears will get your son in jail over some bs.

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:31pm
I'm glad he didn't say anything back to her. A black man against a white woman is nothing but trouble. He could've snapped on her old ass and started a slew of issues with other messy ass white people in the store.

as much as it sucks, sometimes we have to walk away. He did right.   

Now if it was a white MAN, it'd be different.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:32pm
are people really that incapable of verbally defending themselves without the outcome ending in jail or dead? damn, having a slick mouth is commodity around here.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

are people really that incapable of verbally defending themselves without the outcome ending in jail or dead? damn, having a slick mouth is commodity around here.

Not only that, but keep in mind, there's black folks getting shot or put in jail, or harassed just because it's Tuesday. No provocation needed.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:40pm
I think if it was a black woman and a white woman yes but not a black man. They would have called the police on him for nothing while a woman they might tape it for youtube but she would not be arrested on some bogus crap

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:46pm
It's not that black and white, Tatee.

You can never anticipate another person's reaction when in a situation where someone is being blatantly racist TRYING to get a rise out of you. Especially since she is an older white woman, I bet white men would jump on BWOM's son for talking to that white lady for being rude.

She's a racist Bat. Fck her and she'll have her day, but it wasn't for a young black man to her straight because things can get really wrong really soon. i live in the south, i've seen it happen! He probably never has to see her again, she's not worth it. He probably pissed her off more walking away then indulging in her ignorance. I bet she wanted to see him snap so she could call him an uncivilized gorilla. Sometimes silence is golden.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

You can never anticipate another person's reaction when in a situation where someone is being blatantly racist TRYING to get a rise out of you. Especially since she is an older white woman, I bet white men would jump on BWOM's son for talking to that white lady for being rude.

She's a racist Bat. Fck her and she'll have her day, but it wasn't for a young black man to her straight because things can get really wrong really soon. i live in the south, i've seen it happen! He probably never has to see her again, she's not worth it. He probably pissed her off more walking away then indulging in her ignorance. I bet she wanted to see him snap so she could call him an uncivilized gorilla. Sometimes silence is golden.

IA. Plus for all we know she probably wanted a negative reaction out of him so she could turn things around and make it seem like she was the victim.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

IA. Plus for all we know she probably wanted a negative reaction out of him so she could turn things around and make it seem like she was the victim.

my point is that its being assumed that the only reaction would have had to be negative.  as if the only way you can defend yourself is shouting and swearing. 
what ever he did or didnt do is fine as long as he is ok with the way he handled it.  i really dont see a right or wrong.  im just surprised that people arent more creative.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:57pm
i had no idea watermelon could spoil

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

my point is that its being assumed that the only reaction would have had to be negative.  as if the only way you can defend yourself is shouting and swearing. 
what ever he did or didnt do is fine as long as he is ok with the way he handled it.  i really dont see a right or wrong.  im just surprised that people arent more creative.

I get what your saying although I also know that even if he would've reacted differently, even without shouting or yelling, that white broad could've still easily acted offended and made things about her.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

and then there was this random gem. !!

but yeah, it's a perishable item. it will become overripe/mushy and rot. hahah. 

eta: i'm sure you didn't know because it just never lasted that long in your home huh? yeah, for fruit to go south in our house, we were all sleeping on the job. 

*gets up to get a peach*

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:04pm

[QUOTE=tatee][QUOTE=niecy]

I get what your saying although I also know that even if he would've reacted differently, even without shouting or yelling, that white broad could've still easily acted offended and made things about her.

i hear you.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:05pm

eta: i'm sure you didn't know because it just never lasted that long in your home huh? yeah, for fruit to go south in our house, we were all sleeping on the job. 

*gets up to get a peach*

i aint gonna lie my first thought was damn did she leave it her car?  maybe im just greedy cuz i never had a watermelon more than two days.LOL never seen a spoiled oneLOL

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:09pm

*gets up to get a peach*

Stern Smile Peaches you say...?! Matter of fact, speaking of peaches lemme go whip up a good ol' peach smoothie.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:09pm
That makes me want a plum

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:12pm
Mango..yummy!

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:15pm
they had mangoes on sale for 50 cent last week and i didnt remember until just now.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:15pm

Stern Smile Peaches you say...?! Matter of fact, speaking of peaches lemme go whip up a good ol' peach smoothie.
nice. we were out of em. 

i ended up with a nectarine though.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:27pm

who raised em tho?

MTV Stern Smile

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Your son did the right thing. He said or did anything you would be
waiting to bail him out right now. They are shooting and killing kids!
He is safe at home and will live another day and in the end that is what
is most important. If something happened and he was shot who would be
in the right and who in the wrong at court? To the public? Media?

You've been thanked.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 5:20pm
Your son did good. It takes a lot more strength to not go off on people. But sometimes you gotta check those ignorant fools. 

This reminds me of a time my husband and I were at the store with our children. This old white half dead looking broad kept staring at us and then she asked me if my husband took care of the children and if he was a good dad. Stern Smile. My blood immediately started boiling!! My husband saw that wtf look on my face and pulled me away before I could say anything. I was pissed at him for pulling me away though. I wanted to lay that winch out. But it probably was the reaction she wanted.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 5:26pm
As much I would like for him to dig in her ass, he did the right thing. Some people aren't worth it.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 5:27pm

who raised em tho?

MTV Stern Smile

Who paid for the cable?Stern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

who raised em tho?

MTV Stern Smile

Who paid for the cable?Stern Smile

In MY house, I do. But then again, I didn't have MTV, BET etc. so.....

Nice try...LOLWink

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 5:54pm
i think he should have said something... 
he could have said it without getting angry or yelling and nothing would have come of it.. 
these ppl cant think they can say ish like that and get away with it.. without even a snarky retort.. they will feel like they can do and say whatever they want. 
she should have walked outta there thinking twice before ever saying something like that again 

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 6:25pm
Some people react different and him laughing was probably because he felt uncomfortable... Did she say a brotha or a "N" word? I hope she didn't use the N word...  But I can't tell someone how to react: The point is that he made it home safe and that he's not in jail..

Thank BEYSUS!!!

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

Some people react different and him laughing was probably because he felt uncomfortable... Did she say a brotha or a "N" word? I hope she didn't use the N word...  But I can't tell someone how to react: The point is that he made it home safe and that he's not in jail..

Thank BEYSUS!!!

she called him Brotha like she was a Sista

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 7:47pm
white folks young , old no matter what are so effin brazen these days to say racist things to black folksl...seriously...

it prob good thing ur son didn;t do anything or say anything  cause if this old byotch says things like this to a complete black stranger and think nothing of it....God forbid if he acted on her remarks..*rolls eyes*

don't worry she;ll say something smart again like she did here to someone else and she'll be on life support..then pulling the plug on her ass..

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 7:54pm
She's lucky your son didnt act a fool

Sidenote: I was on a conference call with one of our clients from Louisianna and he's this older white guy. My black male coworker introduced himself to the client and the client replies "How ya doin brotha?" I mean it was deeeeeeeeeeead silent after that comment.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Thank BEYSUS!!!

she called him Brotha like she was a Sista

Oh okay Sleepy some people aren't even worth acknowledging....

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 8:24pm
These the type of folks that deserve to get robbed at gunpoint. Now had he followed her out the store and mugged her old ass in the parking lot that really would have been a stereotype!

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 9:37pm
Land if my son would have told me that I would not rest until I found her.If all else fails the next old yt lady I saw would have to take one for the team.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 9:56pm
She was thinking out loud, and probably expecting other whites to join her "jokes". Since he didn't reply, she decided to get bold.
He should have said something after she spoke again, regardless of the store being full of whites. One thing is to speak your mind, another is to hit someone.

He should have pointed out that she was the typical stereotype of a white ignorant woman: when she opens her mouth, only sh!t comes out.

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 5:39am
"A white woman being nosy? Now that's a stereotype"

Her second comment was really uncalled for. I woulda prolly said something like "Racism is alive! Even in the dang near dead. smh" 

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 5:49am

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:22am
You returned a watermelon? ConfusedConfused

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 1:31pm
^^^^^it was $8.00, I work to hard to throw My money away

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 1:40pm

^^^^^it was $8.00, I work to hard to throw My money away

When i read YGs post i knew where she was coming from. Living in Jamaica where we are afraid to return the simplest things and the gas time the hassle you know you will get even when the return/refund policy is on your side. Whereas the US is return friendly. How much is an entire watermelon out here? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 3:11pm
I return my watermelon too sometimes (if the store isn't too far away). Watermelon  My fruit is not a game Stern Smile

Posted By: Ritle
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 3:38pm
Ignorant comments either get my side eye or death stare.
Sometimes it's the body language that does the trick.

Posted By: sache1991
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:10pm
connery....letting old crakkkas call you words and letting it slide Sleepy

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:16pm
^^^ Call it what you want, but her son came home... on time, not locked up.. Or the latter...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:21pm
I think certain people have slow responses....I have a slow response sometimes. If someone makes a slick comment, I become very quiet or laugh it off but I will think about it later on and get angry but by then it's too late Cry

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 6:27pm
I about had it with yt folks and their talking way. So my cube is homebase for gossip I have no idea why but everyone that's cool whether yt or black stops at my cube to always give me office tea...Disapprove Mind you I never ever ask for this info. So I'm talking to a few ladies around my desk and one asks me oh Suga how many kids do you have? Before I could blink the co-worker behind me shouts from her cube "TOO MANY". I said in my mind WTF who's even talking to you but I didn't say anything and kept talking and we all rolled our eyes and ignored her. I let that slide. This was last month.

Do you know last week this over fed pig and the nerve to come to my cube and say: Oh you know how i'm a pintrest freak well I have a neat idea for a science project for your little "Rascals". I didn't let this one slide. I'm a "I will beat your arse RET NOW and return to my computer like nothing happened voice" told her to never call my kids Rascals you don't even know them. The shock on her face and the tears began to form. I was hypnotized and started feeling bad. I said in my mind this is what BHM was talking about with the yt tears. I then proceed to IM her over the communicator and apologized that I was having a bad day. I was seriously pissed but I didn't want any tension while in the office but LAWDDDDDD. Calm down Suga! Whew.

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 7:00pm

^^^ Call it what you want, but her son came home... on time, not locked up.. Or the latter...

You've been Thanked Darling...

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Stern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 8:13pm

You've been Thanked Darling...

Hug
Thank you.. It's not easy raising a black man....

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:13pm
Ok I understand not reporting or calling out every racist cause we have jobs and that would take all day. But just give them what they give back to them. Laughing with them in 2013 after Trayvon Martin? Um no. 

Maybe because I went to all white schools so I got comfortable in talking back sh*t to them. When I used to have white friends, I had a white girl say racist stuff that I never addressed and I vowed that that would be the last time I evvvvver let a white person talk to me like that and not say anything back.
So it begins.

I remember when a white girl said how gross black hair is and how she is happy she doesn't have it. So I responded by saying at least my hair isn't greasy and smell like wet dog after showering. She looked like she wanted to cry.

My mom and I were leaving her office. This white security guard of hispanic descent comes over to us and tells us he saw black males walking around and this place is to be kept safe implying that we knew the men. So my mom goes, "I'm not sure what you are referring to. However, ever since that Fiesta opened up around the corner, I've been worried about the safety of this area." He looked like he lost his train of thought and walked away.

My white roommate's boyfriend saw me and my male friend enter my apartment when he was on his way out. I went into the room to change because we were about to go out. Fast forward to a few weeks later when my roommate told me that her boyfriend didn't feel comfortable leaving her alone while my male friend was in the living room alone. Word. I said "Um that's odd because he was waiting for me to get ready for a night out and honestly he doesn't even like white girls." Then I straight up said "Your boyfriend is racist." She kept denying it like I said he was cheating. 

I have to admit that my boyfriend and best friend say I have to chill with white people hate though lol. I'm trying, but they are so shady. The only white friends I have are homosexual and understanding of the struggle. Maybe because I'm in the south. 

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:29pm
Honestly, that is why I will always respect my ex. He is a grade A asshole, but he always calls whites out on their BS. He is now the youngest manager of an engineering company of a country small town in Texas. While his friend, a really nice guy, works at the same job laughs at their racist jokes, finishes their work without pay, works on his vacation for them and remains at entry level. They started working there the same time. I thought it was kind of mean, but my ex called him out and told his friend that he needs to stop saying yes to every bs assignment they give him.

Date Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:38pm
All Great Comebacks KG, I do wish He could of said something to put her in Her place but its too late now...

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I about had it with yt folks and their talking way. So my cube is homebase for gossip I have no idea why but everyone that's cool whether yt or black stops at my cube to always give me office tea...Disapprove Mind you I never ever ask for this info. So I'm talking to a few ladies around my desk and one asks me oh Suga how many kids do you have? Before I could blink the co-worker behind me shouts from her cube "TOO MANY". I said in my mind WTF who's even talking to you but I didn't say anything and kept talking and we all rolled our eyes and ignored her. I let that slide. This was last month.

Do you know last week this over fed pig and the nerve to come to my cube and say: Oh you know how i'm a pintrest freak well I have a neat idea for a science project for your little "Rascals". I didn't let this one slide. I'm a "I will beat your arse RET NOW and return to my computer like nothing happened voice" told her to never call my kids Rascals you don't even know them. The shock on her face and the tears began to form. I was hypnotized and started feeling bad. I said in my mind this is what BHM was talking about with the yt tears. I then proceed to IM her over the communicator and apologized that I was having a bad day. I was seriously pissed but I didn't want any tension while in the office but LAWDDDDDD. Calm down Suga! Whew.

Her first comment was just silly and she was trying to stir sh!t. But her second one was really inappropriate, especially because she was referring to someone's else child. You shouldn't have apologized because you didn't threaten to kill her, you just told her to respect your children.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 4:55am
White folks just like to get a reaction. Getting black folks hot and bothered is just what they want. 
When it gets batted my way, I act like I didn't understand what they said or didn't hear it...that throws them off. I'm unmoved. If I have to be around them a lot, as in we're colleagues...that nips it in the butt right away. Giving the stare or going back at them...I'm satisfying their desire. Bump all of that. I'm going to show you that you are a non-factor and no one is paying attention to your ignorant azz by not even acknowledging the stupidity. As long as no one is trying to cause me bodily harm..

Posted By: katakana89
Date Posted: Sep 09 2013 at 12:09pm
I don't know if I could have let that hoodie comment slide. At the same time, I glad he did because the important thing is that he is ALIVE and home safe...

Print Page | Close Window