Print Page | Close Window

A list of expectations 4 the virgin hair newbies

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=363769
Printed Date: Jun 23 2018 at 9:45am

Topic: A list of expectations 4 the virgin hair newbies
Posted By: iChinaaBanks
Subject: A list of expectations 4 the virgin hair newbies
Date Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:36pm
Hai.  Okay I went into lurk mode, but I'm coming back out to help some newbies with ordering virgin hair, and offering advice on what to ask for when ordering, especially from Aliexpress.  My ranking is "new" on here because I signed up in February, but I'm no stranger to weave.

Newbies: When ordering from Aliexpress, make sure you message the seller FIRST via chat.  You will be able to explain exactly what you want to them, so your chances of being surprised at what you get are slim.

ASK FOR:

• Full, thick bundles
  • Dark to 1b color bundles (no dye, looks way better if you're going to ombre)
  • 100% virgin hair
  • No shedding
  • No tangling
  • No matting
  • No smell
  • Full healthy ends
  • No lice and no lice nits
  • No dry hair
  • 100% healthy bouncy hair
  • No short hairs (makes the hair look brittle and unhealthy)
  • Good weft construction
  • At least 3.8 to 4 oz bundles

Some sellers will try to rip you off and give you less hair than what you paid for (90-95 grams).  The standard pack or bundle of hair is 3.5 ounces (or 100g).  Some sellers offer more hair in the bundle (3.8 oz to 4oz)....just be sure to ask, or you might get less than what you paid for. 

That's my standard template for ordering hair!
You're welcome.

Replies:
Posted By: LaurenNicole
Date Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 1:27pm
Thank you so much for this! It's really helpful. I'll be bookmarking this one

Posted By: asims1140
Date Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 10:20pm
Aaaaaaaand bookmarked!

Posted By: Ashtash05
Date Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 1:36am
Thanks! I'm a newbie and I needed that!

Posted By: Teesweet
Date Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 9:47am
Thank you for the info. I left out a few of the suggestions last time I spoke with a vendor.

Posted By: Geminigirl
Date Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 10:17am
thanks

Posted By: Milanni Parys
Date Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 9:57pm
And NO FILLER, SYNTHETIC OR ANIMAL FIBERS. lol theres been alot ot this lately. Lll

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 10:05pm
Does this apply to a specific texture or all hair textures apply?  The reason why I ask is that I am leaning more towards kinky curly and kinky straight to make blending easier for my natural hair.

Posted By: Milanni Parys
Date Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Does this apply to a specific texture or all hair textures apply?  The reason why I ask is that I am leaning more towards kinky curly and kinky straight to make blending easier for my natural hair.
I would say its a good guideline for any texture.

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:52pm
and ladies ask for cuticles ALIGNED

Posted By: hot_N_Spicy73
Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 3:06pm
thank u all for this

Posted By: beana3
Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 4:29pm
Good, helpful list!

Posted By: chrispyxchreme
Date Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 11:34pm
Thanks so much for this! It's extremely helpful. 

Date Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 8:39pm
Oh yeah definitely ask for no filler or synthetic hairs! They will try to sneak in those pieces! Also the aligned cuticles is big for no tangling.

Thanks for adding those suggestions in ladies!

Posted By: hennared
Date Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 9:48pm
^^^ Not to be argumentative, but..

Do you all (I am really asking not being sarcastic) really think by asking vendors for these particulars that they will deliver you a better product than what they ordinarily do?  I mean.. its pretty easy to see a lot of these vendors promising anything to get the sale, KWIM... Dead

Date Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

^^^ Not to be argumentative, but..

Do you all (I am really asking not being sarcastic) really think by asking vendors for these particulars that they will deliver you a better product than what they ordinarily do?  I mean.. its pretty easy to see a lot of these vendors promising anything to get the sale, KWIM... Dead

How can I put this..........
I ordered from an AE vendor before & asked for 100% virgin hair with those requests.  A few months later, I looked up reviews on the company I ordered from (there was only one review which praised the hair at the time I was searching for hair, so I decided to wing it) & a girl got synthetic/trash "hair".......
The hair listed in their store NOW is clearly synthetic/processed because of the "#1, #2, #4, #27" giveaway (in reference to the hair color), and their low low prices.  When I ordered and asked for 100% virgin hair, the price jumped significantly ..... The store also looks very different and revamped (but not in a good way).

Does this mean that they scammed me? No....because I got GREAT hair. Bleached, dyed, flat ironed, manipulated to the Peruvian Gods, and more.  I just believe that you have to talk to the vendor before ordering to get what you want or they will send you ANYTHING.

Date Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 10:25pm
It also helps if you tell them that you're gonna be reviewing the hair on BHM & YT LMFAO.

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 10:35pm
I'm always specific with CV's and I've never received anything less than what I asked for/expected.

Date Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by miiszjanae miiszjanae wrote:

I'm always specific with CV's and I've never received anything less than what I asked for/expected.

Exhibit B.

Posted By: 313girl08
Date Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 8:50am
Good stuff! Bookmarked.

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by iChinaaBanks iChinaaBanks wrote:

It also helps if you tell them that you're gonna be reviewing the hair on BHM & YT LMFAO.

I just ordered hair (not from ali) for the first time and I mentioned that I will be reviewing the hair (after the hair was purchased and was enroute to be shipped)..I waited until the order was processed to mention this bc i want to give an honest review! I dont know if telling them up front that you will be reviewing them will make a difference in what you will receive but honestly i didnt want special treatment .

Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Date Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:45am
Thank you ladies! I will be making my first Aliexpress transaction soon so wish me luck.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BlaXiCaN BlaXiCaN wrote:

I just ordered hair (not from ali) for the first time and I mentioned that I will be reviewing the hair (after the hair was purchased and was enroute to be shipped)..I waited until the order was processed to mention this bc i want to give an honest review! I dont know if telling them up front that you will be reviewing them will make a difference in what you will receive but honestly i didnt want special treatment .

You're a good one, because I WOULD want special treatment.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 7:04am

I would NOT mention BHM, most of those hair companies well lets just say this ain't their favorite site. Can I ask a few questions in a non sarcastic tone?

Why would you subject yourself to ordering from a company that you HAVE to have a checklist to order from?

For the ladies who order from ALI, do you really save coins from ordering from them?

Is the risk really worth the reward?

I order wigs and wefts from a company that has a ad on ALI, the prices he charges on there are way higher than on the regular website and Im honestly not sure why. If they have a website is there any reason you would not order directly?

Posted By: imaneisraa
Date Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 12:13pm
I'm a newbie here, thanks that's really inspiring
http://the-best-hair-dryer-reviews.com - hair dryer reviews

Posted By: BlaXiCaN
Date Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Originally posted by BlaXiCaN BlaXiCaN wrote:

You're a good one, because I WOULD want special treatment.

Well i ended up with crap...hair lasted about 3 weeks and then whatever chemical they used to acheive the curl wore off..and now its a tangled, dry , mess lol LOL soooo im opting for the SPECIAL TREATMENT by going in with a list of demands..consider that my 1 naive post for the year. no more ms nice buyer lol Star

Posted By: miszscott
Date Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 6:38pm
I'm glad I found this post and although I am not sure if the list really works, I did have a demand of things that I wanted to be sure was accurate, especially concerning weft construction, which prevents too much shedding. I think if you do go in with such a demeanor they may actually consider inspecting the damn bundles before they ship it out, because I dont think many do and end up sending people hair that may not have been sent to them in the best condition. I did make my list of demands and order from Ali so I will post pics once it arrives and update, etc. I think it is best to do so as well in case the hair is not up to par with your standards and you wish for a refund and have to dispute through paypal, if you pay through paypal, that way you have proof you asked for hair with no damn fillers or raggedy ends. :D

Posted By: chasityraven
Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 9:07am
Made my first AE purchase Tongue

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by chasityraven chasityraven wrote:

Made my first AE purchase Tongue
Me tooWink

Print Page | Close Window