Print Page | Close Window

Sean Kingston accused of gang rape

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=363945
Printed Date: Sep 24 2017 at 10:23pm

Topic: Sean Kingston accused of gang rape
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: Sean Kingston accused of gang rape
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:17am
Sean Kingston Sued For Alleged Gang Rape
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/sean-kingston-gang-rape_n_3843475.html?view=print&comm_ref=false" rel="nofollow -
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/sean-kingston-gang-rape_n_3843475.html" rel="nofollow"> http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=ih9XWj18D0bufM&tbnid=18OjpnahsZKyVM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.last.fm%2Fmusic%2FSean%2BKingston%2F%2Bimages%2F5818081&ei=Y0wjUvG5DYmvsQTD1o%20w&psig=AFQjCNH2JxchKOaGfLzEimNMAK7AO-eNWA&ust=1378131427285335" rel="nofollow">
http://plus.google.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2013%2F08%2F30%2Fsean-kingston-gang-rape_n_3843475.html&hl=en-US" rel="nofollow">Share on Google+

Sean Kingston has been accused of gang-raping a drunk teenager back in 2010, according to a new lawsuit.

TMZ reports that Carissa Capeloto, 22, has filed a http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/30/sean-kingston-sued-lawsuit-girl-gang-rape/" rel="nofollow - lawsuit against the rapper claiming that Kingston forced her to have sex with him, his bodyguard and one of the rapper's band members at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Seattle in July 2010.

Kingston, 23, he has already filed legal documents insisting the sex was completely consensual.

Capeloto, who is suing all three men, claims she was invited back to Kingston's hotel room for a meet-and-greet after a Justin Bieber concert, where the rapper had also performed, but when she arrived, the rapper was waiting naked on his bed. She claims the assault happened after she smoked marijuana and took 7 to 10 shots of vodka and was inebriated.

She claims Kingston's bodyguard picked her up and placed her on top of the nude rapper, and then all three men proceeded to gang rape her while she was "obviously intoxicated, incapable of consent."

Capeloto is now suing for $5 million in damages, claiming that her life has been ruined. A trial has been set for November.

Back in 2010, when the sexual assault claim was first made against the rapper, law enforcement sources told TMZ that two women arrived at the rapper's hotel room intoxicated with bottles of vodka and beer in hand, and that one woman had sex with Kingston. And at the time, the site reported that http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/sean-kingston-sexual-assault-woman-seattle-sex-hotel-singer/" rel="nofollow - sources said cops didn't believe the woman's claims that she was assaulted. Criminal charges against Kingston were dropped, when they concluded that the woman "wasn't credible enough for a legit case," according to the website.

A request for comment made to Kingston's reps was not immediately answered.

Replies:
Posted By: Dapheny
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:18am
Don't believe it but you never know

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:25am
Is she white?

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:25am
For some reason I don't like his dumplin ass

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:27am
i read that he settled the case. 
settling doesn't make him a rapist but i am assuming something grey enough happened that he didn't want to battle it out in court. 

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:27am
Walks in room to find a fat naked man but yet sticks around for some weed and vodkaErmm

In the words of Judge Judy "that doesn't make any sense, and if it doesn't make sense its because its not true"

But who knows...

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:33am
oh, and i didn't know sean kingston was a rapper. 
i thought he was a pop singer
smh at white media

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:40am
usweekly is claiming he paid her half of the 5mill she asked for

TMZ: Sean Kingston settles the rape charges, pays half of settlement
Exclusive

Sean Kingston
 has settled up with the 22-year-old girl who accused the singer and his former bodyguards of gang rape back in 2010, sources close to Kingston tell TMZ.

Sources tell us, Kingston settled NOT because he's admitting guilt, but because his upcoming tour and new album release will prevent him from focusing his energies on a messy civil trial.

Our sources close to Kingston's team say he paid the alleged victim only a fraction of what she asked for in order to make the lawsuit disappear as soon as possible. They didn't tell us the exact amount of the settlement.

That said, we're told Kingston believes he would have won the case outright if it went to trial ... the same way he dodged criminal charges three years ago.

As one source said, "Her story wasn't consistent. She told various stories throughout her interviews with police. Her friend's story wasn't consistent with hers. The medical report had no indications of force."

As we reported, Kingston acknowledged having sex with the girl -- when she was 19 -- but said the sex was consensual. The lawsuit is expected to be dismissed shortl

Read more:  http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/31/sean-kingston-settlement-gang-rape-lawsuit/#ixzz2dYcsZul0" rel="nofollow - Sean Kingston -- I Settled Gang Rape Lawsuit | TMZ.com  
Visit Fishwrapper:  http://www.fishwrapper.com/" rel="nofollow - Fishwrapper Home | Fishwrapper.com

usweekly is claiming he paid her half of the 5mill she asked for

Quote:
Sources tell Kingston has settled the rape charges with the 22-year-old woman by paying half of the $5 million she asked for. Sources say it was not out of guilt, but because he wanted the case to go away so he could primarily focus on his new upcoming album

Read more:  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/sean-kingston-sued-for-alleged-gang-rape-2013308#ixzz2dYeDNGkT" rel="nofollow - http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz2dYeDNGkT  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=dFNQGSbkCr4AEwacwqm_6r&u=usweekly" rel="nofollow - @usweekly on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=dFNQGSbkCr4AEwacwqm_6r&u=usweekly" rel="nofollow - usweekly on Facebook

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 9:47am
sued? girl bye

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 10:13am
damn the next time the basketball event hits philly..this old woman here will be hanging out at their hotel and claim they drugged me with geritol and women's centrum vitamins and had their way with me and get paid..smdh....

seriously some of these women who file these lawsuits and then tell their stories and u read them and ask urself ..Y in god's name did u do that? u don't know any better?  but then there are some that do really get taken advantage of in a situation where it  can't be helped...

some get so freakin star struck they obviously don't think in absolute straightness...smdh

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 10:53am
Doesn't matter who had on what. Rape is rape and it is always the rapist's fault.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 10:59am
Duddes better start making consent forms for their groupie encounters. And stop doing everything high and drunk.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Duddes better start making consent forms for their groupie encounters. And stop doing everything high and drunk.
word to david beckham

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:13am
Believable

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:14am
I believe he did it, his recent behavior is disgusting. He's changed a lot and degrades women.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:32am
So she sued instead of going to the police?

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:32am
did the settlement include her saying it wasnt rape because otherwise...Stern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Back in 2010, when the sexual assault claim was first made against the rapper, law enforcement sources told TMZ that two women arrived at the rapper's hotel room intoxicated with bottles of vodka and beer in hand, and that one woman had sex with Kingston. And at the time, the site reported that http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/sean-kingston-sexual-assault-woman-seattle-sex-hotel-singer/" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:37am

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Back in 2010, when the sexual assault claim was first made against the
rapper, law enforcement sources told TMZ that two women arrived at the
rapper's hotel room intoxicated with bottles of vodka and beer in hand,
and that one woman had sex with Kingston. And at the time, the site
reported that [URL=http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/sean-kingston-sexual-assault-woman-seattle-sex-hotel-singer/" rel="nofollow]sources said cops didn't believe the woman's claims that she was assaulted. [/URL]Criminal
charges against Kingston were dropped, when they concluded that the
woman "wasn't credible enough for a legit case," according to the
website.

Yeah I skimmed that shyt ....

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

For some reason I don't like his dumplin ass
ditto. he's just never sat right with me. 
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Doesn't matter who had on what. Rape is rape and it is always the rapist's fault.
this 

and this. 

Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:44am
went to a justin bieber concert and got sean kingston
damn

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:49am
What many have to understand that in today "legal" system everyone knows the GAME...sue with the goals of a settlement.  Aim high, aim for settlement, legal fees for the rich and may corporations far exceed the settlement.  Girl made 2 million which she surely would not have made at her current age.  If she is wise and uses the money well...she is set for a good while.  She came out as the winner.

Right or wrong, the goal of many is a settlement.

Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:52am
19/20
she'll blow it in a year 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

went to a justin bieber concert and got sean kingston
damn

yeah i kinda saw it as went to a jb concert and she got 2 milLOL

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 2:38pm
A settlement to the young woman because you didn't rape her?

All right bruh.

Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 4:25pm
Sean Kingston's canada concert cancelled due to gang rapist settlement
I don't care what anyone says, that man and his goons RAPED that girl. The only reason criminal charges weren't brought was because the DA didn't have enough to prosecute. Civil court has way more leeway in gathering evidence and finding out info. He knew that which is why they settled. There are probably more girls this happened to, but were/are too afraid to say anything. Mean

I hope this fat NEVER makes ANOTHER damn dime after this. Mad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2408436/Sean-Kingston-concert-Canadian-university-cancelled-following-settlement-woman-claimed-gang-raped-rapper.html" rel="nofollow - Sean Kingston concert at Canadian university is cancelled following his settlement with woman who claimed she was 'gang raped' by the rapper | Mail Online

Sean Kingston concert at Canadian university is cancelled following his settlement with woman who claimed she was 'gang raped' by the rapper

He has settled the $5 million lawsuit with a woman who claimed she was 'gang raped' by the star for an undisclosed amount.

Now it has been revealed that Sean Kingston's upcoming appearance at a university in Canada has been cancelled as a direct result of the case.

Sean had been to due to perform at the University of Western Ontario on 7th September for the school's Orientation week.

However, TMZ report that the school stopped the performance saying: 'Having Mr. Kingston perform could cloud the values surrounding O-Week,'

Adding that the school has 'zero tolerance for sexual assault.'

It was reported yesterday that the rapper had settled the $5m lawsuit with a woman who claimed was 'gang raped' by the rapper and his personal bodyguard after a Justin Bieber concert three years ago.

The reason purported for the payout is his upcoming tour and new album release would prevent him from focusing fully on a civil trial, and the lawsuit is expected to be dismissed shortly.

Carissa Capeloto, now 22, claimed she was a teenager when she was 'forced to have sex with Sean, his bodyguard and a member of Sean's band' at a Seattle hotel in July, 2010.

According to TMZ he paid her only a fraction of what she asked for in order to make the matter disappear, though the exact amount of the settlement is unknown.

This was despite the fact he believes he would have won the case outright if it went to trial, in the way he avoided criminal charges three years ago.

A source told the website: 'Her story wasn't consistent. She told various stories throughout her interviews with police. Her friend's story wasn't consistent with hers. The medical report had no indications of force.'

Kingston acknowledged having sex with the girl when she was 19 but said the sex was consensual.

Capeloto claimed she had smoked marijuana and downed 7-10 shots of vodka on the night the attack took place, before she was invited to Kingston's hotel room for a 'meet and greet' following a Justin Bieber concert.

The suit also said Capeloto was 'obviously intoxicated, incapable of consent' at the time of the incident, and was later rescued by a friend when police were called and she was taken to a hospital and treated for physical injuries consistent with rape.

She sued all three men involved in the attack and was said to want a minimum of $5 million.

Criminal charges against Kingston were dropped in 2010 after authorities concluded that Capeloto didn't have a 'credible enough' case.

Kingston is said to have filed his own legal documents claiming the sex was '100% consensual'.

In 2011, Kingston was involved in a near-fatal jet-ski accident over Memorial day weekend at the end of May.

The singer suffered a broken jaw, fractured wrist, battled water in his lungs, and a torn aorta - an injury so severe that 90 of sufferers do not survive.
(Karma?)

Just months after the accident he made a triumphant return to the spotlight at the Teen Choice Awards, where he graced the red-carpet for the first time.

He also received public messages of support from the likes of Rihanna and his friend Justin Bieber.

At the time, Kingston said of his fans: 'They seem so excited to see me. A lot of people didn't know how devastating it was, so when people heard about the story you could tell people were very shocked and [also] very supportive.'

'...I shed like 45 pounds, and I've been working out every day,' Kingston told MTV News.

He added that he was determined to maintain his new outlook: 'But I got to keep it up and lose more weight. It's easy to gain weight when you're in the studio. That's how it first started out but I'm cutting all that out.'

Sean told MTV news: 'I'm 100 per cent right now. What the accident basically taught me is, in life, you have to count your blessings.'

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2408436/Sean-Kingston-concert-Canadian-university-cancelled-following-settlement-woman-claimed-gang-raped-rapper.html#ixzz2dfNbDy3k" rel="nofollow - Sean Kingston concert at Canadian university is cancelled following his settlement with woman who claimed she was 'gang raped' by the rapper | Mail Online

Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 4:26pm
sorry tht was a c and p. not my words on top

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 4:35pm
If she allegedly had injuries consistent with rape how was there not enough credibility for a case?

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:35pm
Quote As one source said, "Her story wasn't consistent. She told various stories throughout her interviews with police. Her friend's story wasn't consistent with hers. The medical report had no indications of force."

SK's lawyer sucks at his job and does not even like SK as a person.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:55pm

Going to a rappers hotel room for a "meet and greet" while drunk and high? 

That's like dropping a mice in a pit of snakes. 

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

All right bruh.

Werd.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 11:50pm
I'll be damned if I settle and give anyone $2.5 mil for some mess I didn't do. That's suspect as hell.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 12:58am
he did it.

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

All right bruh.

Werd.

honestly.

dont like his dumplin ass either.

looks like his jeans hitch up in his thighs when he walks. ugh.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 1:46pm
I wouldn't doubt it.

So what if she went back to the hotel. Many fans don't mind partying with the artist, that dont mean they want to be *&%^$#@Eed by the artist AND their crew.

I usually tend to believe the victim because lets be honest, it's not like men are falsely accused of rape every day. There are more groupies who willingly fck artists then there are evil crazy women who set them up and lie for money. Plus I have heard that he is disrespectful and nasty

Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 1:57pm
Do you believe that her story was inconsistent with the friends, and that she changed her story multiple times when talking to police?

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I'll be damned if I settle and give anyone $2.5 mil for some mess I didn't do. That's suspect as hell.

While id agree that stance looks differently when 2.5mil is a lot less than the cost of legal fee's, lost profit from touring,appearances, album sells and image. Even if he were innocent  which no one really knows the accusation of rape will always be there. Not liking a person as many have already stated for whatever reasons also make accusations believable for them despite the the fact that the accusers credibility was flawed by her own words and account of the evening. I dont know if he did it or not, no one does but its also not abnormal for a celebrity to  settle outside of court even when they are innocent. Thing is no one will ever know as im sure as a condition of the settlement the girl probably had to sign some confidentiality papers...which leaves nothing left but speculation by everyone who wasnt a participant that night.

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:35pm
He settled because he wanted to get on with his career? WHAT CAREER? Are people eagerly awaiting a Sean K album that he would plead guilty to something he didn't do? In my opinion He fat he did the attack

Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

He settled because he wanted to get on with his career? WHAT CAREER? Are people eagerly awaiting a Sean K album that he would plead guilty to something he didn't do? In my opinion He fat he did the attack

Well he was set to do an appearance that was set but got canceled and he had enough of a career to part with 2.5 million...Apparently he does have a fanbase I uno.. not every artist can fight said sex crime allegations and come back from it.... like MJ, Tupac,dmx etc..He could have done and could be guilty, or he could be innocent .... both parties have acted in a way that makes the account of that night questionable.

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Well he was set to do an appearance that was set but got canceled and he had enough of a career to part with 2.5 million...Apparently he does have a fanbase I uno.. not every artist can fight said sex crime allegations and come back from it.... like MJ, Tupac,dmx etc..He could have done and could be guilty, or he could be innocent .... both parties have acted in a way that makes the account of that night questionable.

Even so him settling is hurting him because they canceled his appearance in Canada. He should not have settled if he did not do anything. Now he just looks like he is covering up

Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 3:05pm

Even so him settling is hurting him because they canceled his appearance in Canada. He should not have settled if he did not do anything. Now he just looks like he is covering up

I thought it was canceled prior to the settlement?...Could be wrong...only glanced it over but if it were prior than its more reason that his ppl told him it would be best to settle.  Again I dont know if he was guilty or innocent and even if he had gone through with it and for some reason wasnt found guilty, some will still say he was guilty because they dont like him. He could be guilty he could be innocent.....with celebrity cases settling isnt always black and white...As I stated before both parties look like they may have came in with unclean hands.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I thought it was canceled prior to the settlement?...Could be wrong...only glanced it over but if it were prior than its more reason that his ppl told him it would be best to settle.  Again I dont know if he was guilty or innocent and even if he had gone through with it and for some reason wasnt found guilty, some will still say he was guilty because they dont like him. He could be guilty he could be innocent.....with celebrity cases settling isnt always black and white...As I stated before both parties look like they may have came in with unclean hands.

It was canceled as a direct result of this case! 

Date Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 11:51pm
Ill be damned if I take 2.5 million for being gang raped

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 3:43am

Do you believe that her story was inconsistent with the friends, and that she changed her story multiple times when talking to police?
pardon?

Print Page | Close Window